Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet > Genava NON Vaccinated

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gordyjh wrote:
@millerlin, For the hard-of-understanding like your good self, please realise “Putin” is the modern version of “Caring Understanding Nineties Type”.

Be a democrat, not a Putin.


ok Gordy, go back to blowing your horses
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@millerlin, so what? If you don’t like the rules, vote for change. Whingeing about how you’re special and they don’t apply to you just doesn’t cut the mustard. Supporting other whingers is unlikely to win friends or to influence people.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@millerlin, ooh I’m so scared of your childish taunting!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@millerlin, or should I call you Interpaul?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@millerlin, Thanks for your support, there really are a lot of boring old covid rule obsessed f@rts that like to spout their covid obsessions on here.

My daughter did indeed join us for our holiday in Switzerland, just got back yesterday Smile

We all flew to Basel Mulhouse which is technically in France (Geneva and train was a plan B for her) as it is the closest airport to Engelberg, where we were skiing.

She got a roof of recovery letter on the Saturday, the day before we flew and the French customs guys were more than happy with that, as long as you have something to show them they could not care less. They didn't even scan my covid passport, just a quick glance and were waved through. We were not asked for a compelling reason to enter France, or to see the Sworn statement. It is a load of bollox.

Once in Switzerland, we did not need masks anywhere, in fact the taxi driver who picked us up laughed and told us you are now in Switzerland and don't need those stupid things here. The Engelberg Titlis Express gondola that takes you from the Talstation, up to mid mountain technically should have had masks being worn, but no one, and I mean not a single person ever had to put a mask on. The swiss are bored with Covid, and so it seems are the French.

When we flew back through Basel airport yesterday, I noticed a lot of people (presumably Swiss) were not wearing masks. So I didn't bother, got through check in, security and customs without a mask, even the flight they were not enforcing mask wearing.

She is off to Madrid next Month to visit her friend, and then Ibiza in the summer. She won't be getting vaccinated anytime soon - people will just have to like it or lump it, if we beat the system so be it.

Here is a picture of us up on the glacier, having a lovely Covid free time Smile



Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 21-03-22 17:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DCG wrote:
@millerlin, or should I call you Interpaul?


What is your issue, can people not have a different opinion to you? The 'rules' are broken, tourism is not interested in Covid anymore. Hopefully soon the rest of the EU will follow the UK and remove the need for proof of anything to enter their countries.

The majority of people I know, have had Covid, vaccinated or not.

For the record, one of my mates who was in Eberg with us also got through Basel Airport with a Proof of recovery letter 2 days before us, so it was no accident.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad to see and hear you got away on your holidays with the family @interpaul, my wife and I plus two kids (under 11) are in a similar position all 4 unvaccinated and travelling to france via geneva airport at easter.
we have both got covid recovery certificates.
We had to reschedule our holiday 3 times so everything is looking great for 4th time lucky.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zikomo wrote:
@interpaul, OK so you have found a way to circumvent the rules and are going to risk it.

The Swiss will not check everyone, rather relying on the general honesty of most people and spot checks. The consequences of being caught are quite severe but the chances are probably low.

You are clearly a dishonest person. And logic also defeats you. If you are happy encouraging young adults to not accept the consequences of their decisions that is on you. I am sure all those attributes have taken you far in life.


LOL - what a self righteous pompous tw@t you are.

It was the French who checked by the way, as we landed in Basel Mulhouse. No issues with a proof of recovery letter there, and the Swiss passport control only wanted to see our passports.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
McC4rt4n wrote:
Glad to see and hear you got away on your holidays with the family @interpaul, my wife and I plus two kids (under 11) are in a similar position all 4 unvaccinated and travelling to france via geneva airport at easter.
we have both got covid recovery certificates.
We had to reschedule our holiday 3 times so everything is looking great for 4th time lucky.


Thanks - it was our first family skiing holiday where we had the majority of the family out skiing together. It really was fantastic to ski with my daughter for the first time in 5 years.

You will have a brilliant time, and based on our experiences the Proof of Recovery will work just fine Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes ive had a good look at the Rules and we are entitled to travel with covid recovery certs. you would think by some of the posts no one has bent any rules in their lifetime to suit themselves!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm glad you had a good time and (like everyone else on Snowheads) it's a relief that these rules seem to be winding down. From what I could see people were answering in good faith based on their experiences earlier in the season when rules were much tighter. My trip to Switzerland at half term everyone was masked indoors including on the transfer and documentation was regularly checked. You would have found it a very different experience. My teenage daughter was shouted at by a liftie in a cable car because her (filter) buff was not considered to be properly worn. Things have clearly moved on and it's a good sign for everyone.
An an aside I do wonder why you would post such a huge photo where you are both clearly identifiable when you have been quite rude to people. A lot of skiers read this forum!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jeez, what a depressing read.

Our government has decided that we have to live with Covid and crack on. No masks, no certificates, no green passes and no testing.

Can't believe that some here are still getting their knickers in a twist about the original post. The vaccines DO not prevent and perhaps barely prevent people from catching covid. They do help many from getting seriously ill.

We have to start treating it like flu before society implodes on itself.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
interpaul wrote:
DCG wrote:
@millerlin, or should I call you Interpaul?


What is your issue, can people not have a different opinion to you?


Course they can and I didn't say otherwise. It was just a post based on the fact that millerlin was a new poster and all her 12 posts were on this thread, starting fairly aggressively in your favour. Looked like a sock to me...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DCG wrote:
interpaul wrote:
DCG wrote:
@millerlin, or should I call you Interpaul?


What is your issue, can people not have a different opinion to you?


Course they can and I didn't say otherwise. It was just a post based on the fact that millerlin was a new poster and all her 12 posts were on this thread, starting fairly aggressively in your favour. Looked like a sock to me...


Do you think I had time when I was away skiing to create a new user profile and post supportive messages? This forum was the last thing I was thinking about.

I was just reminded about it when I received a PM from another user asking how we had got on through passport control, as they are also unvaccinated. So I posted an update for those who want to travel with a proof of recovery - there are a lot of forum users in this situation it seems.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skimum1 wrote:
I'm glad you had a good time and (like everyone else on Snowheads) it's a relief that these rules seem to be winding down. From what I could see people were answering in good faith based on their experiences earlier in the season when rules were much tighter. My trip to Switzerland at half term everyone was masked indoors including on the transfer and documentation was regularly checked. You would have found it a very different experience. My teenage daughter was shouted at by a liftie in a cable car because her (filter) buff was not considered to be properly worn. Things have clearly moved on and it's a good sign for everyone.
An an aside I do wonder why you would post such a huge photo where you are both clearly identifiable when you have been quite rude to people. A lot of skiers read this forum!


I would say a lot of users didn't post in good faith, some such as zikomo wanted to force their interpretation of the rules on others and would have been delighted if we were refused entry.

My parenting skills along with character attributes were also questioned - I would say that was 'quite rude' don't you think?

And yes I know at half term things were different, that is why we booked to go in March once the Swiss relaxed their restrictions, it was a smart move by them as I am sure they increased tourist visits significantly.

By the way, I have had quite a few PMs from other forum users asking how we got on - hence the update.

That's all from me, better things to do...
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
interpaul wrote:
@millerlin, Thanks for your support, there really are a lot of boring old covid rule obsessed f@rts that like to spout their covid obsessions on here.

My daughter did indeed join us for our holiday in Switzerland, just got back yesterday Smile

We all flew to Basel Mulhouse which is technically in France (Geneva and train was a plan B for her) as it is the closest airport to Engelberg, where we were skiing.

She got a roof of recovery letter on the Saturday, the day before we flew and the French customs guys were more than happy with that, as long as you have something to show them they could not care less. They didn't even scan my covid passport, just a quick glance and were waved through. We were not asked for a compelling reason to enter France, or to see the Sworn statement. It is a load of bollox.

Once in Switzerland, we did not need masks anywhere, in fact the taxi driver who picked us up laughed and told us you are now in Switzerland and don't need those stupid things here. The Engelberg Titlis Express gondola that takes you from the Talstation, up to mid mountain technically should have had masks being worn, but no one, and I mean not a single person ever had to put a mask on. The swiss are bored with Covid, and so it seems are the French.

When we flew back through Basel airport yesterday, I noticed a lot of people (presumably Swiss) were not wearing masks. So I didn't bother, got through check in, security and customs without a mask, even the flight they were not enforcing mask wearing.

She is off to Madrid next Month to visit her friend, and then Ibiza in the summer. She won't be getting vaccinated anytime soon - people will just have to like it or lump it, if we beat the system so be it.

Here is a picture of us up on the glacier, having a lovely Covid free time Smile



That's awesome, great that she managed to join you Madeye-Smiley . Engelberg looks beautiful, definitely on my to-ski list. Also is that an airbag? How was the off-piste?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
interpaul wrote:
zikomo wrote:
@interpaul, OK so you have found a way to circumvent the rules and are going to risk it.

The Swiss will not check everyone, rather relying on the general honesty of most people and spot checks. The consequences of being caught are quite severe but the chances are probably low.

You are clearly a dishonest person. And logic also defeats you. If you are happy encouraging young adults to not accept the consequences of their decisions that is on you. I am sure all those attributes have taken you far in life.


LOL - what a self righteous pompous tw@t you are.


Laughing

glad you enjoyed your holiday … time for us all to move on and live our lives.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@interpaul, stick around...I like you Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
millerlin wrote:
interpaul wrote:
@millerlin, Thanks for your support, there really are a lot of boring old covid rule obsessed f@rts that like to spout their covid obsessions on here.

My daughter did indeed join us for our holiday in Switzerland, just got back yesterday Smile

We all flew to Basel Mulhouse which is technically in France (Geneva and train was a plan B for her) as it is the closest airport to Engelberg, where we were skiing.

She got a roof of recovery letter on the Saturday, the day before we flew and the French customs guys were more than happy with that, as long as you have something to show them they could not care less. They didn't even scan my covid passport, just a quick glance and were waved through. We were not asked for a compelling reason to enter France, or to see the Sworn statement. It is a load of bollox.

Once in Switzerland, we did not need masks anywhere, in fact the taxi driver who picked us up laughed and told us you are now in Switzerland and don't need those stupid things here. The Engelberg Titlis Express gondola that takes you from the Talstation, up to mid mountain technically should have had masks being worn, but no one, and I mean not a single person ever had to put a mask on. The swiss are bored with Covid, and so it seems are the French.

When we flew back through Basel airport yesterday, I noticed a lot of people (presumably Swiss) were not wearing masks. So I didn't bother, got through check in, security and customs without a mask, even the flight they were not enforcing mask wearing.

She is off to Madrid next Month to visit her friend, and then Ibiza in the summer. She won't be getting vaccinated anytime soon - people will just have to like it or lump it, if we beat the system so be it.

Here is a picture of us up on the glacier, having a lovely Covid free time Smile



That's awesome, great that she managed to join you Madeye-Smiley . Engelberg looks beautiful, definitely on my to-ski list. Also is that an airbag? How was the off-piste?


Thanks - yes Eberg is beautiful, a lot busier than when I started skiing there 20 years ago though!

Yes, it is an Airbag. I just upgraded from a BCA Float 32 with canisters as flying with them is a pain, I had to discharge the canister in Basel Airport last time I flew through there before C19. I now have the Scott E1 Electric super capacitor airbag, much, much lighter and no issues in airport Smile

I skied some of the off piste classics, Steinberg, Steintal and Gross and Klein Sulz. The Snow up high was decent but pretty wet lower down. Still good though and my first time there in 2 years. Did a small Ski tour as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@interpaul, Interesting thread-I like your style. Strong and punchy, and like you, I've had enough of all the Covid cr@p. If you can't crack on with normal life after a programme of triple vaccinations, then when can you. I think many on this forum lobbing grenades at you are either at the older end of the spectrum (so still want/expect others to go through restrictions for their benefit) or have not personally been hit too hard economically, educationally or socially by the last two years. Your daughter was never at significant risk personally from Covid, and after infection, had exactly the same protection (probably better) than anyone who has had a vaccination. And the impact on transmission-limited-does not justify treating people like her like lepers.
Those at heightened risk will always be at risk, and have always been at risk from every other circulating virus doing the rounds. I get the initial reasons for lockdowns etc (Covid is not the flu), but with vaccination, Covid now has the same impact as the flu (in fact, flu is more dangerous for anyone under 40) so time to treat it in the same way.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowhound, @interpaul, +1!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
-1 'crack on with normal life' This is normal life. Deal with it. Covid is now endemic and as expected, infections are rising and with them hospital admissions. There's already suggestions that some school areas will having to shut down because too many pupils and teachers are absent due to covid illness. It's a more serious disease than 'flu but that's not to say 'flu isn't a threat either. We are also seeing the slow but steady rise of antibiotic-resistant common bacterial infections. Plus the usual threats of deadly but low transmissibility diseases like Ebola. No one is suggesting that we should live in fear but neither is there merit in pretending that we'll ever get 'back to normal' - there never was a 'normal', it's just that in the UK, we sidestepped previous epidemics like Ebola and SARS. Wearing masks and rigorous washing has halved the usual seasonal rate of stomach illnesses and absences, which is good for general health and the economy. Covid has taught us an expensive lesson: that the developed world isn't immune to epidemics, but with prompt countermeasures and decisive action, we can moderate the fallout. And that globally, there never was a Golden Age of 'normal' in terms of diseases, to which we can now somehow return.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One thing which has changed is the comfortable perception that we in "rich countries" are somehow insulated from global problems of ill-health. Antibiotic resistance can make the simplest operations and injuries fraught with problems. Malaria might come closer with global warming (it was once endemic in parts of England) and Covid isn't finished with us yet.

If it makes us all more aware that we're going to die someday, that's probably not such a bad thing. The morbid "fear of death" which many people experienced during the worst of the Covid pandemic was probably worse than the real thing. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
zikomo... sucking the fun out of life since 1991
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow Hound wrote:
zikomo... sucking the fun out of life since 1991


Mature as always. Not sure what your particular beef is, and not sure I care tbh.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LaForet, I think everyone's definition of 'normal' is different. As long as yours does not interfere with mine, then we can all get on with whatever risks we are prepared to take.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowhound But the rub is in the definition of 'interfere' and it's application. The state 'interferes' with my right to drive above a certain speed on public roads. And 'interferes' with the right of under-18s to be served alcohol in pubs. And 'interferes' with my right to keep all the money that I earn. It 'interferes' with the right of parents to only use homeopathic treatments for their children's diseases. One person's interference is another's sensible measure, based on individual or the general good. I certainly have come across some people who seem to interpret Covid guidance arbitrarily and who I suspect enjoy the sudden authority they've been given. But for the most part, officials I've encountered are being constructive, and as keen to move on as everyone else.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think the OP's point (somewhat lost now) is that EJ are inconsistent when it comes to deciding who can fly and who can't.
Mrs WoC got stranded in UK when EJ failed to apply some updated legislation correctly and refused her boarding.
So the OP is understandably frustrated.
FWIW I always use BA or Swiss to LHR / LCY, and if I ever felt the urge to travel to one of the regions, I'd still fly to LHR and the take the train.
In fact I'd rather fly to LHR and walk naked the wrong way down the the M4 carrying my suitcase, then trust EJ to convey me and my luggage to Bristol in a civilised fashion.
Bristol Airport being only marginally closer to the Centre of Bristol than Heathrow, you'd still need a bus / train anyhow.

TBF I'm sure people have had issues with BA, but from my experiences, they have always been fair, helpful, easy to deal with and treat you with respect rather than like cattle.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

from my experiences, they have always been fair, helpful, easy to deal with and treat you with respect rather than like cattle.

From my experience, same can be said of easyJet - but perhaps I've been lucky.

Quote:

Bristol Airport being only marginally closer to the Centre of Bristol than Heathrow

Laughing Exaggeration for comic effect. Bristol Airport is 8 miles from the centre of Bristol. £8 on a bus?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:


From my experience, same can be said of easyJet - but perhaps I've been lucky.

Same here , I've flown to and from Bristol with EJ a fair bit as my Mum lived there.
Never had any probs. Personally I've had far more hassles with LHR and BA, including losing my luggage on my honeymoon , admittedly rather a long time ago but not an isolated incident.
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@pam w, @T Bar, Maybe we've been lucky with BA Smile
But definitely "Unlucky" with EJ, 4 hour delays, flight cancellations, refused boarding, baggage issues, unresponsive customer service, rude ground crew ...

Some years ago ...
We got married just north of Bristol, and one of our friends flew from Milan to Bristol airport.
It took him well over an hour to get from the airport to the wedding in a taxi through the traffic.
That evening us newlyweds had a limo down to Heathrow as we had a honeymoon flight the next morning, the limo driver must have had another job to get to, and he sacred us witless (100 mph etc.....), but dropped us off at the Sheraton Skyline in 1 hour and a half.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I fly with easyJet in and out of Bristol a few times a year and had a few issues but nothing like as bad as other airlines.

The airport is like half an hour on the bus to the centre, sure it is slow on a bank holiday weekend but isn't everywhere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
interpaul wrote:
@millerlin, Thanks for your support, there really are a lot of boring old covid rule obsessed f@rts that like to spout their covid obsessions on here.

My daughter did indeed join us for our holiday in Switzerland, just got back yesterday Smile

We all flew to Basel Mulhouse which is technically in France (Geneva and train was a plan B for her) as it is the closest airport to Engelberg, where we were skiing.

She got a roof of recovery letter on the Saturday, the day before we flew and the French customs guys were more than happy with that, as long as you have something to show them they could not care less. They didn't even scan my covid passport, just a quick glance and were waved through. We were not asked for a compelling reason to enter France, or to see the Sworn statement. It is a load of bollox.

Once in Switzerland, we did not need masks anywhere, in fact the taxi driver who picked us up laughed and told us you are now in Switzerland and don't need those stupid things here. The Engelberg Titlis Express gondola that takes you from the Talstation, up to mid mountain technically should have had masks being worn, but no one, and I mean not a single person ever had to put a mask on. The swiss are bored with Covid, and so it seems are the French.

When we flew back through Basel airport yesterday, I noticed a lot of people (presumably Swiss) were not wearing masks. So I didn't bother, got through check in, security and customs without a mask, even the flight they were not enforcing mask wearing.

She is off to Madrid next Month to visit her friend, and then Ibiza in the summer. She won't be getting vaccinated anytime soon - people will just have to like it or lump it, if we beat the system so be it.

Here is a picture of us up on the glacier, having a lovely Covid free time Smile



Thanks, this really cheered me up. I had so much fun in Engelberg in Dec 2020, and by that picture you did too. I didn't really believe I'd get there until the plane took off. I remember the liftie on the glacier urging me to pull my buff up for the T-bar...which I almost had to myself.

I decided in Sept that I wouldn't ski this winter, so I've hidden some money away and am going to take my Dad next winter instead.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet from Bristol is my preference, I have flown with them from there dozens of times. Every time that I have had a bad experience has been the consequence of issues with the departure airport elsewhere and missing the Bristol slot ... most comical was the time the Red Arrows were finishing a display at Weston, and due to land at Bristol, our flight was redirected to Cardiff, while sitting on the tarmac in Cardiff, two Welsh people said that they came from Cardiff and it was their right to disembark, together with their hold luggage. A lady from the back of the plane walked down the aisle to them and told them not to be "so F***ing selfish" lake a scene from Airplane, needless to say they remained on the plane back to Bristol.
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy