Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I went skiing and I forgot....what?

Poster: A snowHead
Top of the first lift at the PiPAU bash, last Dec, I realised I'd forgotten...

...How to ski!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tubaski wrote:
Consistenty turn up in Switzerland or Italy with only Euro power adaptors.

Thanks for making me aware of this Shocked It's been years since I've been to Switzerland so I've just ordered some appropriate adaptors!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always think it's quite an easy trip to pack for as you know what you are going to be doing. Imagine getting dressed and what I need and hey presto it all gets put out on the bed/table/floor, surveyed then packed. No idea why anyone would need a list. Unless they are taking food provisions to cook with for a week and want to remember the dried sage for the stuffing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite often swiss hotels are prepared for this and have loan adapters. Well swiss to schuko. You can then chain them together with the schuko to UK adaptor you brought and ignor the fire hazzard you think you created as per the tour operators brochure, safety standards may not be what you are used to in the UK snowHead rolling eyes Shocked Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
adithorp wrote:
Top of the first lift at the PiPAU bash, last Dec, I realised I'd forgotten...

...How to ski!

Laughing
Happens to me on every trip!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
One time we forgot to take the house keys out of the front door before we left. Had to phone sister-in-law to go round and lock up for us. Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ster wrote:
joe1978 wrote:
Not lost but while arriving in Geneva for a big group/family holiday I picked up my friends kids pram to lend a hand. I then found them outside with the kid in the exact same pram and had to get it back through the other side of security for the rightful owner, ooops.

Joe

There wasn’t a kid in the mistaken pram was there? Extra points if so!

I've only lost others children, I don't have my own, once. It ended happy so we don't talk about it hahaha
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I forgot to tell Mrs. D which week I had booked off at work for skiing. And I got the week wrong. Whoops.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
During a recent trip we decided to spend a day skiing in a neighbouring resort 45mins drive away. Threw skis and everything in the car (or so we thought). Took a while to find a parking space when we got there. Opened the boot of the car to discover that we'd neglected to throw in our ski boots Embarassed Drove back to base and had a lovely afternoon skiing locally instead Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We left a pair of my son's, then about 10, salopettes and only discovered when he was dressing the next morning. Mad rush to ski shop in ADH before lessons started. Towards end of season and all we could find at short notice were a pair at double the price we'd just paid back home.

On a summer holiday i forgot to set the alarm for an early departure. Tunnel booked for about 6:30am, woke up about 5:15 , thought faark, and managed to get 4 of us out of the house and to Eurotunnel in time for our booking. Thankfully we're about 5 minutes away.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Turned up at a race with everything except my boots?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

And, for underwear, underpants (men) knickers (women). No confusion there.

Ah! I take pants to mean underwear for either sex (trying to adopt gender neutral terminology). "Ski pants" to me means the undewear you wear specifically for skiing just as "ski socks" means socks specifically for skiing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Pants = Salopettes to me.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Left my passport in an airbnb on my last day skiing in March 2020. Would never have clocked if the owner hadn't messaged me. Was planning to ski until early afternoon, but by the time I'd schlepped back to my car and driven down the mountain to retrieve said passport, I couldn't be bothered to go back up and just got on the road to my overnight stop in Magnant.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dode wrote:
Ski Pants = Salopettes to me.
Only when they incorporate braces. Little Angel
snow conditions
@johnE,
Quote:

"Ski pants" to me means the undewear you wear specifically for skiing

That's a new one on me.
ski holidays
Latest trip I fitted the adapter nuts for the fancy-pants, snap on snow chains I have a week early, but then the car had needed last minute check/repair on the brakes in england. So so I tool them off. I remembered 3 days into the holiday that if required, the chains in the boot would be of no use whatsoever as the nuts were in my garage at home rolling eyes
Thankfully not an issue in this dry winter we're having.
snow report
Quote:

Quote:

"Ski pants" to me means the undewear you wear specifically for skiing

That's a new one on me.

Don't you mean a "new pair"
snow conditions
Quote:

Only when they incorporate braces.

@Hurtle, I can't remember ever owning a pair that didn't? (might be a feature more predominant in male apparel?)

Back in the day, when virtually everyone wore skin-tight stretchy ski pants (aka race pants, at the time), I seem to remember that salopettes was a term reserved for the baggy, more insulated, trousers.
snow report
Shoes, got all packed & got to my overnight stop at mum's to find the sandals that I was wearing and my ski boots were the only footwear I had rolling eyes
latest report
I forgot gloves on my 1st trip. Was to late to get any when I realised & after the 1st day being on the bunny slope I didnt bother getting any.
It was mid march & not very cold.
ski holidays
This wasn't skiing, but years ago we got to the passport booth at Portsmouth for an overnight ferry to France, and realised that our 4 month old daughter wasn't on anyone's passport. Frantic phone call to my mum, who was an immigration officer at Harwich. She phoned her counterpart at Portsmouth and grovelled, but to no avail - apparently UK Borderforce get a huge fine if they let someone through without the right paperwork and it gets noticed on the other side. We turned round, went home to Guildford, and came back next day with her birth certificate as proof she was our baby - of course this time they didn't bother to look at anything and just waved us straight through!
snow conditions
Footbeds for my boots. I’d split my boots, liners and footbeds after our previous trip and had them all in the airing cupboard. I picked up my boots and liners but completely forgot the footbeds.

We’ve also forgotten the cash we’d exchanged the day before.
snow report
Winter (snow) boots, helmet liner.
snow report
I must have forgotten something some time ...
But I can't remember Sad
snow report
I think I’m with @DrLawn on that. No doubt there has been something fairly trivial on occasions - but I can’t remember a biggy.
However, I have had a few dreams about going away and forgetting something really important - like important equipment (‘no trousers in public’ type scenario), the right venue or right week, or left my boat behind (obviously not a skiing holiday). Oddly, I’m sure I had a dream recently that was very similar to tangowaggon’s wrong footwear incident.
ski holidays
My husband left his new jacket in a hotel between Macon and Lyon on the way to Val Thorens a few years ago at Easter. The owner texted me a few minutes after we left but (unusually) I had put my phone in the boot so didn’t get the message till we arrived in VT. We bought a new jacket and collected the other one on the way home. Shout out to L’Aube du Moulin in Gleize, a very pleasant night stop and helpful owner.
snow report
Forgot my gloves one year, left them on a boot storage carousel in the Swiss hotel, they were still there when we went back a year later!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Recently combined a work trip with some skiing, was so pleased I seemed to have remembered all my work equipment. It was only as I glanced at someone's carry on luggage on the plane that I realised I'd forgotten my helmet. Trip to the sport shop at Zurich airport, now have two helmets and only one head...
latest report
I do remember a bunch of us driving away from our Mark Warner week at the Monte Fort Chalet in Verbier, but forgetting to pick up our passports.
From the reception.

Luckily we were all working in Germany and just drove through the border without incident.
The passports arrived by post a couple of days later.
snow conditions
Remembered how to ski quite quickly last month but forgot how to speak French!
latest report
I was going between northern and southern hemispheres. Stopped off in Bali for 'a couple of weeks', had 7 pairs of demo skis with me. Managed to persuade the hotel to look after them when i first arrived , moved around a bit and promptly forgot about them, was standing at the airport and looked at my booking with 2 ski bags on it about to check in and thought shiiiuuuugar. Quickly managed to taxi to hotel and back to airport in time. Ooops.
snow report
Many years ago I dug out the passports the night before our ski flights and realised with horror that both children's passports had just expired - resulting in a rapid change of flights to a couple of days later and a drive up to the Liverpool passport office ... Embarassed
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
"Ski pants" to me means the undewear you wear specifically for skiing just as "ski socks" means socks specifically for skiing

Is that because they are particularly "lucky"? Or is it because they have a reinforced gusset to support you over the moguls?
ski holidays
I once forgot to switch off the "Shuffle" feature on my iPod.

This may not sound like a big deal to you... but I drive through the night to get to the Alps, and to keep me awake I listen to audio books. Have you ever listened to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone with all the chapters in the wrong order???? It certainly kept me awake.. more out of frustration and a sense of bewilderment than anything else. Because the rest of the family were asleep in the car, I couldn't turn the interior light on to see how to switch off the shuffle feature.
latest report
@jamescollings, Laughing
latest report
^^ winner so far! ^^
ski holidays
Obviously not bad enough an experience to pull over to sort it?!?
snow report
I once got onto a drag lift having forgotten to put my skis on. The liftie laughed a lot and I felt a complete fool.
latest report
Not enough drawers i.e. pants thanks fully easily rectified by a visit to the Spar which is surprisingly well stocked with such items

Apres ski boots, again just bought some cheap ones whilst there.
Thankfully have never forgotten something which I’ve had to pay through the nose for.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy