Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I went skiing and I forgot....what?

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Norway shortly for the first skiing trip in a while, and I'm trying to remember what I need for a skiing holiday. Anyone forgotten anything (important or otherwise) on their recent trips?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dobby, took anew charger cable for phone and iPad last month, unfortunately it was a micro usb one and totally useless, thankfully the lovely lady in the hotel bought a euro micro charger for me, but wouldn’t take any money as she said she would keep it for others, a glass of Prosecco was the least I could buy in return.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had to go back to pick up my ski jacket before now which I was planning to wear on the plane to save weight for my luggage!! Thankfully, I hadn't travelled too far down the road before having to turn round..... Embarassed
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The pre loaded lift passes always gets a triple check to make sure we have them
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jaolchhu4 wrote:
I've had to go back to pick up my ski jacket before now which I was planning to wear on the plane to save weight for my luggage!! Thankfully, I hadn't travelled too far down the road before having to turn round..... Embarassed

I did exactly that many years on a driving down holiday. Had gone a junction down the M1 when I remembered.

Now I have a list and am obsessive with checking it! I'll let you know what I forget when we arrive on Saturday!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We once travelled to our apartment in Val Thorens and were taxiing on the runway when I asked Mrs B if she had the apartment keys, as I didn't...

Suffice to say we had to have the lock changed on arrival Eh oh! . Lesson learned. Now we accept joint responsiblity for each taking a set of keys wink .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not on a recent trip, but forgot a new pair of salopettes once as was so used to taking the old pair.

Now we have a massive check list individualised to all travellers. It just seems to get longer as when we think of things that would be “useful” to have just in case.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Didn't pack any undercrackers. Only realised when I was unpacking at the apartment in Chamonix.

One of my mates left his passport in our Verbier apartment. He only realised when he tried to check in at GVA for the flight home.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mrs B has forgotten underwear before, thankfully an easy trip down supermarket to resolve.

Our checklist is basically passports, money, and contact lenses. Anything else can be sorted - albeit at a cost.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have the welcome and acknowledged privilege of keeping all our gear on a shack on the side of an Alp.

We can travel light. Everything we need for sliding and climbing is over there. And I mean everything.

So....one trip we were just descending the hill into Dover and my partner said ‘...have we got any coats with us?...’. And the answer was ‘er....No...ooops’.

Good job we didn’t have a flat on the car...minus 5 going over the Jura....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At my age a checklist is definitely essential, especially with all the travel requirements that seem to be needed in the Covid era.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I once forgot to pick up my wallet before leaving the house and only realised when I got to Dover. So arrived in France with no Euros and no cards. Financed the trip using my gf's very low limit credit card and lots of online transfers to pay it off.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just arrived in resort and realise I forgot to pack any adapter plugs. We only have a bag of about 20 at home from all the other times we have forgotten these.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
endoman wrote:
Jaolchhu4 wrote:

I did exactly that many years on a driving down holiday. Had gone a junction down the M1 when I remembered.

I can do better than that. Got all the way to just south of Reims when my brother in law rang to say I'd left my jacket in their house in Barnet. No we didn't go back for it. Bought a new one in Decathlon in Chambery. The bigger problem was that I'd put both my Hip flasks in the pockets of the jacket I'd left in north London.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I spent ages looking for my reading glasses, when I gave up on them Mrs H asked why I was driving with them on the top of my head. Embarassed
latest report
I was forgot contact lenses. Skiing in standard glasses, under goggles. Not recommended.
snow report
PMT - passport, money, tickets. I used to think this covered the essentials. Until one trip when I arrived at a ferry port for a 17:30 ferry. Which was in fact a 15:30 ferry. So now it's PMTT - passport, money, tickets, time.
latest report
I am a retard. I not only make lists, I make lists of lists. I never forget anything....... Except that is not true. I too had to buy a weeks worth of Kelly's at Manchester airport because I had none. Embarassed
snow conditions
Consistenty turn up in Switzerland or Italy with only Euro power adaptors.
ski holidays
thecramps wrote:
I am a retard. I not only make lists, I make lists of lists. I never forget anything....... Except that is not true. I too had to buy a weeks worth of Kelly's at Manchester airport because I had none. Embarassed

What are "Kelly's"? Some sort of nothern rhyming slang for something?
snow report
Forgot my Revolut card one year. Most of our money was on it. Remembered 40 mins into the journey. Luckily left some contingency but only just made it.

On another trip completely didn’t clock we were going to Gatwick at rush hour on a Friday. Fair to say that we did a lot of begging and running when we got to the airport and our bags didn’t make the flight Confused
latest report
@Tubaski, you need multi region adapters - unearthed euro plugs works in CH and Italy ...
latest report
kevinrhead wrote:
Just arrived in resort and realise I forgot to pack any adapter plugs. We only have a bag of about 20 at home from all the other times we have forgotten these.

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
ster wrote:
thecramps wrote:

+1 I'm stumped as well Puzzled
snow report
Bergmeister wrote:
ster wrote:
thecramps wrote:

+1 I'm stumped as well Puzzled

+2.
snow report
Last time I went to VT I forgot to put the bindings for my snowboard in the car so had to hire some god awful things out of the ark for the week.
ski holidays
Not sure if this is what he means but Kellys make crisps etc

https://www.piccantino.co.uk/kellys
ski holidays
DB wrote:
Not sure if this is what he means but Kellys make crisps etc

https://www.piccantino.co.uk/kellys

And quite acceptable they are. Immer billiger at Gold Spar, currently… Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Immer billiger ist wunderbar. Cool
snow report
Was deciding which pair of salopettes to take and on arrival discovered I had neither - now have three pairs of salopettes!
snow conditions
@welshskier, only three? Are you a Snowhead or not?….
ski holidays
Not forgetting, but brother in law on a trip to zell a few years complained over breakfast on the final morning that the Ryanair app wouldn't let him check in for the return flight, ours was fine. He checked again and realised that when he booked he clicked the wrong month so wasn't due to fly back for another 4 weeks or so. Luckily the father in law had driven so he got a lift with them. Annoyingly even though they drove they got back home only about an hour and a half after us. (No delays on our flights home btw).
ski holidays
Sorry. Kellys = underpants. I have never forgotten my kesters* though.

*trousers
ski holidays
One of my kids forgot her pants when I dropped her off to do a week long instructor course. I was going to head up the hill for the day, was therefore wearing pants, did the right thing and loaned them to her along with a belt, with an assurance that I would get someone to drop her pants up to her the next day.

Drove home in my undies. Got pulled over for speeding on the way home, out of the car, middle of winter, middle aged bloke with full moose knuckle at the side of the road trying to explain that to a couple of country cops.
snow conditions
Over seperate trips I have....
Left my ski jacket on my mates stair bannister and didn't realise until after security at edinburgh airport (i live in newcastle).
Packed a full bag with no base layers but 3 jackets!?
On a 4 day boys trip to Saalbach misplaced the return train tickets for all 8 of us, probably while drinking on the train trip out but didn't realise until hungover at 8am sunday morning on the return day.
Our group has lost countless lift passes in Apres Bars ALWAY TAKE A PHOTO OF THE PASS!
A friend forgot to pack the top part of his Flow bindings and had to hire a set in resort.

Not lost but while arriving in Geneva for a big group/family holiday I picked up my friends kids pram to lend a hand. I then found them outside with the kid in the exact same pram and had to get it back through the other side of security for the rightful owner, ooops.

Joe
ski holidays
hang11 wrote:
One of my kids forgot her pants when I dropped her off to do a week long instructor course. I was going to head up the hill for the day, was therefore wearing pants, did the right thing and loaned them to her along with a belt, with an assurance that I would get someone to drop her pants up to her the next day.

Drove home in my undies. Got pulled over for speeding on the way home, out of the car, middle of winter, middle aged bloke with full moose knuckle at the side of the road trying to explain that to a couple of country cops.

"Pants" tend to have a specific meaning on a UK forum, different to the sense you have used it, as only discovered by reading on as in the first para it all sounds rather bizarre.
snow report
Haha. Waterproof trousers ??
latest report
@ster, it's a minefield! I use the words ski pants or exercise pants, otherwise jeans or trousers. And, for underwear, underpants (men) knickers (women). No confusion there. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@joe1978, …ah…passes. We have two different annual passes…and many, many jackets in which the passes live. Fortunately, we have a standard question when we all get settled in the car: ‘…have you got your passes?…’. Quick rummage and pocket check by all. Surprising how often someone says ‘…sh+t….no….’ And have to hoof it back up to the shack to find the right pass in the jacket they wore yesterday in the deep cold and swapped out this morning….
ski holidays
joe1978 wrote:
Not lost but while arriving in Geneva for a big group/family holiday I picked up my friends kids pram to lend a hand. I then found them outside with the kid in the exact same pram and had to get it back through the other side of security for the rightful owner, ooops.

Joe

There wasn’t a kid in the mistaken pram was there? Extra points if so!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy