Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My thoughts on UCPA off piste course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@bartoon, regular ski clothing will be sufficient - waterproof saloppettes and jacket (as you may end up covered in snow), and make sure your jacket has a powder skirt that is done up, to stop snow getting up the inside of your jacket
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andre’s story reminds me of my infamous episode at Tignes, early 90s, when I’d paid for a week of group inter lessons. It was the old ESF “sorry not enough of you to run a group lesson today, please join the advanced class”. Who took us way off a lift, walking 20mins round the side of the hill to a place we all had to jump off. No training, no going back. Was shaking so much with nerves I later vomited. They just shrugged. Swore I’d never give them a penny again, and haven’t.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Orange200 wrote:
Andre’s story reminds me of my infamous episode at Tignes, early 90s, when I’d paid for a week of group inter lessons. It was the old ESF “sorry not enough of you to run a group lesson today, please join the advanced class”. Who took us way off a lift, walking 20mins round the side of the hill to a place we all had to jump off. No training, no going back. Was shaking so much with nerves I later vomited. They just shrugged. Swore I’d never give them a penny again, and haven’t.

Another ESF story. In Val Thorens Xmas 2000 I paid for a week of group lessons. My group was about 12 strong, multiple nationalities including Russians, it was obvious within minutes that we ranged from very nervous beginners to competent red run skiers. Just 30 minutes in one of the nervous skiers on a churned up steep blue got badly hurt, the lesson was abandoned. I never went back.

Organised larceny and bloody dangerous. Lesson learned, ESF have never had a cent out of us since.

Years later we got to know the resort director and other locals in another resort, they privately said avoid ESF like the plague. Thankfully there was an amazing English speaking alternative (French nationals) that shaped our kids into good skiers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy