Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel Test Upload issue - 12-15 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked on tunnel departing tomorrow night.

Did all our tests earlier this evening. Mine and my wife's uploaded and verified immediately. The 11 year old doesn't need one, fine. The 14 year old's test uploaded but has not passed verification and is sat waiting "manual inspection" which the Eurotunnel website helpfully indicates is up to 48 hours - given it's the Half term exodus I don't hold out much hope time wise. The details are all correct and its in the same format the certificates for my wife and I. The issue I think is because he is not yet fully vaxxed it is treating him like an unvaxxed adult and therefore expecting a test in under 24 hours instead of 48.

However French rules are clear that "The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors (under 1Cool, whether or not they are vaccinated."
(Both on the Amba France Consultate website and the French Ministry of the Interior site). The measures for a vaccinated adult is a test 48 hours before departure.

So now the thing is stuck, and won't verify. Did anyone who travelled today with kids have this ?

Am I going to have hassle at checking of now having to go the unverified queue or some other somesuch ? Very frustrating when their system doesn't follow the rules - I realise the rules keep changing but they have updated the health declaration system since the intro of the 48 hour test so you would think they could have got this right.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Needless to say their phone lines are closed, including the flexiplus. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gazzza, I got the impression that people were working behind the scenes doing what they should be doing. We were sat in my van at 2am just south of Paris about 2 weeks ago uploading QR codes into the Eurotunnel PLF system for a crossing I'd booked about 1/2 hour earlier. Mine scanned fine, but hers didn't pass and reported requiring manual checking. By the time we got to Calais, I'd received an email saying we were good to go, and hopped on a crossing 3 hours sooner than I'd booked (and with just 4 other vehicles on board).

That said, I'm flying to Austria on Saturday, and I'm liking not having to test.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try removing the document and uploading it again.

My husband had his vaccine pass needing manual verification for 4 days! I told him to remove and upload again today and it passed immediately.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had tried that but tried it again on the off chance but no avail alas.

I think possibly there systems just not correctly updated to reflect the correct rules for accompanying minors.

Thanks
@moffatross, that's a bit of comfort at least - that said tomorrow is a mega busy day so expect they will be swamped.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK problem resolved. We had a day 2 lat flow in the house, bought and paid for for a previous trip that never got used. Re-tested him on that and just got the negative results certificate, uploaded that to Eurotunnel and it has now validated (assumedly because we are now in 24 hours). Annoying though that Eurotunnel systems had it wrong, but happy nontheless that we are now all verified.

Fingers crossed for a good journey tommorow/Sunday. Bon voyage to anyone else on the way out.

Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy