Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

National Snow Show NEC Birm 15 16 Oct 2022 - free tickets!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Whitters,at the moment the Liz line doesn’t run from Paddington to Abbey Wood on a Sunday.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but I think that changes from next month
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've heard it's free entry if you sing Gloria in Excel-sis as approaching the main entrance.
Mike Pow wrote:
Excel-ent
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wiigman wrote:
I've heard it's free entry if you sing Gloria in Excel-sis as approaching the main entrance.
Mike Pow wrote:
Excel-ent

Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Whitters, remember when they said the line would be ready in 2018?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitters wrote:
Yes, but I think that changes from next month

Timetable here: https://content.tfl.gov.uk/elizabeth-line-november-2022.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@DJL, thanks, that's useful as I'll be travelling Heathrow to Abbey Wood (and back a couple of days later) in a few weeks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Whitters, its a good service for Heathrow, I used it last week, though at the moment you have to walk from one side of Paddington to the other. From 6 Nov it will be straight though, barely any slower than changing for the Heathrow Express and will save over £20.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can’t see the Heathrow Express being around too much longer, except if they market it hard to poor unsuspecting tourists.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 21-10-22 13:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ster wrote:
I can’t see the Heathrow Express being around too much longer, except if they market it hard to poor suspecting tourists.

Agree - it’s harder to see the benefits, and they will likely be starting to feel the Pain. But they do sell hard in the airport to tourists.

Though:

HEX have improved their pricing, offer very cheap advance tickets, can use a rail card- cheaper than Crossrail actually which have hiked prices
HEX has a higher frequency
Faster time into London and for passengers that jump into cabs they aren’t price sensitive
Business first travellers get free Heathrow fast track security
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes the Elizabeth line is pricey at at £11.50 (more than I thought it would be, but comparable to the old tfl overground route) so the advance Heathrow Express fare at £5.50 looks good but you need to buy it 90 days in advance and Fixed Date Single Advance tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. This includes even during COVID-19 lockdown or quarantine scenarios.

Funny is that the tfl journey planner’s default selections (fastest by public transport) make Heathrow Express the only rail journey to/from Paddington that comes up when you ask it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy