Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@pam w, We use Gatwick (self drop off) 5 or 6 times a year and always had a good experience there. EJ staff keep the queues for bag drop off moving, and always plenty of staff and machines open at security. Usually we are through everything in half an hour.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just a heads-up: Flights to/from GVA are unusually busy and expensive Thursday 1 to Monday 5 February 2024. e.g. easyJet

1.2.24 - 08:10 LGW>GVA = £229
4.2.24 - 14:35 GVA>LGW = £204

I assume there's something on locally like a motor show or NGO/governmental thing etc. Somone on another thread suggested it may be the fall-out from easyJet amalgamating 2-3 under-booked flights into one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I like going to people as it sidesteps stuff going wrong and depending on when and where, can be easier and quicker
We intended to use the self service at Heathrow for our summer hols and as soon as we walked towards them, someone came to help us with the system. Result
The first machine stopped working after my wife had been all but checked in
The next was slow so our helper moved on
The next did work so they checked us both in and then the printer stopped so we didnt have a boarding pass for one of us but at least we had checked in
It was about 20 mins
We went to bag drop where the guy was waiting for someone to turn up
At this point we only had one boarding pass so the guy there scrapped our check in and did it all again inc new boarding passes for us both with the right bag tags as we changed flights in Dubai
5 mins

Still quick at 25 mins though
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ipken wrote:
I like going to people as it sidesteps stuff going wrong and depending on when and where, can be easier and quicker
We intended to use the self service at Heathrow for our summer hols and as soon as we walked towards them, someone came to help us with the system. Result
The first machine stopped working after my wife had been all but checked in
The next was slow so our helper moved on
The next did work so they checked us both in and then the printer stopped so we didnt have a boarding pass for one of us but at least we had checked in
It was about 20 mins
We went to bag drop where the guy was waiting for someone to turn up
At this point we only had one boarding pass so the guy there scrapped our check in and did it all again inc new boarding passes for us both with the right bag tags as we changed flights in Dubai
5 mins

Still quick at 25 mins though

I guess it's different strokes for different folks - and that's why I hope they keep the two options so that people can choose. Personally I love the easy jet self serve machines at Gatwick, we're in and out in a few minutes and to me they are simple and easy to use. I guess at the end of the day it's just people using same tech i.e. a employed person at a desk using tech, or you self serving on the same tech. And if you're comfortable with technology then the reduced queues are a winner for me.

The one pain as you mention is when something goes wrong with the process, the person at the desk can generally try to fix it straight away, whereas as you may have to wait if the person covering self-serve is helping elsewhere (but I've seen printer issues in both scenarios).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy