Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying to Basel for Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Flights booked for the end of next week to Basel and taking the train to Lauterbrunnen Very Happy Just been pinged by NHS test and trace Shocked Basel is administered by France and EasyJet require the French sworn statement stating I have not been in contact with anyone for 14 days Sad Am I bu&&reed? Note I could swap for less convenient flights to Zurich.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The French check on arrival at Basel but they wave you straight through if you can demonstrate you are going straight to Switzerland, e.g. with proof of accommodation. The problem will be EasyJet letting you on the plane. Not sure how you can get around that if that‘s their rules.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flew to Basel from Bristol this morning. Easy jet staff asked if we were going to France or Switzerland. For Switzerland they asked to see vaccine QR code and Swiss passenger locator QR code. Not test or declaration for France contrary to the EasyJet website rolling eyes in Basel we were asked for vaccine and QR code again and took the Swiss exit. I know some people are having trouble getting the Swiss code - we used an iPad and it worked fine. Hope this helps as flights to Basel were £19 and about £300 to Zurich Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BertieG great intel thanks. Somewhat academic now in any case now that the French have scrapped testing requirements too. What a bummer though that you had to go through the testing rigmarole and expense unnecessarily. Agree re BSL...provides just as easy access to many of the Swiss resorts as GVA/ZRH but is not perceived in the same way as a skiing airport. Long may that last!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Also worth knowing it take just over an hour from landing to the station on bus 50. Pre book railway and bus ticket to save faffing and time. But quelle horreur ! Skullie The train was 16 minutes late departing Skullie
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hd wrote:
Agree re BSL...provides just as easy access to many of the Swiss resorts as GVA/ZRH but is not perceived in the same way as a skiing airport. Long may that last!

For anyone going to the Jungfrau region there are direct trains from Basel train station to Interlaken Ost (actually they are German DB trains that start in Northern Germany and run all the way to Interlaken Ost). Very convenient.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bump
Updates from anyone flying to BSL within the next 24hrs en route to CH with regards to what paperwork is or is not being checked following the recent rule changes gratefully received.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hd,

If you are fully vacced, you no longer need anything else to enter CH (no direct experience..)

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home website has been updated to reflect latest changes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob thanks yes fully aware of CH entry requirements or lack thereof but reading this thread from the top will enlighten as to why there is ongoing ambiguity regarding arrivals into BSL rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BertieG, any faff with the buses to train station? Are they frequent? Used to Geneva and a simple escalator or lift down, but Basel would indeed be a decent alternative perhaps.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BertieG, is that the one coming from Paris? Its ALWAYS late.

@twoodwar, very frequent and very easy. Basel is a tiny airport so you walk out the front door and the buses are ahead of you.

We use Basel airport alot - flights are dirt cheap as is parking and its an hour in the car as opposed to 40mins on the train to Zurich. Also the lounge is HUGE and relatively child friendly.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@hd, Ahh --
French requirements have changed to Proof of VAC and the Sworn statement (some carriers may not have caught up with the latest changes tho'..)

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@albob thanks for your help and yep fully aware of that too. The purpose of this thread though is to shed light on what forms are actually checked at the airport due to the nuanced geopolitical situation in which BSL finds itself, and it's only really of any use if those with direct recent experience of travelling through contribute.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Nadenoodlee, cheers, I have landed at Basel once on a flight to Geneva! EasyJet, and heavy snow had closed Geneva, - a very rare occurrence.
snow conditions
Basel is always treated by uk as a french airport following french rules
snow conditions
Dd4 wrote:

That would be because it is in France!
ski holidays
DJL wrote:
Dd4 wrote:

That would be because it is in France!

Basel city itself is in Switzerland. The airport is jointly administered by Switzerland and France. It has a Swiss airport code as well as a separate france airport code. It has a Swiss sector and a french sector allowing procedures for both.
ski holidays
@Dd4, yes but the airport is in France. Not like GVA when it sits on the border. The airport follows French entry protocols for covid. Who knows why but it does.
ski holidays
BSL update. Diverted into the French queue on arrival today where only vaccine status was checked. 15mins from touchdown to the bus. Nice.
snow report
I am a regular user of Basel airport, have friends who have flown in a few times this year and say that if you are going to Switzerland and have proof of where you are staying the French rules don't apply.

We are flying to Basel on 13 March, transiting directly to Engelberg in Switzerland by Taxi. My Daughter is unvaccinated, she just doesn't want vaxxed and already had covid in 2021.

Looking for anyone who has direct experience of landing in Basel, non vaxxed and transiting to CH without any issues. Think I am more concerned about EJ ground crew in Edinburgh getting the rules wrong and not letting her on the flight. Rest of us are all fully vaxxed so no issues.
snow conditions
Just got back. Easyjet in Manchester insisted with compliance with French rules, even though we explained we were heading to Switzerland. They checked with managers.

This meant a mad dash to get expensive LFTs for my two children before we could check-in as they are only having 2nd jabs this week.

But when we landed they only checked my vaccination status...
ski holidays
My Daughter is 21, she would get an LFT 24 hours before departure. Will that be enough to keep the ground crew happy, you are supposed to have a compelling reason to enter France if unvaccinated as well.

Might be safer to fly to Geneva and take the train. I am sick of all these rules, our whole family has had Covid at some point since this all started.
latest report
Nobody at LGW checked vaccination status prior to EZY boarding for BSL on 18 Feb.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy