Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaccine pass and the booster

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to Tignes on the 26th Feb, and have been looking into the COVID requirements on behalf of my group.

I just wanted to check with you guys and how you interpret the booster rule:

From what I can see, up until the 15th Feb your booster needs to have been administered within 7months of your 2nd dose. And if travelling after the 15th it needs to have been administered within three months?

If this is correct then I don't see how many people will be able to travel - it was nearly impossible for anyone in our age group to get the booster within three months of our second dose! I'm fine as I have proof of recovery from December but there are a few in the group who had their second vaccine in late July early August, and their booster in late December early January.

Am I understanding the situation correctly or have I been misinterpreting the guidance?

Thanks for any help!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thomasski wrote:
Heading out to Tignes on the 26th Feb, and have been looking into the COVID requirements on behalf of my group.

I just wanted to check with you guys and how you interpret the booster rule:

From what I can see, up until the 15th Feb your booster needs to have been administered within 7months of your 2nd dose. And if travelling after the 15th it needs to have been administered within three months?

If this is correct then I don't see how many people will be able to travel - it was nearly impossible for anyone in our age group to get the booster within three months of our second dose! I'm fine as I have proof of recovery from December but there are a few in the group who had their second vaccine in late July early August, and their booster in late December early January.

Am I understanding the situation correctly or have I been misinterpreting the guidance?

Thanks for any help!

I think you're misinterpreting the requirements. My understanding of the rules is that up to 15th Feb over 18s will need to have received their booster if their 2nd vaccine was more than 7 months previous, and that reduces to 4 months from 15th February.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/coronavirus#public-spaces-and-services
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah thank you! I looked at the government website a few days ago and I didn't see this snippet! I read something that used a lot more ambiguous language and it panicked me! Feel like this was a stupid question now!

Thanks again!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2nd vaccine validity drops from 7 months to 4.
So if you had a 2nd vaccine before 15th October, you will need a booster.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For additional clarity, this applies to anyone aged over 18 years and 1 month (relevant to me as my daughter will be 18 and 10 days when we go!). Those aged 16-18y 1 month just need the two vaccinations.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy