Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Factor Braehead goes into administration

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
AL9000 wrote:
skison wrote:
Administration has turned to liquidation…... Who knows what will happen next? Perhaps an established operator with experience of the business will step in and save the facility and jobs.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05138159/filing-history

Enter Snowheads! Blush
Yeah but probably not many, if we're realistic.

Some years back, after a bit of a fuss about us not doing stuff North of the border, I did at ski test there. We had a grand total of 9 participants Shocked (the smallest snowHeads event ever)
The overall cost to me was about £33 per head. So any idea of making it a regular event went straight in the liquidationiser.

Haggis_Trap wrote:
Hmmm... That is a shame. Though as a keen skier living in Scotland I have only skied there 5 or 6 times since it opened.

Where has it gone wrong?
For a hint, see your previous line.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

We had a grand total of 9 participants (the smallest snowHeads event ever)

We're a fickle lot in the land of kilt and haggis. But we do have the best ski area in the world (and yes, I will defend that remark) plus sH's favourite Grandma Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin wrote:
For a hint, see your previous line.

For sure. Went to snow dome in summer with both kids. Not much change from £100 for 2x hours. For similar money I can get a kids season pass for Glencoe or multiple sessions on dry slope.

Having said that I reckon braehead will eventy re-open. Current management were incompetent @rseholes by all accounts (see previous page). Apparently original business case was based on the slope being loss leader for the retail. Then Intu sold off the loss making part....

Rumour is they have a buyer but liquidators need to resolve mess over the current lease first. So hopefully it is not shut for good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I must admit that I have always had a problem with a pricing structure that charges me for ski and boot hire when I bring my own kit Evil or Very Mad (obviously applies to all fridges) - they would certainly get more money out of me if that was changed.
Having said that I find the snow dome experience a little tedious - good time to work on technique but The Dolomites it is not.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's been poorly run for years and I avoid it as a result. I'm a member at Glasgow Ski Centre and would rather ski on plastic instead of the stuff they call snow. I'm just over £100 a year for unlimited use for my family at GSC but would be lucky to get 2 hours for us at Snozone for the same price.
If the new owners actually run it properly and freshen up the snow regularly I'd happily go for a slide now and again
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@admin, As one of the few (along with my daughter) who attended the ski test that year, Thank you.

Ellis Brigham ran a test weekend the following year, I think, but after that the new owners of the slope whoever they were put a stop to it.
I remember EB were very unhappy at the time that sledging and tubing during October school holidays was more important rolling eyes

Everytime we did a ski test at Braehead it cost us a new pair of skis.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was in snowboard asylum at braehead today and word is a buyer is in the wings and they expect it to reopen, suggestion was that the buyer already ran indoor slopes elsewhere in UK
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@muppet, TSA were running a board test at the slope all day last Saturday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kb36 wrote:
Was in snowboard asylum at braehead today and word is a buyer is in the wings and they expect it to reopen, suggestion was that the buyer already ran indoor slopes elsewhere in UK

Various rumours swirling, though historically snoZone had a right to buy back for a period. However recurring rumour is that the 'buyer' in the wings is Ice Factor and basically the complex owners aren't wearing it.

Could be good potential for Ellis Brigham to do something with one of the Scottish Ski Areas! Very Happy (as long as it's NOT Cairngorm Mountain Limited) Skullie
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Think further south wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
as long as it's NOT Cairngorm Mountain Limited
It would be great to see Cairngorm ran properly - with a focus on snowsports. It could be a winner! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy