Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Fekkin Antigen Test???

Poster: A snowHead
@PaulO78, yeah I've just checked the mails for both orders and there's really nothing different between the codes to differentiate between Fit to Fly and Day 2, I probably just could have put one of the first ones on the form to get back into the UK but oh well, I've already got some flights for March so I'll just use the 2nd one then.

@albob, The codes are in the emails received from Excalibur, check those, hopefully you didn't delete them!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Minion1980, Ahhh -- thanks :: got the emails..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@albob, excellent!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are they all verified via an app/photo? We don’t go until middle of Feb but I’m keen to make sure I get the one that provides an immediate response. Are there any that are better suited for use on the Eurotunnel or are they all the same?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used Randox click n collect home tests.. Result and cert 30 secs after submitting on app
Brilliant
Uploaded to eurotunnel site yest with sworn statement and NHS vaccine cert
Waved through passport control v swiftly... Eurotunnel booking site changed to 'verified' on each doc almost immediately after uploading
After all the pre travel will we won't we... It was completely stress free and efficient
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Julief, Very interested in this.. (Going Saturday). Did the border force here and in France just accept that Eurotunnel did the 'due diligence' for them via what you uploaded?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Absolutely.. It was just like a normal journey
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tbh @Charliegolf the most complicated bit was installing the Randox certifly app on android phone... Easy as pie on hubby's iPhone... But it wasnt at all bad and the instructions are on their Web site... Took me about 10 mins to dicipher for android but then I'm a complete techno phobe! Eh oh!
It's quite clever really tho.. As now I would only use Randox if needed again as app is ready... And they are decent price £17.95,,, some are a bit cheaper but can't be faffed to ever change now!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Julief, Ta for that
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Julief, how do you upload sworn statement to tunnel site got the impression it's a print and complete in ink did you download complete electronically?

How far in advance did you complete sworn statement?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saw some posts about the tests being the same? Has anyone had this with Randox? I ordered pre departure and day 2 and they’ve arrived both identical (outer packaging and box- I haven’t opened them further).

Does it not matter? Can’t see any codes on the outside (serial numbers are the same). I’ve emailed Randox but waiting on a reply.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James77 wrote:
@Julief, how do you upload sworn statement to tunnel site got the impression it's a print and complete in ink did you download complete electronically?

How far in advance did you complete sworn statement?
when we went in Dec, we printed, filled it out then scanned, and uploaded it. I guess you could also take a picture with phone.
We did it the day before we travelled.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Gloggle, Yep, same LFT/antigen tests for departure and day 2.

You should have a ref number somewhere for the day 2 (for the PLF). No code needed for the departure.

My day 2 ref starts 'RNDBR'
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks! I’ll open the boxes and have a look
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@James77 I printed it.. Filled in.. Took photo, then saved as a pdf.. But they will accept pdf or image
latest report
@Gloggle, Doubt it will be in the boxes -- have you looked at your Randox emails?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 15-01-22 19:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
And I just did it day before travel
snow report
Managed to download Randox certify app for Android nothing like the instructions on Randox website though.
snow conditions
Very Happy
snow report
I scanned passport in so it was all ready for when I uploaded test
Good luck
snow conditions
Do Randox lft look for n protein?
ski holidays
@Julief, Did you have any issue getting into France using Randox it's supposed to look for the N Protein assume that's covered?
snow report
Chronomics is good but if conditions change (i.e. need to repurpose fit to fly to day 2) then others such as C19 or excalibur are more flexible. App also has a bug where it times out before you can submit results and need to go into dashboard to submit.
latest report
@James77,
Quote:

how do you upload sworn statement to tunnel site got the impression it's a print and complete in ink did you download complete electronically?

I've got my signature as a digital image so was able to fill in and upload the form electronically. However the original form is in word .docx format which the tunnel website won't accept, so you've got to save it as a PDF before upload - works fine in that format Laughing
snow report
Just a heads up about Chromonics. Overall, it was very good, very quick results BUT check your browser to download the certificate. I found it simply wouldn’t download at all, until I switched to Google Chrome, and relogged in. Basically, for iPad users, Safari won’t work.
snow report
I’ve used Klarity, quick delivery and easy to use via their app, cert delivered in 30 mins
snow conditions
Dont rush to buy a day 2!
They may get dropped from Jan 26th
snow report
Sorry for the thick post but I can't work out the answer...

We've booked Boots lateral flow antigen tests for our day of departure. It talks about sending us the kits but also loading the photo of the test onto the portal for the certificate. But it also made us book an appointment in store?

So do they swab you and process it? Or is there the option to do it at home online?

Sorry I'm not trying to be stupid but I'm confused!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kimski44 wrote:
Just a heads up about Chromonics. Overall, it was very good, very quick results BUT check your browser to download the certificate. I found it simply wouldn’t download at all, until I switched to Google Chrome, and relogged in. Basically, for iPad users, Safari won’t work.

Hi, thanks for the heads-up. Their website isn't very helpful in describing the process so it's good to get some details. Is there also the option of having it emailed to you ?

anyone else had issues with Safari ?
ski holidays
Francis.S wrote:
Sorry for the thick post but I can't work out the answer...

We've booked Boots lateral flow antigen tests for our day of departure. It talks about sending us the kits but also loading the photo of the test onto the portal for the certificate. But it also made us book an appointment in store?

So do they swab you and process it? Or is there the option to do it at home online?

Sorry I'm not trying to be stupid but I'm confused!

My interpretation is that they are referring in-store PCR testing ? :: or, that the link to the 'portal' is just out of date..

The Boots main page makes no mention of needing a booking for the LFT home test....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy