Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Fekkin Antigen Test???

Poster: A snowHead
I want to Eurotunnel into France. That's not flying. Will a fit to fly test suffice? Test sites have 'arriving', 'leaving', 'day 2', but not 'use this to get into France.

Help!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are all the same (in my belief..)

https://testing.excaliburhealth.co.uk/product/rapid-antigen-lateral-flow-tests/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 14-01-22 22:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My understanding is that you need a Lateral Flow Test, taken within 24 hours of embarkation. Doesn’t matter whether flying or train. After advice from this forum, I used Excalibur Health for that and the 2-day test when you return. Call them if needs be, they were very helpful.

Hope I’m right!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@albob, @KVet79, Ta both, at least that seems sensible.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
24hrs of arrival I think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chronomics fit 2 fly - LFT test : register test & photograph the lft - result straight back by email in seconds Madeye-Smiley - flying thru the tunnel tomoz

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 14-01-22 22:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Charliegolf, I know exactly what you mean,
It drives me bonkers all the flavours and names for the tests.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I booked mine for next week with c19testing.co.uk. Their site was pretty good, the gubbins arrived 12 hours later.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DrLawn, Not going nuts then maybe Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Charliegolf,
https://www.c19testing.co.uk/
Scroll down the home page you need the 2nd for the outbound, the first one to come home.

I wouldn't book the return yet on case they cancel the requirement. You can order it abroad to get the number for the PLF if this theatre (at both sides of the Channel) continues.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chocksaway, Cheers. All sorted now, everyone, thanks very much.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geoffers wrote:
Chronomics fit 2 fly - LFT test : register test & photograph the lft - result straight back by email in seconds Madeye-Smiley - flying thru the tunnel tomoz

Although it's eligible, I wouldn't recommend people to use Chronomics as I was almost denied boarding by BA due to the certificate not saying "antigen" on it (unless you read the small print at the bottom)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

@Charliegolf,
https://www.c19testing.co.uk/
Scroll down the home page you need the 2nd for the outbound, the first one to come home.

I wouldn't book the return yet on case they cancel the requirement. You can order it abroad to get the number for the PLF if this theatre (at both sides of the Channel) continues.

+ 1 for C19 testing result back in 88 minutes today.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timc, Did you start the c19 register process before you started the test or did you do the test and then start. Just wondering if the website walks you through it?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can do the test then start the registration. C19 testing are great.
We are looking at Klarity for our next trip, they offer a certificate only option for £10 if you have any lateral flow tests at home that you could use. Halves the cost.
snow report
@susieq78, Ta!
snow report
musehead wrote:
geoffers wrote:

Although it's eligible, I wouldn't recommend people to use Chronomics as I was almost denied boarding by BA due to the certificate not saying "antigen" on it (unless you read the small print at the bottom)

That’s weird, considering they are on their recommended providers list ……..

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests
latest report
Chuckles3 wrote:
musehead wrote:
geoffers wrote:

That’s weird, considering they are on their recommended providers list ……..

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests

Yes, but unfortunately if you encounter a badly trained check-in agent on the day, there's not much you can do!
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
@Timc, Did you start the c19 register process before you started the test or did you do the test and then start. Just wondering if the website walks you through it?
you can do either.
Starting the process the website will walk you through the test
snow report
Anyone done excalibur LFT? Is it actually instant response? Trying to time it to give me a few hours leeway when getting into Switzerland which means doing it in the evening and I don't want to risk not getting a result back if it's not as instant as has been suggested.
ski holidays
We did a boots one on Christmas Day (for flights Boxing Day). Thought we might have a bit of a delay but we uploaded pictures and got a certificate within 5 minutes. Would really recommend them. Can’t vouch for any other companies though.
snow report
Sheffsnow91 wrote:
We did a boots one on Christmas Day (for flights Boxing Day). Thought we might have a bit of a delay but we uploaded pictures and got a certificate within 5 minutes. Would really recommend them. Can’t vouch for any other companies though.

Thanks I'll look into that as a secondary option perhaps.
latest report
Used Chronomics. They did the job, can't complain.
snow conditions
So if parents and kids 14/16 are all vaccinated do all four of us have to do LFT with one of the above providers for entry to France/Switzerland and Italy (driving)?
snow report
Quote:

Chronomics fit 2 fly - LFT test : register test & photograph the lft - result straight back by email in seconds - flying thru the tunnel tomoz

Did you get through ok... ?
latest report
MHskier wrote:
So if parents and kids 14/16 are all vaccinated do all four of us have to do LFT with one of the above providers for entry to France/Switzerland and Italy (driving)?

Yes, that's correct. You currently have to arrange a "2 day test" for return to the UK but the wisdom seems to be to book this when you're out in case that requirement is ditched.
latest report
If you are flying into Spain and then driving across the border into France do you have to do an antigen test?
snow report
Richie_S wrote:
Quote:

Chronomics fit 2 fly - LFT test : register test & photograph the lft - result straight back by email in seconds - flying thru the tunnel tomoz

Did you get through ok... ?
Yep - uploaded documents to Eurotunnel in advance, so France passport control just waved us through

Beauty of Chronomics is instant return of documentation when registering the test - only requires a photo of the test strip

I was a bit worried that the order seemed to say 24hr turnaround - more like 24sec snowHead;
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not wanting to start another thread...

I have bought 2 x pre departure tests and 2 x day 2 return tests from C19testing. There doesn't seem to be any discernible way of telling which test is supposed to be which. They are all identical tests with a random kit ID affixed to each.

The PLF number is on an email, but I can't tell if the PLF number is linked to a particular test. Can I just use any test for the PLF?
ski holidays
Charliegolf wrote:
@albob, @KVet79, Ta both, at least that seems sensible.

Which one did you go for?
snow report
@dredgey, Randox. Wife sorted, so not sure of the details. I have a creeping worry we're a bit late for the postage etc (should be fine for 22nd), so I have downloaded the Klarity app just in case!
snow report
@Timmycb5, wrote "I have bought 2 x pre departure tests and 2 x day 2 return tests from C19testing. There doesn't seem to be any discernible way of telling which test is supposed to be which. They are all identical tests with a random kit ID affixed to each.."

Same for me -- two from Excalibur (one going and one coming) are identical! ; leaves me to think it doesn't matter which you use (can't tell anyway!)

@dredgey, Excalibur, ordered Thursday arrived today (Saturday)
snow conditions
Minion1980 wrote:
Anyone done excalibur LFT? Is it actually instant response? Trying to time it to give me a few hours leeway when getting into Switzerland which means doing it in the evening and I don't want to risk not getting a result back if it's not as instant as has been suggested.

GlasgowCyclops did an experimental one and result came straight back (Excalibur)

Posted in snowEvents

"..EXCALIBUR TEST REVIEW.

Hi all

I've just done a test using the Excalibur test kit.
App easy to use, picture of LFT taken and test confirmed as -ve. Result in the app with QR.

Checked my Gmail and test result emailed instantly with result, QR, test specificity etc.

Very impressed...."
ski holidays
@albob, Yep. Instant on the app and by email in 20 secs.
ski holidays
albob wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:

GlasgowCyclops did an experimental one and result came straight back (Excalibur)

Posted in snowEvents

"..EXCALIBUR TEST REVIEW.

Hi all

I've just done a test using the Excalibur test kit.
App easy to use, picture of LFT taken and test confirmed as -ve. Result in the app with QR.

Checked my Gmail and test result emailed instantly with result, QR, test specificity etc.

Very impressed...."

Awesome cheers! Takes the worry off. I did buy 2 from them, I asked if I could use 1 for day 2 return but they refused, just so people are aware. I can use it later in the year at least.
latest report
@Minion1980, That doesn't make sense - see my post above ; there is no difference between the two they sent me. GlasgowCyclops rang about the same thing and they said it was Ok ?!?!
snow report
@albob, I'm guessing it's any of them then.
snow conditions
albob wrote:
@Minion1980, That doesn't make sense - see my post above ; there is no difference between the two they sent me. GlasgowCyclops rang about the same thing and they said it was Ok ?!?!

Yeah I know it's kinda BS but what are you gonna do, I bought a day 2 form them instead yesterday and it was delivered by DPD today, I just wanted to have a code for the return form without having to do it whilst in France, I'm not even going till next saturday!
snow conditions
@Minion1980, weird. I just bought two fit to fly tests from them and they came with plf codes.
ski holidays
@Minion1980, I don't have a code? : the two arrived in the same package, so I have no idea which box is the 2 day (and I doubt Excalibur would either!!)

Paul078 -- this just gets weirder !!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy