Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Skiing - Covid RoI climbing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Minion1980, Guess we'll find out. As Ben runs a big bus up the valley and drops off at various points to smaller minibuses or taxis it may be that the little bus only has 5 seats left up to Les A.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Minion1980 wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:
Slight tightening up of supervision today, at the gate to the Bergerie Chairlift skiers (and boarders) were being told to pull their Buffs up and cover their mouth and nose.
Only the second time in 4 weeks - it must be getting serious Skullie

I reckon the week starting next saturday is going to get real busy, even if it's January there is such demand from the UK it'll be as busy as high season week, maybe there preparing. What do you think?

Not sure as families won’t be able to come
Anyway.

Just arrived at La Tania and the deli was happy to see new English people that’s for sure. It feels dead.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
France may be open now but with a sudden surge of Brits into the resorts that will only mean one thing. You're pretty much guaranteed to catch Covid skiing in France in the next few weeks.

How can you say that? Puzzled

I was also advised that the 5,000 Sunderland fans travelling to the Arsenal match on 21st December were also "guaranteed" to catch Covid, as London was rife with it at the time. Covid hotspot of the UK in fact Shocked. But 3 of us "risked it" and came back unscathed Very Happy .

No one was more cautious than me and Mrs B in the early stages (15 to 18 months) of the pandemic. But after 3 jabs, and no skiing for almost 2 years, we have had enough of non-living and are happy to go with the "Covid guarantee." We arrived tonight for a fortnight of Russian Roulette in the 3 Valleys and will see how things go....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bergmeister wrote:
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
France may be open now but with a sudden surge of Brits into the resorts that will only mean one thing. You're pretty much guaranteed to catch Covid skiing in France in the next few weeks.

How can you say that? Puzzled

I was also advised that the 5,000 Sunderland fans travelling to the Arsenal match on 21st December were also "guaranteed" to catch Covid, as London was rife with it at the time. Covid hotspot of the UK in fact Shocked. But 3 of us "risked it" and came back unscathed Very Happy .

No one was more cautious than me and Mrs B in the early stages (15 to 18 months) of the pandemic. But after 3 jabs, and no skiing for almost 2 years, we have had enough of non-living and are happy to go with the "Covid guarantee." We arrived tonight for a fortnight of Russian Roulette in the 3 Valleys and will see how things go....

In a slightly bizarre way I hope I catch it while here. Bit of a cold won’t spoil the trip and being 2x vax plus boosted (two different vaccines) a dose of omicron should top off my immunity nicely. We’re all getting it at some point, can’t think of a better one.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DJL, this is pretty much my thinking. I’ve just gone about my usual daily routine though rather than go anywhere to catch it. We had an unofficial game of last person standing at work after taking all the required precautions and practically every member of staff still catching it in the last two months… I narrowly lost out on the title after testing positive this week. There’s also only one kid in my class who hasn’t had it too.

Come next Sunday when I’m allowed out again, I’m hoping I can live my first season in a ski area without any further interruptions (triple jabbed plus a positive!)!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lucywuk wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:
Slight tightening up of supervision today, at the gate to the Bergerie Chairlift skiers (and boarders) were being told to pull their Buffs up and cover their mouth and nose.
Only the second time in 4 weeks - it must be getting serious Skullie

I reckon the week starting next saturday is going to get real busy, even if it's January there is such demand from the UK it'll be as busy as high season week, maybe there preparing. What do you think?

Not sure as families won’t be able to come
Anyway.

Just arrived at La Tania and the deli was happy to see new English people that’s for sure. It feels dead.

I don’t think many people will have qualms about taking their children out of school. It’s a learning experience after all.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slightly academic for us silly bugs in Drakeford`s fiefdom.

As WAG "advise against all but essential international travel", you cant get insurance to go abroad.
His roadmap to `level zero` restrictions (he is a classics graduate, not STEM), is to examine lifting "other" (ie international travel, its not mentioned under the previous weekly three week review dates (classics, not STEM)), on the 10th February.

The WAG advice on international travel, is buried in the far end of obscurity on the web site; tagged on to a FAQ answer, not accessed from the main restrictions, nor mentioned anywhere else. I checked. Several times.

I have already cancelled two trips, and the cancellation date for the accommodation (£900) on the March family trip(booked last September) is 9th Feb.

So bin it or gamble that we can get holiday insurance in the intervening three weeks?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jameswp wrote:

As WAG "advise against all but essential international travel", you cant get insurance to go abroad.
His roadmap to `level zero` restrictions (he is a classics graduate, not STEM), is to examine lifting "other" (ie international travel, its not mentioned under the previous weekly three week review dates (classics, not STEM)), on the 10th February.

The WAG advice on international travel, is buried in the far end of obscurity on the web site; tagged on to a FAQ answer, not accessed from the main restrictions, nor mentioned anywhere else. I checked. Several times.

I have already cancelled two trips, and the cancellation date for the accommodation (£900) on the March family trip(booked last September) is 9th Feb.

So bin it or gamble that we can get holiday insurance in the intervening three weeks?

Ridiculous!!!
Dickford and his cronies just want to be different to whatever England does, its not science based its political. Its hilarious to see his posturing whenever British govt overrules his dictats!!
As for advice from WAG I treat this with the contempt it deserves
Last time I checked my passport was for Great Britain and my government has indicated that travel is possible
due out in feb, march and april no intention of allowing dickford to affect the trips in any way
and breathe!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jameswp wrote:

Ridiculous!!!
Dickford and his cronies just want to be different to whatever England does, its not science based its political. Its hilarious to see his posturing whenever British govt overrules his dictats!!
As for advice from WAG I treat this with the contempt it deserves
Last time I checked my passport was for Great Britain and my government has indicated that travel is possible
due out in feb, march and april no intention of allowing dickford to affect the trips in any way
and breathe!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy