Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Pass Sanitaire / Pass Vaccinal

Poster: A snowHead
wibble44 wrote:
Aha: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire
"Au 15 février, la dose de rappel devra être réalisée dans un délai de 3 mois minimum et jusqu’à 4 mois maximum après l’infection, autrement dit, la personne aura 1 mois pour réaliser son rappel."

Roughly: After 15/Feb, if infected and not boosted, you must have the booster at least 3, but not more than 4, months after infection (new reduced limit).

To confuse matters further, I think the PV legislation is still rumbling on and not finalised.

Thanks for that. I am planning to go in mid-March and had my +ve PCR result on 22 Dec so I could be close to that limit anyway. Better just get my booster and not have the worry I think.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

o confuse matters further, I think the PV legislation is still rumbling on and not finalised.

And here lies the key point ... the PV legislation has yet to be finalised as it's still being debated in the senate ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.gouvernement.fr/le-pass-vaccinal-mode-d-emploi
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
KenX wrote:

It should be in force by Friday 21st January, 12-15 year-olds will need to have daily LFT tests, 16 and over will need to be fully vaccinated or no Vaccine pass.
The current 3rd jab QR code on TAC will remain as proof of vaccination as it is now.
The main difference is that unvaxxed adults of >16 years cannot now "get away with" taking a -ve test to enter the venues; bars, ski lifts etc.......

In force as of tomorrow 24th Jan, I was a day out.........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I've read it right, it still allows for a recovery certificate so long as more than 11 days ago and less than 6 months ago. Is that right?
Does that override the need for a booster within 4 months after Feb/15? ie. anyone who caught it over Xmas (and has a recovery code) is good for 6 months now irrespective of jabs?

And I can't quite get my head around what's needed for 16-17yo.
PV applies to everyone 16 and over, but then it says you need a complete vaccine record for all those >18y +1 month who are eligible.
What's the significance of the 18+1month?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
KenX wrote:
KenX wrote:

It should be in force by Friday 21st January, 12-15 year-olds will need to have daily LFT tests, 16 and over will need to be fully vaccinated or no Vaccine pass.
The current 3rd jab QR code on TAC will remain as proof of vaccination as it is now.
The main difference is that unvaxxed adults of >16 years cannot now "get away with" taking a -ve test to enter the venues; bars, ski lifts etc.......

In force as of tomorrow 24th Jan, I was a day out.........

Yes, but 12-15Y olds still have the ability to obtain the PS / PV if fully vaccinated OR if they have recovered in the last 6 months and can demonstrate this via a scannable QR code, this is right, isn't it?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Obvs if a 12-15 yo gets fully jabbed then yes, in France this is common, in UK, not so much......
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just looking at the rules that we have received in the ski pass office.

12 to 15 without pass vaccinale must have test negative in past 24 hours.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alpinebear wrote:
Just looking at the rules that we have received in the ski pass office.

12 to 15 without pass vaccinale must have test negative in past 24 hours.

@Alpinebear = are the Pass Vaccinale rules for 12-15Y olds the same as the Pass Sanitaire ones please? My understanding is that they only need to satisfy ONE of the following conditions : fully vaccinated OR recovered OR daily testing ...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hope this helps

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perfect, thank you. "Soit par" is my new favourite French word combination ...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quickly typed the main body of @Alpinebear's letter into Google Translate;

the vaccination pass is acquired

- either by complete vaccination schedule
- either by a certificate of recovery from covid, more than 11 days and less than 6 months old

otherwise, access to the ski lift is refused, except for;
- people justifying a medical contraindication to vaccination under the conditions provided for by decree
- people justifying injection for at most four weeks of a 1st dose of vaccine and the result of a test or screening examination carried out less than 24 hours
- - these provisions are applicable to injections made no later than February 15, 2022
- - the only antigenic tests that can be validly presented are those allowing the detection of the n protein of sars-cov-2

for the control of the vaccination pass (over 16 years old) or health (12-15 years old), nothing changes: the application which scans the qr codes will be updated on Monday
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can anyone confirm - on the current ‘pass sanitaire/pass vaccinal’ rules for France - are these passes actually a ‘thing’ we need to get, or just a set of rules which can be satisfied by having the NHS App QR codes?
We are travelling to France (Tignes) 19/02.
2 x triple jabbed adults, booster date within the 4 month rule.
1 x double jabbed 17 year old,
1 x double jabbed 15 year old.
All have the NHS App QR codes proving the above.
My plan is to screenshot/apple wallet the latest jab for each of us onto mobiles (and maybe print as well) and just present this when asked.
Is that correct?
Or do I HAVE to present it in the French TousAntiCovid App?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Simonskis wrote:
Can anyone confirm - on the current ‘pass sanitaire/pass vaccinal’ rules for France - are these passes actually a ‘thing’ we need to get, or just a set of rules which can be satisfied by having the NHS App QR codes?
My plan is to screenshot/apple wallet the latest jab for each of us onto mobiles (and maybe print as well) and just present this when asked.
Is that correct?

I was in 3V last week.
The QR code from my NHS booster vaccination was accepted without question everywhere. (I am 68 years old)
I was asked to to show the code/pass at every restaurant and bar and on about 10% of all my ski lift journeys.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Simonskis, From earlier in the thread
Timc wrote:

QR access times. In every case the QR code is the same NHS QR code

NHS App - Slowest and must have data/wifi as it refreshes every time...
Quicker: Copy NHS code into TAC app - no need to log in so can be done with no internet
Quicker still: Copy NHS cert into apple (or android?) wallet, access direct from home screen
Even quicker: Screen capture the QR from TAC app, set picture as Lock Screen
Quickest of all: Print, Laminate, Stick to helmet.

or Print, Laminate, hang on lanyard
ski holidays
Simonskis wrote:
Is that correct?

Download the TAC app and store all your relevant QR codes in it's 'wallet". You'll be able to access them without having to be online / on a mobile network. But I would strongly advise printing them off too - we have ours on lanyards bought from Amazon. Much easier to access with gloves on rather than faffing to get phones out of pockets ...
latest report
We are in tignes currently and have the TAC app on phone but have not needed to use it in resort as the nhs qr codes I printed off and encapsulated are small enough to fit in a pocket and have worked easily everywhere needed
It seems most places are getting more relaxed about this sort of check anyway and mask wearing seems optional for many too!
ski holidays
Simonskis wrote:

The latter. You just need QR codes that show that you satisfy the rules. NHS QR codes are fine so long as they show the right things. How you choose to store and display these QR codes is your choice.
ski holidays
Do the restaurants, lifts etc scan the codes or just look to see you have one? We are going to Flaine on Sunday 20th Feb, but my 15 year old daughter’s second jab isn’t till Tuesday (local walk-in wouldn’t let us do it two days early annoyingly). France seems to want 7 days post-second jab to be fully vaccinated. She’s all set up with NHS Login and QR evidence of her first jab, so I’m hoping her second will show within a few days, and that we might get away without having to do any pharmacy visits for LFTs.
snow conditions
reh_stuff wrote:
Do the restaurants, lifts etc scan the codes or just look to see you have one? We are going to Flaine on Sunday 20th Feb, but my 15 year old daughter’s second jab isn’t till Tuesday (local walk-in wouldn’t let us do it two days early annoyingly). France seems to want 7 days post-second jab to be fully vaccinated. She’s all set up with NHS Login and QR evidence of her first jab, so I’m hoping her second will show within a few days, and that we might get away without having to do any pharmacy visits for LFTs.

In my experience the QR codes are always scanned.
ski holidays
Quote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
reh_stuff wrote:

Thank you
snow report
reh_stuff wrote:
Quote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
reh_stuff wrote:

Thank you

I should probably have been clearer and said that when they're asked for, they're scanned. I was only asked for my pass at lifts a couple of times before Xmas, and generally only in restaurants / cafes in the town. I don't think I was ever asked for my code in a restaurant up the mountain.
snow report
Quote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
reh_stuff wrote:
Quote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
reh_stuff wrote:

Thank you

I should probably have been clearer and said that when they're asked for, they're scanned. I was only asked for my pass at lifts a couple of times before Xmas, and generally only in restaurants / cafes in the town. I don't think I was ever asked for my code in a restaurant up the mountain.

I suppose that when you’re up the mountain, you wouldn’t have been able to get there without using a lift, which should mean that you’ve already been checked. Might be risky not to get her tested I suppose, but I can guarantee we won’t be checked if we do!
latest report
wibble44 wrote:
If I've read it right, it still allows for a recovery certificate so long as more than 11 days ago and less than 6 months ago. Is that right?
Does that override the need for a booster within 4 months after Feb/15? ie. anyone who caught it over Xmas (and has a recovery code) is good for 6 months now irrespective of jabs?

And I can't quite get my head around what's needed for 16-17yo.
PV applies to everyone 16 and over, but then it says you need a complete vaccine record for all those >18y +1 month who are eligible.
What's the significance of the 18+1month?

As of 15th Feb, I believe the validity of recovery certificates in support of pass vaccinal (but by my reading not pass sanitaire) reduces to 4 months in line with the reduction in validity of 2 jabs without a booster.

My understanding is that the 18+1 months is due to that being the lower age for boosters being adminstered in France and that 16-17yos just need 2 jabs:

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-vaccinal
snow report
Hi,
Sorry if I am being thick - this is all so confusing. I see above that adults triple vax can just use the NHS QR codes but can anyone out in France skiing currently clarify whether double vax 12-15 year olds can just use the NHS QR codes or do they have to have the Pass Sanitaire or Vaccinal?
Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy