Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
One girl, one boy IIRC. But unless you want to sleep with them, it doesn't much matter.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ster wrote:
albob wrote:
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@oldsnowy, I'm confused now, which one of the blokes was Gay and which one Pansexual? <CUT>

Confused - certainly you were , they were both Girls !!! (one of which had 'come out') ; One of the sisters had a twin brother (who did not feature much..)

Isnt this meaning that Gus Kenworthy who was interviewed?

Whoa -- missed that bit :: so one sister who had 'come out' + Gus ?? :: now I'm the confused one........
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Further thoughts, I feel it's even worse than I originally thought. I wanted to see more of the resorts, more discussion on training and fitness considering most of us haven't been on a hill in 2 years. Less ski racing I mean it's just boring. There's no real talk on technique and preparation. Dominic Paris won again 7 years in a row, great well done. Discussing sexual orientation is scraping the bottom of the barrel from the beeb, completely irrelevant. On that token if a hetero guy talked about how he nailed a couple of the Swedish team to get his confidence up and that got him back on skis and in competition, most of you would be up in arms all knickers in a twist and curlers caught in the Christmas lights!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
grumpygargoyle wrote:
Mr Egg, are you Stanton in disguise wink

FWIW pansexual was brought into use to be inclusive, bisexual by its nature defines the world as "two options". You don't have to care, obviously, but it's a term built on respect are consideration. The term chick with dick is not about respect and consideration is it.

so bisexual is now a defunct term?
has anyone told lgbt they need to rebrand to lgpt?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really liked it. I don’t want to know about resorts or whether Roger is carving correctly on his home video - thats what teaching and the internet is for.

I like the push on GB Snowsports - with the people angle too. We need young people to get into skiing and this is a way to entice them. I get a bit bored on the racing but thats because we have it on live during the day which I imagine the majority of viewers dont.

I think Chemmy is a 1000000 times better now she has a proper role and can be the ‘skiing one’.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mr.Egg, Drop them a line, you seem the man for the job Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gainz,

+1
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Once again, it appears I've stumbled into the snowsports part of the Daily Express forum Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

has anyone told lgbt they need to rebrand to lgpt?

No, that's why LGBT has been LGBTQ+ for quite some time. Its the Plus y'see, it includes a whole colourful panoply of options without any fussiness over altering the acronym.

@Nadenoodlee, quite. With the Olympics just around the corner it's quite right to be focussing on the T.GB (sorry Eggsie, TGB+ if you prefer) athletes and prep in the run-up. I thought that the more interesting focus in the Gus Kenworthy interview was around his and other athletes decisions in presenting for Team GB instead of other more obvious nations.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I quite liked it. As a snowboarder, makes a change from just watching a bunch of downhill ski racing.

The Team GB guys all had interesting stories (how many broken bones)?

Interesting to hear about Gus switching sides and realising he's not actually stealing anyone's place (as there's no one else who's made the standard yet).

As to the sexuality stuff, don't see why everyone is getting bothered by it, it's just a bunch of people living their lives. The point Gus made about feeling suicidal before he came out was important though (and that's why it should be shown). There'll be kids (or older) all over the place who are hiding who they are, not feeling represented and then there's this down to earth, Olympic medalist who's saying "Yep, I've been there, it's horrible...you can get through it"....that'll change someone's life for the better. Using the BBC as a platform for improving someone's life seems like a reasonable use of money to me.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@paulhinch, Nicely put...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

On that token if a hetero guy talked about how he nailed a couple of the Swedish team to get his confidence up and that got him back on skis and in competition, most of you would be up in arms all knickers in a twist and curlers caught in the Christmas lights!

Crude, bottom of the barrel completely irrelevant and sexist argument,@Gainz, comparing apples and pears.
Quote:
I thought that the more interesting focus in the Gus Kenworthy interview was around his and other athletes decisions in presenting for Team GB instead of other more obvious nations.

I agree, @Richard_Sideways. And had been wondering about that question before he answered it.

Here on SHs, the interesting focus for me is why the references to sexuality made some people so very uncomfortable. Gus Kenworthy explained that the assumption he was straight had made life very difficult for him, for many years, and he felt much better now if everyone knew he was gay. Wanting to mention it on his new "home turf" seems entirely natural to me.

How would Mr Egg, Gainz and others feel if people all assumed they were gay and acted accordingly? Wouldn't they want to set the record straight?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@paulhinch, exactly.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@paulhinch, @albob, +1
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@paulhinch, +1
Snowsports and particularly action sports were a pretty toxic place to 'not fit' the mould in terms of media and retaining sponsorship, and still has a distance to go.
snow report
Why is it still called Ski Sunday? snowboarding probably accounts for at least 30-40% of the winter sports market these days (guesstimate).
Needs more focus on all winter sports disciplines IMO
latest report
Way too much time spent on just the men's downhill. then a nanosecond spent on other aspects of the sport with the briefest possible mention of some free style achievements, which they didn't even bother to show. Then spend further time on people's sexual probs at the expense of this, I know which reason I turned on to watch 'SKI' Sunday not Mental Health Sunday...... The program seems to deteriorate every year.

Shame another outlet doesn't pick up an alternative, God knows there are enough Car, Cooking, Do up your House shows etc.
snow report
pam w wrote:
Here on SHs, the interesting focus for me is why the references to sexuality made some people so very uncomfortable.

Indeed. There was a lot of ground covered in both interviews and yet for some people the big talking point was about the sexuality. Ironic really that they don't want to talk about and yet...
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I didn’t really enjoy the focus

I'm genuinely quite bemused by this and interested in the amount of negative comment. It was hardly a "focus". It was a small part of longer interviews, and those interviews were a small part of the programme. The athletes themselves probably wanted to mention it, because it was important to them. Should Chemmy have said "on no account will be broadcast such irrelevant wokery"?

I didn't even realise it was covered in the Gus Kenworthy piece - mea culpa. I was making no comment on that, sorry. I only saw the young mogul skiers and am used to hearing from my daughters' friends how fluid and changeable their ideas of self-identifying are - I have no issue with it at all and respect their pronouns etc, just didn't think it was worth a focus on Ski Sunday. But I wasn't commenting on Gus and can completely see the importance of it.
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
pam w wrote:
Here on SHs, the interesting focus for me is why the references to sexuality made some people so very uncomfortable.

Indeed. There was a lot of ground covered in both interviews and yet for some people the big talking point was about the sexuality. Ironic really that they don't want to talk about and yet...
Maybe people watch a ski show to watch skiing(or boarding) not mental health issues, I think we have had quite enough discuss about health stuff in the last couple of years to last for quite some time. Now lets get back to watching a ski program about skiing...
latest report
Nobody seems to have noticed that it's 15 minutes longer this year, which has to be a good thing. As to what they show event-wise, I suspect that a limited budget means that they are restricted in what they can afford to license, so anyone expecting to see wide coverage of a range of disciplines is likely to be disappointed. Same will apply to the Winter Olympics - they are taking the pictures for certain events from Eurosport and presumably putting their own commentary on top. From Wikipedia:

"In some countries, broadcast rights to the 2022 Winter Olympics are already agreed upon through existing long-term deals. In France and the United Kingdom, these are the first Games where Eurosport will be the main rightsholder; the BBC will sub-license a limited amount of coverage on free-to-air television, as part of a deal in which the BBC sold the pay-TV rights to the 2018 and 2020 Games to Eurosport."
snow conditions
king key wrote:
Layne wrote:
pam w wrote:

Maybe people watch a ski show to watch skiing(or boarding) not mental health issues, I think we have had quite enough discuss about health stuff in the last couple of years to last for quite some time. Now lets get back to watching a ski program about skiing...

The two things aren't exclusive. Kenworthy being in the GB team is a big news story. Are they supposed to ignore the story because a lot of it would be about his mental struggles or say to him I know being gay/coming out is a big part of your life but could you just talk about the skiing - even though it was clear it was a big thing in relation to his skiing career.

Maybe in 10/20 years time it will be something that barely gets a passing mention, exactly because of Kenworthy talking about on a ski programme, it being normalised and people of his age when he started out not being traumatised by societies view of it. Bit of a chicken and egg situation.
ski holidays
Poor old Beeb - on a hiding to nothing with SS. Little budget, covid issues and the need for it to be "BBC" and basically simper a bit.

Therefore being the BBC, with their relentless loving of a minority, cause and overall loveyism, they have to bring sexual orientation into it. Who cares if someone is Arthur, Martha or somewhere in between - this is where they f*** it all up. Life is past all that, it is no longer news - we do not care as long as someone is talented and can perform at their chosen discipline. Their private life is theirs. Ski Sunday is a valuable hour of escapism and I don't particularly care about who is "out". I want features, scenery, great skiing and boarding, biopics, resorts. If I wanted sexuality info I would watch Naked Attraction.....I want snow attaction
snow report
Yellow Snow wrote:
Poor old Beeb - on a hiding to nothing with SS. Little budget, covid issues and the need for it to be "BBC" and basically simper a bit.

Therefore being the BBC, with their relentless loving of a minority, cause and overall loveyism, they have to bring sexual orientation into it. Who cares if someone is Arthur, Martha or somewhere in between - this is where they f*** it all up. Life is past all that, it is no longer news - we do not care as long as someone is talented and can perform at their chosen discipline. Their private life is theirs. Ski Sunday is a valuable hour of escapism and I don't particularly care about who is "out". I want features, scenery, great skiing and boarding, biopics, resorts. If I wanted sexuality info I would watch Naked Attraction.....I want snow attaction
Exactly and if anyone wants to listen to him/her whining on about about their mental health issues I'm sure they can do a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram thing all about it........but not in the middle of the small amount of TV time devoted to skiing.
It's like the joke about vegans, the very first thing they want to tell you is they are a vegan.
snow conditions
king key wrote:
Yellow Snow wrote:

Exactly and if anyone wants to listen to him/her whining on about about their mental health issues I'm sure they can do a Twitter/Facebook/Instagram thing all about it........but not in the middle of the small amount of TV time devoted to skiing.
It's like the joke about vegans, the very first thing they want to tell you is they are a vegan.

Vegan (Noun). Derived from olde English term for the tribal idiot who cannot hunt or fish.
snow conditions
Quote:

It has been noted before that this same logic applies to telemark skiers...
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

It has been noted before that this same logic applies to telemark skiers...

And ski instructors
ski holidays
@Yellow Snow, @king key, and yet here you are.... discussing something that you don't want to discuss....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gosh, guilty as charged, you've got us bang to rights, straight off to jail. We have stated we wanted a ski program to be about skiing and somehow that doesn't fit in with a certain types modern thinking......that makes me guilty as hell.

Next time I attend a concert I do hope they don't play any music and just tell us about whatever happens to be on their mind and stuff the music...
snow conditions
@king key, calm down. To be fair the sections you are referring to were during an interview about someone's career, there had been quite a bit of skiing before that. It's fine if you're not interested in Kenworthy's story but I think suggesting it's a woke agenda or something is probably a bit strong. Next week I'd guess they'll interview Dave Ryding and discuss only skiing.
latest report
king key wrote:
certain types modern thinking

Shocked Shocked

king key wrote:
Next time I attend a concert I do hope they don't play any music and just tell us about whatever happens to be on their mind and stuff the music...

Ski Sunday isn't pure event coverage. It isn't just showing a snowsports event(s). It's a magazine-style snowsports television show. Part of which is interviews about life's and lifestyles of participants. Just the same other sports shows or shows about music, films, etc. where they talk to the people rather than just watch what they do.
snow report
grumpygargoyle wrote:
Next week I'd guess they'll interview Dave Ryding and discuss only skiing.

Surely the BBC will be grilling him on his proclivities? If only for balance?
snow conditions
@ster, Yeah, I'd love for someone to state that they are heterosexual Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@ster, They have in past asked him about his girlfriend and their wedding plans, if that's what you mean.

I know you're just being flippant but there isn't really"The BBC" like it's a big conspiracy. Ski Sunday is made, I believe, by a pretty small team who love the mountains, the sport and telling stories.
snow conditions
@MorningGory, In commentary Graham discussed Kilde's relationship with Shiffrin so I bet that made your day Very Happy
ski holidays
@grumpygargoyle, Missed it snowHead
ski holidays
king key wrote:

...and I bet you start booing when they say "And now we'd like to play something from out new album"... anyway what are you doing listening to Music? Its all about love and emotion and sexuality and rage and passion; things wot get in the way of you just absorbing vibrations through your ears!
latest report
Old Fartbag wrote:
ster wrote:

....although not sure what he meant by "anti-dampening" technology on one of the skiers skis.

I wondered the same.

I assumed he got muddled between "Anti-Vibration" and "Dampening" Technology.

The person they were talking about were on atomic, so I assumed it to mean that rigid bar thing you get on Redster G9/S9s
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways
Quote:
...and I bet you start booing when they say "And now we'd like to play something from out new album"...

Don't we all? Shocked
Quote:
anyway what are you doing listening to Music? Its all about love and emotion and sexuality and rage and passion; things wot get in the way of you just absorbing vibrations through your ears!
So long as they sing and play it then it'll be fine........it's when they start reading their latest piece of abstract poetry I'll start the booing once more. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
I have a vague memory of similar unpleasant chat last year when Ski Sunday had a piece about black skiers. It's almost like there's a pattern...

More generally - agree that I'd like to see more build up to the Winter Olympics, just to make people more aware of the sheer number of snow/winter sports out there. But equally agree that fitting everything into the format is probably impossible!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy