Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Ski Sunday is back!

8pm on BBC2.

Im very much looking forward to it

Da dun dun dun da dun dun dun dun

Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup. Can't wait. No Graham Bell again by the look of it, which is a shame.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did notice the promo just said Ed and Chemmy. He will be a miss but im looking forward to it all the same.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Graham is, I believe, doing commentary and presenting a feature this week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@grumpygargoyle, ah good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
Isn't that the Top Gear theme tune? Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

No, that's

Da da da da dun dun dun da da da da da da.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You missed a Da. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chemmy or Graham, um tough choice, not rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ed also nearly didn't make it thanks to missing a flight and having a 72h covid test rather than a 48h one...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

Jaws? Mr. Green
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks, I would’ve missed it.

Since financial cutbacks at the BBC and a shortened series, it usually seems to start in mid January.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timmycb5 wrote:
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

No, that's

Da da da da dun dun dun da da da da da da.

Pink Panther?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's the
Police isn't it?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nah its Christmas - probably The Great Escape.
latest report
Cheers all! Laughing
latest report
Watched it….usual beige nonsense, not much changes year on year, this programme needs a big shake up.
ski holidays
@Markymark29, what would you like to see it feature/show?
latest report
I enjoyed it, even though I am not a follower of World Cup racing. Like I often drop in on a televised rugby match, even though I don't understand the finer points and (unless Wales are involved) generally don't care who wins! Rugby on telly doesn't change much year on year, either...
latest report
@grumpygargoyle, plenty stuff they could do to freshen it up, eg;

1. Ski touring diaries
2. Viewers extended videos of runs / critiqued
3. Blogs of resort reviews - favourite runs/ bars/ restaurants
4. Piste rules
5. Avalanche awareness
6. Ski fit programmes - red button etc
7. Travel tips (rather than hey look at me I’m on the snow you’re not)
8. Technique workshops - red button etc

There are lots of excellent YouTube based providers across all sorts of sports/ pass times they could learn from and make it less bland imv.

Yes I know there’s an off button, but it’s been same format now for years and isn’t going anywhere.
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
@grumpygargoyle, plenty stuff they could do to freshen it up, eg;

1. Ski touring diaries
2. Viewers extended videos of runs / critiqued
3. Blogs of resort reviews - favourite runs/ bars/ restaurants
4. Piste rules
5. Avalanche awareness
6. Ski fit programmes - red button etc
7. Travel tips (rather than hey look at me I’m on the snow you’re not)
8. Technique workshops - red button etc

There are lots of excellent YouTube based providers across all sorts of sports/ pass times they could learn from and make it less bland imv.

Yes I know there’s an off button, but it’s been same format now for years and isn’t going anywhere.

Agree to all tbh. I watch it every year and its the same much of muchness. Ed had the chance to update us on rules for entry but bottled it. I know they change but to have them said in one place would've been nice. They added something interesying with High Altitude but then took it away.
latest report
The brief slow motion clip of the mogul skiing was informative. The “coming out as pansexual” was a curious throwback to a time when viewers may have been bothered or interested. It will be interesting to see how far Chemmy’s ski tutorials go
snow report
@Markymark29, so basically more home videos of punters is supposed to liven up the show. Nope.

SS is done on a shoestring and have so little cash or time available that they can barely edit together what they have, let alone sift through hours of submitted content an hack it into broadcastable standard.
ski holidays
They did try a rebrand a while back didn’t they with High Altitude. Enjoyed that but lasted one season.
ski holidays
@Richard_Sideways, So then I ask why is SS done on a shoestring? No shortage of funds in the beeb looking at what they pay their luvvies elsewhere, so the BBC should either decide to do it properly or not bother then imv, if they cant be bothered or allocate funding then they will churn out the same old nonsense then. In which case it’s a dead duck.
snow report
It's really interesting isn't it, perhaps because it's the only skiing show on terrestrial TV lots of people want it do different things. On social media they often get stick if they show snowboarding but other people want more freestyle. I suspect if they did more travel stuff people like us on here would be pleased but there's maybe a hardcore of people who think it should just be sport.
ski holidays
I still enjoy it - it's just nice to see any snow and skiing on TV. And the theme tune always excites of course (Der der derdle erdle erdle erdle... wink ).

Previous season's features on Weardale Ski Club in the North Pennines and ski touring in Scotland were decent. They could do more of that - ie highlight the joys and wonders of UK skiing. For starters, a feature on the Back Corries at Nevis Range would be a real eye opener for a lot of viewers.
Quote:
The “coming out as pansexual” was a curious throwback to a time when viewers may have been bothered or interested
Fair point. I thought it a bit of an odd inclusion.
latest report
On the rocks wrote:
The “coming out as pansexual” was a curious throwback to a time when viewers may have been bothered or interested.

BBC innit? Gotta keep the 'diversity' meter in the pink.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mollerski wrote:
On the rocks wrote:
The “coming out as pansexual” was a curious throwback to a time when viewers may have been bothered or interested.

Sigh - I'm afraid that I struggle to understand why that is relevant to skiing
ski holidays
oui4ski wrote:
Mollerski wrote:
On the rocks wrote:

Sigh - I'm afraid that I struggle to understand why that is relevant to skiing

They missed one box when ticking them off. I'm expecting a piece on that British born chap Ben Alexander, hoping to compete for Jamaica in the Alpine events. Or maybe they can dig up someone who used to be called Stan, now competing as Lorretta in the Curling (With apologies to Monty Python!). Next week maybe.
snow conditions
The bits about sexuality added up to probably three minutes of a 60 minute long programme. Assuming you're ok with Athlete stories being listened too, their experiences are part of that story (in the way that mental health became part of Simone Biles story). I'm genuinely not looking to have a culture war but I'm surprised that hearing people's experiences, which relate to their sporting life, troubles you so much.
snow report
I thought Graham Bell’s commentary was very good with a few insights into the problems faced by racers on a course & tricks they use to overcome them.
ski holidays
It should be on for longer & cover all disciplines.
Currently UK snowboarding team is far more successful than the Ski team. We have a world champion in Snowboard cross. If you Yawned you would missed her name call.
Why not show more snowboard cross & ski cross? Short exciting races.
Now is the perfect time to peak peoples interests & follow the Olympic GB team in anticipation for the olympics.

Great, watch some downhill with no british interest. Talk to 2x girls about moguls - who may or may not make Team GB

Show brief few seconds clips of half pipe/cross/other disciplines events.

It really should be quite an easy format.
Dedicate most time to the biggest event of the last week or so
Throw in some dedicated ski time & dedicated snowboard time.
Finally end on how UK participants have fared.
snow report
Gordyjh wrote:
I thought Graham Bell’s commentary was very good with a few insights into the problems faced by racers on a course & tricks they use to overcome them.
+1. I enjoyed the whole programme.
snow report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@Markymark29, so basically more home videos of punters is supposed to liven up the show. Nope.

SS is done on a shoestring and have so little cash or time available that they can barely edit together what they have, let alone sift through hours of submitted content an hack it into broadcastable standard.

Agreed, its all about audience and bang for buck.

Some people up here like to compare MOTD with Sportscene and some moan about the latter.

A bit of a pointless exercise imv, as Gary Lineker, MOTD host, costs more than the entire highlights package for Scottish football.

Same with SS - while we are fans, it is very "niche" and the audience is tiny.

As others have mentioned, the High Altitude spinoff was excellent - I assume lack of cash killed it.
ski holidays
“It really should be quite an easy format.
Dedicate most time to the biggest event of the last week or so
Throw in some dedicated ski time & dedicated snowboard time.
Finally end on how UK participants have fared.”@Mr.Egg,

Pretty much what they did yesterday, so what’s your complaint?
latest report
High altitude fell victim to a change of channel controller. The incoming controller didn't like it that much as it was a commission of their predecessor. These things happen in TV apparently (there's a great story about why Blind date got axed but that's off topic)
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Gordyjh wrote:
+1. I enjoyed the whole programme.

+1
Nice-looking conditions on the Furgsattel glacier in Zermatt, and interesting to see the 2 skiers doing warm-up exercises in an empty Trockener Steg corridor....
TBH it's good to see any snow sports on free-to-air TV.
snow conditions
Quote:

The bits about sexuality added up to probably three minutes of a 60 minute long programme. Assuming you're ok with Athlete stories being listened too, their experiences are part of that story (in the way that mental health became part of Simone Biles story). I'm genuinely not looking to have a culture war but I'm surprised that hearing people's experiences, which relate to their sporting life, troubles you so much.

I agree, @grumpygargoyle. And the suggestion that having Ed stand there reading out the current entry regulations for skiing destinations would have been worthwhile strikes me as scraping the barrel.
latest report
@pam w, I guess people are very keen to know the rules and regulations but I think we all know how tricky it is to work out! According to the posts above, Ed almost didn't make it to Switzerland so he's probably not the person to ask Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy