Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Am I the only one who much prefers watching women's slalom rather than men's? The women's seem to be much more technically accurate and smoother carving. The men's seem to have a lot of jump turns and aggression rather than technique.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Same as Tennis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plus they look better in tight fitting race gear
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The results are little bit more predictable though compared with the men’s slalom……
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jaolchhu4, inc today's world champion?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Indeed - but I’d counter that by saying who won the silver and bronze in the men’s slalom race today? @holidayloverxx, Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And even though he won the gold medal, Kristoffersen needed a second run charge from 16th place after the first run to win it, which is quite unusual and certainly not something I’d have predicted beforehand.

I thought it was a great world championship overall. The highlight for me was Marco Odermatt’s gold medal run in the men’s downhill.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Such a shame there isn't more of it. 45 minutes is all we get Sad I guess they couldn't put an extended version on iPlayer or BBC3 (might not fit the channel).

and a shame it's ended already, 5 episodes or something? I know there's a lot of competition for airtime but surely it pulls in the viewers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jaolchhu4 wrote:
Indeed - but I’d counter that by saying who won the silver and bronze in the men’s slalom race today? @holidayloverxx, Smile

So entirely unpredictable...Henrik holding in for gold was amazing, as was silver and bronze. A great race...although when I posted I meant to say yesterdays (saturdays) ladies world champ...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobinS wrote:
Am I the only one who much prefers watching women's slalom rather than men's? The women's seem to be much more technically accurate and smoother carving. The men's seem to have a lot of jump turns and aggression rather than technique.

Same with Women's Golf...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Jaolchhu4 wrote:

So entirely unpredictable...Henrik holding in for gold was amazing, as was silver and bronze. A great race...although when I posted I meant to say yesterdays (saturdays) ladies world champ...

I know you did! Toofy Grin

I think you can predict the likely podium results with slightly more assurance for the womens' slalom races than the mens'. Clearly Shiffrin is usually in the running and until this season Vlhova as well - they were generally either first or second previously. Wendy Holder is usually consistent and Lena Duerr is more of a presence of late. Liensburger has fallen away so markedly this season.

As for the men - Kristoffersen is usually there or thereabouts, although he's on new brand of ski's this season so that's added something slightly different to the mix. Lucas Braathen seemed pretty dominant until his recent appendix operation. Clement Noel has been poor by his very high standards. Daniel Yule has been either hit or miss.

The other feature that has made quite a difference to the results has been the poor quality of the snow in the early part of the season. Those that are used to skiing on salted snow have benefitted. Overall, I think it has made the season more unpredictable than is normally the case.

Any how, we have been blessed to see some wonderful skiing during the last two weeks.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jaolchhu4 wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Jaolchhu4 wrote:

I know you did! Toofy Grin

I think you can predict the likely podium results with slightly more assurance for the womens' slalom races than the mens'. Clearly Shiffrin is usually in the running and until this season Vlhova as well - they were generally either first or second previously. Wendy Holder is usually consistent and Lena Duerr is more of a presence of late. Liensburger has fallen away so markedly this season.

As for the men - Kristoffersen is usually there or thereabouts, although he's on new brand of ski's this season so that's added something slightly different to the mix. Lucas Braathen seemed pretty dominant until his recent appendix operation. Clement Noel has been poor by his very high standards. Daniel Yule has been either hit or miss.

The other feature that has made quite a difference to the results has been the poor quality of the snow in the early part of the season. Those that are used to skiing on salted snow have benefitted. Overall, I think it has made the season more unpredictable than is normally the case.

Any how, we have been blessed to see some wonderful skiing during the last two weeks.

Indeed we have and can talk about it in the FIS thread. This is about Ski Sunday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thought Shiffrin came over well in her short interview with Chemmy. She's certainly not in Vonns mould and IMO better for it. Some echoes of what Aimee Fuller was talking about.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Whitegoldsbrother, granted, but there is quite a bit of crossover given that Ski Sunday has heavily featured alpine slalom racing in recent weeks one way or another.

I probably over stepped the ‘level of debate’ in relation to the Ski Sunday thread, but it’s difficult to know where do you draw the line sometimes especially after a couple of relatively broad comments on the content of the programme.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ryunis wrote:
Yes excellent pod Ian. Possibly my favourite yet.

Thanks (and for the ideas too!)
snow report
Why is it on iPlayer for such a short time? If you blink you miss it. Yet some other stuff is listed as 1 year plus and is full as dishwater
snow report
@bowsaw, probably due to the right saying there’s a limited time during which they can show coverage of the actual racing
ski holidays
Same with a lot of stuff on the BBC, pees me off too.
latest report
Ski Sunday fans might enjoy my recent interview with Chemmy Alcott

http://youtube.com/v/_4f2vWSP0v0
ski holidays
@iainm Great interview.... almost as long as a show but without the rubbish bits! Very Happy
latest report
Thanks @padster. Next up for Ski Sunday fans, I'm interviewing Tim Warwood next week. Let me know if you have any questions you'd particularly like me to ask...
snow report
Cerys Matthews radio 6 programme theme this week is "Ski Sunday" -- not sure why !?!?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music
ski holidays
Makes a change from the Peruvian Nose Flute music she usually plays.
snow report
FWIW I understand that they have a new series producer for this winter and budgets are being squeezed further. So no expensive features that involve flying anyone to the States, Chemmy and Ed will be doing most/all of the features with no/limited screen time for other presenters such as Jenny Jones/Tim Warwood/Aimee Fuller
latest report
If they do SS any cheaper, they'll have to replace the Schladming night race with the round 3 practice sessions for the Guildford Juniors.

The team were talking up Ski Sunday at the ski show they were all sounding quite positive about the events they'd be following, though I can imagine Jonesy will still be wrangling Wilbur.
snow report
I'm feeling that Ski Sunday has had its day. Even if you have to pay the £6.99/month to get the FIS world cup, it's looking worth it to me for the coverage of the races on the day they're run or catch-up. Ski Sunday always had a problem with coverage and what with wanting to do freestyle, world championship, snowboarding and features as well, I feel it's just spread too thin. In recent years, the FIS World Cup coverage has started later and later, missing out all the early races.
snow conditions
I love the Eurosport FIS coverage, I’ve been watching since the days of Maier and Eberharter.

Such a shame about Ski Sunday. Magical memories of David Vine covering a stack of downhill races each season starting with Val I’sere, Val Gardena. Klammer, Zurbriggen, Mueller, Heinzer, with some coverage of Stenmark and women's races. Since then, every time the BBC make cuts, it seems to be low hanging fruit.

In modern times, my preference was the Martin Bell and Ed era, they showed you round famous villages with historical context.
latest report
Snow&skifan wrote:
In modern times, my preference was the Martin Bell and Ed era, they showed you round famous villages with historical context.

I won't tell Graham you said that wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@iainm, I think you should - he'll be used to his brother appearing before him anyway. Very Happy
snow report
Tuned in tonight, switched off when gender identity reared it’s head.
latest report
Back to u tube for skiing
latest report
Woke Sunday Very Happy what with occasional mention of a changing climate.

So back to Fox News for ski coverage.

Until next season’s Ski Sunday.
latest report
I gave up watching when it became about Ed Leigh telling me why I shouldn't go skiing so he could conitine to.
latest report
I’ve found that I have a completely irrational yet strong disliking of Chemmy Alcott’s skiing style when she’s talking to camera.
snow conditions
susieski wrote:

I consider myself largely in the gender critical camp, but if you were offended by that one kid with his 3 second waffle about his (I’m assuming it was a bloke) identity, then can I kindly suggest that your get a grip of yourself and give your head a wobble?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 18-02-24 22:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
susieski wrote:

Yeah, I hate when snowsports makes people feel good about themselves too. One sentence in one feature was enough to upset you? That's more snowflakey than the most snowflakey snowflake who ever snowflaked Laughing
latest report
@SnoodyMcFlude, +1
snow conditions
+2

It is skiing. On the telly. Watch it or lose it to antiques, or house flipping, or slebs, or true crime dramas, or whatever else isn’t snow sports.
ski holidays
Quoite roight - I think it's important to make skiing less diverse.
I would do more plusses but anything more than 2 of anything gets me confused and, therefore, ANGRY.
snow conditions
@susieski, I didn’t notice it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy