Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Watching the Lauberhorn made me feel very nostalgic. Loved skiing in Wengen. Visuall imparted Super G successes were mentioned. It would have been good to have seen them in action.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think many beginners snowplough at 60mph though.... Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Sunday, it’s more like Snowboarding Sunday
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:
Can't believe Matt Chilton said the Slovenian fella was snowploughing like a beginner Laughing

Did he say snowploughing "like a beginner"?

I heard he him "snowplough" and in full commentary on Eurosport he explained a "power plough", touched on by Mr Bell on Ski Sunday.

Did I miss it?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ribblevalleyblue wrote:
Ski Sunday, it’s more like Snowboarding Sunday

Made for a nice change Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@NickYoung, he did. About 15 mins in. Martin Cater’s run.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jonm, OK - missed that then.

FWIW you can ONLY snowplough like a beginner - now I'm in my 50's snowploughs are out of the question - the pain!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
Watching the Lauberhorn made me feel very nostalgic. Loved skiing in Wengen. Visuall imparted Super G successes were mentioned. It would have been good to have seen them in action.

We have had rounds of the disabled world cup here many times, seeing the visually impaired showing 'blind faith' in their guide while following a noise is something else. When I bring intermediates down the Super G course they can't believe it is possible for visually impaired people to get down the slope never mind race down it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fullducknodinner wrote:
skiking69 wrote:
chrisdavis wrote:
I’m really enjoying Graham Bell’s commentary. I just can’t listen to Nick Fellows on Eurosport.

The only benefit to listening to Nick oh oh oh can you believe it Fellows is that he might just choke himself to death live on air screaming about Shiffrin. You certainly don't listen to him for his pronunciations or any insights relating to the actual race as his tune changes all the time as he cannot remember what his been rabbiting on about previously. I do not know how Ed Drake puts up with the blithering biased idiot.

Oh he is so painful to listen to, I do put on mute when she wins like tonight, it's great when she is beat Smile

She's creating history with the fantastic wins, great that she has found her best skiing again after her Father's tragic accident. We are in an era of really good women skiers, Soffia Goggia, Petra Vlhova and Mikaela try and appreciate
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Short clip of me skiing Ovit Mountain, Turkey at the end of the show Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thought the coverage of Wengen DH was good, I enjoyed the run by Graham Bell especially and great to see Austria triumph in front of the Swiss crowd, thought their booing was bad and it was great to see them hushed. The rest of the snowboarding slopestyle and halfpipe I find really boring and of zero interest. I'm sure it is great for the yoof watching but I think they ought to re-title the programme, its not a ski programme anymore, there's so much more they could do with this but i'll not go there again! wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Speaking as a 47yo Yoof, I thoroughly enjoyed the Laax coverage (although Jenny Jones overdub of bits showed her lack of broadcast experience - don't read off the paper; read it, then repeat it!). Nice to hear Bell dust off his old "HIS THIGHS ARE SCREAMING" patter again for Lauberhorn, like you can guarantee him going on about decibels at the Schladming night slalom...

@Mike Pow, assume you'll be wanting your RADA card now.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Speaking as a 47yo Yoof, I thoroughly enjoyed the Laax coverage (although Jenny Jones overdub of bits showed her lack of broadcast experience - don't read off the paper; read it, then repeat it!). Nice to hear Bell dust off his old "HIS THIGHS ARE SCREAMING" patter again for Lauberhorn, like you can guarantee him going on about decibels at the Schladming night slalom...

@Mike Pow, assume you'll be wanting your RADA card now.

I'll settle for my Equity card Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, wasn't the swiss fans booing because Vincent Kriechmayr was racing even though he had tested positive for covid, and arrived late after he quarantined, but had a dispensation to race somehow, i am pretty sure that is what the commentator said.
Though after the recent issue with djokovic, am not sure that would have been the case.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-europe-switzerland-austria-3b447806c891aeb0c34813b3d2f2e583

@Richard_Sideways, +1 regarding Jenny Jones commentary it nearly sent me to sleep!!!
its a shame as when she conducts interviews, they are generally very good.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

its a shame as when she conducts interviews, they are generally very good.

This. Normally really good, and she's a good public speaker too - can only think that she was just reading off a script someone had shoved in her hand last minute.
snow report
@MorningGory, Nordica have been making skis for some years. Enforcers were one of the popular models in previous seasons
ski holidays
Nice to see Bell in action. We don’t want to see a ski tip shot of him though, just the view coming down at a speed I never would. Enjoyed as a skier half of the boarding, not the half pipe though which I find spectacularly boring. Hope he gets to do the Hannenkahm.
snow conditions
Quote:

Bell in action

I thought that was all stock footage they used of Bell going like the clappers (geddit)
ski holidays
https://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/berg/ 50 cms of snow forecast in Kitz this w/e going to be interesting
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
Can't believe Matt Chilton said the Slovenian fella was snowploughing like a beginner Laughing

Tbh, looks way more efficient than doing some "check turns". Good on 'im.
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

Bell in action

I thought that was all stock footage they used of Bell going like the clappers (geddit)

That's what I thought too.
latest report
Tomorrow will be worth tuning in for...
latest report
@mikeycharlton, why, i imagine this week its snow board archery biathlon from morocco...
snow report
@hobbiteater, unlikely
ski holidays
Bet they only show the downhill action. rolling eyes
snow report
@mikeycharlton, i dont think the slalom will change anything
snow conditions
hobbiteater wrote:
@mikeycharlton, i dont think the slalom will change anything

you're not expecting them to show it?
ski holidays
Think they'll show Kitz slalom with Dave Ryding Gold. And so appropriate. A century of slalom was celebrated on the slopes at Muerren last Monday, where it was all started by Sir Arnold Lunn. One of the message tributes was from Dave, another from Sir Arnold's great grandson who was there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
colinstone wrote:
Think they'll show Kitz slalom with Dave Ryding Gold. And so appropriate. A century of slalom was celebrated on the slopes at Muerren last Monday, where it was all started by Sir Arnold Lunn. One of the message tributes was from Dave, another from Sir Arnold's great grandson who was there.

It’ll be 15 minutes on the FIS Alpine Slalom race. Then 45 minutes of Freestyle interviews, clips, with maximum use of the terms “bro”, “wicked” and “radical”.

Wink

Dave Ryding, the legend!!!
snow report
achilles wrote:

They might show more of the Para worlds this week. There’s been more successes this week. On top of Dave winning in Kitzbuhel, we had a gold in the VI slalom today with Menna Fitzpatrick.
latest report
i found out that "rocket ryding" won today whilst buying new skis in ski bartlett this afternoon, i overheard the shop staff and another customer talking about it, and joined in the conversation.

i assumed that it would be announced on the sports news on BBC, Nada, not a thing!!!!

its not as if we win a FIS world cup race on a weekly basis, FFS!!!!!!

plenty of coverage of a brit tennis player being knocked out of the aussie open though Puzzled
ski holidays
Front page on the BBC now. Fantastic result!
ski holidays
It was on the main news at 5 & 6o’clock on Radio4
latest report
Tonight’s ski Sunday should be the slalom and downhill. Nothing else, except a Dave interview. Turn next week over to snowboarding by all means, but this week is about Dave!
ski holidays
twoodwar wrote:
Tonight’s ski Sunday should be the slalom and downhill. Nothing else, except a Dave interview. Turn next week over to snowboarding by all means, but this week is about Dave!

This.

They should rename tonight’s show “DAVE”.
snow report
Doesn't he have a whole channel already?
ski holidays
Started now.

Excited.
ski holidays
Don’t tell me they’re leading with the downhill? rolling eyes

Edit. No. Thank god.
snow report
Just watched him. My slight association is that I come from a village about 15 miles from Dave's village, near Preston. Apparently he skied at Pendle (as in Hill) dry slope which I never used but have seen it. Well done Dave!
snow report
@billb, that's why his story is so remarkable
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy