Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Germany imposes new quarantine requirements on UK travellers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@peter2512, This is the current regs for entering Austria from Ireland

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-dublin/travel-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-information/

(I haven't read it all, but sound like it is 3rd booster OR a negative PCR)

This bit is also relevant to you

"..Minors up until the 12th birthday who travel with a grown-up person neither need proof of vaccination, of recovery or a negative test. For them the same rules apply regarding quarantine and registration as for the grown-up they are travelling with..."
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@peter2512, This is https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/visa-service/EinreiseUndAufenthalt#content_0 an explanation of the German entry regulations (much simpler than the Austrian ones!). Note lateral flow ones are fine as long as it is 48 hours before arrival in Germany, PCR is 48 hours before flight departure (if you are transiting you arguably dont need the tests but sure much easier to have them)

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 4-01-22 12:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah that is what i thought Munich Irish, for the sake of the price of 2 LFT and an easier time i will get them for the under 12s. I will just have to drink a few less beers. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The gov uk requirements updated today state that all passengers need a pcr to enter from uk even if vaccinated as a high risk country. All the German sources say no test required if double vaccinated. Anyone know for sure or can cast any light on this please?
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/germany/entry-requirements
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The ban on transit by Car has disappeared from the entry requirements mentioned on the German Embassy website (as expected, following todays new Regs..)

https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/coronavirus?openAccordionId=item-2453922-2-panel

====================

@Dd4, Have a read of the information in my link above. Seems to me that fully vacced do not need PCR

"Travellers must present proof of vaccination, proof of having recovered from the virus, OR a negative Covid-19 test before entering the country.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
albob wrote:
The ban on transit by Car has disappeared from the entry requirements mentioned on the German Embassy website (as expected, following todays new Regs..)

====================

@Dd4, Have a read of the information in my link above. Seems to me that fully vacced do not need PCR

"Travellers must present proof of vaccination, proof of having recovered from the virus, OR a negative Covid-19 test before entering the country.

Yes the Germany guidance has since been corrected this evening in gov uk
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dd4 wrote:
albob wrote:

====================

Yes the Germany guidance has since been corrected this evening in gov uk
. Thanks
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dd4, Hard to keep up !!! (talk about a 'fluid' situation.....)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is there anything to lose by registering at https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de unnecessarily, ie as a belt and braces approach, for example when laying over in Germany for a couple of hours - arriving from UK and heading out from Germany to Canada? It seems clear (ish) that I don' t need to register as the second bullet, under 'do I need to provide my details' says.

"If, for the purpose of border traffic, you spent less than 24 hours in a risk area or are only entering the Federal Republic of Germany for up to 24 hours."

The second half of this, "or are only entering the Federal Republic of Germany for up to 24 hours", suggests I don't need to register.

Tempted to do it anyway so I don't get denied boarding on the connecting flight from LHR to FRA - is there any downside to doing this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Snowsartre, you dont need the form for transiting, especially if you dont leave the airport. However my experience (and others) is that Lufthansa pretty much demand the form to issue a boarding pass. I am sure you can show the check in people that you are transiting (they can see the ticket!) but given it is such a simple form it isnt much grief to do, just give your address in Germany as the airport you are flying in to.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
munich_irish wrote:
@Snowsartre, you dont need the form for transiting, especially if you dont leave the airport. However my experience (and others) is that Lufthansa pretty much demand the form to issue a boarding pass. I am sure you can show the check in people that you are transiting (they can see the ticket!) but given it is such a simple form it isnt much grief to do, just give your address in Germany as the airport you are flying in to.

BA the same too. Personally I think it safer to complete the form than risk being denied boarding (wrongly).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy