Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
@viciousvulture,

See @pejoli’s post just above.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I apologise now if this question has been answered elsewhere but my little brain is overwhelmed by all the form filling and requirements necessary to get to the Dolomites next Saturday.

Right my question is about the EU/Italian PLF that I have attempted to complete but have not submitted yet. After I do submit it what kind of response should I expect? Is there a confirmation/rejection email, do I have to print out the form or is there yet another QR code produced?

TIA for any help on this
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No response to any EU PLF.
Also I found Chrome does not work for the EU PLF, so I used Firefox or Edge.
I suggest printing out the form, but nobody will look at it and AFAICT it doesn't go anywhere anyway Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So the validity is from the date of the LAST dose (including booster) as opposed to the SECOND dose? I suspect some people may be nearing 9 months since their second dose
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
viciousvulture wrote:
So the validity is from the date of the LAST dose (including booster) as opposed to the SECOND dose? I suspect some people may be nearing 9 months since their second dose

Each dose supersedes the last so validity is based on the date of the latest dose you had
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CP wrote:
I apologise now if this question has been answered elsewhere but my little brain is overwhelmed by all the form filling and requirements necessary to get to the Dolomites next Saturday.

Right my question is about the EU/Italian PLF that I have attempted to complete but have not submitted yet. After I do submit it what kind of response should I expect? Is there a confirmation/rejection email, do I have to print out the form or is there yet another QR code produced?

TIA for any help on this

You can go back in to amend or submit at any time. Once submitted, you receive an email with a QR code. From your account there is also an option to download a PDF copy.

I did a download & printed it off just for ease rather than having to hand over multiple phones. In fact, once printed I realised I’d made a mistake on the form & was able to go back in, amend, resubmit & download the correct one.

I’m off on the 23rd so I’m happy that’s one thing on the list ticked off.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CP wrote:

TIA for any help on this

Did mine yesterday (for travel on the 29th) - received an email shortly afterwards with yet another QR code.. :: As a belts and braces man, I am printing everything out - might need extra baggage allowance !!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm going to the Dolomites via Innsbruck with Crystal and was wondering if I need to fill in two PLFs?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snaffy, Have read of the PDF on this page -- https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/

it makes no mention of a PLF for Austria
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pejoli, Where is this info from please:

Not quite. The rules for Italy are that you are eligible for the super green pass for
- day 15 after the first dose date up to day 42 (if Pfizer/Moderna), or day 84 (AZ).
- immediately after dose two (and subsequent booster) valid for 270 days (soon reduced to 180 days) after they’ve been administered
- immediately after a recovery certificate is issued, valid for 180 days.

My son can have his second jab on 9th feb and we travel to italy on the 13th. I was under the impression the second jab would not be "recognised" for a min 7 days. is that wrong?? There's the other issue of how quickly a letter would come confirming his second dose but that's a different headache!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Your timings are even tighter than ours. Youngest has second jab booked 27th. Final payments on accom 4th feb. Go 18th. I asked about time from requesting letter for 2nd jab qr code for teenagers earlier and was told 7-8days.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pretty sure it's 15 days after jab that the code becomes valid. No way around this unless you can request to vacc sooner. JCVI advice is for 8 to 12 week gap but health authorities up here are all saying after 12 weeks. I've heard a few cases where folk have been done earlier.
Just heard from NHS that Scotland are in the process of developing digital solution for proof of recovery but no timescales confirmed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scottishandy wrote:

Just heard from NHS that Scotland are in the process of developing digital solution for proof of recovery but no timescales confirmed.

Interesting. Is this for children/teens? And is this beyond the recovery QR codes that are in the latest versions of the NHS Scotland COVID Status app? They gave me green ticks in the Austrian checking app.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was a friend who spoke to them. Yes for teens. How do you get a recovery code in the app at the moment?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@scottishandy, log in, go to the ‘International Travel’ section, and all your jabs, negative tests and recovery (recent positive tests) should be there. If you don’t see it, you may need to update the app. FYI I am on the iOS app.
ski holidays
@albob, thank you.
ski holidays
susieq78 wrote:

Not quite. The rules for Italy are that you are eligible for the super green pass for
- day 15 after the first dose date up to day 42 (if Pfizer/Moderna), or day 84 (AZ).
- immediately after dose two (and subsequent booster) valid for 270 days (soon reduced to 180 days) after they’ve been administered

My son can have his second jab on 9th feb and we travel to italy on the 13th. I was under the impression the second jab would not be "recognised" for a min 7 days. is that wrong?? There's the other issue of how quickly a letter would come confirming his second dose but that's a different headache!

I think there is a distinct time difference between the vaccination being ‘valid’ domestically as opposed to for travel.

The qr code appeared for my 16 year old 2 or 3 days after the second jab - for the ‘travel’ code. I didn’t check if there was a ‘domestic’ qr code at that time though.
ski holidays
Homey wrote:
susieq78 wrote:

I think there is a distinct time difference between the vaccination being ‘valid’ domestically as opposed to for travel.

The qr code appeared for my 16 year old 2 or 3 days after the second jab - for the ‘travel’ code. I didn’t check if there was a ‘domestic’ qr code at that time though.

Here’s the post with the details of the super green pass rules (the link to it is in the post following - translate it, and go to the second page)
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157244&start=40#4871768

In short, you have to wait 15 days before the first dose will give you a green tick, but for subsequent certificates, as soon as the travel qr code is available from the nhs app, it should work.
snow report
Hi. We are off to Corvara this Saturday and I’m still struggling with the whole green pass thing.

I’ve read this thread but am still not sure how to present our vaccination pass. Last year when we went to France we just installed the French Covid Pass, Scanned our UK vaccination QR code and it then worked perfectly. Does Italy have a similar App? Someone suggested: Save the NHS QR code on your phone for easy offline access AND print it to save time at airports, etc. OK that sounds simple but how do you do this on android? I can only get a PDF with 3 lots of QR codes. I can print the PDF but don’t really want to have this in my pocket all day skiing?

Sorry if I sound thick but I would just like to get my phone out – press 1 button and show a QR code (like we did in France!)
snow report
Quote:

I’m still struggling with the whole green pass thing.

+1
latest report
Rob D wrote:
Hi. We are off to Corvara this Saturday and I’m still struggling with the whole green pass thing.

I’ve read this thread but am still not sure how to present our vaccination pass. Last year when we went to France we just installed the French Covid Pass, Scanned our UK vaccination QR code and it then worked perfectly. Does Italy have a similar App? Someone suggested: Save the NHS QR code on your phone for easy offline access AND print it to save time at airports, etc. OK that sounds simple but how do you do this on android? I can only get a PDF with 3 lots of QR codes. I can print the PDF but don’t really want to have this in my pocket all day skiing?

Sorry if I sound thick but I would just like to get my phone out – press 1 button and show a QR code (like we did in France!)

Tousanticovid should work. If you want an Italian app, there is GreenPass Italia. You can check your QR is valid with the VerificaC19 app. All these are on iPhone. Not sure about Android
ski holidays
@ma94jcg, You will also need the Dolomitie app. Add your lift pass number. validate your QR code to reactivate your lift pass every morning.

Apparently very easy. takes 1 minute.

@Rob D, you can use any of the European apps to store your QR code. You only need your latest QR code. Ignore the others.

If you have a laminator, cut out a copy of the code and stick it in your sleeve pocket with your lift pass as a backup. will save getting your phone out of an inside pocket.

Update on the Dolomitie thread from @Harrow Lady in Alta Badia. daily update of ski pass is easy. 1 minute. slopes quiet. masks being enforced. checking passes in villages, but not on mountain.
ski holidays
Quote:

masks being enforced

Is mask wearing required whilst actually skiiing - or just when you're in the queues, on the lifts etc. when you're on the slopes?
snow report
Ok so I have managed to get the Green Pass and yes that works. I will also laminate a copy just in case. Thanks, folks. Now for some skiing at last Happy
snow conditions
We were in Corvara at Christmas - the restaurants use the VerificaC19 app which works fine on Android and iPhone. It's all in Italian but it runs in 3 modes:
BASE = Green pass - so works with Double Vaccine, Recovery or a negative test
RAFFORZATA = Enhanced, or Super Green Pass - only works with Double Vaccine or Recovery - NOT a negative test. This is the mode the restaurants use and from today (Jan 10th) the lift passes have moved to Super Green
BOOSTER = booster jab

Once you are there you use the Dolomiti Superski app as other have said above - you just need to put the pass next to your phone (like paying for something contactless) and it picks it up. For the QR code it works off your camera or the Photo Gallery in your phone - so you can screen shot a QR code and then use that. Better still get a pdf file saved on your phone and use that. You need to revalidate every day but once you've done it once it's easy. You can have unlimited passes on your phone so our hotel owner actually did the whole hotel every day - or you do it for your whole family etc.
ski holidays
DidierCouch wrote:
@scottishandy, log in, go to the ‘International Travel’ section, and all your jabs, negative tests and recovery (recent positive tests) should be there. If you don’t see it, you may need to update the app. FYI I am on the iOS app.

Thank you so much for this - it worked (for a 17 year old) so we are back on again. Hours on the phone to covid helplines weren't able to tell us this!
snow conditions
scottishandy wrote:
DidierCouch wrote:

Thank you so much for this - it worked (for a 17 year old) so we are back on again. Hours on the phone to covid helplines weren't able to tell us this!

Glad to hear it helped. The information that it exists is well hidden for some reason!

One word of warning is that the app depends on a data connection - I almost had a situation in an Italian hut where I couldn't show the QR code because of this. There is an Austrian Red Cross Green Pass app where you can store QR codes which persist, that was a reasonable back up when away (as well as paper copies, but don't fold the QR code Embarassed )
snow conditions
Yeah have seen some chat about this. Will get an offline version stored and try and print and laminate a copy too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
petes wrote:
Quote:

masks being enforced

Is mask wearing required whilst actually skiiing - or just when you're in the queues, on the lifts etc. when you're on the slopes?

Yes, while skiing, eating, drinking and (in the latest announcement) sleeping! Shocked

On a serious note... they weren't required while we were on the slopes in Cervinia last week. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Gov site just updated: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/coronavirus

Looks to be details around mask use & eating food in enclosed places... no changes to the test entry requirements
ski holidays
Interesting. The regional info says

"Wearing masks outdoor and indoor is compulsory, except for children up to 6 years of age, for playing sports, for those with chronic illness or disabilities not compatible with the use of masks"

So, I guess it depends on whether skiing counts as playing sport.
ski holidays
the rules in Italy were updated today (10th Jan) but announced last week. The rules are that you should wear a mask outdoors when you can't maintain social distance (it specifically uses Piazzas, markets etc as examples of where you must wear a mask). So don't ski too close to anyone and you'll be ok Very Happy

they also stipulate you can't eat or drink on the street, in Piazzas etc which i assume is to prevent people trying to circumnavigate the rules.

edit
was in rush earlier and didn't notice that the website I use also has an English version ! it's the Alto-Adige region which pretty much covers the Dolomites
am posting the links for the English version in case their useful
https://www.south-tirol.com/useful-information/coronavirus
https://www.south-tirol.com/winter-sports/skiing/green-pass-on-the-ski-slopes

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 11-01-22 1:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Thanks all for the great info in this thread!

For anyone going via Innsbruck, I received this useful email from Crystal to confirm we only need to follow Italian entry requirements (including really ominous question marks at the end haha):

Crystal Ski wrote:

06-Jan-2022

Dear XXXX

We recently emailed you to confirm that the current Austrian entry requirements don't apply to customers flying to Austria and heading straight to your resort in Italy.

This remains the case and your holiday will go ahead as planned.

We need to let you know that at your UK departure airport, you'll need to show your booking confirmation as proof that your holiday is in Italy. To help speed up this process, the airport staff recommend taking a printed copy.

Your booking confirmation was emailed to you shortly after you booked. Or, if you log into the 'manage booking' section of our website, you'll find a link to 'view booking confirmation'.

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-holidays/your-account/managemybooking/login/

If you don't have this, you'll be subject to the Austrian entry requirements, so please be sure to have your booking confirmation available.

We're look forward to welcoming you to the mountains soon.?
?
Your Crystal team?

And they have a section in their FAQs about filling in the Italian PLF for those flying direct to Italy or via Innsbruck: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/covid-19-faqs/#cmsitem_00362390-accordionComponent

Best of luck everyone! I've bought FFP2 masks, booked pre- and post-trip lateral flow/antigen tests, tried out the VerificaC19 app verification, filled in the Italian PLF and got too familiar with the Sellaronda on Google maps. Just need to book some refresher lessons then am ready to go!
ski holidays
Quote:

for those flying direct to Italy or via Innsbruck: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/covid-19-faqs/#cmsitem_00362390-accordionComponent

Best of luck everyone!

Useful thanks.

Another useful link for those going on The Italian Job…

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-100122-at-1448.pdf
ski holidays
@forwardrupert, Laughing at those questions. Let’s hope it is just unprintable characters
latest report
Can those travelling to Italy via Innsbruck just using a Lateral Flow please post on here and let us know how u got on ? Thanks
latest report
Does anyone know, definitely, when the vaccine validity changes from 270 to 180 days? Can’t find it. Post above just says ‘soon’. Is it now? I’m over 180 days and still getting a green tick on the scanner. Puzzled

Edit. Mr calder in the independent says ‘from february’.
snow report
@kittya, When are you travelling ? :: 180 days come into force on the 1st Feb

https://italygreenpass.com/new-decree-on-super-green-pass-restrictions/

That is for the Super Green Pass - not sure if the older Green Pass is still allowed..
ski holidays
@albob, thanks for that. Should just about make it. Last day in italy 30th Jan.

Nothing i can do about it apart from hope it’s not brought forward. Eek.
ski holidays
Spyglass wrote:
Can those travelling to Italy via Innsbruck just using a Lateral Flow please post on here and let us know how u got on ? Thanks

Due to various issues will be trying this Saturday
It was not my initial plan but due to a c***up on my part we are going with this
I have had e-mail from tour op confirming it is allowed
Will update either from Italy (or home if it all goes wrong) after Saturday
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy