Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
Scarlet wrote:
Looking into a trip to Italy, I saw from the regulations that “masks are mandatory outside” (also inside, but that I can understand). I've not crossed the border for a while, so I'm wondering is anyone taking taking this seriously? Is it enforced? I'm not talking about in queues or crowds, but just generally.

I’m just keeping an eye on the webcams & have purchased some FFP2 masks & sew free buttons for helmet straps.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chuckles3, I live in Austria, I have a pile of FFP2 masks and a knack for putting them on/off for the gondola, and I don't have a problem with that. I can't imagine anyone is skiing in a mask unless it is very cold. My query is more regarding standing around in the fresh air, where I don't want to be wearing a mask of any type.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet wrote:
@Chuckles3, I live in Austria, I have a pile of FFP2 masks and a knack for putting them on/off for the gondola, and I don't have a problem with that. I can't imagine anyone is skiing in a mask unless it is very cold. My query is more regarding standing around in the fresh air, where I don't want to be wearing a mask of any type.

Ah, OK. I absolutely don’t disagree with what you are saying & it’s common sense not to have to wear them, but we’re working on the basis, if they say we have to, we’ll be prepared & will do so. I guess it’s a small sacrifice to be able to ski. In January, I’m always buffed & goggled up anyway so I don’t see it making much difference. I might feel differently on our March trip though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bagel wrote:
Just spent a week in Madonna over the New Year period. Had to link the ski pass daily, was an absolute doddle and took about 2 minutes on a morning. This has to be done daily otherwise the pass won’t work at the barrier for the lifts.

Hi,
its good to hear it worked well.

Did you buy the pass or go through a TO ? if you bought yourself were you able to just turn up or did you have to buy online ? sorry for the Qs but I have the unenviable task of arranging a trip with friends and have been to the resort before am expected to know everything Very Happy
cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need to only google for the Contact number for the resort you are going to and phone them up. They have to have somebody speaking English.

I cannot see how they can actually scan vacc certificate QR codes at the base of every lift, all the time. At Cervinia, they could do it on the first lift of the day (the big gondola; takes about 30) because there is a queue there anyway at that point. But the throughput of the rest of the place would plummet. There is exactly ONE guy at each chairlift who is 100% watching people getting on it, checking nobody got their legs caught, hasn't dropped a pole, etc, with one hand hovering on the STOP button, and to also check certs they would need additional 2-3 people at each chairlift. And that is for the depressed current numbers.

In the town, a different story. Expect 100% QR checks for all indoor stuff.

I can believe checks at the base lift, but not so many people ski back to that one (depending on where).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
richb67 wrote:
Bagel wrote:
Just spent a week in Madonna over the New Year period. Had to link the ski pass daily, was an absolute doddle and took about 2 minutes on a morning. This has to be done daily otherwise the pass won’t work at the barrier for the lifts.

Hi,
its good to hear it worked well.

Did you buy the pass or go through a TO ? if you bought yourself were you able to just turn up or did you have to buy online ? sorry for the Qs but I have the unenviable task of arranging a trip with friends and have been to the resort before am expected to know everything Very Happy
cheers

Hi, can’t really help there as we got our ski pass through Crystal.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chuckles3 wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
Looking into a trip to Italy, I saw from the regulations that “masks are mandatory outside” (also inside, but that I can understand). I've not crossed the border for a while, so I'm wondering is anyone taking taking this seriously? Is it enforced? I'm not talking about in queues or crowds, but just generally.

I’m just keeping an eye on the webcams & have purchased some FFP2 masks & sew free buttons for helmet straps.

I have done the same, but also booked a Holiday to the Dolomites!!.... Smile

(now I can stop looking at the 'France Updates.....' thread Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peter Stevens wrote:
You need to only google for the Contact number for the resort you are going to and phone them up. They have to have somebody speaking English.

I cannot see how they can actually scan vacc certificate QR codes at the base of every lift, all the time. At Cervinia, they could do it on the first lift of the day (the big gondola; takes about 30) because there is a queue there anyway at that point. But the throughput of the rest of the place would plummet. There is exactly ONE guy at each chairlift who is 100% watching people getting on it, checking nobody got their legs caught, hasn't dropped a pole, etc, with one hand hovering on the STOP button, and to also check certs they would need additional 2-3 people at each chairlift. And that is for the depressed current numbers.

In the town, a different story. Expect 100% QR checks for all indoor stuff.

I can believe checks at the base lift, but not so many people ski back to that one (depending on where).

Currently in cervinia and you're right. Although there are green pass scanners at the bigger lifts they're certainly not policed! They are fairly hot on the ffp2 masks though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the LFT test for entry, does this need to be one of the "supervised" ones I can order? Or can I use any LFT from the from the list of approved suppliers?

Are those approved by UK government acceptable to Italy?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick heads up re the VerifaC19 app

Just downloaded my latest NHS QR code for the Bbash and tried to verify it in the app

The app now has a third option to scan, (specifically for the booster I think), but you need to update the app for it to work.
Straight forward. you just have to press the accept button.
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Just downloaded my latest NHS QR code for the Bbash and tried to verify it in the app

The app now has a third option to scan, (specifically for the booster I think), but you need to update the app for it to work.
Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@brianatab,

You clearly prefer the ‘scattergun’ technique when it comes to the dissemination of useful information Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, I’ve just booked a trip to Italy for next week. And starting the admin/test stuff. What is BBash and do I need it?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kimski44, Birthday Bash Wink

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154882 :: Birthday Bash thread

Admin would say you need it !! Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Red Leon, Always trying to be helpful. Cool Cool
snow conditions
One last ask before my mate and his son have to cancel coming to Cervinia with us for scottish half term. Has anyone found a way to get a proof of recovery qr code in the UK which is recognised by VerifaC19?
Snowheads are our final hope. Puzzled
snow conditions
@scottishandy, there is some talk about this here -- https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157863

I have read on here that the NHS app is sufficient for use in Italy, so maybe you do not need the Verifiac19 app ?

this might be useful https://italygreenpass.com/faq/

I am assuming the you child has a QR code from the NHS

==================== edit ===========

posted elsewhere by @brianatab regarding the verifac19 app

"The supergreen pass holds a copy your QR code so that it is easily accessible. When someone needs to check the pass, they scan it with the verifaC19 app, which tells them if the code is valid.

You don't actually need the verifaC19 app, but it is a free useful tool to check that your codes are ok.."

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 8-01-22 17:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
The teenager (17) has had 1 vacc but can't get 2nd cause he had covid 6 weeks ago. Need 2 vacc or proof of recovery QR for super green pass. Website listed says NHS does not provide these codes at present. Rather frustrating!
snow report
Ahh --
ski holidays
Sorry if this has been done already. We are due to head out to Cervinia (or Madonna, not 100% sure yet) mid feb from Scotland. Is the NHS Scotland Covid status app being accepted in resorts or do we need to try and get a UK version? TIA
snow conditions
Yes Scottish app qr codes work, need booster for super green pass for adults, 2nd vac for kids and teens. You can download VerificaC19 app to confirm for yourself.
latest report
scottishandy wrote:
Yes Scottish app qr codes work, need booster for super green pass for adults, 2nd vac for kids and teens. You can download VerificaC19 app to confirm for yourself.

Do you have a link to needing a booster for Italy?????
I thought it was just double jabbed at the moment???
Thnaks
latest report
brianatab wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

I’ve just tried the Verifac19 app - it’s in Italian can’t see anywhere to change language - anyway it gave a green tick for booster but a red cross for does 1 and 2, does it only recognise the validity of the latest dose?
snow conditions
Hi,
I wrote some instructions for the app somewhere but it even took me a while to find it so have copied below

ou need to make sure you've chosen the right option. depending on when you had your 2nd dose that should be ok for super-green pass and the booster QR should work for all 3 so just use that...

---

It's in Italian and used to be very simple but is now a little more complex but there are only two buttons at the bottom.

The first gives you the option of which level of pass is required (BASE = normal green pass, RAFFORZATA = super green pass, BOOSTER = err, self explanatory !) so choose the one you want then click the button "SCANSIONA IL QR CODE". On first use you will probably need to click something to allow the app to use the camera and if it prompts you for a "Scarica ora" (or similar, it means download) allow it so it can update the database it uses. Honestly it's easier than it sounds !
snow report
neilkav wrote:
brianatab wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

I’ve just tried the Verifac19 app - it’s in Italian can’t see anywhere to change language - anyway it gave a green tick for booster but a red cross for does 1 and 2, does it only recognise the validity of the latest dose?

Yes, you are right.
We have just tried that and it is the latest, in date, qr code that gets you a green tick - double jabbed is ok (at the moment) for anyone else who might need that confirmed.
latest report
Sorry my bad, the issue for some might be that there is a new rule saying that the vaccine must be within the last 6 months. My second was 8 months ago therfore need to use my booster.
latest report
Always use the latest code. Booster if you've had it.

The verifaC19 app uses simple if/and/or programing for set parameters.

Checks for a booster, (3/3) or date of 2nd vaccine,(2/2, and No.days) then says yes or no. If it only finds 1/1, just rejects it.
ski holidays
Green pass requirements (what you can do and what you can not.)

https://italygreenpass.com/super-green-pass-requirements-chart/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
albob wrote:

posted elsewhere by @brianatab regarding the verifac19 app

"The supergreen pass holds a copy your QR code so that it is easily accessible. When someone needs to check the pass, they scan it with the verifaC19 app, which tells them if the code is valid.
.."

I’m still confused by this idea of a “super green pass (which) holds a copy of your QR code”
The Italians use VerificaC19 to check an NHS QR code but the app doesn’t ‘hold a copy’. If your QR code is accepted, VerificaC19 displays a big green tick - that’s the “Super green pass” AIUI
So, is there another Italian app I’ve not found yet?
ski holidays
@scottishandy, From the above link:

"The super green pass is valid for nine months from the time of the most recent vaccination for those fully vaccinated (two doses or more), through January 31, 2022. Starting February 1, 2021, super green pass validity will be reduced to six months from the time of the most recent vaccination.

Recovery certificates will continue to be valid for six months from the validity start date on the certificate."

This reduction is really going to cause a few problems shortly. What happens when the boosters start getting more than 6 month old? I had mine 1st October. Would be banned from Italy from 1st April. But no European Country has yet announced any plans for a fourth dose. Latest medical advice (last week) was that it wouldn't be necessary. Puzzled

In any event, NO European Country has the capacity to vaccinate it's entire population every 6 months Puzzled
latest report
Thanks for all the answers everyone - so i understand now that the verifac19 app only needs to see your latest jab in our case boosters. Eh oh!

Still slightly confused but super green pass and green pass Eh oh! Eh oh!

There are 2 apps on apple as far as I can see

1. Green Pass (pic is a wallet with QR code) - this app is Italian only AFICT?

2. Super Green Pass (pic is a big white tick on green background) - this has english

We are due in colfosco on 15/1 - so do we actually need one of this apps to show our Covid QRs? Or as some have said is the NHS UK app sufficient to show QR codes for vac status? Sorry Eh oh!
snow report
@neilkav,

You don’t need either of those apps.
Save the NHS QR code on your phone for easy off-line access AND print it to save time at airports, etc.
ski holidays
@Red Leon, I am coming to that conclusion :: all you need is the NHS QR app/code ::
forget about the verifac19 app (it just confirms that your QR code works)
ski holidays
scottishandy wrote:
The teenager (17) has had 1 vacc but can't get 2nd cause he had covid 6 weeks ago. Need 2 vacc or proof of recovery QR for super green pass. Website listed says NHS does not provide these codes at present. Rather frustrating!

Have a read of this :: https://amblondra.esteri.it/ambasciata_londra/en/ambasciata/ufficio-stampa/news/2020/03/covid-19-avviso-per-i-cittadini.html :: Google will translate

"CHILDREN
Testing
- Children aged 5 or under are exempt from all tests;
- Those aged 6 to 17 must take a test (unless they meet the criteria described in the "Exemptions" section above)

Quarantine
- Children aged 5 or under are exempt from quarantine if they are travelling with a parent who is not required to quarantine;
- Those aged 6 to 17 are also exempt from quarantine if they are travelling with a parent who is not required to quarantine. However, they must still take a test (unless they meet the criteria described in the "Exemptions" section above). If they do not take a test, they must quarantine, even if their parent does not have to quarantine (art. 8, section 3 of the Ordinance of 22 October 2021).."

My read of that is - the 17 year old has the same status as the Adult (for entry to Italy) ::

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 9-01-22 0:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Cheers, we do know about this but his dad is not willing to go through the testing rigmarole every couple of days because if it doesn't work out for whatever reason then days of skiing are lost. Just adds too much stress and uncertainty to a "holiday"!
latest report
@scottishandy, Yep -- is all to complicated !!! ::
at 17, they have plenty of time to go skiing
at 71, my skiing time is limited (which is why I will jump through hoops to get there..!)
snow report
You're doing well to be jumping through hoops and skiing at 71. Laughing
latest report
neilkav wrote:
brianatab wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

Not quite. The rules for Italy are that you are eligible for the super green pass for
- day 15 after the first dose date up to day 42 (if Pfizer/Moderna), or day 84 (AZ).
- immediately after dose two (and subsequent booster) valid for 270 days (soon reduced to 180 days) after they’ve been administered
- immediately after a recovery certificate is issued, valid for 180 days.

So when you show the VerificaC19 app one of the qr codes that the NHS app produces on your travel Covid pass, it checks the date and type of the dose, and applies those rules - if it’s in the timeframe for that certificate I mit passes (green tick), or fails (Red Cross).

In practical terms - just use the most recent dose qr code, though your recovery code may expire after six months, and your second/booster dose could still be current, in which case use that. It also means for a small window between days 15 and 42 a 16-18 year old with one qr code will also qualify.

To the other questions: you don’t need any app such as green pass italia, you just need to be able to show the qr code to be scanned by whatever means. You might find those apps useful as an alternative to Apple wallet or a link / image to the qr pdf - I don’t see the point personally, but your mileage might vary.
snow report
Red Leon wrote:
@neilkav,

You don’t need either of those apps.
Save the NHS QR code on your phone for easy off-line access AND print it to save time at airports, etc.

Brilliant thanks
snow conditions
Are there any requirements for a booster either for entry in Italy or for the super green pass. My understanding is it's just your two vaccinations and this is valid for 9 months (dropping to 6 months from Feb 2022)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy