Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
@Chuckles3, Thanks for the heads up, I'll try again tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chuckles3 wrote:
@Paul33, Sadly I think that’s a system blip. When I downloaded it via the laptop to print, the old last page was still there. If you do a new one, there’s a new declaration you have to click on. I’ve redone them just to be on the safe side.

I didn't have that problem - just opened the saved PLFs and clicked through to find the new declaration there. No need to start a new one.
All printed off in the unlikely event that the transfer bus gets stopped at the Brenner Pass.
Now to set up our equally pointless UK PLFs so there's less to do in our last couple of days in Alta Badia.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agw wrote:
Chuckles3 wrote:
@Paul33, Sadly I think that’s a system blip. When I downloaded it via the laptop to print, the old last page was still there. If you do a new one, there’s a new declaration you have to click on. I’ve redone them just to be on the safe side.

I didn't have that problem - just opened the saved PLFs and clicked through to find the new declaration there. No need to start a new one.
All printed off in the unlikely event that the transfer bus gets stopped at the Brenner Pass.
Now to set up our equally pointless UK PLFs so there's less to do in our last couple of days in Alta Badia.

Same for me, just went in and amended it
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all for the comments. I went back to my PLF this morning, updated it and submitted - and yes, there is a declaration section today. Not sure what happened yesterday. The PDF has three pages, properly numbered accordingly.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Paul33, Good news! Clearly it just threw a wobbly with me yesterday. No bother, took less than 5 mins to redo.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any latest from new returnees, or anyone in Resorts would be welcome. We’re off this weekend. In particular Cervinia.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 10-03-22 8:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@twoodwar, a nurse at Turin airport asked to see my vaccination certificate and PLF but it was random as others weren’t asked. In Monterosa ppf2 masks normally enforced in cable cars, gondolas not so much and chairs not at all. Rifugios appear to be fairly relaxed with no actual enforcement but I’ve been trying to respect their expectations and will wear one when entering.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@motyl, cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am in the dolomites..(Campitello) and masks seem to be needed if you are on a non chair lift and in hotels ...but I would suggest that buy some as you need FFP2 masks not the blue ones as used in the UK ....I would also recommend that anyone coming to Italy downloads the GreenPass as you can link it to local aps like the Dolomiti Superski one as you have to validate your lift pass every day
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DaveD, my understanding is that the NHS Covid pass is equivalent to/accepted as the Italian "Super Green Pass". Are you saying that there is another "Green Pass" that we should have? I thought the "Green Pass" was something you could have after a negative test, but we're not testing now?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Yoda, just show the NHS pass for travel. It scans directly on the apps used in Italy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from La Thuile last week. You need a FFP2 mask for the flight & indoor areas until seated. We just had to flash our NHS QR code at the main lift in the morning & that was it. All very relaxed Eh oh!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
anyone have any idea of whats beyond the 31st March - RE Super Green Pass.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh & despite when we went that we had to test to travel-no one checked our Covid pass, Randox result or PLF when we arrived & PLF wasn’t checked back at Manchester airport either!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yoda wrote:
@DaveD, my understanding is that the NHS Covid pass is equivalent to/accepted as the Italian "Super Green Pass". Are you saying that there is another "Green Pass" that we should have? I thought the "Green Pass" was something you could have after a negative test, but we're not testing now?

All I am trying to say is that the Italian Green pass connects directly with the Dolomiti Superski ap. and you can easily validate the lift pass .. which you have to do every day otherwise it doesn't work
latest report
Yoda wrote:

The QR code from the NHS is all you need (provided it is in date).
If in the Dolomiti Ski area, you have the option to use the Dolomiti app on your phone to validate the lift pass each day. It was actually easy to do and if you have saved a screenshot of the QR code, it just takes less than 5 seconds to do, even for a dinosaur like me
ski holidays
Indeed, all you need is the NHS QR code, but the 'Green Pass' app was easier to use than firing up the NHS app

https://greenpassapp.eu/
snow report
I printed out the QR code and put them in little id card holders i bought from WHSmiths

latest report
Thank you all for the replies - my NHS pass is in my Apple Wallet which seems to me to be as accessible as any app - but should that prove not to be the case I guess I can download the greenpass app when we're there Toofy Grin
snow report
@NickyJ, have ours laminated with passport photo on reverse. Otherwise the qr code is meaningless as there is no photo? Anyhow I’m sure they are getting less and less strict as over here.
snow report
They are folded so name is on reverse. On first day I had passports in my pocket in case but nobody wanted to check. Two of our party that was the only photo id they have 12 & 15yr olds. We were actually only asked twice - on checking in and after i collected ski pass was directed to go and scan them. After that nobody wanted to bother
snow conditions
@NickyJ, good to hear. Jet2 want our EU passenger locator form done within 48 hours of departure. Italy needless to say does not! It would be good if the people we are paying to take us did not make it more difficult. I now have to complete a second EU passenger locator form Evil or Very Mad
latest report
@twoodwar, because of various cancellation, and replanning we have done over last 2 years! We ended up flying into Geneva and travelling to Italy via private transfer.

I had Italy PLF, Antigen tests, france sworn statement all in hand. Nobody checked any of them. Still would never risk travelling without all needed bits
snow conditions
Indeed, buts it’s Italy’s form not Jet2’s!
latest report
Flying with BA to Turin on Saturday destination Courmayer. Have downloaded EU green app and uploaded NHS covid certificate and taken a print out. Have started to complete EU PLF. What’s the maximum time before flight leaving do I need to complete. Anything else I may need to complete?
snow conditions
You can complete the EU PLF for Italy now.
You don’t actually need the EU green pass - your NHS QR code works fine (the one for the Booster dose)
The soon-to-be-defunct UK PLF had to be done in the 48 hours prior to return but you don’t need to worry about that.
latest report
agw wrote:
The soon-to-be-defunct UK PLF had to be done in the 48 hours prior to return but you don’t need to worry about that.

Now anytime in 72 hours before travel but as you say, who cares now.
snow report
@agw, @ster, thanks both.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We arrived in Turin on Sunday, nobody checked any covid documents at any point upon leaving the UK, in fact, mine didn’t work properly on the BA app but still managed to check in.

Haven’t used the green pass since I’ve been here with the exception of the first day when I scanned it to get on the gondola to plan Maison, I soon realised that nobody else was bothering so left the phone in my pocket. Mask wearing is enforced on gondolas, but a buff or similar is accepted everywhere. They will get vocal if it falls down or you’re not wearing one.
snow conditions
We are in Italy, Alpe di Suisi, and when we bought our passes on Saturday the guy linked our NHS QR codes to our passes so we don’t have to show them every day. People are stopped at the barriers if their green passes are not linked to ski passes. Masks still required on the gondolas here and in Corvara where we went on Monday, and also in shops and inside restaurants.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 17-03-22 6:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Does the Italian PLF need to be completed within a certain timeframe of the trip?
snow report
No, in the words of Arnie - “Do it now!”
snow conditions
Some phasing out of super green pass from April: https://www.theflorentine.net/2022/03/17/covid-19-april-2022-rules/
ski holidays
Masks still required on transport (presumably including enclosed lifts) until end May.

Super Green Pass still required for restaurants indoors in April.

I haven't seen anything about the PLF going.
latest report
I shall be flying to Turin and getting a taxi to France (and a week later doing the reverse) - I am struggling with the dPLF
Do I need to complete one?
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
I shall be flying to Turin and getting a taxi to France (and a week later doing the reverse) - I am struggling with the dPLF
Do I need to complete one?
Yes, until they change the rules, which I don't think has happened yet.
ski holidays
Current rules run until the 31st of March
ski holidays
albob wrote:
Current rules run until the 31st of March
Right, but have they confirmed they won't be extended? (The rules on SGP and masks also ran until 31 March, but they are to be extended into April and May in some situations.)
ski holidays
@koru, Not aware of any decision being made either way - but, as most countries are ditching the PLF, I expect Italy to follow suit..
ski holidays
anyone heard confirmation if enclosed lifts from April no longer need green pass ? got a non vax 12 year old...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy