Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Latest travel rules for Italy?

Poster: A snowHead
If someone (fully vaccinated) was to, say, print and complete the Italian PLF with a pen, and put it in the car with the view that it is unlikely the car (with Austrian plates) will be stopped, have they fulfilled all their legal obligations for the week? Asking for a, erm, friend snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks from me too @albob, another worry removed snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarlet, As an EU resident, (I think) you only need PLF and be Full Vaccd to enter Italy -- as of now..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going to print out that official information in case anyone gets funny at Heathrow, or indeed Turin, on 5 March.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
albob wrote:
As an EU resident, (I think) you only need PLF and be Full Vaccd to enter Italy -- as of now..

Yes, that is correct. But it is not my question...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet wrote:
If someone (fully vaccinated) was to, say, print and complete the Italian PLF with a pen, and put it in the car with the view that it is unlikely the car (with Austrian plates) will be stopped, have they fulfilled all their legal obligations for the week? Asking for a, erm, friend snowHead

from https://app.euplf.eu/#/

Information for travelers with Italy as destination country:
All passengers wishing to enter Italy, via all means of transportation, will be required to complete the digital PLF (https://app.euplf.eu), prior to entering the country.

out of interest what is your "friend" concerned about?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@richb67 maybe some people don't like providing personal information if it is not necessary.

@albob's research says (my bold):

Quote:
In particular, the Country lists are eliminated and the rules regulating entry into the national territory are now standardized. Entry into Italy shall be authorized upon the submission of:

– the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) in digital of paper format;
– the Covid-19 Vaccine Passport (vaccination certificate, recovery certificate or negative molecular or antigen test) or any other equivalent vaccination certificate recognized........."

I just wondered if anyone had tried it? Obviously, if travelling by plane, various people like to check these things, but on the road they are unlikely to do so. Technically, the PLF would have been completed, should anyone like to see it, but it won't have been submitted digitally.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Scarlet, if it's not submitted digitally, it won't throw up a QR code and, if that is what the authorities rely on, a problem technically exists methinks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hurtle, but what would someone need a QR code for? Who is going to scan it? I'm talking about the PLF here, not a vaccination certificate.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet, On that basis, I think your 'friend' will be OK ; In my recent travels, the only people interested in PLF where my 'carriers'. Border control in the UK and Italy never asked to see the PLF (or even Vaccine status..)

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=8

".In exceptional cases, namely exclusively the lack of the required technology, passengers may complete a paper-based form..."

Link to PDF -- https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/Fwd%20_PLF_cartacei/PLF_Elenco_D_en.pdf

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 28-02-22 18:49; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm hoping that selecting list E in the PLF and then answering 'Yes' to the question "Do you have an Exemption issued by the Italian Ministry of Health?" (on the basis that the new rule is in fact an exemption from other requirements) will get me through without having declared that I will present a test result.

On the other hand, perhaps I'll just wait until next week before submitting it, in case the form changes into something that makes more sense.

Thoughts?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
@Hurtle, but what would someone need a QR code for? Who is going to scan it? I'm talking about the PLF here, not a vaccination certificate.
Don't ask me, all I know is that a QR code comes up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
motyl wrote:
I'm hoping that selecting list E in the PLF and then answering 'Yes' to the question "Do you have an Exemption issued by the Italian Ministry of Health?" (on the basis that the new rule is in fact an exemption from other requirements) will get me through without having declared that I will present a test result.

On the other hand, perhaps I'll just wait until next week before submitting it, in case the form changes into something that makes more sense.

Thoughts?
Oh, I'd forgotten that. I've done mine and really can't be bothered to redo it. Don't honestly think it will be a problem, she said, crossing her fingers.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hurtle, Laughing they have us over a barrel, we're all going to jail!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
motyl wrote:

Yes, definitely wait. The form will have been written with today's rules in mind. When the rules change, all the corresponding paraphernalia has to be updated too, and as that date is several days before you travel, there isn't any particular rush.

As an aside, is completing forms the new queueing? People do seem to rather enjoy it Laughing
latest report
@Scarlet, waiting would be sensible but I've submitted it now. I can submit another one next week if I remember Toofy Grin

Any enjoyment of all this can only be masochistic Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@motyl, +1
snow conditions
Can’t the PLF be amended any time before you travel? I wonder if that applies if you try to change a form after March 1st that was originally done before that date? I guess I’ll find out next week Very Happy

Btw info from Collett’s is that their transfer coach hasn’t yet been stopped at the Brenner Pass.
ski holidays
@agw, it looks like you can edit a submitted form and resubmit it if you created a login. Worst case is you start again if you can be bothered Toofy Grin
latest report
In and out of Italy last week via Mont Blanc tunnel, no checks either way.

Used Alps2alps and driver said there have been evening/night closures of the tunnel due to repairs/roadworks.

Hotel needed to see vaccination QR code at check-in and it was also required every day before being allowed entry to the gondola or 1st chair (wristband issued) each day.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 28-02-22 18:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I am off to Corvara this Saturday 5th March and am having trouble completing the dPLF locator form,

It keeps rejecting the "Type" field for temporary address. I am selecting the "Hotel/Guest House" option which should be correct.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?
ski holidays
Well Boots have cancelled my face to face lateral flow test on Friday prior to the Gnarly, so hopefully the rules finally change on the Gov.UK website and acknowledge the Italian change of rules.
ski holidays
stevew wrote:
Well Boots have cancelled my face to face lateral flow test on Friday prior to the Gnarly, so hopefully the rules finally change on the Gov.UK website and acknowledge the Italian change of rules.

They have done Very Happy
latest report
richjp wrote:
I am off to Corvara this Saturday 5th March and am having trouble completing the dPLF locator form,

It keeps rejecting the "Type" field for temporary address. I am selecting the "Hotel/Guest House" option which should be correct.

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Might be a browser issue? Maybe try a different one.

FWIW I did mine a week or so ago on a Windows PC using Chrome and selected that same option, no issues.

Also - we’re off to Badia on the 6th! Snow looks a bit sparse so we’ll be thankful for the snowmaking I think.
snow report
@richjp, Leave it until tomorrow, when Italian rules change.

-----------

thought I would look at the website :: Just done a 'practice' PLF and had no problem with the Temporary address section ; try the suggestion from agw

======

If you get desperate, download a paper version :: https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/Fwd%20_PLF_cartacei/PLF_Elenco_D_en.pdf
latest report
@stevew, I’ve just had the email notification. Changes now showing on the Entry Requirements section.
latest report
Chuckles3 wrote:
@stevew, I’ve just had the email notification. Changes now showing on the Entry Requirements section.

Indeed they have. Excellent.
snow report
duplicate post

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 1-03-22 8:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
duplicate post

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 1-03-22 9:02; edited 1 time in total
snow report
duplicate post

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 1-03-22 9:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
The Italian 'Covid check' site has been updated to reflect new changes.

Fully vaccd - you only need a PLF to enter (no more testing) : Mask wearing indoors and Green pass still needed

https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it/returningtoitaly.html
snow conditions
If I’m reading the information correctly my husband and I are fully vaccinated so don’t need a test as of tomorrow, neither does my 4 year old. BUT my 6 yr old is obviously too young to be vaccinated, has recovered from covid but is too young to get an nhs covid pass so she will need to get tested before we fly?!?!
ski holidays
@Savory, Seems correct - No recovery certificate, you need a 72 hour PCR or a 48 hour LFT for someone over 6 years old (Plus PLF..)
snow conditions
Thanks! What a pain!!
snow report
Just checked our PLF’s - looks like they’ve just chopped off the last page. I’ve resubmitted both to just make sure we’ve the latest version dated from today.
latest report
@Chuckles3, Yes, same here. The Declaration on page 2 and the lists of countries on page 3 have gone. I felt happier having the latest version of the PLF as well, and it was very easy to update it.
snow report
Chuckles3 wrote:
Just checked our PLF’s - looks like they’ve just chopped off the last page. I’ve resubmitted both to just make sure we’ve the latest version dated from today.

I take this back. Went in via my laptop this time to print it & the old version is still there. Redoing it from the start with a different declaration at the end.
ski holidays
@Chuckles3, I just rechecked my PDF - date submitted is today's date, it definitely ends middle of page 2 after the Emergency Contact info, and says Page 2/2 at the bottom.
latest report
@Paul33, Sadly I think that’s a system blip. When I downloaded it via the laptop to print, the old last page was still there. If you do a new one, there’s a new declaration you have to click on. I’ve redone them just to be on the safe side.
snow report
I've been in Italy since January. The rules changed today. If fully vaccinated (if your not its not worth coming due to green pass+) you no longer need a negative test to enter. I had a couple of days in Switzerland this week travelling via France by car. I wasn’t stopped at any border either way. The Italians were pulling the occasional car over but not me. Masks are still enforced in Italy and need to be the better ffp2 type. Your green pass is checked almost everywhere. I have mine as my Lock Screen on my iPhone.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy