Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - Package Refund Guarantee - NOT

Poster: A snowHead
And correct Very Happy

@Rareperk, +1
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cooperman17 wrote:
Trip changed to March with £400 back for some alternative winter sun.

have you considered Benidorm instead. sound more like what you're after
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cooperman17 wrote:

Apologies for triggering many of you.

Different strokes for different folks.

do you think March is going to be any different?
It is something you may want to think about!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would suggest you are a very rude young man, no need to call people stupid. Maybe you are not a man though or a young one.

You appear to have a solution to sort all of your party so just enjoy whatever you find when March comes along. Where are you going then by the way?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mother hucker wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:

have you considered Benidorm instead. sound more like what you're after

Come-on. Why does the word apres-ski exist?

La Folie Douche champagne bar. Ever been? Absolutely nothing to do with actual skiing and a superb experience.

You have no idea what type of holiday I am after other than I want to fully enjoy it.

Otherwise congratulations for your feeble joke contribution.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pamski wrote:
I would suggest you are a very rude young man, no need to call people stupid. Maybe you are not a man though or a young one.

You appear to have a solution to sort all of your party so just enjoy whatever you find when March comes along. Where are you going then by the way?

Read the thread - stupid.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr.Egg wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:

Apologies for triggering many of you.

Different strokes for different folks.

do you think March is going to be any different?
It is something you may want to think about!

Read the thread.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone reading this thread will see an angry OP, who was stupid enough to book a holiday without reading the Ts&Cs, throwing their toys out of the pram when the TO did exactly what their Ts&Cs stated they would do.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Folie Douche… was that a deliberate typo Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
cooperman17 wrote:

La Folie Douche champagne bar. Ever been? ... a superb experience.

Yes I have. No, it's not.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cooperman17, calling people stupid when you’ve asked for advice on a forum is not the smartest response.
I’m looking forward to your next rant as it’s been quite amusing to read.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kenzie wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:

La Folie Douche champagne bar. Ever been? ... a superb experience.

Yes I have. No, it's not.

Sorry for you. Why didn't you enjoy?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cooperman17 wrote:

La Folie Douche champagne bar. Ever been? Absolutely nothing to do with actual skiing and a superb experience.

You have no idea what type of holiday I am after other than I want to fully enjoy it.

Probably been there more than you.
Youre right I have no clue about what holiday you want. It does seem like you should have thought what holiday you were after before you booked with the emphasis on apres, when there's been non for nearly 2 years. what kind of a clown would do that?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dode wrote:
Anyone reading this thread will see an angry OP, who was stupid enough to book a holiday without reading the Ts&Cs, throwing their toys out of the pram when the TO did exactly what their Ts&Cs stated they would do.

No - this is your interpretation.

Crystal advertised their offer with a promise of a full refund in the headlines of the booking and confirmation of booking.

Do you check the T&C's when you get a promise of not .... in your mouth?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mother hucker wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:

Probably been there more than you.
Youre right I have no clue about what holiday you want. It does seem like you should have thought what holiday you were after before you booked with the emphasis on apres, when there's been non for nearly 2 years. what kind of a clown would do that?

Now you are speculating with zero facts.

That's stupid.
snow report
They are saying that expecting the same level of Apres straightaway after nearly 2 years of restrictions and now with the uncertainty of Omicron, may have been a little unwise.
snow conditions
cooperman17 wrote:

Unfortunately recent events including Brexit / Trump / Scotland / politics generally and now covid are separating us into tribes.

There's a "tribe" for the entitled, then the rest.

It's pretty clear what tribe the OP is in.

Rareperk wrote:
@cooperman17, I look forward to your next public tantrum in March!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Can I say this guy has done more drama than on Broadway @abc?! Laughing
latest report
@RichardB, I have to admit I got some entertainment out of this thread.

But it's sad considering we have to live with people like that.
snow conditions
I've got a trip to Whistler in Canada on the line right now but I've not decided to put up a thread blaming Crystal for the uncertainties.

Hope for the best and make the most of what you get is the best attitude right now.
ski holidays
abc wrote:
@RichardB, I have to admit I got some entertainment out of this thread.

But it's sad considering we have to live with people like that.

So you enjoyed it but ended up sad.

You are hungover.
latest report
abc wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:

Unfortunately recent events including Brexit / Trump / Scotland / politics generally and now covid are separating us into tribes.

There's a "tribe" for the entitled, then the rest.

It's pretty clear what tribe the OP is in.

Rareperk wrote:
@cooperman17, I look forward to your next public tantrum in March!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

If it is so clear - pin your colours to the mast.

What is my tribe?

What is your tribe?

Not expecting an explicit response - but the again the poster may have balls.
snow report
Wow! I thought it's only Americans who don't get irony rolling eyes

(I do have my hypothesis of why americans "dont' get" irony. And it would fit the OP to a tee Smile )
snow report
I'm guessing the OP is 5'5" and drives a BMW with a big engine Laughing
snow report
@MorningGory, WTF has a poster’s height got to do with anything
ski holidays
@On the rocks, Small man syndrome wink Always right and aggressive.
ski holidays
The OP is not helping himself by coming out swinging but there has been a bit of a pile on - lets all chill out a bit guys.

Crystal have had their Crystal Holiday Promise plastered everywhere - Crystal themselves seem to have
admitted in their email that the holiday will be affected so imo the should honour their "promise" and give a refund if so requested.

Whilst not a dealbreaker for me, for some people apres is a big part of the holiday and if thats missing then I can understand the disappointment - for example each February
I go on a ski holiday with a group of friends for a week. Some of the group dont ski and go purely for the partying and so if apres was ruled out then they probably wouldnt go.
I, on the otherhand am just happy being in the mountains - but each to their own.

Anyway, its Sunday and this Morgans Spiced Gingerbread wont drink itself! Cheers!
ski holidays
NewSkiingDad wrote:

Crystal have had their Crystal Holiday Promise plastered everywhere - Crystal themselves seem to have admitted in their email that the holiday will be affected so imo the should honour their "promise" and give a refund if so requested.

But how far do you take that logic?
If a couple of the non-skiing members of your group were really keen on parascending but it was brought to Crystal’s attention that the activity wouldn’t be available in your intended resort, would you expect Crystal to offer a full cancellation? What about a temporary closure of the public swimming pool?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Folie Douche - quality typo.

I personally hated the 3 I have been to. Full of knobheads flashing over priced fizz.

Now Flachau, the Damfkassel or the back room in the Hofstadl, now that is proper apres, and not a small mortgage.
snow report
NewSkiingDad wrote:
Crystal have had their Crystal Holiday Promise plastered everywhere

Just because the advert is everywhere doesn't magically make the refund unconditional.
ski holidays
@NewSkiingDad, Crystal have honoured their Holiday Promise:

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/crystal-holiday-promise/

It includes very specific circumstances in which you can get a refund and the opportunity to make fee free amendments to the holiday for other reasons.
snow report
Youre right, it doesnt. But Crystal clearly think its a big part of the holiday that is "missing" and have acknowleged as much in their email.

Lets not get it twisted - Crystal are not some small independent company. They are huge and owned by an even bigger multi-national corporation - living up to their promise isnt going to break them.
snow conditions
@NewSkiingDad, I posted this quote earlier, it demonstrates that Crystal have fulfilled their obligations.
Quote:
Before you go, we'll let you know if there are any restrictions in your destination that we believe could significantly impact your enjoyment and we'll give you the chance to change your booking.

While Crystal may be a large company I wouldn't automatically assume that they are going to survive if this situation carries on much longer.
latest report
We were overdue a poster with a self-righteous rant at a tour operator - I forget the name of the one a few years ago which became legendary.
snow report
NewSkiingDad wrote:
Youre right, it doesnt. But Crystal clearly think its a big part of the holiday that is "missing" and have acknowleged as much in their email.

Lets not get it twisted - Crystal are not some small independent company. They are huge and owned by an even bigger multi-national corporation - living up to their promise isnt going to break them.

Informing their customers what to expect and allowing them to change dates as a result, is fair IMV.

The bigger the Company, the greater the loss can be. TUI apparently lost £2.7bn to last Dec and has a £2.1bn loss to this Sept.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 12-12-21 20:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
NewSkiingDad wrote:
Lets not get it twisted - Crystal are not some small independent company.

That's it! Get revenge of the big bad corps.
snow report
@pam w, I think it might have been Pandora?
I hope that you all end up in the right place at the right time.

Lying in the bath I decided it is much worse for my poor daughter who might be missing out on her holiday….when that happened earlier this year she bought a Cockapoo, no rude comments I have one, and claimed it was her ski holiday. They do have a Club Med holiday booked for half term so hope that works out - we get the ski holiday Cockapoo to look after.
snow report
Quote:

Some of the group dont ski and go purely for the partying and so if apres was ruled out then they probably wouldnt go.

To each their own, but it seems like a strange choice to pick a ski resort if you just want to get drunk and party and have no interest in skiing! Better options are available.
ski holidays
cooperman17 wrote:
And for those that get the impression the majority view is in favour of Crystal - search @crystalski on twitter to see how many other pissed off ex-customers there are.

Perhaps you should take to the Twitter echo chamber to make your complaints?- you may get the response you expect there.
snow report
@RichardB,
Good news to lighten up the thread - Whistler (or rather Blackcomb to be specific for my chosen mountain of the day) was very good indeed today snowHead snowHead
(Though rather busy Saturday- which was odd because today was always looking like being the better day...)
Considering the freak rain beating of last month, the base is looking very good for this time of year.

So thanks to any TOs for organising the 55cm of new snow I also got to ski today if they happened to send anyone here wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy