Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski - Package Refund Guarantee - NOT

Poster: A snowHead
stuarth wrote:

So thanks to any TOs for organising the 55cm of new snow I also got to ski today if they happened to send anyone here wink

Feckers they promised immaculately groomed slopes and then couldn't be arsed to get the resort to rock out the Prinoths* to ensure every square cm was pounded into oblivion. Do they have no regard for my very special party's needs?

* Canuckistan so possibly a Bombardier#

# Snowcatspotter is my tribe
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ringingmaster wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:
And for those that get the impression the majority view is in favour of Crystal - search @crystalski on twitter to see how many other pissed off ex-customers there are.

Perhaps you should take to the Twitter echo chamber to make your complaints?- you may get the response you expect there.

Actually, I never quite understand why the OP feel he need to post in snowhead in the first place!

He clearly got plenty of sympathy at Twitter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The OP is an "interesting" read on twitter.

Sad to say, he's from Yorkshire
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Frosty the Snowman, What's his twitter handle? Cooperman17 doesn't have any tweets that I can see (although I don't use twitter so may have got it wrong Toofy Grin ).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Frosty the Snowman, we should excommunicate him as not being the ‘correct stuff’.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What is twitter? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stuarth wrote:
@RichardB,
Good news to lighten up the thread - Whistler (or rather Blackcomb to be specific for my chosen mountain of the day) was very good indeed today snowHead snowHead

Do you mean via epic pass or the tour operator?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@twoodwar,
Isn't it better known as "Twatter"?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like the word "will" was mistakenly used in the email from Crystal.... "may" would have been a more back bottom-saving choice.

Someone wrote in another thread about being naive if you're booking a holiday at the moment and expect everything to be as it used to be; but I suppose people have different expectations of what their paying for, the service they should be provided and what their leniency levels tolerate when things do unfortunately change.

I may be able to add to the ongoing Crystal 'debate' when I return on the 26th; it'd be nice if they go above and beyond my expectations and I can give a glowing report of Crystal, but if there are a few spanners in the works then I'll put money on it now being out of the TO's control and we'll just have to work things out as they happen.

No point worrying too much about what could happen... just gotta enjoy the prospect of a nice holiday with work around whatever limitations happen
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Specialman wrote:

Someone wrote in another thread about being naive if you're booking a holiday at the moment and expect everything to be as it used to be; but I suppose people have different expectations of what their paying for, the service they should be provided and what their leniency levels tolerate when things do unfortunately change.

I may be able to add to the ongoing Crystal 'debate' when I return on the 26th; it'd be nice if they go above and beyond my expectations and I can give a glowing report of Crystal, but if there are a few spanners in the works then I'll put money on it now being out of the TO's control and we'll just have to work things out as they happen.

One thing that is very likely to have an impact particularly early season for Crystal etc is the staffing changes due to Brexit and the fact that they are late sending reps to resort at least here in Austria due to uncertainty about season start. All of the Brit reps with previous experience that tend to move into resort management roles can't work in Europe this year so there is no local knowledge. The hotel next door to where I live opens for Crystal guests next Monday but hasn't had a rep visit yet which is unusual it would normally have happened last week.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personally anything I've booked in advance is either not paid up-front, or is 100% cancellable.
If I want to bail, I don't believe I'm obliged to justify why to anyone.

Any travel company will try to persuade you to move stuff before giving a refund,
but in the end they very probably have no choice in the matter.

I think most people could easily negotiate that efficiently without resort to social media.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cooperman17, You've misread the money back guarantee, it is for if Crystal need to cancel the holiday, not if you want to cancel it when it could still go ahead. Crystal are honouring the contract
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cooperman17 wrote:
Lozza1uk wrote:
I think anyone booking a holiday at the moment knows there’s a chance of it being different, and that’s the risk you take when booking. We had a summer holiday this year and last year and in both cases the hotels weren’t offering all the services they usually do, or didn’t have all restaurants open. I few we’re just incredibly lucky to get a holiday at the moment. The Crystal app says under every resort that “some things in resort won’t be the same as usual due to COVID” (words to that effect) so they’re doing what they can to ensure you book with eyes wide open IMO.

A reasonable person would risk assess going on holiday in the current circumstances.

A big part of that assessment would be the risk of losing your money.

We could all sit on our hands and not book anything. Maybe not good for Crystal?

Or you could book with the reassurance of the promise of a full refund.

The following link is the Crystal holiday promise:

https://cdn.content.tuigroup.com/adamtui/2021_9/2_13/995db874-3540-46ea-abde-ad9700e27860/CSH_CHP_i4_Sep20.jpg

It is not unreasonable to expect a promise to be fulfilled.

I did actually read the full T&Cs back in January when I booked my ski trip with Crystal for this February and I’m confident I’ve booked with the guarantee of the full refund if it can’t go ahead or red list changes, or can change it for free as the t&cs say (and someone else above has copied and pasted that bit twice) if any part of the holiday can’t be fulfilled. It’s pretty clear the refund doesn’t apply in your case. However, glad you managed to move it to March. And hope you’re able to move it again when the Apres-ski is still restricted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
The OP is an "interesting" read on twitter.

Sad to say, he's from Yorkshire

Leeds?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
euanovsky wrote:
stuarth wrote:
@RichardB,
Good news to lighten up the thread - Whistler (or rather Blackcomb to be specific for my chosen mountain of the day) was very good indeed today snowHead snowHead

Do you mean via epic pass or the tour operator?

No idea, I just went skiing, powder was plentiful snowHead wink

Was trying to cheer up @RichardB for his impending trip by reducing his list of uncertainties a bit (though of course whether it carries on like that is uncertain Madeye-Smiley )
ski holidays
Thanks @stuarth, I’ve been looking at the webcams and they do look good! snowHead

Just hoping international travel doesn’t get blocked due to potential lockdown.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy