Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre Arrival Tests for England announced

Poster: A snowHead
@Scarletgirl, I think it's 7 days if you're vaccinated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Csb123 wrote:
Aside from the frustation we're all suffering from not being able to holiday, I'm struggling to sympathise with those who've booked holidays in full knowledge that testing regimes and quarantines were very likely to change and cause cancellation as we near winter. Seems very niaive.

People are just trying to remain optimistic, trying to live a life as is encouraged by the government ("help the economy" and all that) and have a bit of something to look forward to that they've worked hard for and endured for through the last 20 months. There is of course the other argument that the government likes to chop and change at will to save its own skin, putting the emphasis on citizens to do the heavy lifting when the going gets tough...

But anyway....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Specialman, yes we are in a very different place to a year ago, double or triple jabbed. This is the way out of this mess. A mutated variant which so far seems to be less virulent. Even if it spreads easier, so what? It’s serious illness and hospitalisations that are the reasons for lockdowns and control. 10,000 or so deaths a year from Flu has not been a reason for controls the last 50 years or so. I have like many others have said, pretty much followed the rules to the letter, I still wear a mask( never stopped) in shops. I test if going to an indoor event. The current position is illogical given all we have been previously told. People die, it is the one certainty in life. To be tested before coming home is the most ludicrous thing, and then get tested when you get home! Madness now I’m afraid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@twoodwar, agreed.
If there was that much actual concrete fear from government for the welfare of its citizens, travel would be banned, we'd all be in lockdown and it'd be like March 2020 all over again.
This current batch o rules & regs seems to be a way of appearing to be caring government in the eyes of the world when in fact, it's all lip service.

But anyway (again), I digress... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally I think its total B... poo-poo and looks like they are trying to be doing something when it clearly wont according to the experts. Personally, Ill be having a free PCR test in Austria before I leave prob on the 31/12 with a pre purchased test waiting for me when I return to be taken on the 1st Jan. If the PCR test is good enough for me to be released on my return when I get the negative result, why cant the one I have on the 31st not allow me to be free.
Yes, I`m travelling, but my sister will be with me coming back in my car, stay with me for a couple of days before she flies back on an EJ flight from Bristol to Inverness, with currently no requirements to test before. So she could easily be taking the virus from southern England to the North of Scotland.
If we wish to stop the virus from spreading, surely then, internal flights should have the same testing regime to justify the logic.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I flew out to Germany on Friday, back into the UK today.

Having jumped through the hoops of changing test requirements during the few days before my departure, rolling eyes . I then had to jump through further hoops whilst in Germany, when the requirement for pre-flight testing was introduced whilst I was there and began in the early hours of this morning!

So much hassle. It was really hard to find availability for the pre-flight tests in Germany, none of the free sites, had availability and the paid for ones were very busy. (Absolutely none at or near the airport! Thank goodness for my resident in Germany sons local knowledge and language expertise) Because my flight was one of the earliest ones to depart to the UK after the requirement came in we were able to book with the max 48 hours before flight, a paid for test. eu 15 each, I have no idea how those with flights over the next few days will fare, demand is clearly greater than capacity in the short run.

And then, on the way home, at no point were we asked for proof of the test! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CaravanSkier wrote:

And then, on the way home, at no point were we asked for proof of the test! rolling eyes

That is a Be Nice please! disgrace and just typifies the lip service our joke of a Government is taking towards all of this.

Anyone who thinks this is not just a PR and revenue exercise is dreaming.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm double vaccinated, I've had Covid TWICE, Booster is booked for January and still my ski trip in February to Austria (postposed from last year) is looking doubtful AGAIN. Totally depressing.

Three Dads and Three 17/18 year olds (all have had covid and all are vaccinated as per requirements). The lads are doing A levels in the summer and cannot risk testing positive in Austria and having to self isolate there for 10 days and miss school at such a critical time.

We've jumped through all the hoops and are probably the least infectious people out there, yet travel still looks impossible.

This is probably the last time a lads and Dads trip is possible before the boys move on to do other things with their lives.

Just ranting. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Live in Northern Ireland but due to fly in and out of Dublin over Christmas. Will it even be checked as I transit through RoI. So many questions and no answers. This is a mess.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
CaravanSkier wrote:

So next time you won’t bother with the tests? Eh oh!

I wasn’t stopped coming through UK customs on Monday. I could have been carrying anything.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TopGooner, i feel your pain, I'm in almost exactly the same position as you
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Austrian Seagull wrote:
CaravanSkier wrote:

I wasn’t stopped coming through UK customs on Monday. I could have been carrying anything.

I would always comply with the requirements Smile And in some ways it`s a sensible one, but potentially better would be the requirement to do a lateral flow test at the airport immediately before boarding, along with another test (Pcr) a couple of days or so after arrival. (Might be a nightmare for the airports though).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CaravanSkier wrote:
Austrian Seagull wrote:
CaravanSkier wrote:

I would always comply with the requirements Smile And in some ways it`s a sensible one, but potentially better would be the requirement to do a lateral flow test at the airport immediately before boarding, along with another test (Pcr) a couple of days or so after arrival. (Might be a nightmare for the airports though).

You’re probably right, but imagine the consequences of testing positive at the airport at any time of the day/night. I’d prefer to know a day or two beforehand and have time to make contingency arrangements.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Austrian Seagull, Smile Yes, but, you could well test negative 48 hours before and therefore be in both the airport and on the plane whilst positive, without knowing!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So if we do go to Austria after Christmas, how do we get a PCR test 2 days before the flight?
latest report
@yandabrown, Welcome to SnowHeads -- if you do not get an answer here, there is a whole thread on Austrian travel regulations

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006
latest report
ecureuil - Your holiday insurance company is responsible for quarantine accommodation if you have a positive test on the return leg to the UK. (But I would check).

I assume you would need to isolate as soon as you get a positive result. So would that mean leaving your holiday hotel immediately? I am unsure what the implications are for people within your group and the Hotel staff with regard to potential exposure to an infected person.
latest report
David B wrote:
ecureuil - Your holiday insurance company is responsible for quarantine accommodation if you have a positive test on the return leg to the UK. (But I would check).

I assume you would need to isolate as soon as you get a positive result. So would that mean leaving your holiday hotel immediately? I am unsure what the implications are for people within your group and the Hotel staff with regard to potential exposure to an infected person.

It’s key to check the small print. I’ve just checked mine and find that only medical expenses for covid are covered for my existing trip in Jan to Austria.
I’ve spent hours researching available policies with covid cover and so far only found one which covers expenses if I’m isolated due to a positive test whilst away. I’ve found zero new policies which cover additional costs to quarantine or stay in Austria if they impose a government led lockdown.
Basically the cover available is not great in general terms and I suspect many will be caught out by the small print.
snow conditions
hi.
I'm not from UK, I'm from Portugal

Do I need to do a PCR again before returning from France alps to Geneva?

According to Swiss website I do not think, but I am not sure.

People traveling into Switzerland from areas bordering the country with which there are close economic, social or cultural ties. The following countries, areas and regions are considered “border areas”:
- Regions in Germany: State of Baden-Württemberg, State of Bavaria
- Regions in France: Region of Grand-Est, Region of Burgundy / Franche Comté, Region of Auvergne / Rhône-Alpes

thanks
snow report
@RonWeltyPT, No test needed if crossing from border areas into Switzerland (you might need one to get on your flight though - not sure on regulations for Geneva to Portugal)
snow report
My antigen test certificate was checked at Geneva as part of the check-in process yesterday, along with my PLF.
latest report
jirac18 - My policy is an existing that I have had for years so possibly they have not changed it for COVID. I can only assume new policies are not covering the quarantine risk. I not surprised unfortunately because once had a disagreement with AVIVA and they eventually "coughed up the £3k" for my daughters helicopter medivac/medical bill. If you have an existing policy I would ring them and check. The Austria GOV may provide Quarantine the same way Majorca/Spain did in the Summer.

I know this will be difficult for lot of people but I plan to travel overland and self cater next year, this provides a level autonomy having my own car and reduces reliance on travel companies/flying/airports.
snow conditions
Pre return flight to UK - does anyone know if the Passenger Locator Form will now accept NHS proof of vaccination with its 2 QR codes, one for each jab? (Now 3 including booster.)
I ask because a couple of months ago, the PLF insisted on upload of a vax certificate showing only one QR code, thereby invalidating the NHS certificate for this return flight purpose.
ski holidays
The uk plf requires only a reference number for the day 2 pcr test you booked beforehand to be done within 48 hrs of your arrival in uk
snow report
snowornever wrote:
The uk plf requires only a reference number for the day 2 pcr test you booked beforehand to be done within 48 hrs of your arrival in uk

Hit wrong button!
The vac cert can be downloaded onto plf or if you can’t get it to upload/accept qr then the plf has a workaround so the key is to have the day 2 booking ref
ski holidays
peerless ploughman wrote:
Pre return flight to UK - does anyone know if the Passenger Locator Form will now accept NHS proof of vaccination with its 2 QR codes, one for each jab? (Now 3 including booster.)
I ask because a couple of months ago, the PLF insisted on upload of a vax certificate showing only one QR code, thereby invalidating the NHS certificate for this return flight purpose.

Yes it will, although it can be a bit temperamental when scanning the code for the PLF
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy