Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
albob wrote:
@The Flying Snowplough, I would go with Home/Hotel - others have posted the answers but I can't remember what they were !!
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also don’t do twitter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the rocks wrote:
Someone on here recommended Nationwide Pathology (NWP) for fit to fly tests. NWP let us down badly.
In order to meet French 48 hour requirement with a flight to GVA today (Sunday). I drove for 2 hours to drop off mine and Mrs OTR’s at the lab first thing Saturday morning for a same day test, our samples side by side in the drop box.

No response by late on Saturday so bit the bullet and booked two drive through tests at Manchester Airport for 07:00 this morning. Just before midnight Mrs OTR received her negative test results. I’ve still not received mine and don’t except to now until Monday.

The drive through test at Manchester Airport was brilliant (but expensive). Results back within 2.5 hours and follow up phone call to make sure everything was OK

I’ve yet to see if I can get a refund from NWP but highly recommend the Collinson drive through at Manchester Airport

Update on NWP . I still haven’t received my results so I called them from France. They DO have my results from 11th December but didn’t send them to me because they “didn’t have my email address” despite having send my order acknowledgement and despatch notice to my email address. This was due to a “failure of their systems” but because they have done the test “would you like your results now?” NWP will not be offering a refund! DO NOT USE NWP!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So Schapps accepts the knee jerk red list is pointless as Omicron already dominant in UK so scraps it, but leaves the knee jerk pre-departure testing and day 2 PCR in place, which is equally pointless for the same reason, over the entire festive travel period thus affecting 000's and doing more damage to the already fragile travel industry.
Totally inconsistent rule making again. What a pilchard.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gazzza wrote:
So Schapps ..... What a pilchard.

And the government are carp.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi folks
Apologies if this has already been asked and discussed but looking for some clarification on testing and other requirements for a trip from UK to France(Tignes) via Geneva airport leaving on 24/12
(we are fully vaccinated BTW and are getting booster before we go)

My understanding is as follows but please correct if I'm wrong or have missed out anything important.

Outward journey - UK - Geneva - Tignes
1. PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in Geneva.
2. Complete passenger locator form.
3. Provide proof of onward travel to France (accomodation and/or transfer booking)

Return journey - Tignes - Geneva - UK
4. Negative covid test required taken 48 hours before return home. BUT WHAT KIND? Is Antigen sufficient or does this need to be PCR? UK rules say antigen but will Swiss insist on PCR for return journey? (This is the thing we're not clear on)
5. Day 2 PCR test required in UK on return home.

What a palava! I went to Portugal a month ago and all I had to do was show my vaccine certificate at the airport and take a single Day 2 antigen test when I got back which I was able to do myself at home and cost me £20! rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
michaelbury17 wrote:
My question is, does anyone know if Randox or similar company will be testing the LFTs submitted online Christmas day & Eve?
C19testing have said that they will be working as normal over Christmas, but note that there may be delays when they post out their test kits because courier companies might not be operating as normal. Hope that's true, I'll be sending them my test result on Boxing Day.

Thanks, guess the thing to do is to contact whoever I buy the kit off to see whether they will be working on Christmas day, I would expect them to be, but on a limited basis so could be delays.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feefee wrote:
@michaelbury17, I’ve the same predicament as you, some of us are flying Boxing Day via Geneva and the others are driving. As we need pcr I’m looking at randox as the cheapest option doing click and collect then using the Dropbox on Christmas Eve. I’m hesitating ordering in case the plug gets pulled and that’s another load of money wasted.

Tough call...any chance you know the lottery numbers?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Apologies for the silly question but going out on Friday and doing the paperwork now. Do we need to print out the sworn statement, sign it and scan it in to add to the Eurotunnel API, or is it enough to complete it digitally, typing your name where says signature?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@PollSki, I completed my sworn statement digitally, with a signature I’d previously scanned. I uploaded it to the Eurotunnel API and it was immediately approved. I had had a printed copy with me but nobody looked at it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all

What are the current requirements for entry into France for fully vaccinated adults, but would have had CV19 in the last 90 days prior to travel?
I've just tested positive on an LFT and waiting for the results of my PCR. My booster was booked for the 7th Jan but now won't be able to have it as need to wait 28 days from positive test to have it. We are driving to 3V on the 29th Jan.

I'm also worried that a fit to fly test may pick up traces of CV19 and come back positive a couple of days before we drive. Anyone had any experiences or knowledge on this?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 72 hours before arrival

- Day 2 PCT Test, self-isolating until a negative test is received

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

I’m in Chamonix and heading back to the UK on Saturday. Where is it stated that those in the Rhône Alps are exempt from PCR? Went through the Swiss travel website questionnaire and from there it seemed that a PCR is required
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@brownie, My post from page 4 of this thread :: only my opinion of reading document in the link....

""...paul9619 wrote:
What does this actually mean?

*Travellers from Rhone-Alpes are exempt from the Swiss locator form and do not need a Pre-Departure PCR Test*

Are we saying you have to actually live in Rhone-Alpes as a resident or is it for temporary travellers too?

https://www.fedlex.admin.ch/eli/cc/2021/380/en

"Art. 9a38 Exemptions from the test and quarantine requirement

persons who enter Switzerland from a region listed in Annex 1a, provided the country or region concerned is not listed in Annex 1 number 1."(annex 1a is a list of areas that border Switzerland)

The same applies to the Locator form - read section 3 in the above link

(the both just say "Enter the Country/Switzerland......).....""
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good question albob.

This link also says the same

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-1675462321

From or travelling from? Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The FAQs linked from the document section of this page have slightly clearer wording:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86260.html#downloads
snow report
Quote:

The FAQs linked from the document section of this page have slightly clearer wording:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86260.html#downloads

That seems super clear....but then I just got this from easyJet in advance of my flight on Saturday

When travelling to Switzerland you’re required to complete a Passenger Locator Form and show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure, to be able to fly. For more information, check local government advice. The exemptions from the test requirement for cross border traffic do not apply to air travel. Please note, French immigration rules only apply when you’re travelling to France via Basel. If your plans need to change you can make fee-free changes up to 2 hours before your flight online. https://www.easyjet.com/en/pledge
ski holidays
This may also be helpful:

https://www.ge.ch/en/covid-19-travelling-and-entry-switzerland

Basically, my understanding is that you need a PCR to board a flight to Switzerland, i.e. to travel from the UK to France via Geneva, but not to transit back from the border regions through Geneva to the UK.
ski holidays
@brownie, I agree with @sugarmoma666's reading of the regs, but would add:

Whether or not you are viewed by the authorities as 'coming from' a border region may depend on how long you have been there, ie how long have you been in Chx, 2 days or 2 months?

It will also depend on the reading of the regs by your transfer provider from Chx to GVA, how are you getting to the airport, lift off a mate, trasfer Co like Alpybus, or scheduled service like SwissTours?
ski holidays
For ref: SwissTours had no interest in the French entry Covid regs when I went GVA to Chx yesterday, I'm assuming they will be the same heading the other way in 2022 (though I do plan to ask around a bit before the actual day).
snow conditions
I posted this elsewhere but will be of interest

@sugarmoma666, From your link this bit is interesting

".When you arrive in Switzerland, you do not need to self-declare the result of the test carried out on your departure or, if applicable, the one carried out on your arrival in Geneva, nor the one between the 4th and the 7th day. However, if requested by the health authorities, you must be able to send it immediately to the address which you will be given. Controls are carried out and the absence of transmission of the test is sanctioned by a fine (up to 1000 CHF)..."

No need to inform the authorities of 4th and 7th day test (unless asked..)
ski holidays
@albob, I think it's residents of ARH not just visitors ...
ski holidays
@under a new name, Ahh -- here's me thinking I had found something significant !!

What is ARH ??

==== edit ===

it does say on the same page (my bold)

"..A second test, PCR or rapid antigenic, must be done between 4 and 7 days after entering Switzerland, for ALL persons aged 16 and over, including Swiss residents.
This second test is intended to ensure the detection of persons who may have become infected just before leaving or during their trip.."
snow report
I cancelled my PCR test in Meribel yesterday as I was convinced from multiple sources it wasn’t required.

Like others I received that text from Easyjet yesterday which stipulates PCR is required.

Rebooked test for today.

Utter shambles on the part of Easyjet who until now have been signposting to Government websites.
snow report
Quote:

I was convinced from multiple sources it wasn’t required.

Eh? If you mean the "2 day PCR" required on return to the UK, there's been no suggestion of that on the various Snowheads threads on the topic or on any reliable source which I've looked at. I checked my easyJet booking for next Thursday and the information was clear enough.

We can expect further changes any day - but the situation has been the same for a while now.
ski holidays
@eletos, out of interest why/how did you think it wasn’t needed, as you must at some point thought it was needed as you booked the test which you then cancelled.

Did Easyjet then tell you it wasn’t needed or some other source?
snow report
No need for any tests now at least Sad
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Eh? If you mean the "2 day PCR" required on return to the UK, there's been no suggestion of that on the various Snowheads threads on the topic or on any reliable source which I've looked at. I checked my easyJet booking for next Thursday and the information was clear enough.

We can expect further changes any day - but the situation has been the same for a while now.

I think this was in reference to getting a PCR in resort in order to transit back through Geneva (which doesn't seem to be required according to the regs, but Easyjet are confusing things I think).
snow report
So, in light of the French news, talk to me about Austria...

Most Lander are out of lockdown, or about to be (provided you're vaccinated)

Seems like no inbound test requirement from the UK provided you're vaccinated or under 12? (Vienna apart)

No bars or clubs, but meh...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DidierCouch wrote:

Seems like no inbound test requirement from the UK provided you're vaccinated or under 12? (Vienna apart)

And free PCR testing for unvaxxed 12 - 15 year olds is allowed at least in Tirol.
ski holidays
I will amend later
latest report
Swiss Travelcheck.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

UK entry requirements are crystal clear. Got PCR day 2 booked and LFT kits with me to allow to fly.

The point I was making was about transit into Geneva airport from France and EasyJet now requiring a negative PCR.

Have a go on the Swiss travel check site, https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check, only a passenger locator, no testing for transit via the airport.
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
DidierCouch wrote:

And free PCR testing for unvaxxed 12 - 15 year olds is allowed at least in Tirol.

I think the free tests are only if you are in a hotel. Not sure what the situation is if you are in self catered. awaiting reply from tourist office on the practicalities of turning a test into a pass that you can show to access lifts. they mention the Ninja pass for kids but seems primariliy aimed at austrian school kids who access it via testing at school initially. they do mention that non-austrians can have this however the practicalities of "how" are a little vague. my head is still full of french rules so starting from scratch again. I even have 7x LFT booked in the 3V for early january. dont suppose I will need those now !
latest report
bezthespaniard wrote:
A guide for vaccinated people only, in date as of 18th December 2021. Will be updated as changes are announced.

Flying into & staying in France
PLEASE NOTE THE RULES TO FRANCE HAVE CHANGED

ALL TRAVELLERS TO FRANCE MUSY HAVE A COMPELLING REASON TO ENTER THE COUNTRY (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SKI HOLIDAYS) AND ISOLATE UNTIL THEY RECEIVE A NEGATIVE TEST (MINIMUM 48 HOUR ISOLATION)

- Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

- Proof of Vaccination (printed, NHS App or ToutSansCovid App)

- Negative PCR or Antigen (Lateral Flow) Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival

Flying into & staying in Switzerland
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 72 hours before arrival or Negative Antigen Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival

Flying into Switzerland & transiting to France

ALL TRAVELLERS TO FRANCE MUSY HAVE A COMPELLING REASON TO ENTER THE COUNTRY (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SKI HOLIDAYS) AND ISOLATE UNTIL THEY RECEIVE A NEGATIVE TEST (MINIMUM 48 HOUR ISOLATION)

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR or Antigen Test, taken up to 24 hours before arrival

- Complete a 'Sworn Statement' available here: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in Switzerland
- Complete Passenger Locator Form available here: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCT or Antigen Test before flying to U.K.

Flying back to the UK from France after a holiday in France

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCT or Antigen Test before flying to U.K

Flying back to the UK from Switzerland after a holiday in France

- Proof of Vaccination

- Negative PCR Test, taken up to 48 hours before arrival

UPDATED
latest report
@bezthespaniard, whats a PCT test ? or is this a typo ?
snow conditions
Wink
ski holidays
@bezthespaniard, I thought this was a great initiative - if likely to be very time consuming for you to update. Are you still keeping it up to date?
ski holidays
Hello all, its been a while since I posted for one reason or another.

I was wondering if after a UK flight into Switzerland has anyone has explored the possibility of hiring a car at Geneva and driving to France. What’s happening at the Swiss / French boarder ?
ski holidays
Quote:

Flying into Switzerland & transiting to France

@Renry, as detailed above, not currently allowed..(unless of course you have a compelling reason)
snow report
Are they checking nationalities and COVID status at the Swiss / French boarder ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy