Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Summary for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted People

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

@Timmycb5, that's positive . . .however it doesn't negate from our ex EU partners being d*cks . . . .

In what way!? To enter France one pre-departure test required , to enter UK pre-departure test and PCR test plus isolation on arrival . Which do you think is more onerous!?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@philipb, I think he/she meant that they are dicks for allowing people in from the UK, an area with higher infection rates, with minimum testing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi All - so has anyone actually BEEN to France via Geneva airport in the last few days please?

DD is due to go this Saturday and has PCR today so no problem getting to Tignes - but we are hopelessly confused about the return and whether PCR is needed for travel from Tignes via Geneva airport to UK - or whether lateral flow is sufficient as per UK entry requirements? There are no PCR tests available in resort in Tignes until 28th December.

I rang immigration at Geneva airport who said NOT required for transit - and directed me to the Travelcheck.ch page - which says it IS required.

HELP! What is happening on the ground? Someone must have travelled to UK from France via Geneva airport in last few days?

Many thanks.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mamabooks, Travelcheck does say no test or PLF if travelling from border region (incl Rhone-Alpes).

As you say some real world experience would be nice.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For anyone who has a local office:

We used DAM Health for a same day PCR in July and all went well (£99 at the time)
We have booked for Monday (at a different locale) to cover us for CH/France, same day results, now £69 each (and £20 for child accompanying paying adult)

Will try and report on how it goes, though will be quite busy getting away.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. What is PLF?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Passenger Locator Form
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think I've worked myself into a bit of a tizzy this morning.
On the French government site for covid info, it says that as of 15th Jan if your cert does not show booster, it is considered invalid/expired.
I'm due to head to VT on 8th Jan for 3 weeks - and to use the lifts you need either valid health cert or PCR test within 24hrs
Now, I'm double jabbed AND boosted but the Irish cert does not show the booster which suggests in order to use the lifts, I'm now going to have to do a PCR test in resort every 24hrs at a cost of 75e!!!
Can anybody see a reasonable solution to this - am I missing something or does this seem to be the way it's going to be?
Its just added 1000euro to my holiday if this is the case.
From what I've been reading this morning, the UK cert also doesnt display the booster - what are you folks doing in this situation?
What a pain.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@elefantfresh

"From what I've been reading this morning, the UK cert also doesnt display the booster - what are you folks doing in this situation?"

The UK Cert does show the booster. They changed this a few weeks ago.

Sounds like Ireland need to get a move on updating their certification. I would have thought this will be sorted before 8th Jan, but who knows.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
elefantfresh wrote:
I think I've worked myself into a bit of a tizzy this morning.
On the French government site for covid info, it says that as of 15th Jan if your cert does not show booster, it is considered invalid/expired.
I'm due to head to VT on 8th Jan for 3 weeks - and to use the lifts you need either valid health cert or PCR test within 24hrs
Now, I'm double jabbed AND boosted but the Irish cert does not show the booster which suggests in order to use the lifts, I'm now going to have to do a PCR test in resort every 24hrs at a cost of 75e!!!
Can anybody see a reasonable solution to this - am I missing something or does this seem to be the way it's going to be?
Its just added 1000euro to my holiday if this is the case.
From what I've been reading this morning, the UK cert also doesnt display the booster - what are you folks doing in this situation?
What a pain.

We’re headed to VT on the 8th too and with an Irish mate who has the same issue. Irritating isn’t it!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone got to the bottom of this yet - I cannot find any clear answers online...

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/article/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered

"All those between the ages of 18 and 65 must receive their booster before 15 January 2022 to ensure their COVID certificate remains valid after this date."

I am due to fly on the 15th of January transiting to France via Geneva. My second vaccine was administered in August 2021, according to my doctor/health practise I am unlikely to receive a booster until six months after the second vaccination. If that is the case, that will be February after my ski trip in January?

I have seen some posters suggest that this won't pose to be a problem so long as the second vaccine was administered no more than 7 months ago, but cannot find any confirmation... Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@charlie1314, haven't the rules changed to 3mths after your second vaccination, and Boris has pledged to get all adults booster jabbed by end of Jan. Not sure how old you are, but i would assume that their aspiration will be to have everyone over 30 jabbed by early Jan (especially if you are on the ball booking it as soon as the system allows). And if you do happen to be over 40, you can book now.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Handy Turnip wrote:
@charlie1314, haven't the rules changed to 3mths after your second vaccination, and Boris has pledged to get all adults booster jabbed by end of Jan. Not sure how old you are, but i would assume that their aspiration will be to have everyone over 30 jabbed by early Jan (especially if you are on the ball booking it as soon as the system allows).

I am 24, so not considered priority.

Yes, I did see the recent news - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/people-urged-to-get-booster-as-uk-approaches-20m-top-up-jabs

"All eligible over-18s will be offered a jab by the end of January...."

"Our priority remains to protect the most vulnerable first so everyone over the age of 40 who had their second dose at least 3 months ago will soon be able to book an appointment for their booster jab. Younger age groups will be invited by the NHS in order of age in due course."

Given the above, my age group and those younger are unlikely to be invited before January the 15th - if that is the case, there seems to be a bit of a problem...

I did happen across this - https://www.thelocal.fr/20211125/boosters-and-masks-french-government-to-announce-new-covid-measures/

Here’s a breakdown of what was announced:

"Vaccine boosters will from Saturday, November 27th, be open to all over 18s, and people will be eligible five months after their second dose – a change from the previous rule of six months. Full details on the new eligibility conditions HERE..."
"The government had already announced that the health passes for over 65s who are eligible for a booster but do not have one will be deactivated from December 15th. This will be extended to the whole of the population from January 15th. The health pass will be deactivated seven months after each person received their second dose – giving them two months between becoming eligible and having the pass deactivated in order to book an appointment for the booster shot full details on how this works"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@charlie1314, okay fair call.

Yes, the 7 months has been referred to in other threads so you should be fine.

Keep an eye on announcements anyway, as you still may be able to sneak your booster in before you go anyway.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@charlie1314, I think that translation is clumsy. From the 15th Dec for anyone over 65 and from the 15th Jan for anyone aged 18-64, they are invited (in France) to have their booster 5 months after their second jab. In order to retain the pass sanitaire, you need to have had the booster within 2 months of being invited. Hence 2nd jab plus 7 months. So if you had your 2nd jab on 1st August, you should be fine up to 1st March.
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
@charlie1314, I think that translation is clumsy. From the 15th Dec for anyone over 65 and from the 15th Jan for anyone aged 18-64, they are invited (in France) to have their booster 5 months after their second jab. In order to retain the pass sanitaire, you need to have had the booster within 2 months of being invited. Hence 2nd jab plus 7 months. So if you had your 2nd jab on 1st August, you should be fine up to 1st March.

Thank you - makes a little more sense! Will see how it develops with booster campaign here in the UK. I am sure I will not be the only one under 25 who will be wondering similar.
latest report
@charlie1314, Part of me thinks that those dates apply only to French residents. Your NHS covid app would still show as being valid in January (only my view, could be completely off-piste...)
snow report
albob wrote:
@charlie1314, Part of me thinks that those dates apply only to French residents. Your NHS covid app would still show as being valid (only my view, could be completely off-piste...)

I did wonder if that was the case, much of the published information is written in a way that seems to apply to French residents. Although, I thought it unlikely that this would apply to French residents and not tourists... time will tell I suppose.
ski holidays
I can't imagine visiting foreigners would be treated more leniently than French residents. There would be uproar!

As for the NHS covid app, when scanned by TAC verif it doesn't matter if it says "valid" for UK purposes, it shows the dates of vaccination and will be calculated against French rules to say if it is valid there or not.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
As for the NHS covid app, when scanned by TAC verif it doesn't matter if it says "valid" for UK purposes, it shows the dates of vaccination and will be calculated against French rules to say if it is valid there or not.

Precisely this, the QR codes just contain information, that information is tested against the local requirements, and that dictates whether you are ok in any given circumstance.
snow report
This has probably already been covered....apologies in advance if so!

For those flying into Switzerland and transiting to France it is understood that a negative PCR test is required up to 72 hours before to arrival in Switzerland. However, France require a negative PCR test up to 48 hours before arrival. It makes sense to combine this and take one PCR test if possible.

example;

If someone arrived in Geneva, Switzerland and immediately transits to France on a Saturday afternoon they could take a home PCR test on the Thursday afternoon and send this off the same day to receive the hopeful negative result the next day, on the Friday. In this situation do you have the entirety of Saturday to transit to France and satisfy the French requirements? Also, do you have precisely 48 hours from the the time in which you took the test, or 48 hours from the result, presumably the former?

The problem being if someone were to take a home PCR test on the Friday to get around this issue it is unlikely that they would receive the results in time as they would not be received until Saturday afternoon/evening... by which time you would need to be on the plane. Puzzled I am probably overthinking this but a rapid test/clinic test is not likely as there is a distinct lack of test centres within reach of where I am based...
ski holidays
@charlie1314, this issue has indeed been brought up a few times, including by me. I haven't found an answer yet either!

I'm pretty sure the 48 hour French clock starts from when you *take* the test, not when you receive the result.

I think the French 48 hour test will only be required for when you cross from Switzerland into France (and probably won't be asked for at a standard land border anyway), rather than when you get on or off the plane in the UK / Switzerland. So you should have a 72 hour deadline for the airport parts.

The tests tend to be guaranteed to come back "by midnight the next day", which as you say, would otherwise be too late for the flight if you took the test the today before - and would be too late for crossing into France too.

At the moment I'm working on the assumption that all this means:
1. the 72hr Swiss PCR deadline is the crucial one.
2. the 48hr French test probably won't be checked (but is, strictly speaking, still required)
3. the timelines mean that it's almost impossible to use the same PCR test for both countries
ski holidays
denfinella wrote:
@charlie1314, this issue has indeed been brought up a few times, including by me. I haven't found an answer yet either!

I'm pretty sure the 48 hour French clock starts from when you *take* the test, not when you receive the result.

I think the French 48 hour test will only be required for when you cross from Switzerland into France (and probably won't be asked for at a standard land border anyway), rather than when you get on or off the plane in the UK / Switzerland. So you should have a 72 hour deadline for the airport parts.

The tests tend to be guaranteed to come back "by midnight the next day", which as you say, would otherwise be too late for the flight if you took the test the today before - and would be too late for crossing into France too.

At the moment I'm working on the assumption that all this means:
1. the 72hr Swiss PCR deadline is the crucial one.
2. the 48hr French test probably won't be checked (but is, strictly speaking, still required)
3. the timelines mean that it's almost impossible to use the same PCR test for both countries

Thank you, unfortunately I think you are right re point 3 "the timelines mean that it's almost impossible to use the same PCR test for both countries". Not due to fly until mid January, so I hope the situation will be a little clearer by then!
snow report
One point to note is that France will accept either a PCR or an Anti-gen (lft) : if timing doesn't work - PCR to get onto aircraft for Geneva ; Home tested (but certified) LFT for France.. :
: And it will all have been changed by January !!!
snow conditions
Saw infor from the excellent @abi_butcher (journalist who writes for Telegraph) on twitter today who has been looking at all the requirements and is currently there.

She has got confirmation from Swiss Gov that no PCR is required when returning To Geneva from Resorts and its only for Flight Entry.

This will make a huge difference to many i think as the logistics of PCRs for all in resort would be interesting....
snow report
A bit off topic, but has anyone had their first 2 jabs in the UK and booster in France. How do the certificates tally up?
ski holidays
Not sure if I'm being thick but if the rules say you need to do a test 48hrs before returning to the UK, is this test a do at home LFT you can get from the chemist here in the UK and you do it in your chalet or does it have to be a supervised one at some medical centre in resort ?

The thought of virtually the whole resort trying to get a test at the one small medical centre on the same day sounds horrible
snow report
@Tiddles, My understanding is that the tests can be done in your chalet but they need to be the certified ones not the free NHS ones. I have just purchased some from a company called Testing for All.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks snowymum - the more i dig the more i understand - its just so confusing at first

now to find out what happens if you test positive and cant come home !!!
ski holidays
There are ways of ensuring you don’t test positive with these tests
snow report
gone on then ??
ski holidays
Have a play with some nhs tests to see what gives the single control line
latest report
I have an 11 year old son and I've just been to complete the french 'sworn statement' but now am really confused.

The page says 'Children under 12 years of age are exempt from testing.'

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

But the actual statement itself says:

Quote:
For persons aged 11 years or more, a virological screening test (PCR) of less than 48 hours prior to boarding showing no COVID-19 infection or an antigenic test taken less than 48 hours before boarding, showing no COVID-19 infection;

I really hope this is just a mistake, it says the same on the french version too:

Quote:
pour les personnes de onze ans ou plus, d’un examen biologique de dépistage virologique (PCR) réalisé moins de 48 heures avant l’embarquement ne concluant pas à une contamination par la covid-19 ou un test antigénique réalisé moins de 48 heures avant l’embarquement ne concluant pas à une contamination par la covid-19 ;
snow conditions
We have an 11 year old and a 14 year old (who is single vaccinated). We are playing it safe and our 11 year old will also do pre-travel tests in UK and France, just to make sure we are definitely covered. Also, sworn statements for all. I don’t think there are any other forms to complete apart from the passenger locator form for the return to UK.

We are all going to do the tests within 24 hours of travel as well, just to be sure!
ski holidays
@X5OT76,

Out of curiosity, where and who are are you testing with to get results back within 24 hours?

I am struggling to find the best way of testing, most options suggest results will be the following day before midnight - not helpful as I would already be on the plane!
snow report
charlie1314 wrote:
@X5OT76,

Out of curiosity, where and who are are you testing with to get results back within 24 hours?

I am struggling to find the best way of testing, most options suggest results will be the following day before midnight - not helpful as I would already be on the plane!

C19 fit to travel test kits. We have used these several times before, and the certificate always arrives within a few hours.

https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel
ski holidays
@X5OT76,

Thank you - presume it is the COVID-19 Outbound PCR Travel Test.

What I am stuck with is when to take the test?

The C19 website suggests if you are due to depart on a Saturday morning, the earliest you can take it is Thursday morning but that might cut the timings fine. Technically even if you take the test Thursday morning, receive the results by Friday latest and then depart Saturday morning, by the time you arrive and transit from Geneva to France it would have been more than 48 hours?
snow report
@Tris, I think it is the difference between traveling from a Green or Amber country : i.e. Green - under 12 exempt ; Amber - over 11 years needs test
latest report
@albob, I clicked on the amber country tab...

The wording on the amber page is the problem.... it says under 12yrs are exempt AND then 11yrs or older need testing.

Direct link to 'amber' document:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/130091/1035853/file/04-12-21-attestation-entree-depuis-pays-orange-anglais.docx
snow report
charlie1314 wrote:
@X5OT76,

Thank you - presume it is the COVID-19 Outbound PCR Travel Test.

What I am stuck with is when to take the test?

The C19 website suggests if you are due to depart on a Saturday morning, the earliest you can take it is Thursday morning but that might cut the timings fine. Technically even if you take the test Thursday morning, receive the results by Friday latest and then depart Saturday morning, by the time you arrive and transit from Geneva to France it would have been more than 48 hours?

No, the antigen is acceptable (unless things have changed again!), so it doesn’t need to be a PCR. Antigen certificate is sent within 12 hours of uploading the test to C19.

https://www.c19testing.co.uk/rapidtravel/

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 11-12-21 11:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy