Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel to Canada

Poster: A snowHead
So what you don't have is the recovery pass?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saintsman wrote:
Billy steele wrote:
RichardB wrote:
Well count me out now, the second PCR test result has locked me out of my COVID digital pass until the 20th January and I can’t get it unlocked after 3 hours on the phone to 119. Have to get in contact with Crystal now to cancel or rearrange to next year. I’m absolutely gutted and furious.

get a letter of recovery from Dr. they are online.

They just need to see a proof of positive test.

He needs the vax certificates to upload to ArriveCan as well - they'll be blocked out as well

Have you not taken off yet ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, that’s all I’m missing @Saintsman.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Billy steele wrote:
Saintsman wrote:
Billy steele wrote:
RichardB wrote:
Well count me out now, the second PCR test result has locked me out of my COVID digital pass until the 20th January and I can’t get it unlocked after 3 hours on the phone to 119. Have to get in contact with Crystal now to cancel or rearrange to next year. I’m absolutely gutted and furious.

get a letter of recovery from Dr. they are online.

They just need to see a proof of positive test.

He needs the vax certificates to upload to ArriveCan as well - they'll be blocked out as well

Have you not taken off yet ?

Just boarded
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RichardB wrote:
Yes, that’s all I’m missing @Saintsman.

bug. Don't see a way round that. They want to see the proof of infection, not a proof of recovery, regardless of what it's called in the NHS app. You could see if you can get a private PCR test maybe?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That’s it, I got an email from Crystal to ask if I wanted to cancel with a full refund due the increased testing at Canada’s airports and I have replied by email to do so. I just feel it’s not worth risking the money I’ve spent so far on the likelihood that I will get rejected at check in.

I just hope I start testing negative on a lateral flow test soon so I could possibly get a week in Europe on my 3rd week of leave, main thing is, no money lost doing this.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello all, on the arrivevcan app did you screen shot the NHS covid pass or upload the file? Not sure what to do. We go Saturday and want to make sure all boxes are ticked

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
narbs wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Actually yes I just checked back on EE at the statement afterwards and it was more expensive than normal.

Vodafone is £6 a day for us - over double the price of an eSIM.

Ok, the reason I didn’t notice a huge bill for the first trip to Canada was because the trip covered 2 billing periods. So March and April EE bills covered the February and March phone use in Canada and it was significantly more both months than usual. I used my phone as normal like I do at home, WiFi a lot of the time and 4G the rest of the time. I don’t make hardly any phone calls it’s all internet use and WhatsApp/FB messenger etc. It wasn’t horrific but it sounds like I will definitely save money by using the eSIM thing!

What’s the best one to use if it’s just data not calls or texts? I use WhatsApp for everything I don’t text anyone using IMessage or ordinary texts. 10 GB should be more than plenty over the course of the trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flying out tomorrow one more negative PCR to go.....

I have registered on Switch Health do I need to log in and answer as if I have been selected to do an arrival test and fill in all the other details? or will that mess things up for me as it is not (yet) true?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are flying tomorrow at 5pm ish ..not bothering registering with switch health..you never know we could be lucky Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pretty much sailed through YVR as well. No need for a paperwork review - just picked up my ticket from the kiosk, one of the codes on the printout must indicate whether you're going to be tested or not. It obviously associated passports with Arrivecan, so a quick chat with the border agent and we collected our bags - skis as usual took an age. Then at customs exit, another check of the ticket and you get pointed at one of two doors - A is for testing, B is straight through to the Arrivals hall.

Anyone who's flown through YVR before won't recognise the arrivals hall. Half of it is completely closed, most of the rest is testing kiosks, and a narrow channel for non-testing to squeeze through. They're pushing people outside as quickly as they can - no hanging around inside.

If you're transfer is with Whistler Connections look for the agent outside, not inside
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mabbott1987 wrote:
Hello all, on the arrivevcan app did you screen shot the NHS covid pass or upload the file? Not sure what to do. We go Saturday and want to make sure all boxes are ticked

Thanks in advance

I downloaded the pdf and uploaded that. Seems to have worked as I didn't get asked for it to be reviewed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yorkshirelad wrote:
We are flying tomorrow at 5pm ish ..not bothering registering with switch health..you never know we could be lucky Very Happy Very Happy

Switch wouldn't do you much good as YVR is LifeLabs.

Looked like virtually everyone was getting tested
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saintsman wrote:
Pretty much sailed through YVR as well. No need for a paperwork review - just picked up my ticket from the kiosk, one of the codes on the printout must indicate whether you're going to be tested or not. It obviously associated passports with Arrivecan, so a quick chat with the border agent and we collected our bags - skis as usual took an age. Then at customs exit, another check of the ticket and you get pointed at one of two doors - A is for testing, B is straight through to the Arrivals hall.

Anyone who's flown through YVR before won't recognise the arrivals hall. Half of it is completely closed, most of the rest is testing kiosks, and a narrow channel for non-testing to squeeze through. They're pushing people outside as quickly as they can - no hanging around inside.

If you're transfer is with Whistler Connections look for the agent outside, not inside

Thank you for all your updates.

I am all set for a week today !!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Saintsman wrote:

Sounds relatively painless, thanks!
latest report
@Saintsman, let us know how long it takes for the result to come back
snow report
Full refund confirmed, Crystal Ski did a quick job cancelling via email. Gutted about losing the trip but nothing lost financially and to be honest with my current situation it’s the best outcome I could get. Important lesson learned, don’t get another positive PCR test with the NHS straight after the first, it will likely screw you over.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@Saintsman, let us know how long it takes for the result to come back

I was flying on s positive tests result so no on arrivals test for me
ski holidays
@Saintsman, oh yes sorry I forgot.
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, you might have mixed him up with Snowsartre who is travelling with a PCR result and will likely be tested on arrival to Vancouver.
ski holidays
Anybody flown from Dublin (Via Heathrow) to Vancouver??....there's a group of us going to Whister on the 9th of Feb.
8 people....all trebly vaxxed, some had Covid in early December, I had it over Christmas and two have it now.

There's two us that will be on HSE documentation and 7 on NHS documentation.

Do you fancy our chances??
snow conditions
Seen on another frequent flyer forum (in German). I can't vouch for the veracity of any of this, but apparently if you ask there's an option to take a LifeLbas rapid test rather than the standard PCR at Vancouver. The cost? An eye-watering $200CAD per person
snow report
dazman wrote:
Anybody flown from Dublin (Via Heathrow) to Vancouver??....there's a group of us going to Whister on the 9th of Feb.
8 people....all trebly vaxxed, some had Covid in early December, I had it over Christmas and two have it now.

There's two us that will be on HSE documentation and 7 on NHS documentation.

Do you fancy our chances??

At bare minimum you'll want to be at least 10 days post infection. Any of you who can prove their positive result via NHS or HSE "should" be able to get in using that, and skip the on arrivals test. Everyone else will need the 72 hour pre-test and will likely get tested on arrival and suffer the isolation period.

To be fair, I found the whole process pretty straightforwards. It seems by this point everyone knows their jobs, what looks like a valid doc, what won't count, etc.
ski holidays
I'm not sure how it works in the NHS....but in Ireland we get a text confirming we're positive and then a link to follow with procedures etc, would that combined with an official EU recovery cert qualify you to get in untested??

Also..so as it stands there's still 3 who haven't caught it (Treble vaxed) so I assume they'll test one of them at least, are the hotels ok with you checking in awaiting test results??....and do you need a letter/email from them to show the Border guards where you' re going in quarantine whilst waiting on your results??

So many f**kng variables??...I feel like binning it off for Austria.
ski holidays
After missing out last year..being responsible and having 2 jabs +booster +covid ..I'm not missing out on ski holidays this year ..i have two weeks in whistler..quick turnround then Les Arc for a week (assuming France gives up been stupid)
Just got to get through YVRs PCR later today and i will hopefully enjoy life more again..
If you're not going to go now then when ?????
snow report
dazman wrote:
I'm not sure how it works in the NHS....but in Ireland we get a text confirming we're positive and then a link to follow with procedures etc, would that combined with an official EU recovery cert qualify you to get in untested??

Also..so as it stands there's still 3 who haven't caught it (Treble vaxed) so I assume they'll test one of them at least, are the hotels ok with you checking in awaiting test results??....and do you need a letter/email from them to show the Border guards where you' re going in quarantine whilst waiting on your results??

So many f**kng variables??...I feel like binning it off for Austria.

So, I got in on my NHS "Recovery" certificate and my NHS positive email. Not sure what the EU ones look like, but I would guess that they're pretty similar - the NHS cert is a QR code, details of the test, date, positive, and the authority that conducted it (in this case NHS). The email looks dodgy and could be faked by a 2 year old with MS Word. These docs get checked by your checkin agent at the airport, you just need to make sure you select the correct options in Arrivecan (that you're travelling on a positive test rather than a 72 hour negative test). If accepted at the airport and you;ve done Arrivecan properly, no-one will ask to see them again

For quarantine, you need to provide details in Arrivecan - where you're staying, that you won't be in contact with other people at risk or who aren't quarantining, that you can get access to food etc while not breaking quarantine. Hotels are fine, but you would probably need a setup where the guys that get tested (expect all 3 to get tested) would be rooming together.
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, I know I know....it just feels like it's such a long way to go with a cloud of uncertainty hanging over it.

Oh and don't worry..we'll be back in Ischgl for St Patricks Day.
latest report
RichardB wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, you might have mixed him up with Snowsartre who is travelling with a PCR result and will likely be tested on arrival to Vancouver.

Yes I think you’re right.
For what it’s worth I think you made the right decision taking your refund from Crystal. It’s not fun if it’s stressful thinking about it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
RichardB wrote:

Yes I think you’re right.
For what it’s worth I think you made the right decision taking your refund from Crystal. It’s not fun if it’s stressful thinking about it.

It got to the point of me losing my temper having being passed from pillar to post on 119 when I tried to get my COVID NHS Digital pass unlocked for the 16th as it should have been, it was a pointless waste of 3 hours trying.

I’m not proud of losing my temper but it just got to that point after which I decided to give up for my own mental well being!
latest report
apologies, I am going round in circles and I know this has been asked on here before but what proof of a positive covid test for children is acceptable? All we get is a text from NHS and an email which, as @Saintsman, points out, can easily be forged... Adults obviously have our NHS covid apps but 9 year olds don't.
ski holidays
Travel.gc.ca says "evidence" - so I think you need to present the actual positive test saying it was a PCR, the date, etc. If not from the NHS then a private test

I'm not sure that you'd want to come to Canada with a 9 year old anyway at the moment. Unless they're fully vaxed they can't attend ski school for the first 14 days in country, and a quick read of the rules implies they couldn't even go with you to a restaurant
ski holidays
Hi on ArriveCAN one of the questions is does the place that you plan to quarantine in have essential workers in it and list includes receptionists. So have everyone planning to quarantine in a hotel ticked yes to this question?
ski holidays
No, because you are quarantining in your hotel room, not hotel reception
latest report
At YVR.... pre book your test...
snow report
Saintsman wrote:
Travel.gc.ca says "evidence" - so I think you need to present the actual positive test saying it was a PCR, the date, etc. If not from the NHS then a private test

I'm not sure that you'd want to come to Canada with a 9 year old anyway at the moment. Unless they're fully vaxed they can't attend ski school for the first 14 days in country, and a quick read of the rules implies they couldn't even go with you to a restaurant

@Staintsman can you confirm where you read this restrictions for a 9 year old kid? I thought it was from 12 years that they needed to show proof of vaccination? Read this bc government Web page and whistler blackcomb.
snow report
@Saintsman, we obviously want to be respectful of Canadian regulations and would quite happily ski with our kids if ski school wasn’t an option and sit outside mountain restaurants in a blizzard or take a packed lunch - all for the love of being in the mountains! Staying in a full house with private transfers so no issue there either.

Just need to understand what evidence they will accept for the kids as they’ve all had covid in the last month. As have us adults as well!
ski holidays
Tough times reading through all this. Good luck to all.

I am considering a solo trip to Whistler in March as I have a stack of free air miles. Biggest hurdle it seems is this darn on arrival test. Held up for 24-48 hours really blow my fast and cheap solo trip:(

Catching Covid now almost seems the easy and only solution.... What a world we currently all live in:(
ski holidays
WASHOUT wrote:
Saintsman wrote:

@Staintsman can you confirm where you read this restrictions for a 9 year old kid? I thought it was from 12 years that they needed to show proof of vaccination? Read this bc government Web page and whistler blackcomb.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#children

This is federal rules for entering Canada
ski holidays
weirdonorskie wrote:
@Saintsman, we obviously want to be respectful of Canadian regulations and would quite happily ski with our kids if ski school wasn’t an option and sit outside mountain restaurants in a blizzard or take a packed lunch - all for the love of being in the mountains! Staying in a full house with private transfers so no issue there either.

Just need to understand what evidence they will accept for the kids as they’ve all had covid in the last month. As have us adults as well!

They want to see proof of infection. So if you don't have an NHS proof for them, you need a private test that says it's a PCR, date and time, location, and the provuder who as carried it out. Just the NHS email won't be enough
snow report
coochiemudlo wrote:
... I am considering a solo trip to Whistler in March as I have a stack of free air miles.
Biggest hurdle it seems is this darn on arrival test. Held up for 24-48 hours really blow my fast and cheap solo trip:( ...

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
Quote:
As a fully vaccinated traveller, you can travel to your place of quarantine, including on connecting flights, without waiting for your arrival test results (if selected for testing), unless it is determined at the border that you do not have a suitable quarantine plan.

So is it not as simple as making your "quarantine plan" being "stay in Whistler at the accommodation you have booked" and then go there (even on the bus!) and await the test result? If it comes in 17 hours (as mine did in December), then you may lose one day on the slopes, assuming you remember you are quarantining that day. Anyone "not selected" would not have that issue at all, but would presumably present the same social risk.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy