Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
A relative is skiing in France from boxing day onwards...kids are 12 and 14 and have one jab each....but have been told their kids have to take a daily pcr test EVERY day at a cost of £50 each....wow !!!!!!
Is this right ??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yorkshirelad wrote:
A relative is skiing in France from boxing day onwards...kids are 12 and 14 and have one jab each....but have been told their kids have to take a daily pcr test EVERY day at a cost of £50 each....wow !!!!!!
Is this right ??

Not my understanding, antigen test is enough. £20 from a pharmacie, still a PITA though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I *Think* I have this sussed for our trip next weekend.... humour me, I know this is the billionth post that everyone's seen about tests... I need reassurance that I'm not a dope:

ANDORRA XMAS TRIP (SUN - SUN)

*2x fully vaccinated adults
*12yo with no vaccination status - must test to travel
*7yo - no testing required when with vaccinated adult

——————

UK > FRANCE (TLS) > ANDORRA
- Adults Proof of Vaccination - QR code on phone + paper version
- Adults take Randox LF test at home from 1pm Friday
- 12yo takes Randox LF test from 1pm Saturday
*CANCEL COLLINSON MCR DRIVE THRU TEST IF 12YO’s HOME TEST RESULTS RETURNS IN TIME*
- Adults + 12yo fill in France ‘statement of honour’ form (printed version)
- Have 12yo’s test certificate printed/on phone for Pass Sanitaire

———————

ANDORRA > FRANCE (TLS) > UK
Adults + 12yo fill in France ‘statement of honour’ form on Friday - take printed versions with us
Friday lunchtime - we all complete UK Passenger Locator Form online inc/ DAY 2 PCR test reference
Friday lunchtime - Adults and 12yo take RANDOX LF test

———————

IN UK
- All take Day 2 PCR test as soon as arriving in UK
- Drop PCR test at Randox dropbox - Isolate until results return
- Have massive drink, get Boxing Day snacks out, veg on sofa
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is this right ??

Depends where they're going. Val Thorens are apparently charging €75. Guidance is for pharmacies to charge €25.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
psenior1 wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is this right ??

Not my understanding, antigen test is enough. £20 from a pharmacie, still a PITA though

The instructions from the French Ski Federation state that an antigen test is fine for their own activities.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Think we're doing the same trip!
I have the same plan, my only concern is using the Randox LFTs for the return journey for unvaxxed teen who needs the test to get back into France, not just in to get into the UK. French rules say you can't use self-administered tests and it would be obvious it was a self-administered one if the result has come from a UK lab. My plan is to get an in-person antigen test for my teen in resort on the Friday just to be safe.

Specialman wrote:
I *Think* I have this sussed for our trip next weekend.... humour me, I know this is the billionth post that everyone's seen about tests... I need reassurance that I'm not a dope:

ANDORRA XMAS TRIP (SUN - SUN)

*2x fully vaccinated adults
*12yo with no vaccination status - must test to travel
*7yo - no testing required when with vaccinated adult

——————

UK > FRANCE (TLS) > ANDORRA
- Adults Proof of Vaccination - QR code on phone + paper version
- Adults take Randox LF test at home from 1pm Friday
- 12yo takes Randox LF test from 1pm Saturday
*CANCEL COLLINSON MCR DRIVE THRU TEST IF 12YO’s HOME TEST RESULTS RETURNS IN TIME*
- Adults + 12yo fill in France ‘statement of honour’ form (printed version)
- Have 12yo’s test certificate printed/on phone for Pass Sanitaire

———————

ANDORRA > FRANCE (TLS) > UK
Adults + 12yo fill in France ‘statement of honour’ form on Friday - take printed versions with us
Friday lunchtime - we all complete UK Passenger Locator Form online inc/ DAY 2 PCR test reference
Friday lunchtime - Adults and 12yo take RANDOX LF test

———————

IN UK
- All take Day 2 PCR test as soon as arriving in UK
- Drop PCR test at Randox dropbox - Isolate until results return
- Have massive drink, get Boxing Day snacks out, veg on sofa
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hel1234 wrote:
I have the same plan, my only concern is using the Randox LFTs for the return journey for unvaxxed teen who needs the test to get back into France, not just in to get into the UK. French rules say you can't use self-administered tests and it would be obvious it was a self-administered one if the result has come from a UK lab. My plan is to get an in-person antigen test for my teen in resort on the Friday just to be safe.

Ah, I see Crystal has changed it's travel advice PDF:

Children aged 12-17 need to book and pay for a negative antigen (lateral flow) test to be taken 48 hours before departure or a PCR test to be taken no earlier than 72 hours before departure to enter France from Andorra. Self-administered tests are not accepted, so you’ll need to book a test with a medical professional around 3 days before you want to take the test.

It used to say something like "check out our suppliers such as Randox...", they've removed that bit so that's now making me doubt the validity of taking a Randox one with us to do.
Mind you, I doubt they'll be checking people on the border by the coachload so I guess once you're in France then you just need to present a 'return to the UK' test like the adults... think I'll play it by ear and if we have to do a test in resort then so be it.

Interesting to note that Neilson's advice lack detail on who performs the test for accompanied 12-15yos... no wonder people are all muddled:

- Negative Antigen or PCR test withinn 48 hours of departure
- Completed UK Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours of departure
- Booked a Day 2 PCR Test

Where are you headed? We're going to Arinsal, first ski trip for the kids and it'll be different having Christmas not at home
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
Travelling to La Plagne today via Eurotunnel.
Uploaded Vaccines, Attestation, C19 Lateral Flow test.
Only check was query at French passport control if we had a covid test. Said "yes". Didn't ask to see certificate.
Now on earlier train. Just leaving - we are on our way! Very Happy

It's always like this at the tunnel. It's the airline staff who are ... shall we say ... overzealous.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman wrote:
Hel1234 wrote:

Ah, I see Crystal has changed it's travel advice PDF:

Children aged 12-17 need to book and pay for a negative antigen (lateral flow) test to be taken 48 hours before departure or a PCR test to be taken no earlier than 72 hours before departure to enter France from Andorra. Self-administered tests are not accepted, so you’ll need to book a test with a medical professional around 3 days before you want to take the test.

It used to say something like "check out our suppliers such as Randox...", they've removed that bit so that's now making me doubt the validity of taking a Randox one with us to do.
Mind you, I doubt they'll be checking people on the border by the coachload so I guess once you're in France then you just need to present a 'return to the UK' test like the adults... think I'll play it by ear and if we have to do a test in resort then so be it.

Interesting to note that Neilson's advice lack detail on who performs the test for accompanied 12-15yos... no wonder people are all muddled:

- Negative Antigen or PCR test withinn 48 hours of departure
- Completed UK Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours of departure
- Booked a Day 2 PCR Test

Where are you headed? We're going to Arinsal, first ski trip for the kids and it'll be different having Christmas not at home

We're going to Pas de la Casa. Originally booked to go to Italy (also with Crystal) but had to change plans when Super Green Pass introduced! Still not convinced we'll actually get anywhere this year so haven't actually booked any tests yet ......
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We normally take the motorhome for Jan and Feb but I'm starting to feel a bit pessimistic about a) getting away in the New Year and b) skiing in Feb so we have brought departure forward two weeks.

I've ordered fit2fly and return to UK antigen tests but not the 2 day PCR test as that might change by then.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tristero wrote:
Boris wrote:

As for reaction - didn't this happen about 2 years ago?

One year ago - in the midst of the English Plague aka Alpha.

To be honest, it's not exactly the same this time around, as testing positive indicates that you are probably contagious. But then again, if you drive home, you will probably meet fewer people than by quarantining at some place you would yet have to find.

So I guess, this still holds true:
snowdave wrote:

If you told me that someone local had COVID, and they were planning to get in their car and drive a long long way away from me, and not see anyone on the way, I'd think that was a good thing. Nationality doesn't come into it, from a purely personal perspective, someone with COVID removing themselves from my proximity, and ideally from being a burden on my local healthcare system, is a good thing.

On the other hand, if you told me they were planning to board a plane/bus/travel through crowded hubs, I'd think they should be locked up.

But, risking to repeat myself, it imho only works if you're driving:

Bergmeister wrote:

Easyjet accepted our LF Test certificates Very Happy (our tests were yesterday) and asked to see our proof of vaccination. They also asked if we had sworn statements of honour, which we do, but didn't wish to see them.

I've been well and truly ground down by the hassle of all the new testing regulations, flight cancellations, flight rebooking,car hire cancellation, train booking and having to look for a hotel on our last night in France.

However, once we are in Val Thorens it will all be worth it.

Now we just have the Covid test in 5 days time in France hanging over us rolling eyes

What's your plan exactly, if you test positive in Val Thorens for your way back home? Fake tests and then sitting crunched together with a ton of other people on a plane? Going by train? Trying to rent a car, which you drive to - where? Calais? And then hopping on a train, crunched together...? Quarantining in VT at peak season rates - if you are even able to find a place? Quarantining in Albertville? How do you get there? By bus?

I can't help myself but thinking, flying out is madness. Even more so with Omicron taking over.

The apartment we have is free until Boxing Day, so if we test positive on 13th Dec we can isolate for 10 days there, then rejig the flights home (or take a train to the Channel, if we have to rolling eyes )

We are hoping it doesn't come to that, however, and that this time next week we will be saying it was all worth it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is this right ??

Antigen at 25 Euros.
It’s costing us £850 in testing!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
philipb wrote:
Quote:

there any proof/confirmation for this?

I am due to ski in Jan 2022. My second vaccine was administered during August 2021, NHS / online sources in the UK suggest that a booster is unlikely to reach my age group any time soon and at least six months following the second jab. If so, that would take me beyond Jan 2022...

There was a thread about this last week I think. I believe that as from Jan 15th the Pass Sanitaire expires 7 months after last jab for under 65's although it's different if you had the one shot Jannsen vaccine. I'm keen to find out as my son is in the same boat as you.
I've just emailed the French covid help email to ask and will update when/if I hear back.

Also keen to hear the reply to this. We deliberately made it so our second jab was in September to put us well inside 6 months for a January trip as I had a sneaky suspicion that a time limit would be placed on jabs. I am sure when they first mentioned a booster it originally said somewhere about the dates, but now I cannot find that anywhere.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rednat5 wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is this right ??

Antigen at 25 Euros.

This is crazy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rednat5 wrote:
yorkshirelad wrote:
Is this right ??

Antigen at 25 Euros.

Quite apart from the not insignificant cost, the daily aggravation is a complete show stopper to my mind.
latest report
With 184000 new cases reportextoday in France, this may all become academic

https://www.santepubliquefrance.fr/dossiers/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-chiffres-cles-et-evolution-de-la-covid-19-en-france-et-dans-le-monde

Assuming it's not a typo or some paperwork went missing earlier in the week, it does seem an outlier but....
snow conditions
Quote:

There was a thread about this last week I think. I believe that as from Jan 15th the Pass Sanitaire expires 7 months after last jab for under 65's although it's different if you had the one shot Jannsen vaccine. I'm keen to find out as my son is in the same boat as you.
I've just emailed the French covid help email to ask and will update when/if I hear back.

This from CNET on latest Pass Sanitaire rules explains things. If you had AZ, Pfizer or Moderna you are eligible for booster five momth after 2nd shot - you them have two months in wyto get your noosti, if you don't get it your Pass Sanitaire expires - so 7 months in total from 2nd jab. For Jannsen you only have a month.

"Can you lose your pass if you don't get your booster shot?
Yes, but it deserves an explanation. The booster dose is now open to any adult. Eligible audiences vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca can therefore take a 3rd dose and people who have caught Covid a second dose from 5 months after the previous injection or contagion. As for people who have been vaccinated with Janssen, they may take a second booster dose 4 weeks after the first.

People who have been vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca and those who have caught the Covid have, after these 5 months, a period of two months to do their booster dose while people vaccinated with Janssen will have only 1 month to do their booster. If the booster dose has not been given within these times, then the health pass will be deactivated.

Note that at the end of the booster injection, you will receive a new QR Code that you will have to scan in TousAntiCovid like the previous ones to extend your health pass via the application. However, be aware that the paper version is immediately valid, no need to wait a week before your vaccination schedule is considered complete. "
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:

https://www.santepubliquefrance.fr/dossiers/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-chiffres-cles-et-evolution-de-la-covid-19-en-france-et-dans-le-monde

Assuming it's not a typo or some paperwork went missing earlier in the week, it does seem an outlier but....

Jeez. That's crazy. Does it include all the cases from Sunday? I note the number that day was very low.
ski holidays
I did wonder that hence the cautious tone, but there's no explanation with the basic stats, perhaps more will emerge later as it makes the headlines.
latest report
philipb wrote:
Quote:

This from CNET on latest Pass Sanitaire rules explains things. If you had AZ, Pfizer or Moderna you are eligible for booster five momth after 2nd shot - you them have two months in wyto get your noosti, if you don't get it your Pass Sanitaire expires - so 7 months in total from 2nd jab. For Jannsen you only have a month.

"Can you lose your pass if you don't get your booster shot?
Yes, but it deserves an explanation. The booster dose is now open to any adult. Eligible audiences vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca can therefore take a 3rd dose and people who have caught Covid a second dose from 5 months after the previous injection or contagion. As for people who have been vaccinated with Janssen, they may take a second booster dose 4 weeks after the first.

People who have been vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca and those who have caught the Covid have, after these 5 months, a period of two months to do their booster dose while people vaccinated with Janssen will have only 1 month to do their booster. If the booster dose has not been given within these times, then the health pass will be deactivated.

Note that at the end of the booster injection, you will receive a new QR Code that you will have to scan in TousAntiCovid like the previous ones to extend your health pass via the application. However, be aware that the paper version is immediately valid, no need to wait a week before your vaccination schedule is considered complete. "

Except many Janssen people aren’t yet eligible for a booster. Ireland won’t give it till Feb for under 40s
ski holidays
tccambs wrote:
chocksaway wrote:

Jeez. That's crazy. Does it include all the cases from Sunday? I note the number that day was very low.

Some sources say 60 K today. The above number sounds like 2 days worth. Not like 60 K is much better....

https://www.linternaute.com/actualite/guide-vie-quotidienne/2462477-direct-coronavirus-en-france-61-340-nouveaux-cas-macron-fait-le-point/
snow conditions
its on the BBC's live feed, France reporting 59k today, highest since November 2020
latest report
59k was yesterday, the French numbers tend to come out after 7pm. Worldometer has not updated for today (probably sanity checking!). But I see the other source says for today. Somebodies pen appears to have slipped
snow conditions
61k now seems to be the widely accepted figure, but the original link of mine, sent by a buddy in France, is still showing 184k!
latest report
61k according to Worldometer and Tousanticovid, still bad.........
latest report
[quote="bezthespaniard"]
Quote:

Except many Janssen people aren’t yet eligible for a booster. Ireland won’t give it till Feb for under 40s

Ireland will likely offer boosters to those in their 30s and 40s before Christmas:
https://www.thejournal.ie/booster-under-40s-5623912-Dec2021/

But since Ireland are not yet adding boosters to EU Covid Cert, it will create problems for travel.
snow conditions
Has France given any indication at what level they might introduce international (or internal) travel restrictions?
ski holidays
France entry requirements:
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/#vaccination
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ecureuil wrote:
Has France given any indication at what level they might introduce international (or internal) travel restrictions?

I think they essentially use ICU occupancy? At the moment, the spike in cases seems entirely driven by primary school age kids, and their parents (30-39). The kids have been specially targeted for testing recently (at least in our region).

The admission of patients over the age of 70 is beginning to tick up, but looks a long way off previous peaks. The death rate in wave 1 and 2 was 1800-2000 per week. It is now <400. Incidentally, 12.7 % of people over 80 are unvaccinated, which is quite remarkable.

snow report
@5RED, this reads that an antigen test now needs to be taken on arrival. Is that anyone else’s reading?
latest report
@twoodwar, where are you reading that? Still says 48 hrs or 24 for unvaccinated
latest report
@twoodwar, I believe the translation from the French text "Ils pourront faire l’objet d’un test antigénique à l’arrivée" is " They may (could) be tested for antigen upon arrival" so I think that means that the French might carry out random testing.
ski holidays
@Katherine66, ok thanks, but the translation does not read like that@Timmycb5, under orange countries is states that lateral flow tests need to be taken. Not random, however I accept this could have been the intention, just a poor translation.
latest report
twoodwar wrote:
@Katherine66, ok thanks, but the translation does not read like that@Timmycb5, under orange countries is states that lateral flow tests need to be taken. Not random, however I accept this could have been the intention, just a poor translation.

Your Attestation d'Honeur says you accept that you may be tested on arrival into France.
ski holidays
@twoodwar, Ok, I agree it is confusing - I took my comment from the following:

Conditions d’entrée en France métropolitaine depuis le Royaume-Uni
Tous les voyageurs de douze ans ou plus, en provenance du Royaume Uni, s’ils sont vaccinés, doivent présenter à l’embarquement, le résultat négatif d’un test PCR ou d’un test antigénique (TAG) réalisé moins de 48 heures avant le départ. Ils pourront faire l’objet d’un test antigénique à l’arrivée.

i.e. you must (doivent) present a negative PCR or LFT taken 48 hours before departure. They may (pourront) have to take a LFT on arrival. I think the English text is unclear and subject to poor translation.
snow report
So following up twoodwar's point : are we, vaccinated visitors, meant to tick the box ( on the sworn statement / declaration d'honneur) that says " I hereby agree ..... to take an antigen test.... on arrival" ?
snow conditions
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/article/rules-that-apply-to-countries-and-territories-on-the-green-orange-red-or does now state “Mandatory test upon arrival” even for “green” countries (EDIT: that is for the unvaccinated from “green” countries, but appears to apply to everyone from “orange” countries)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 9-12-21 12:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
If you look at the translation for arrivals from a "green country" they are also subject to a "Systematic PCR or antigen test" under the heading "Mandatory Test on Arrival" so, who knows....
ski holidays
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4

Some confusion - In the link above (dated 8 Dec);
"..2.1. Movement regulations
If already vaccinated, you are under no restrictions when entering Metropolitan France..."

Then

2.2. Health control measures
If already vaccinated, you shall provide evidence of your vaccination status, a sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and of any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, as well as results of a virological (PCR) or antigen screening test taken less than 48 hours prior to departure that did not detect any COVID-19 contamination, in order to enter Metropolitan France.

One contradicts the other ..!

Edit == you need to click on the relevant bits to get detail
latest report
Yikes. That definitely appears to be the case about testing on arrival!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy