Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
Oleski wrote:
peerless ploughman wrote:
Further to rob@rar's point about the statement of honour ( for travellers from 'orange' countries incl UK) does it have to be in french or is there an officially -accepted version in english?

The official one is in English

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/129965/1035061/file/30-11-2021-attestation-de-deplacement-vers-la-france-metropolitaine-orange-version-anglaise.docx
That form is for UNvaccinated travellers. I did have a quick look for a Amber List form in English for vaccinated travellers and couldn't find one this morning. Anyone spotted that form?

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 3-12-21 11:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Marmot wrote:
I noticed this issue as well after a good friend who had travelled to France twice in the Autumn had directed me to the ‘wrong’ version. When I questioned him about it he said ‘yes, you are right. I have been using the wrong form. However, no-one noticed, or at least mentioned, it was wrong on either of my trips! Smile
There doesn't seem to be much difference between the Honour Statement for Green and Amber List except that the Amber List form asks you to declare that you have had a recent antigen test, but you'd have to have a certificate to proof that in any case so in terms of actually providing relevant information to the Border Guard a Green List form plus an antigen certificate provides the same info. Having said that, would you want to be turned away by an overly officious Border Guard because you had the Green form rather than Amber...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JDL65 wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Anyone spotted that form?

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Thanks, that seems to be it. Here's the direct download link.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Edited as positive action was done, no need for this post now.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-12-21 11:29; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, point 7 deleted, apologies to everyone
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Oleski, generously and graciously done!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the French form where it says "Done in" followed by the date, what are they asking for in the "done in" section?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gadge wrote:
On the French form where it says "Done in" followed by the date, what are they asking for in the "done in" section?

The location where you completed / signed the form
(Town / City etc. not precise address)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowrider wrote:
Gadge wrote:

The location where you completed / signed the form
(Town / City etc. not precise address)

Perfect and thanks. That's what I assumed but we know the risks of assuming!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has anyone seen any concrete info since the changes to entry requirements too place, that refer specifically to travellers from Andorra entering France?
I'm under the assumption that we'll have to test before we leave Andorra to catch our flight from Toulouse, with it being less than 10 days since we left the UK?...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, does anyone have an idea of what's required to prove recovery from Covid for single jabbed teens?

I have a 15 & 13 yr old who have had covid within the last 6 months. (they are also single jabbed).

Mot of the info I can find is about the single jab. All I have is the email / text stating a positive test result.

Thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
james75 wrote:
Hi, does anyone have an idea of what's required to prove recovery from Covid for single jabbed teens?

I have a 15 & 13 yr old who have had covid within the last 6 months. (they are also single jabbed).

Mot of the info I can find is about the single jab. All I have is the email / text stating a positive test result.

Thanks

I have the same issue with my 12 year old. Only proof of recovery certificate I can find is through a google search and clinics will charge you a couple hundred quid for providing a certificate (which I’m guessing all they will do is check your email stating positive result). Extremely frustrating and tests in resort probably work out cheaper but major hassle factor
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ive just come through pass port control in Dover, no tests, I asked the Gendarmes if it was definitely coming in tomorrow, they said ,yes. Nobody ever asks for that honour declaration. DFDS said they had not had official notification, as yet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BoardieK wrote:
the infection figures are rising in France I fear the big picture is that they are headed for another lockdown.

Well so far the triumvirate Macron/Castex/Veran have been very voluble that that is not on the cards ... and I am not so sure that the 88.2% fully vaccinated (not necessarily boosted) population is going to be very keen on that sort of restriction ... and economically, it's a. far from appealing and b. at that level of 2 jabs, far from guaranteed to be all that effective vs. the costs.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus has now been updated:

"À partir du 4 décembre à minuit, toute personne entrant sur le territoire français doit présenter un test PCR ou antigénique négatif de moins de 24h ou 48h en fonction du pays de provenance. Seule exception, les personnes présentant un schéma vaccinal complet n’ont pas à présenter de test, lorsqu'elles arrivent d'un État membre de l'Union européenne, d'Andorre, d'Islande, du Liechtenstein, de Monaco, de la Norvège, de Saint-Marin, du Saint-Siège ou de la Suisse."
ski holidays
@snowrider, no English translation yet though it appears, which is pretty useful I would have thought?
snow conditions
snowrider wrote:

"À partir du 4 décembre à minuit, toute personne entrant sur le territoire français doit présenter un test PCR ou antigénique négatif de moins de 24h ou 48h en fonction du pays de provenance. Seule exception, les personnes présentant un schéma vaccinal complet n’ont pas à présenter de test, lorsqu'elles arrivent d'un État membre de l'Union européenne, d'Andorre, d'Islande, du Liechtenstein, de Monaco, de la Norvège, de Saint-Marin, du Saint-Siège ou de la Suisse."

From December 4 at midnight, anyone entering French territory must present a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 24 or 48 hours depending on the country of origin. The only exception is that people with a complete vaccination schedule do not have to take a test when they arrive from a Member State of the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, the Holy See or Switzerland
ski holidays
snowrider wrote:

Anybody worked out whether UK is the 24 or 48hr ruling? Expecting 24 tbh
ski holidays
in english now too https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France
ski holidays
@NickyJ, 48 hours prior to departure
latest report
at least the 48 hours makes the Boxing day departure a bit easier.
snow report
@Oleski, thank you… although for us this is all still academic as we aren’t traveling until Feb half term, and it can all change AGAIN (20 times) before we go with the current rate of change
ski holidays
Ok I can live with that - we're going 31st and plenty of places can get LFT to us 2-days before for a upload with passport photo
latest report
james75 wrote:

Thanks

For France there doesn't appear to be a confirmed solution other than daily antigen tests.

For. Austria you just need written formal conformation (e.g. signed letter from. GP) of prior infection within 180 days of trip.

We're booked to go to Avoriaz, but as a back up I've booked an apartment in Kaprun as I can't imagine daily antigen tests, checks at ski lifts etc are going to go well.
latest report
I'm still confused - so now its

- Fully vaccinated travellers have negative test < 48 hours before departure - ie me and my husband

- Unvaccinated travellers (over 12) have to have negative test <24 hours before departure - ie kids (1 x 14 yr old (double vaccinated but can't prove it) and 1x 12year +1 month who does (?) need an entry test, but not need a Pass Sanitaire)?

Am I right? I need a lie down.....

Quel bordel!
snow report
Mr Marmot wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:
Eurotunnel le Shuttle have updated their advice page
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca
Thanks. Make sure you download the correct "Statement of Honour" form for entry to France. I'd previously downloaded the form suitable for travellers from countries on France's Green List, but just noticed I needed the form for travellers from Orange List countries (download French version)

Yes, good shout. The UK is considered to be an ‘Amber’ list country in the French system.

I noticed this issue as well after a good friend who had travelled to France twice in the Autumn had directed me to the ‘wrong’ version. When I questioned him about it he said ‘yes, you are right. I have been using the wrong form. However, no-one noticed, or at least mentioned, it was wrong on either of my trips! Smile

Also note the guidance from Eurotunnel on unvaccinated and teenagers.
snow conditions
@Joyceycat, sounds right to me. Plus daily antigen tests for the 12 year, 2 month year olds up to 15 year olds, to use restaurants, hotels and ski lifts.... oh and tests for all on return.
ski holidays
Anyone any idea where I might find the English version of the statement of honour in pdf format? I haven't got an Office subscription so docx is no good for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thecramps, open it using Google docs?
snow report
From Eurotunnel website. https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca

Travel from the UK to France

We do our best to interpret and update this page as soon as advice from the French government changes. For the very latest advice on entering France, we recommend checking diplomatie.gouv.fr, interieur.gouv.fr and uk.ambafrance.org before travel.

Vaccinated Travellers

1. Sworn statement of honour
Fully vaccinated passengers are only required to complete a "Statement of honour"

Download from interieur.gouv.fr
(Click "TRAVEL TO/FROM AN AMBER LIST COUNTRY")
These must be completed for each passenger, and presented digitally or printed to border control authorities.

2. Negative COVID tests
From Saturday the 4th of December fully vaccinated passengers over 12 years of age require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR test or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow) test taken no more than 48 hours before travel (find a private test provider). Passengers may be required to submit to a virological screening test or biological examination upon arrival.

At French border controls you will need to present digital or paper evidence of the negative result from the private test provider.

You will not be required to quarantine upon arrival in France. Unvaccinated minors travelling with fully vaccinated adults will not be required to quarantine.

Unvaccinated Travellers

1. French health declarations
The UK is classified by France as an Amber List Country. Unvaccinated passengers can only travel to France if you have pressing grounds for travel. The list of pressing grounds is set out in the "Travel Certificate to Metropolitan France" drawn up by the Ministry of the Interior.

To enter France you are required to supply 2 documents

a "Statement of honour" - required for all passengers 12 and over
a "Travel certificate to Metropolitan France" - required for all passengers 18 and over.
(Click "TRAVEL TO/FROM AN AMBER LIST COUNTRY")
These must be completed for each passenger, and presented digitally or printed to border control authorities.

For more information regarding travel to France from an Amber List Country please visit: Coronavirus - Advice for Foreign Nationals in France - Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs (diplomatie.gouv.fr)

2. Negative COVID tests
From Saturday the 4th of December unvaccinated passengers over 12 years of age require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR test or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow) test taken no more than 24 hours before travel (find a private test provider). Passengers may be required to submit to a virological screening test or biological examination upon arrival.

At French border controls you will need to present digital or paper evidence of the negative result from the private test provider.

3. Quarantine
Unvaccinated passengers over 12 years old must quarantine for 7 days upon arrival in France (unless transiting through France in under 24hrs). Unvaccinated minors travelling with fully vaccinated adults will not be required to quarantine.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 3-12-21 14:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Oleski wrote:
in english now too https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

Oh dear, this says: "Self-administred tests (NHS test for example) are not considered valid for travel."

Presumably that rules out all the home test kits from private providers?

This is just getting more and more complicated.
snow conditions
tccambs wrote:
Oleski wrote:

Oh dear, this says: "Self-administred tests (NHS test for example) are not considered valid for travel."

That's not my understanding. A result from a self administered private test is acceptable.
latest report
@tccambs, Eurotunnel above makes the distinction between NHS and Private providers - only the latter being acceptable.

Negative COVID tests
From Saturday the 4th of December fully vaccinated passengers over 12 years of age require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR test or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow) test taken no more than 48 hours before travel (find a private test provider). Passengers may be required to submit to a virological screening test or biological examination upon arrival.

snow report
tccambs wrote:
Oleski wrote:

I recall reading right at the start of the pademic in an EU document that was referred to as a standard for testing that said self-administered tests were not sufficient, I wondered why this didn’t really seemed to be the case earlier on and until now that this was was more observed in the breach by many EU members.

In any case how would they know which of the private tests were self administered and not from the certs/QRs issued at the moment?
snow report
tccambs wrote:
Oleski wrote:

My understanding is that this means a test has to be electronically validated by the provider, as opposed to free tests that are being handed out at every corner where you just do the test and no one except you knows you did.
ski holidays
@7ncj, doesn't work for me. Goes straight to office as soon as I open it, with no "open with" option. Office just tells me to log in with a subscription.
snow conditions
Does leave me feeling bemused....

- unvaccinated 12yo can travel into France but has to do a test 24hrs before travelling and has to quarantine for 7 days
- unvaccinated 12yo can travel into France but has to do a test 24hrs before travelling and doesn't need to quarantine if they're transitting through in under 24hrs
- unvaccinated 12yo can travel with vaccinated adult but has to do a test 24hrs before travelling - doesn't need to quarantine.
- unvaccinated 7yo who lives in same house as unvaccinated 12yo who's travelling with adult doesn't have to do test, doesn't need to quarantine
- vaccinated 42yo needs to take test 48hrs before travel and can go as he pleases

...and then:

- vaccinated 42yo and unvaccinated 7yo can go from Andorra to France and catch a plane home with no tests other than Day 2 in UK
- unvaccinated 12yo who's spent the whole holiday with the above has to do a test in Andorra 48hrs before travelling to get into France, and then do a Day 2 test in UK

I've had easier exams to fathom Toofy Grin
latest report
Bought four FitToFly LatFlow of confirmtesting.com

None can be used as the QR Codes on all of them are 'unregistered or test has been used'. Looking on twitter i'm not along in having this problem.

Cant get a response from them.

Going to have to buy replacements as traveling on Sunday.

If you're going to use 'confirmtesting.com' be careful - have a backup plan!
snow report
thecramps wrote:
@7ncj, doesn't work for me. Goes straight to office as soon as I open it, with no "open with" option. Office just tells me to log in with a subscription.

Strange, I can open it on my iPad with Google docs installed. If you’re happy to send me a private message with your email address I’ll download a copy, save it as a PDF, and send it to you.

You’d be risking them not accepting one completed with handwriting though.
snow conditions
thecramps wrote:

download it, then go to google docs and upload it there
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy