Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if anyone’s posted this, but a fair bit of clarity from the French Embassy here - test is 24hrs before departure but can be PCR or antigen. No need to complete EOS (PLF) form or isolate. https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-France-relaxes-restrictions-for-vaccinated-travellers-between-UK-and
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bitoffluff, My nhs app shows booster - maybe close and open it again? Turn phone on and off to relaunch app?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bitoffluff said
Quote:

NHS proof only shows the 2 main ones not the booster

I'm not sure about the Scottish version of the NHS App but the English version definitely shows the Booster. If the Scottish App is SUPPOSED to show the booster and yours doesn't then you need to talk to your doctor
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy from embsay wrote:
By the way the UK gov website that was inaccurate and said you needed a PCR if you were transiting has been changed, I like to think because of a twitter whinge from me. It now says PCR or LFT

UPDATE: Due to not being very good at reading the rogue section “transiting” is still there and is wrong - I’ve chased FCDO again and they’re “reviewing” it…

What makes you so sure it's wrong?

I am flying to Geneva on Saturday, to transit to France and am not clear whether a PCR test is actually a requirement or not. It certainly makes no sense given France & Switzerland criteria now state lateral flow is ok but do you have evidence that it is not correct?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skyfly88 wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
By the way the UK gov website that was inaccurate and said you needed a PCR if you were transiting has been changed, I like to think because of a twitter whinge from me. It now says PCR or LFT

UPDATE: Due to not being very good at reading the rogue section “transiting” is still there and is wrong - I’ve chased FCDO again and they’re “reviewing” it…

I am flying to Geneva on Saturday, to transit to France and am not clear whether a PCR test is actually a requirement or not. It certainly makes no sense given France & Switzerland criteria now state lateral flow is ok but do you have evidence that it is not correct?

Because that’s not what the Swiss government website or Travelcheck says. Or indeed the UK site further up - the haven’t updated it since the Swiss changed their rules on 20 December.

Fill in Swiss Travelcheck, and check “transiting to another country leaving the airport” and you get the result as attached. I would be happy to rely on the Swiss government website rather than the UK one (which has been wrong quite often recently).

I’m going to take a printout of the Travelcheck output just in case, but now there’s no quarantine in CH the airline aren’t really interested where you’re going once you get there.

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Folks travelling out on the Eurotunnel tomorrow, it looks like they haven't updated the check in requirements on the website. What are you putting for the 'reason to travel' declaration? I was tempted to do 'economic' and then upload a PDF saying 'doesn't apply from Friday 14th January' as the proof.

Thoughts?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No longer an issue

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 13-01-22 20:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah you are right - Scottish one does now - didnt last time I looked - one less complication, thanks for flagging this change!

skitrack wrote:
@bitoffluff said
Quote:

NHS proof only shows the 2 main ones not the booster

I'm not sure about the Scottish version of the NHS App but the English version definitely shows the Booster. If the Scottish App is SUPPOSED to show the booster and yours doesn't then you need to talk to your doctor
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

My instinct is to tell her that she should have been vaccinated so its her own fault she cant travel but others in the group pushing for me to check

Bit unreasonable that that's your responsibility, @NewSkiingDad? Having made the decision not to be vaccinated, why can't she be left to do her own homework on the implications?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NewSkiingDad, Just ran the travelcheck thing as Unvacced, transiting and got this result

"You want to enter Switzerland from a risk country but you do not meet the requirements. For this reason, entry is not possible.

Minors can always enter the country accompanied by adults who are also entitled to enter.

The entry restrictions are regularly reviewed and are changing all the time. However, we cannot give you any details about specific changes."
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NewSkiingDad, erm, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, if she's an adult, then she won't be allowed into France without a compelling reason to travel, and a skiing trip isn't a compelling reason. Added to that, even if she had a compelling reason, she would need to self isolate for 7 days on arrival in France.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

My instinct is to tell her that she should have been vaccinated so its her own fault she cant travel but others in the group pushing for me to check

Bit unreasonable that that's your responsibility, @NewSkiingDad? Having made the decision not to be vaccinated, why can't she be left to do her own homework on the implications?

In the group chat I was the one tagged as being unreasonable for saying it was her own fault!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks, v helpful makes sense
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NewSkiingDad She's stuffed

See https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/france-travel-covid-19/index.html

Basically
Quote:

Non-vaccinated travellers from destinations designated "red" can only enter if they have a valid reason, and are required to submit a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 48 hours of departure and go into mandatory quarantine "supervised by security forces" for 10 days.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NewSkiingDad, I should add too, that even if she did manage to sneak into France undetected (and without getting arrested and banned from France for 5 years), testing for the pass sanitaire is no longer possible for adults.
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
@NewSkiingDad, erm, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, if she's an adult, then she won't be allowed into France without a compelling reason to travel, and a skiing trip isn't a compelling reason. Added to that, even if she had a compelling reason, she would need to self isolate for 7 days on arrival in France.

Thanks Timmycb5 - I hadnt seen that mentioned on my reading of the thread. Il pass the info along, iv done my part - if only she'd done hers.

Come what may, il be on the mountain in a fortnight! Cool
snow report
I ran the CH travel check as well, and it gives same answer going out and coming home for skiing in France and flying in / out of Geneva - which means you DO seem to have to have a test of some sort coming home which you wouldnt do if you were flying direct from a French airport- happy to be disproved

andy from embsay wrote:
skyfly88 wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:

Because that’s not what the Swiss government website or Travelcheck says. Or indeed the UK site further up - the haven’t updated it since the Swiss changed their rules on 20 December.

Fill in Swiss Travelcheck, and check “transiting to another country leaving the airport” and you get the result as attached. I would be happy to rely on the Swiss government website rather than the UK one (which has been wrong quite often recently).

I’m going to take a printout of the Travelcheck output just in case, but now there’s no quarantine in CH the airline aren’t really interested where you’re going once you get there.

ski holidays
skitrack wrote:

Basically
Quote:

Non-vaccinated travellers from destinations designated "red" can only enter if they have a valid reason, and are required to submit a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 48 hours of departure and go into mandatory quarantine "supervised by security forces" for 10 days.

She’s uber-stuffed as she won’t be allowed into Switzerland anyway.
latest report
skitrack wrote:

Basically
Quote:

UK is Orange (but special orange), so it's that but quarantine for 7 days.
latest report
@NewSkiingDad, it was her choice to not have the vaccination and the upshot is she can now not go on the holiday, that’s not your fault.
snow report
@albob, but not for unvaccinated people from the UK
snow conditions
@bitoffluff, Travelcheck doesn’t distinguish between different areas of France - Haute Savoie is a border region and “travellers from border regions” (not residents or commuters) are exempt. You don’t need a test going back into Switzerland - many thousands of people have done it since these rules first came in in December.
snow conditions
I think your stance is entirely reasonable unless she had a NHS-recognised health reason for not having the jabs

NewSkiingDad wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

In the group chat I was the one tagged as being unreasonable for saying it was her own fault!
latest report
ah, that is confusing and unhelpful of the helpful-looking trvel check system. Where is te bit about Haute Savoie difference on the CH website - just so I can wave at someone that questions it?
andy from embsay wrote:
@bitoffluff, Travelcheck doesn’t distinguish between different areas of France - Haute Savoie is a border region and “travellers from border regions” (not residents or commuters) are exempt. You don’t need a test going back into Switzerland - many thousands of people have done it since these rules first came in in December.
snow report
@bitoffluff, it’s in here. https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Not that anyone’s going to ask you if you’re driving through the border - you’re about to get on a plane and leave!
snow conditions
@valais2, cheers. That may well be what I do.
ski holidays
pieman666 wrote:
@albob, but not for unvaccinated people from the UK

sorry, I deleted my contribution/post when I realised it was incorrect (suspect you were the only person to see it..!!)
snow report
logically totally make sense, but I cant make the CH website add up to your conclusion -

Exemption from test for CH entry list closest to what you are saying is -

eg1. "People transiting through Switzerland without a stopover" but travel check defines changing transport modes as a stopover so swapping from transfer coach to airport means this exemption doesnt apply

eg2."People entering Switzerland from areas bordering the country: This exemption applies on the one hand to people who are resident in Switzerland and go to a border area for a trip, excursion or visit and then travel back to Switzerland, and on the other hand to people who are resident in a foreign border area or stay there for a longer period (e.g. for studies, temporary work and the like). The exemption does not apply to entry by air or long-distance bus (coach). It does not apply to people entering from another territory/country and merely passing through border areas or staying there for a short time.The following countries, areas and regions are considered “border areas”:
- Regions in France: Region of Grand-Est, Region of Burgundy / Franche Comté, Region of Auvergne / Rhône-Alpes", but still suggests non-residents dont get the border area exemption

andy from embsay wrote:
@bitoffluff, it’s in here. https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html

Not that anyone’s going to ask you if you’re driving through the border - you’re about to get on a plane and leave!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bitoffluff wrote:
logically totally make sense, but I cant make the CH website add up to your conclusion -

eg1. "People transiting through Switzerland without a stopover" but travel check defines changing transport modes as a stopover so swapping from transfer coach to airport means this exemption doesnt apply

eg2."People entering Switzerland from areas bordering the country: This exemption applies on the one hand to people who are resident in Switzerland and go to a border area for a trip, excursion or visit and then travel back to Switzerland, and on the other hand to people who are resident in a foreign border area or stay there for a longer period (e.g. for studies, temporary work and the like). The exemption does not apply to entry by air or long-distance bus (coach). It does not apply to people entering from another territory/country and merely passing through border areas or staying there for a short time.The following countries, areas and regions are considered “border areas”:
- Regions in France: Region of Grand-Est, Region of Burgundy / Franche Comté, Region of Auvergne / Rhône-Alpes", but still suggests non-residents dont get the border area exemption

andy from embsay wrote:

The actual regulation just says “travellers from border regions” - if you’re concerned then do a quick LF test, but it’ll be a waste of twenty quid (twenty quid which I must say I also wasted before xmas, as I did a LF before going back to GVA as I had the same concerns as you, until folk I know who run transfer companies said they’re not being stopped and they’re driving minibuses full of punters who are obviously not residents through the border).
snow report
back to French entry requirements. The Eurotunnel site is still asking for an EOS form to be uploaded along with all the other pre departure stuff. I now discover that the EOS form is the form that says you agree to quarantine for 10 days at a specific address, with the option of release on day 2. NB-AS of tomorrow it is NOT required if you are fully vaccinated as
see https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/
I've printed it off, just in case!
ski holidays
@Perty, this one is DEFINITELY dealt with by the French Embassy release - For vaccinated travellers, there will no longer be any obligation to provide a compelling reason to visit France, or any obligation to observe a self-isolation period on arrival in France. In this regard, the obligation to register on the éOS-Passager digital platform prior to the journey will be removed. Screening tests may be carried out at arrival points.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-France-relaxes-restrictions-for-vaccinated-travellers-between-UK-and
snow report
Are they definitely saying that if >12 you must be fully vaccinated to enter (unless you quarantine for 10 days)?
latest report
I’m hoping also recovery will count as my 12 year old caught Covid 2 days after her birthday, before she could have her vaccine..
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
bitoffluff wrote:

andy from embsay wrote:

The actual regulation just says “travellers from border regions” - if you’re concerned then do a quick LF test, but it’ll be a waste of twenty quid (twenty quid which I must say I also wasted before xmas, as I did a LF before going back to GVA as I had the same concerns as you, until folk I know who run transfer companies said they’re not being stopped and they’re driving minibuses full of punters who are obviously not residents through the border).

Andy is completely right about this. It’s poorly written and there is no need to test. We were darting in and out of CH over Christmas and not once stopped.
snow conditions
franga wrote:
Are they definitely saying that if >12 you must be fully vaccinated to enter (unless you quarantine for 10 days)?

No, we don't know what they're saying, as they haven't published the new rules yet. I'm assuming they'll appear here:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
ski holidays
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:

Getting back to Geneva at the end of the holiday there is no need for a test as the exemption is in place for traveling from the Haute Savoie region.

That's really interesting, do you know if applies to Savoie as well (specifically Val D'Isere/Tignes by the usual coach transfers to Geneva)? Is there any reference to this on the formal Swiss sites, I can't find it anywhere?
snow conditions
pdatkins wrote:
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:

Getting back to Geneva at the end of the holiday there is no need for a test as the exemption is in place for traveling from the Haute Savoie region.

That's really interesting, do you know if applies to Savoie as well (specifically Val D'Isere/Tignes by the usual coach transfers to Geneva)? Is there any reference to this on the formal Swiss sites, I can't find it anywhere?

The wording appears to have been updated such that I'm now not convinced the border regions exemption applies to people who've just spent a week on holiday in a border region. See the "Exceptions to the general test requirement" section of this page:

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, Wasn't the exemption to accommodate "locals" who potentially had cross-border work and living commitments? It wasn't there to facilitate self-entitled holiday makers.
snow conditions
So if your flying into Geneva and transiting straight to France, do the U16 year olds need a negative LFT test?
Swiss says over 16’s only
French says over 12’s
As it’s going to be the airline (EasyJet) checking the test result email, do the 12-16 year olds need a negative test?
ski holidays
AccountAnt80 wrote:
@j b, you may have clicked the green list country version. If you go to the UK version it still asks you to quarantine on arrival. Hopefully they'll update that soon.

To be honest I just followed the link from the gov.uk travel advice, I didn't go searching around the French website.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy