Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Updates Travel Restrictions

Poster: A snowHead
What would happen if one flew to Italy and drove over in a rented car, assuming of course that Italians don't introduce similar restrictions? Asking for a friend (no, really, I live in Belgium and I'll drive over from here so unless they close all frontiers I'll be there...)

My friend has a EU passport - but I guess his vaccinations will show up as done in the UK when checked?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So sorry to everyone who had travel plans over the coming days Sad

I wonder what period of time they class as you having entered France from the UK. For example, if someone were to spend a week in a non-red list country and then cross into France with a negative PCR result? Probably wishful thinking but I might do some digging anyhow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This might be the final straw for us - seriously considering selling up and considering it all a bad experiment. Beyond disappointed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timmy...by then hopefully more known and the SA verdict bourne out and it can be realised all this is a total over reaction.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So frustrating, and so utterly pointless given the numbers in France.

We’re due to go to Les Menuires in mid-Jan - not sure whether to try to cancel now or sit tight. I guess we’ll just go along with what the TO decides to do…
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll phone EZJ for a refund as I can't see anything being affordable to use now if the requirement for multiple test kits remains.
*Update*

EZJ have refunded our flights from MAN-GVA 24the Dec - 31st Dec......phew Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@horizon, it looks like it’s a ban on everyone unless they live/work in France. So sadly, includes people who live in Belgium going on holiday to France too
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well that’s a fecking disaster. Gutted. Can brits still travel to Italy, Austria or anywhere else does anyone know? Trying to think of a plan B.. would travelling to France on Friday still work and stay in a b&b for a couple of nights???? Desperate to try and salvage something
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scuppered us! Very disappointed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
LittleRos wrote:
So frustrating, and so utterly pointless given the numbers in France.

We’re due to go to Les Menuires in mid-Jan - not sure whether to try to cancel now or sit tight. I guess we’ll just go along with what the TO decides to do…

I’m due to go 20th Jan, and am thinking I’ll sit tight for now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fast_ted wrote:
Well that’s a fecking disaster. Gutted. Can brits still travel to Italy, Austria or anywhere else does anyone know? Trying to think of a plan B.. would travelling to France on Friday still work and stay in a b&b for a couple of nights???? Desperate to try and salvage something

Not if you're planning on going skiing - tourism isn't a valid reason for travel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
we are due to pay the balance for our holiday this coming saturday. Holiday is 29/1/21

do you think we have grounds to cancel and get our deposit back.

Things have changed since we paid the deposit but i guess TO will say pay the balance and see what the restrictions are before you go.

anyone have any experience of this

thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-british-tourists-to-be-banned-from-france-amid-rise-in-omicron-cases-12497105

Bad news for skiing folks....full details expected later today
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yup - this is the final straw, although not going til the 15th its not worth the mental stress trying to get it sorted so going to try and push it bash to March.... time to spend hours on the phone Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fast_ted wrote:

It’s due to come in on Saturday, so that very well could work.
snow conditions
@Tiddles, I've just phoned EZJ and asked for a full refund on our flights from MAN - GVA and they obliged Happy
ski holidays
Best hope is that this is short-lived as Omicron asserts itself throughout the world and the situation balances across borders.

We're half termers - sitting tight, crossing fingers, quietly sobbing.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@horizon, it looks like it’s a ban on everyone unless they live/work in France. So sadly, includes people who live in Belgium going on holiday to France too

everyone, or everyone British?? I have a Belgian passport. I didn't read that they'll close all EU tourism (just to be clear, I'm not arguing that they're doing the right thing, just wondering about the facts).
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:
Fast_ted wrote:

Not if you're planning on going skiing - tourism isn't a valid reason for travel

Surely if they’re there before the restrictions come in, then there’s no problem? Presumably there are Brits there now and they’ll be fine.
latest report
horizon wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

everyone, or everyone British?? I have a Belgian passport. I didn't read that they'll close all EU tourism (just to be clear, I'm not arguing that they're doing the right thing, just wondering about the facts).

“ I hereby certify that my reason for travelling is one of the following compelling reasons (tick box):
● French citizens, their spouses (married, civil union and cohabiting) and their children.
● Citizen of the European Union or equivalent, and their spouse (married, civil union or cohabiting partner) and their children, whose main residence is in France or who is returning, in transit through France, to their main residence in a European Union country or equivalent, or to a country whose nationality they hold;”

Edit: I think the above is if you are travelling from the U.K., so if you’re already in Belgium then you should be fine

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 16-12-21 10:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
Fast_ted wrote:

But doesn’t that come into force on Saturday so if you get to France by Friday is that ok?
snow report
What time on Saturday?! Ferry arrives 0400 CET, see...
snow conditions
My friends and their child crossed via Eurotunnel last night with no problem so I'd assume if these regs come into play from Saturday then getting into France beforehand covers you!
ski holidays
Well this is a real kick in the teeth! Due to fly out new years day! Crying or Very sad
latest report
Friday late evening crossing are all sold out now, last night there was plenty of availability
latest report
Quote:

But doesn’t that come into force on Saturday so if you get to France by Friday is that ok?

Hoping so - booked on the 21:50 on Friday!
snow report
The restrictions start at 11pm Friday.
If you are in France before then, and have done whatever is required on the existing regulations, you are all OK.

Buy a Eurotunnel Flexi...pay for a super fast test at Gatwick as a diversion on the way to Eurotunnel.

Go...go now!
snow conditions
paulmck wrote:

Midnight CET unfortunately
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What a massive kick in the nuts Crying or Very sad As others have said, two years of absolute $ h1t for what? Confused

Just waiting for the rest of Europe to follow suit now...
ski holidays
Fast_ted wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Fast_ted wrote:

Yes fair point - missed the Friday bit. You should/probably/maybe okay
ski holidays
paulmck wrote:

I think you might be 4 hrs and 1 min too late, unfortunately.
latest report
What are the chances of restriction being lifted by mid-Jan? Feels like they are always quick to impose restrictions, and slow to lift them.
latest report
FFS was planning to get over in Jan, can't see things improving. Sorry for anyone who has had Xmas/Dec plans wrecked.
snow report
Rookiescot wrote:
This might be the final straw for us - seriously considering selling up and considering it all a bad experiment. Beyond disappointed.

Your looking at this the wrong way, if it weren’t for the quarantine you would have been able to go.
I know it’s difficult, I just bought £300 worth of testing last night, but the glass is half full
ski holidays
The horror, the horror. So sorry for everyone with Christmas travel plans. I am also gutted - have literally just quit my job for a season planned in Chamonix. Been so busy finishing work that I haven't yet gone and gotten my long stay permit so have no compelling reason to travel. Pardon the stupid question but does anyone know if it is possible to apply for the permit from France (i.e. go as a visitor and apply within the 90 days' stay)?
ski holidays
Talk about shutting the stable door after the cheval has bolted.

President OMacron is going for the bold optical measure as opposed to making preparations for the wave that is going to engulf France before Christmas. He'll not be getting many votes in the Alps!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 16-12-21 10:50; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
What are the chances of restriction being lifted by mid-Jan? Feels like they are always quick to impose restrictions, and slow to lift them.

Our govt tended to work in 3 week cycles - but these are the french - they dept might go on strike before then
latest report
Literally on our way to the tunnel now ! Do we think we’re ok to go in today? Friends are due out o Saturday Eh oh! We’ll have a 7 bedroom chalet to ourselves at this rate!
snow report
I have until Sat to cancel my half term trip to France. I wonder what the chances are of the restrictions being eased by then?
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
Fast_ted wrote:

Surely if they’re there before the restrictions come in, then there’s no problem? Presumably there are Brits there now and they’ll be fine.

There are several that have posted on here, including myself and rob@rar. Evicting us would seem nonsensical, but then.................

Assuming there is no legal bar on me staying I have a difficult decision to make as was due to return to UK next week and then return to France in New Year with partner. The sun is out and the snow is perfect so if it stays that way then the decision is made I think Smile

Chaotic situation though. Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy