Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss quarantine for UK travellers

Poster: A snowHead
I’m finding that bars in Verbier are all asking for Covid QR code + social pass (on the App Store) and about half the time ID (although a photo of my passport on my phone has been accepted everywhere so far - but that may be more down to my advanced age…).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oui4ski wrote:
I’m finding that bars in Verbier are all asking for Covid QR code + social pass (on the App Store) and about half the time ID (although a photo of my passport on my phone has been accepted everywhere so far - but that may be more down to my advanced age…).

What is the social pass please?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swiss Covid Cert app. Compatible with the NHS QR codes (now).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The NHS vaccination certificate for travel is recognised in Switzerland.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/united-kingdom/en/home/representations/embassy-in-london/coronavirus.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@james75, The SocialPass app just gives a QR code for your name & address details (saves you writing your contact details manually).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, for travel not necessarily in bars/ restos etc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Morning all,

Unsure if this has been answered already but would welcome views. I'm currently battling COVID - thankfully coming to the end of it. I'm due to be in Zermatt towards the end of Jan - the current regulations state I need a PCR to enter the country. Considering I might continue to test positive for up to 90 days is there any way around this? Or is the PCR test mandatory?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would you be able to get a 'Recovered' certificate ?? (no idea how to go about it tho')
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
albob wrote:
Would you be able to get a 'Recovered' certificate ?? (no idea how to go about it tho')

I'm sure that's possible but I cant see any writing saying that would be accepted. It looks like negative PCR or no entry?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Run28 wrote:
Morning all,

Unsure if this has been answered already but would welcome views. I'm currently battling COVID - thankfully coming to the end of it. I'm due to be in Zermatt towards the end of Jan - the current regulations state I need a PCR to enter the country. Considering I might continue to test positive for up to 90 days is there any way around this? Or is the PCR test mandatory?

Thanks!

Under the new rules announced yesterday for entry into Switzerland you can use a rapid antigen test (lateral flow) less than 24 hours before departure. You’re far less likely to test positive on one of those. I took one about 2 weeks after my positive test and it was negative.

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/united-kingdom/en/home/representations/embassy-in-london/coronavirus.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Run28 wrote:
albob wrote:

I'm sure that's possible but I cant see any writing saying that would be accepted. It looks like negative PCR or no entry?

this is in force from 20th

https://www.newsd.admin.ch/newsd/message/attachments/69711.pdf
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok interesting - so still reliant on the lateral flow coming up negative...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm travelling tomorrow and I've been following this closely. Sorry, but the entry test IS always a PCR, the follow up 4-7 days after entry can be lateral flow.

https://travelcheck.admin.ch/check to check the requirements.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ham wrote:
I'm travelling tomorrow and I've been following this closely. Sorry, but the entry test IS always a PCR, the follow up 4-7 days after entry can be lateral flow.

It looks like you still fall into the pre 20th Dec category - from the 20th the regulations are changing to be lateral flow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Run28 wrote:
Ok interesting - so still reliant on the lateral flow coming up negative...

Seems so
ski holidays
Ham wrote:

That PCR does apply to you as you are flying 19th. It doesn’t apply to anyone traveling from the 20th, which has new rules for which antigen <24 hrs is acceptable. Travelcheck presumably won’t be updated before Monday.

I’ve also been paying close attention as I am also traveling this Christmas and that change saves me about 80 quid! Fortunately although I had a booked PCR I hadn’t paid for it and was able to change it to an antigen.
ski holidays
@Run28, Good luck with your recovery..
latest report
albob wrote:
@Run28, Good luck with your recovery..

Thank you, I'm just focusing on getting to Zermatt!
ski holidays
For those arriving tomorrow (pre changes) has anyone seen if the day 4 test is still required?
snow report
I've just arrived this evening and assumed it wasn't required
ski holidays
Do people arriving from the Uk still have the quarantine?
snow report
radio123 wrote:
Do people arriving from the Uk still have the quarantine?

No
snow conditions
Amazed to see Farm Club in Verbier in full swing last night…what are peoples views on the Swiss keeping things running for us Brits? France shut down, Austria out and Germany followed suit…

Hopefully that Swiss remain bloody minded enough to keep us all skiing this season.
ski holidays
@Run28, Well they were fist with the swinging stable door, but reversed their decision sharpish. Whether that was based on science or cash flow is open for debate!
snow report
Apologies as also posted in France thread. But does anyone know if fully vaxxed EU citizens flying from (Ireland) and directly transferring to France need PCR?
snow conditions
And vice versa, is PCR necessary travelling overland from France to GVA to catch departure hone?
snow conditions
@peanuthead, assuming you are flying tomorrow or later, then to fly into Switzerland you need either a PCR < 72 hrs before entry OR a rapid antigen < 24 hrs before entry. See press release from Friday here:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-86544.html

The various Swiss government websites and travelcheck will not be updated until tomorrow when those rules actually take effect.

Returning to Switzerland from France the same rules apply, unless you are traveling from one of the border regions. This includes the Region Auvergne / Rhône-Alpes, which includes many French ski resorts, so you may not need anything additional for the return.

Plus whatever you need to get back into Ireland.
snow report
Just recently got an email from the UK Government regarding Foreign Travel advice for Switzerland (I'm signed up for the automatic notifications for when several countries (Switzerland, France, Austria etc change their Travel regulations). I did a double take when I read the words in the email:

"Change made:
Updated information the eligibility to enter Switzerland from 20 December when a rapid antigen test (not older than 24 hours) will also (my italics) be required (See “Entry requirements” page)."

Not for the first time the UK Government website has rather got the details wrapped around its neck. rolling eyes Of course the the rapid antigen test (not older than 24 hours) mentioned is not an additional test, it's a new alternative to the not older than 72 hours PCR test for entry. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In terms of ID to present with your Swiss Covid Cert, does this have to be a passport or would a photo driving licence do? I'd rather not carry around my passport all the time...
latest report
peanuthead wrote:
And vice versa, is PCR necessary travelling overland from France to GVA to catch departure hone?

Lardy bus full of sH's came from Tignes into Switzerland to Geneva yesterday. Although the bus was stopped to check the drivers papers, no attention was paid to the passengers.
snow report
What is acceptable for the Day 4-7 PCR or Antigen test??
Is a self administered UK sourced antigen test acceptable?? Ie upload the test result to the Canton authorities??

OBE'd - just read:
"Only one test on entry for persons who are vaccinated or recovered
After consulting the cantons, the Federal Council has also adapted the testing regime for entering the country, applicable from Monday, 20 December. In addition to PCR tests taken within the previous 72 hours, rapid antigen tests taken within the previous 24 hours will also be
accepted for entering Switzerland. The requirement to take a second test 4 to 7 days after entering the country will be waived for persons who are vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19."

Great news from CH. Now need France to get its act together.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 19-12-21 16:48; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, thanks, very helpful
ski holidays
For people who entered Switzerland this weekend, then as it stands, they still need an Antigen test with 4 to 7 days. Emails from Cantons have been received instructing to do so...HOWEVER, there are ‘official’ websites that already state that no 4-7 day test is required...very confusing!
latest report
DrNo wrote:
In terms of ID to present with your Swiss Covid Cert, does this have to be a passport or would a photo driving licence do? I'd rather not carry around my passport all the time...

We have been in a few places today and driving licence perfectly acceptable. NHS Scotland COVID app also works on Swiss scanners.
ski holidays
@DrNo, they don’t expect a passport. They are quite relaxed and a drivers license is definitely acceptable, that’s what I use. Anything that looks fairly official with a photo and your name will be fine.
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, @runkmc, great thanks, makes it less likely I will loose my passport!
snow conditions
I think it depends where you enter CH.
I went into Les Crosets this weekend from the top of Mosettes, had a beer in the cafe opposite the lift, I was asked if I had the Covid pass, but as I was preparing to dig my phone out the barman just said "Its fine, I believe you."
latest report
@WindOfChange, sure, there are plenty of places not actually checking COVID passes and plenty of places checking COVID passes but not corresponding ID. But where the corresponding ID is requested, a photo card drivers license is acceptable and a passport is not required.
snow conditions
I took a photo of my passport photo page on my phone and that appeared perfectly acceptable when asked for identification in Verbier last week (in addition to the "Social Pass" giving your address details and "Covid Cert" showing your vaccination status) - that worked better for me than lugging my passport around!
latest report
@Gämsbock, Yeah, They checked ID and Pass in McDo at Martigny, so it's pretty inconsistent. For Id CdS was fine.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy