Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss quarantine for UK travellers

Poster: A snowHead
It's great that they have clarified the transit situation through Switzerland but I can't work out whether we need to test beforehand if we are double vaccinated, anyone know please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WishIWasFitter wrote:
It's great that they have clarified the transit situation through Switzerland but I can't work out whether we need to test beforehand if we are double vaccinated, anyone know please?

My understanding is that a test is required prior to departure - at least that's what club med have told us.

"There is no quarantine requirement for travellers arriving in Switzerland from the UK who are just transiting onward to another country, as long as travel through Switzerland is less than 24 hours and does not involve a proper stopover.

• You must provide a negative antigen or PCR before departure. Antigen (48h before) or PCR (72h before).

• All passengers must complete this form before travelling via Switzerland. https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home."
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I completed the form and it says a test was unnecessary
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take a test anyway, they asked everyone at my gate yesterday for it. It's only 20 quid so worth it for sanity.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zazoupazou wrote:
I completed the form and it says a test was unnecessary

However this is also from Swiss government. For the sake of £20 I think I’ll take a LF with me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@zazoupazou, the form is not differentiating between land and air arrivals. You don‘t need one to transit Switzerland by road. You do need one to enter by air. This is explicitly stated here:
https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/united-kingdom/en/home/representations/embassy-in-london/coronavirus.html
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saw this posted on Facebook this morning:-
"For anybody flying Manchester to Geneva.
I’m here now.
You need Covid travel pass
Proof of onward travel out of Geneva. Transfer reference or similar.
Negative Covid test by gov approved company.
Proof of accommodation at end destination.
They check this before being allowed to fly.
You can get an antigen test at the airport station. Results in 30 mins."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
14:4814:48

Switzerland reports Omicron case in fully jabbed teenager

Imogen Foulkes

BBC News, Geneva

Switzerland has confirmed a case of the Omicron variant in a 19-year-old who is fully vaccinated and has no recent history of travel.

The third case of the new variant was discovered during routine testing at his high school, he is reported to have very mild symptoms.

A total of 100 contacts are quarantining – classmates, and members of a school choir of which he is a member.

Swiss authorities say they are so far unable to establish where he may have been infected.

Meanwhile new infections soared to 10,466 in the past 24 hours, reaching the peak of Switzerland’s deadly second wave this time last year.

Zurich’s hospitals now report every bed is taken. Switzerland’s other cities are under similar pressure, with most ICU departments more than 80% occupied.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Putting to one side for a moment the popular topic of Geneva arrivals skiing in France (you all seem to have conclusively dealt with that).

Any news or hints on whether the Swiss will be lifting their 10 day quarantine for Brits, Dutch, etc?

Or, with Omicron popping up across Europe now, will they be extending the same law to German entrants for example?

Please.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 1-12-21 18:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Germany has a boarder with Switzerland, so not likely
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow&skifan wrote:

Any news or hints on whether the Swiss will be lifting their 10 day quarantine for Brits, Dutch, etc?

The next meeting of the Federal Council is Friday 3rd, so that’s the first opportunity for them to lift the quarantine. However, by then the rule will only have been in place for a week, and very little more will have been learned about the new variant, so a change seems unlikely. Everyone here is guessing that quarantine will be withdrawn in time to 'save' the winter season, but with the holiday season starting in three weeks there's not much time to play with. At the end of the day, your guess is as good as mine.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jamtastx wrote:
Germany has a boarder with Switzerland, so not likely

Damn those boarders! Always sprawling all over the piste cranking those bindings.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stefoy4me, Switzerland wasn’t so naive they thought they could stop
omicron getting in. We are DROWNING in delta, and we need ppl to get vaccinated to hold off the worst of it for a few weeks and survive the winter period/ avoid a lockdown. My child is tested every week, I am
Tested at work and at home. We are trying to protect our health providers and our economy.
I am quite happy for the Swiss government to make decisions like this - they are FAR more rational and realistic, and i’d rather take precautions than tell everyone its all ok and then Be Nice please! up Christmas on 23rd December a la UK.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Snow&skifan, slim to none. Theyve just increased measures.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alas any improvement will now be too late for our Swiss Xmas trip as operator has pulled the accommodation. Working on Plan B now.
snow report
Inghams aren't optimistic. All U.K. hols in December cancelled.

https://planetski.eu/2021/11/30/ski-holidays-to-switzerland-suspended/
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Snow&skifan, slim to none. Theyve just increased measures.

Thanks for info.

The prospects for travellers to CH from Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, UK and Czech Republic look grim.

Most nations have huge pandemic failings, Switzerland and Austria’s being too many refusing the vaccines.

Omicron is popping up all over Europe now, will the Swiss government widen the remit of the 10 day quarantine law, or replace it with strict testing before and on entry?
snow report
Don't think Inghams had many guests in Wengen over Xmas, the hotels over this period are booked by regulars who do it direct

Easy decision for them to postpone
snow report
The Arosa hotel we’ve got booked over New Year, tell me they have a long reserve list. They’re fine with me cancelling and taking a full refund.

Presumably lucky Swiss and German skiers.
latest report
Potentially great news. This was reported in the Blick this afternoon.

This will be confirmed (or denied) tomorrow afternoon.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Potentially great news. This was reported in the Blick this afternoon.

This will be confirmed (or denied) tomorrow afternoon.

V sensible. As this variant is everywhere travel bans etc are basically theatre.
snow conditions
Can anyone confirm if collecting a rental car from Geneva, in order to immediately drive to France, is allowed without quarantining? Collecting the rental car doesn't count as a stopover or anything?
ski holidays
PinkPig wrote:
Can anyone confirm if collecting a rental car from Geneva, in order to immediately drive to France, is allowed without quarantining? Collecting the rental car doesn't count as a stopover or anything?

You mean flying in, collecting a rental car and driving to France? Yes, it’s fine.
snow report
OK, so after my four days skiing in VDI, do I need another test to get into Switerland/Geneva to fly home to the UK?

Logic says "yes".

Not flying until Jan, but driving is really looking a better option at the moment.
ski holidays
Jameswp wrote:
OK, so after my four days skiing in VDI, do I need another test to get into Switerland/Geneva to fly home to the UK?

Logic says "yes".

Not flying until Jan, but driving is really looking a better option at the moment.

No - within the eurozone there are currently no entry requirements.
snow report
Even for turd country members?

that`s one less problem; still with a month to go, it`s all up for buggering around with.
snow conditions
I think that testing requirements for the return leg are still not clear. If you have been in the UK in the previous 10 days, then the Swiss travelcheck.admin.ch is saying that you require a negative test to re-enter Switzerland, simply to go to GVA airport for your flight home. We're therefore looking at 3 sets of testing for a ski trip: 1. Pre-departure LF test before leaving UK (as Switzerland requires this for transit, and France is requiring it for UK entries from 4th Dec); 2. Pre-departure LF test before leaving France (as Switzerland requires it to get yourself back to GVA airport); and 3. Post-arrival PCR testing in UK, on or before Day 2. Yikes! We're a family of four so this is 8 LFTs and 4 PCRs.

We all know that nobody actually checks the France/Switzerland road crossing so you could probably get away without the LFT to enter back from France. But are the airlines or Swiss authorities checking for this when you get to GVA airport? Anyone in the industry with current information?
snow conditions
You won't get stopped at the border entering Swiss from France. They simply cannot stop every car and check for tests.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They'll be too busy checking for smuggled meat on which to charge extortionate duty. Very Happy .
latest report
Yes the road crossing is clear enough and we're v unlikely to be stopped re-entering CH. But does anyone have experience of the check-in and security process at GVA airport for outbound passengers who have just entered from France? Officially speaking, CH is requiring LFTs for transit if you've been in UK in the previous 10 days, and may choose to check for these, or ask airlines to do so, if they want to be 100% aligned with their own rules. Just a bit of a pain if we have to go looking for a French pharmacy on our last day on the slopes...
snow report
I know this is getting out of Switzerland rather than getting in but it is another step in the “wrong” direction for those hoping to save the ski season.

Quote:
. Due to the high number of corona infections, the German government will classify Poland and Switzerland as high-risk areas from Sunday. The Robert Koch Institute announced on Friday.
Anyone who enters Germany from a high-risk area and is not fully vaccinated or has recovered has to be in quarantine for ten days and can only get rid of it with a negative test five days after arrival at the earliest.
Liechtenstein, Jordan and Mauritius are also classified in this way. Thailand, Uzbekistan and St. Vincent and the Grenadines in the Caribbean will be removed from the risk list.
The classification as a high-risk area is automatically accompanied by a travel warning from the Foreign Office in Berlin for unnecessary tourist trips. It makes it easier for tourists to cancel trips that have already been booked free of charge, but it does not mean a travel ban.
latest report
I flew back from Geneva to Edinburgh last night.

No checks at the road border crossing from France.
EasyJet wanted proof of our UK PLF forms and our Covid vaccine certificates nothing else.
They weren’t interested in how long we had been in CH or France or if we had been in the UK in the past 10 days.

If you check in luggage they issue you with a paper boarding pass even if you have a digital one. They write on the paper one that they have checked the PLF and vaccine certificate. This made boarding the aircraft quicker.
If you are travelling hand luggage only and haven’t been to the desk they check your PLF and vaccine certificate at the gate.
ski holidays
No more quarantine on entry to Switzerland from Saturday just announced by Alain Berset

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 3-12-21 14:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
No more quarantine on entry to Switzerland from Saturday just announced by Alain Berset

Testing? It says they’ll “tighten the requirements for testing”?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 3-12-21 14:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Non vaccinated no longer permitted to enter
snow report
This says PCR tests for all…

latest report
Yay!
snow conditions
And a few minutes later antigen tests are back…

snow conditions
Tests required to enter Switzerland
In addition to having a negative PCR test to enter Switzerland, individuals will need to be retested between the fourth and seventh day after arrival. All results must be reported to the canton.
snow conditions
The report above isn’t clear on whether it’s PCR only on entry and PCR or antigen on day 4, or whether its still PCR or antigen?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy