Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
@scoman, it looks like you are travelling to Geneva - Switzerland.
Make sure you comply with the regulations for Switzerland if you are flying into Geneva as that is what your airline is interested in.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not even clear what a Pass sanitaire even really is. I don't have a "Smart"phone and my vaccine "passport" is basically just a certificate on a piece of paper given to me in August after the second of the two vaccines I had last summer. - Is this what I need to show?
it worked fine everywhere on a couple of trips to Germany this autumn.

So is it just an equivalent form of proof such as this (a uk paper certificate), or when people talk about Pass Sanitaire are they specifically talking about something else?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick M wrote:
I'm not even clear what a Pass sanitaire even really is. I don't have a "Smart"phone and my vaccine "passport" is basically just a certificate on a piece of paper given to me in August after the second of the two vaccines I had last summer. - Is this what I need to show?

So is it just an equivalent form of proof such as this (a uk paper certificate), or when people talk about Pass Sanitaire are they specifically talking about something else?

I think you'll need to get a new certificate issued post 1st November for it to be valid in France. Definitely worth checking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@sugarmoma666, +1
@Nick M. The QR code will be different on certificates issued after the start of November and will be recognised in Europe. Older certificates will not be valid
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not suggesting I would do this BUT if you got a screenshot of a QR code for a vaxxed up teenager off a “friend” and showed this to the lifties - how would they know?
Surely they don’t have time to cross check photo id?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lifties won't or door staff, but I'm sure authorities will ask for ID if checked/suspicious. Not sure they will tighten up lift pass purchase. I assume QR code will have to match names on lift passes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lifties won't or door staff, but I'm sure authorities will ask for ID if checked/suspicious. Not sure they will tighten up lift pass purchase. I assume QR code will have to match names on lift passes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick M wrote:

Pass Sanitaire = Health Pass = your test and vaccine certificates (with QR codes).

As others have said they need to be up to date. NHS ones expire after 30 days.

There are apps on smartphones that can hold the certificate/QR codes digitally. In the UK the NHS app and in France the TousAntiCovid app.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wasn't paying a lot of attention but morning news reporting Gendarmerie making random checks and not a few people fined.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
muppet wrote:
@scoman, it looks like you are travelling to Geneva - Switzerland.
Make sure you comply with the regulations for Switzerland if you are flying into Geneva as that is what your airline is interested in.

Looks like no test required for children under 12 for Switzerland...so far:

Testing requirements
Travellers must be able to produce a negative PCR test (not older than 72 hours) on boarding a plane to Switzerland and on entry. You must have this test in your country of departure. Children under the age of 16 are exempt from testing. There are limited other exemptions from this requirement. A negative COVID-19 test will not grant your entry to Switzerland if you are not eligible to enter (i.e. fully vaccinated or exempt).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Nick M, As others have said the NHS QR code worked fine for me in France in November, but it must be uptodate and include the booster. Log in to the NHS (https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/) on any computer and and print of the QR code for your last vaccination. laminate it and you are ready to go. However it would make more sense to then port it into the French anticovid system (I have no idea why)

You will need access to a PC while in France to go through all the rigmarole associated with returning to the UK, such as filling in your passenger locator form, your pre-return certificate etc. You will probably be required to show copies before boarding the ferry or aircraft.

Out of curiosity how do you carry around your NHS Covid app to record proximity to Covid infected people?

@Ackie68, is the name of the owner on every lift pass? Because I have a season pass I know my name and photograph pops up sometimes in the lifties office but is that the case for every one?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@johnE I don't know...ignore me!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@johnE, don't think a name is associated with a lift pass. It does show if the pass is for child/OAP. And I believe a picture is taken at lift station on first use and then displayed. But I don't think there is any way to associate a QR code for vaccination/testing with a lift pass directly. As @Ackie68 said they could though ask for id and match that to the QR code. If they don't match the use of any lift pass or indeed lift then becomes an issue, presumably a fine and removal of lift pass.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Tyke wrote:
Not suggesting I would do this BUT if you got a screenshot of a QR code for a vaxxed up teenager off a “friend” and showed this to the lifties - how would they know?
Surely they don’t have time to cross check photo id?

I personaly have only been asked once for ID with my QR - IKEA Lausanne or the cafe. BUT I have seen yesterday in Italy and here in Les Houches younger people (more early 20's rather than teens) being asked for matching ID. Think it was a random check in Italy as everyone looks to be much happeier to obey the instructions/rulles and get along with life. Whilst here in France it is a know issue that people are trying to circumvent the precautions.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think things will change when the English arrive this weekend and next as we our 12-15 yos hugely less likely to be Vx2 as we can't. So I wouldn't take what is happening now with what will happen in coming weeks.
ski holidays
Looking forward to tomorrow and see if my mate who has Janssen vax loses his PS
ski holidays
[quote="Layne"]
Nick M wrote:

Pass Sanitaire = Health Pass = your test and vaccine certificates (with QR codes).

As others have said they need to be up to date. NHS ones expire after 30 days.

To be fair, the TousAntiCovid does alert you when you need to give the certificates (what they call the QR codes you upload) some attention.
snow report
Anyone know what is the process to add UK vaccinations from a NSH Proof of Vaccination letter without QR codes to the Tous Anti-Covid app?
snow report
Yea I saw this on VT website.

You had to go somewhere in resort and pay £35 to get it added.
latest report
Ozboy wrote:
Anyone know what is the process to add UK vaccinations from a NSH Proof of Vaccination letter without QR codes to the Tous Anti-Covid app?

You just scan the NHS QR code using the TAC app. And it's done. Been using it all week in France pretty straightforward. I think you could use the NHS app just as easily though.

Interestingly been here in Val d'isere and tignes all week and only just asked for it on a lift in tignes this morning. All restaurants checking though.

In lift queue ESF seem to have some immunity to contact covid and didn't need to use the pass or any of their class. They should inform WHO what they have discovered that makes them immune
latest report
@therock, the NHS letters do not include QR codes. The NHS app automatically deletes the QR codes you mentioned if someone tests positive (I presume to stop them circulating)
ski holidays
Ozboy wrote:
@therock, the NHS letters do not include QR codes. The NHS app automatically deletes the QR codes you mentioned if someone tests positive (I presume to stop them circulating)

Ah, sorry, misread the post.
snow report
Ozboy wrote:

Hardly an effective mechanism to stop anyone circulating unless the person intends travelling overseas or wants to go to a Premier League game now. rolling eyes

And in any case you’ll always get those using printed copies taken before losing it if they are really determined to break the rules.
ski holidays
My mate needs daily antigen testing to get a Pass Sanitaire as his Irish booster doesn’t show on the COVID Certificate.

He’s going to take some C19 kits with him and take one a night.

Can’t imagine he will be kicked off the slopes if he shows his vaccine cert plus a LFT certificate if checked.

Don’t think the C19 QR will scan but the official PS info doesn’t say that’s required.
snow report
UPDATE:

My Irish mate with a Janssen jab had his PS turned off this morning as expected.

FFS
snow report
@bezthespaniard, you mean he was turfed off the slopes or not checked
snow conditions
We’re not there yet. But his PS on the app went red. QR code gone
snow conditions
Hi - first ever post and would really appreciate some help. We are heading to Meribel very soon and my 13yo son has only had one jab, so cannot get a pass sanitare for lifts etc except by daily testing. I understand he will need daily antigen tests (LFT) in the resort and we have been able to book one of these test slots for the first day in Mottaret. The system won't let us book further appointments until he has attended for the first test. Basically it seems we need to book each daily test slot one day at a time. I am sure all the slots will be gone soon and I have found nothing to say what testing facilities Meribel/Mottaret are going to set up to cope with all the uk teenagers needing daily tests.

Does anyone know if any walk in or other bookable test centres are available? Any advice would really help us plan.

Thanks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pgbradley27 wrote:
Hi - first ever post and would really appreciate some help. We are heading to Meribel very soon and my 13yo son has only had one jab, so cannot get a pass sanitare for lifts etc except by daily testing. I understand he will need daily antigen tests (LFT) in the resort and we have been able to book one of these test slots for the first day in Mottaret. The system won't let us book further appointments until he has attended for the first test. Basically it seems we need to book each daily test slot one day at a time. I am sure all the slots will be gone soon and I have found nothing to say what testing facilities Meribel/Mottaret are going to set up to cope with all the uk teenagers needing daily tests.

Does anyone know if any walk in or other bookable test centres are available? Any advice would really help us plan.

Thanks

Not true unless they have changed the system with no shows?
I booked 8 on Monday from 31st no problem at Synlab Meribel Park Olympique, I will post a link
snow conditions
Try this one
https://covid.synlab.fr/static/#/F143/identification
I know of a doc opening up in Mot to VAX, will see if I can get details
ski holidays
Ackie68 wrote:
Try this one
https://covid.synlab.fr/static/#/F143/identification
I know of a doc opening up in Mot to VAX, will see if I can get details

@Ackie68 Thanks very much for the reply. I have tried booking another slot for my son using the link you gave but, after entering all the details, it says I need to cancel the existing appointment before a new one can be made. The system is recognising there is an existing appointment and then blocking us from having more than one appointment at a time. I have tried booking to a different centre (Meribel) but the problem persists. Regarding the Doctor who is going to be doing vaccinations Mottaret - that wouldn't really help us since my sons first jab was in in the UK and we are only in France for 10 days.

IF anyone knows a way around the daily antigen testing system I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks again
ski holidays
Not sure there is a way around it unless he can get his booster.

Has anyone got first-hand experience of the daily tests?
latest report
pgbradley27 wrote:

Thanks

Same problem for us can only book one appointment, I’ve emailed them and no reply. I’ve emailed the tourist office who said “it’s very difficult to get tests”
I just want to know we can get a daily test !

(This is Les deux Alpes)
latest report
Been in Tignes for two weeks now - had the pass checked twice - beginning of the day. Masks are always asked for if you've not pulled your buff up - but they are getting more relaxed on the chairlifts. But just a buff is fine.
latest report
All I can say is thank goodness we decided to cancel, or I would have spent the last few weeks trying to organise daily lateral flow tests for my teens for nothing.... France has now banned all non-essential travel from the UK.
ski holidays
New update this morning on French radio. Pass sanitiaire will only be for the vaccinated and recovered. No longer for the daily tested. They said for adults.
latest report
Idris wrote:
New update this morning on French radio. Pass sanitiaire will only be for the vaccinated and recovered. No longer for the daily tested. They said for adults.

I am fairly certain this becomes effective form 15 January as planned unless things have changed. The delayed date was to give everyone the chance to get their boosters in time.

We are skiing in Chatel and not yet asked to see pass to get on a lift. It’s normal to be asked for the pass in restaurants. Village mass testing centre seems to be working well but overall noticeably quiet for what should be one of the busiest weeks of the season.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 20-12-21 10:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Idris wrote:

Where did you see this
latest report
@Ozboy, Yeah, Chatel was very laissez faire this weekend (and quiet), no-one seemed bothered about PS, not about masks either, so long as you had made some token effort with a scarf / snood etc
The only places I have been PS'd so far this season are Zorre, and once at Ardent at the pre-opening day back on Dec 6th.
snow conditions
bezthespaniard wrote:
Idris wrote:

Where did you see this

Didn't see, heard it on French radio on the drive to work this morning. 7.30 on RadioPlus.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy