Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
johnnyboy wrote:
A couple of questions about getting the Pass Sanitaire.

I've downloaded the TAC app, and I can't proceed to do anything without me allowing it to contact trace (ie allow it to use bluetooth) which I would rather not do. Is there a way of avoiding this?

Secondly, how do I import a QR code from the NHS app into the TAC app (should I manage to set it up that is)? How do I have the NHS app open with its QR code and have the TAC app open to scan it at the same time? Or do I have to use 2 phones, or download a PDF copy from the NHS app, print off a hard copy, and scan that?


Once you have the QR codes scanned in you can disable bluetooth permissions and it still works.

Yes the easiest way is 2 phones or a phone and laptop. Download PDF and then print or just scan screen.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowrider, Thanks for that, I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to phones (amongst other things Laughing ) and don't really use them for much more than calls and messages; I wasn't sure if there was a way to import the QR code directly from one app to another.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnnyboy wrote:
A couple of questions about getting the Pass Sanitaire.

I've downloaded the TAC app, and I can't proceed to do anything without me allowing it to contact trace (ie allow it to use bluetooth) which I would rather not do. Is there a way of avoiding this?

Secondly, how do I import a QR code from the NHS app into the TAC app (should I manage to set it up that is)? How do I have the NHS app open with its QR code and have the TAC app open to scan it at the same time? Or do I have to use 2 phones, or download a PDF copy from the NHS app, print off a hard copy, and scan that?


Can you create a ‘screenshot’ that you can save to your photo/images library on your device?

If yes, then take a screenshot of your NHS vaccination QR codes and save them into your library.

After doing so, when you select ‘Scan a QR Code’ in the TousAntiCovid app you will note that it includes a ‘button’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen named ‘IMPORT’. Pressing this Import button will allow you to choose the appropriate saved image of the NHS vaccination certificate QR code previously saved in your library to be added to TousAntiCovid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mr Marmot, Ah great, even I can take a screenshot Laughing , but I didn't know if you could import one into the TAC app; all the references I've seen have involved using the TAC app to actually scan the NHS app QR code.

Many thanks Madeye-Smiley .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnnyboy wrote:
@Mr Marmot, Ah great, even I can take a screenshot Laughing , but I didn't know if you could import one into the TAC app; all the references I've seen have involved using the TAC app to actually scan the NHS app QR code.

Many thanks Madeye-Smiley .


Pleased to be able to help. I am no smartphone ‘expert’ but the process has worked perfectly for me and everyone in my ski group who have a variety of different smartphones.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@johnnyboy, it’s been a few weeks since I looked at TAC, but I remember turning off the trace function. Is this possible?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
@johnnyboy, it’s been a few weeks since I looked at TAC, but I remember turning off the trace function. Is this possible?


I was put off from setting up the app by the fact that you needed to let it track and trace before you could set it up. I'll try again later after a few more cups of coffee to make sure I'm fully awake.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been trying to figure out how to turn the track and trace off on the TAC also
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do we need to have the TAC app or can we just show the NHS QR code?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bella2015 wrote:
Do we need to have the TAC app or can we just show the NHS QR code?


My understanding is that we need the TAC app itself.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Silly question but I didn't think TAC was necessary and you just used your NHS covid pass because it is an EU compliant QR code ? If so why bother setting up TAC ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Layne, @rob@rar, You just hit deactivate ? It then still shows your QR code and you can still toggle it from ordinary (no printed details) to border (with printed details).
I am, naively perhaps, assuming deactivate means bluetooth is not being used and the app is then simply a storage wallet ?

Warning :- I am a more of a meddler than an expert Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Bella2015, @johnnyboy, @Gazzza, you don't need TAC but NHS app requires a data connection (and is slower) so have a screen shot or PDF of your QR code available
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I set up the TAC easily enough, just clicked "Just this time" every time it asked for a permission, so hopefully all sorted. Imported a screenshot of the NHS QR code very easily as per @Mr Marmot's instructions.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Be warned Iphones (and no doubt androids too) can turn off and batteries go dead in very cold weather. Put it inside in a toasty position, but of course away from a beeper. And carry a hard copy of your vaccination document in your ski jacket.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hawkesbaynz wrote:
Be warned Iphones (and no doubt androids too) can turn off and batteries go dead in very cold weather. Put it inside in a toasty position, but of course away from a beeper. And carry a hard copy of your vaccination document in your ski jacket.


Would placing a phone in a printer/scanner/photocopier provide a good enough hard copy?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just looked at my NHS up and there seems to be two types of QR codes : domestic and one for travelling abroad. To generate the one for travelling abroad the app is asking me to provide some additional documentation. Does the domestic QR code work with the TAC app?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris_n wrote:
@Bella2015, @johnnyboy, @Gazzza, you don't need TAC but NHS app requires a data connection (and is slower) so have a screen shot or PDF of your QR code available


NHS app now provides a code for your Apple Wallet if on iOS, and one for your Apple Watch if you have one.

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bella2015 wrote:
Just looked at my NHS up and there seems to be two types of QR codes : domestic and one for travelling abroad. To generate the one for travelling abroad the app is asking me to provide some additional documentation. Does the domestic QR code work with the TAC app?
No, it will tell you it's the wrong format. Has to be the travel one.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The TAC app is not required. All you need to be able to show is the QR code either in the TAC app, the NHS app, paper or any other machine readable form, screen shot, jpg pdf etc.

I used the TAC app in the summer because it was the most convenient way of showing it. I had the app deactivated and bluetooth switched off disabling the track and trace element of the app.

Showing the QR in the TAC app was just 2 taps showing it in the NHS app was a lot more involved and you have to have a live data connection, wifi or phone.

Because of the potential data/power issue in the mountains I will also be taking a laminated paper copy on the PSB.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Raceplate, thank you. It looks like l will need to call the NHS help line as for some reason the travel one doesn’t work for me
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Other advantage I found of TAC app was that I could store the QRs code for the whole family on it (we are in Scotland, so have them for under 16s too), not that my teenagers' single vaccination status is much good at the moment, but hopefully come the spring they will be double vacc'd. Made life much easier just having to pull out one phone for the 4 of us. The NHS app seemed a bit too "Big Brother" for me!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timc wrote:
The TAC app is not required. All you need to be able to show is the QR code either in the TAC app, the NHS app, paper or any other machine readable form, screen shot, jpg pdf etc.

I used the TAC app in the summer because it was the most convenient way of showing it. I had the app deactivated and bluetooth switched off disabling the track and trace element of the app.

Showing the QR in the TAC app was just 2 taps showing it in the NHS app was a lot more involved and you have to have a live data connection, wifi or phone.

Because of the potential data/power issue in the mountains I will also be taking a laminated paper copy on the PSB.


How and what are you planning to print out? Seems like a good idea (Les Orres is recommending this) just don't know where to start.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ChrisReed, I do not have a smartphone and just used a printed version this summer in France. Login to the NHS website on laptop and download travel certificate pdf then print. Has details in text and QR codes. In the summer the usual way in the alps was that the restaurant would scan the QR code for the second dose, using a smartphone. Just remember if you are lucky enough to be out for longer than a month you will need to login again and print a new one out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ChrisReed wrote:
Timc wrote:
The TAC app is not required. All you need to be able to show is the QR code either in the TAC app, the NHS app, paper or any other machine readable form, screen shot, jpg pdf etc.

I used the TAC app in the summer because it was the most convenient way of showing it. I had the app deactivated and bluetooth switched off disabling the track and trace element of the app.

Showing the QR in the TAC app was just 2 taps showing it in the NHS app was a lot more involved and you have to have a live data connection, wifi or phone.

Because of the potential data/power issue in the mountains I will also be taking a laminated paper copy on the PSB.


How and what are you planning to print out? Seems like a good idea (Les Orres is recommending this) just don't know where to start.


If you go in to the NHS app, click on Get your NHS Covid pass, then click on Travel.

From there you can either download a PDF copy and print from you phone, or if you haven’t got you printer connected to your phone, there is a button to “receive an offline copy by email” which you can print out from your computer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So, to clarify, the NHS travel pass QR code can be used directly in France, without using TAC?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yea
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bezthespaniard, thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@thecramps, suggest you “add to wallet” so you’re not reliant on data/wifi.

Also, check the dates. The NHS one lasts for 1 month when first produced. Once it has run out, you need to go back into the app and create a new one, then add to wallet again.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you didn't want to ski with your phone or in Grandma's case - doesn't have a smartphone . Would a printed and laminated copy of the NHS or TAC app QR code be sufficient to have scanned in the lift queue? Im thinking on a cord ski pass holder so i dont have to go rumaging for my phone each time its required - plus as someone has already mentioned my iphone battery hates the cold?

Would there be a problem with proving that the printed QR code it actually yours if its just a laminated printout ?

Apologies if this hac already been discussed
Thanks
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pbsmith wrote:
If you didn't want to ski with your phone or in Grandma's case - doesn't have a smartphone . Would a printed and laminated copy of the NHS or TAC app QR code be sufficient to have scanned in the lift queue? Im thinking on a cord ski pass holder so i dont have to go rumaging for my phone each time its required - plus as someone has already mentioned my iphone battery hates the cold?

Would there be a problem with proving that the printed QR code it actually yours if its just a laminated printout ?

Apologies if this hac already been discussed
Thanks


That's what I want to do. Looking at the TAC app the QR code can be shared so I expect to be able to print and laminate
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowhound wrote:
@backhojo, +1. 12-15 are the forgotten bunch when it comes to overseas holidays right now. Government sorted the 65+ booster problem quickly enough, mind you......


I’m really confused and can’t work out what the story is. Puzzled

So we’ve 3 boys , 8 year old who had covid a month ago (had a really bad after reaction to it called PIMS but that’s another story Shocked ) and a just turned 12 year old and a 13 year old. We are based in Scotland and none of the boys have yet had a vaccine and are reluctant to take it - 12 year old hasn’t been invited anyway. Myself and mrs frank are double jabbed.

We are currently hoping to get to Les arcs in feb via Geneva.

I understand that the 8 year old is exempt from the pass sanitarie but I don’t understand how the 2 older boys can get it as they certainly won’t be double jabbed and may not even be single jabbed. Is there an alternative where they can get per tested every couple of days when they are there instead?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gazzza wrote:
Silly question but I didn't think TAC was necessary and you just used your NHS covid pass because it is an EU compliant QR code ? If so why bother setting up TAC ?


That seems to be the case.

We did a Decathlon ski test in Val Thorens last weekend and they scanned our NHS QR codes, which worked ok. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pbsmith, what about those little see through armband wallets, that you see on bouncers/security arms?

would save on the faff of getting your phone out

you could maybe even just have them round your forearm and just produce it to the lifties/bar staff etc

I was just thinking about these this morning, i have saved my TAC app and NHS travel QR codes to photos, and was going to edit them as business card size and laminate them, along with my travel insurance/contact detail next weekend before I go away
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For those concerned about the type of mask required....

When we were in the 3 Valleys last week lots of folk were using buffs as face coverings and no lift attendant batted an eyelid.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@frank20, the only solution for the older ones is, I believe, to have them tested via rapid antigen test at a pharmacy or testing centre in resort, every 24 hours (as the rules stand). They will then have a French QR code they can show any time they are checked at a lift or restaurant.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks rainman - will look into rapid antigen tests in resort
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whats to stop you showing a screenshot of your mate from works NHS QR code who has been double jabbed? When you are an antivaxxer Evil or Very Mad ??

We have all been double/triple jabbed so not a real question and you can't actually get into France without 2 jabs - but curious how just waving a QR code infront of a lifty is going to actually show you are ok to use the lifts? Especially if its a printed out one or a screenshot -
You present - he scans - it beeps OK - you get on the lift ??? surely it can't be that straightforward?
Even if it came up with name and age how do they know its your mate and not you - an a photo is unlikly to help in -5 with a facemask, helmet and mirrored goggles??

Thanks


Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 4-12-21 12:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can see that working with lifties if you were so inclined (irresponsible!) but random checks by someone with more authority i.e. a second verification of personal ID vs the QR code, is easily done and would v quickly result in a confiscated lift pass or referral to gendarmes (suspect this could be a major fine job).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pbsmith, In the past in the grand massif with a season pass i have been made to take helmet goggles etc off, in a random check as they have a photo on their screen when you go through the entry, so with pass sanitare i would expect the same sort of thing to be happening

on a different note my 14 year old son got his 2nd vaccine appointment today...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy