Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in Crisis... Lockdown... Ski Season in doubt..

Poster: A snowHead
@JDgoesskiing can you post here to keep it all in one place.
Scarlet wrote:
@ratechaser, can I direct you here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well thats our contingency plan cancelled, Crystal have cancelled 27th Dec departures Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Standby for January 10th

ich wünsche euch allen frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
Standby for January 10th

£/Euro parity? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can’t think of anything sadder than someone who enjoys the prospect of European ski resorts taking a hit on visitor numbers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RichardB wrote:
I can’t think of anything sadder than someone who enjoys the prospect of European ski resorts taking a hit on visitor numbers.

I agree. Sadly, feeding this particular troll has meant he routinely relishes getting under so many people’s skin.

I’m all for (well, mostly for Toofy Grin ) freedom of expression but, it’s probably high time a total ban was put in place.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Standby for January 10th

ich wünsche euch allen frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!Eh oh!

Do you think you would find it helpful to you to have a talk with someone outside of this forum?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303876253_Self-Image_and_Schadenfreude_Pleasure_at_Others'_Misfortune_Enhances_Satisfaction_of_Basic_Human_Needs
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At one post a day, I no longer have Neils/Nigel on ignore - He is no longer so 'virulent' as some other posters, who are more worthy for my 'ignores'...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
Standby for January 10th

Wäre schön wenn du auch irendwohin rutschen würdest. Am liebsten nach Holland wo du ja angeblich herkommst.
Übrigens dein Deutsch ist diesmal fast annehmbar. Haste gelernt wie google translate funktioniert?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steilhang wrote:
stanton wrote:
Standby for January 10th

Wäre schön wenn du auch irendwohin rutschen würdest. Am liebsten nach Holland wo du ja angeblich herkommst.
Übrigens dein Deutsch ist diesmal fast annehmbar. Haste gelernt wie google translate funktioniert?

Laughing Laughing - particularly the last sentence.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Steilhang, love it!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Vay' muSHa'chugh Qoyha'pu'bogh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The advice on the gov.uk site now reads…

“ Latest update:
Austria confirms that from 25 December, when the UK is defined a virus variant area, travellers who are booster jabbed (see vaccine definitions) or recovered within 180 days, and in possession of a negative PCR test no older than 48 hours, can enter Austria without the need for quarantine. Entry from UK for tourism for those who are only double-jabbed is prohibited with effect from 25 December “

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We just woke up to a Xmas present of four negative PCR's. Dropped at a Randox box at 4pm yesterday results back at 03:30.

Flying at 8am tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
msjhes2 wrote:
We just woke up to a Xmas present of four negative PCR's. Dropped at a Randox box at 4pm yesterday results back at 03:30.

Best Christmas present, safe travels
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Standby for January 10th

Second coming of Donald Trump? Vladimir Putin to invade Austria to stop compulsory vaccination? Or maybe a bit too much home made egg nog as you are banned from the pub.
snow conditions
msjhes2 wrote:

Hi there, Great news on this, but getting very confused Re this... Do you have to quarantine when entering Austria...?
ski holidays
@AlpineAddict, triple jabbed plus negative PCR test within 48hrs of arrival = no quarantine.
snow report
@Cacciatore,Awesome thank you... The info online is getting so hard to interpret... Thx again.
snow report
Travelled yesterday all easy they checked documents at airport but all very friendly and it was quick they wanted to see triple vac pass and pcr for each person matching passports
snow report
What is the significance of 10 January?
snow conditions
Snowsartre wrote:

You probably know, when someone throws a small pebble into a lake it creates some ripples... for a short while.
But it's still a small pebble lying meaningless among many others. At the bottom of the lake.
Actually on January 10 1480 princess Margaret of Austria was born. Seems like an important day in Tudor history, nice to know it has a Dutch significance as well. Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/7CjV6rA2YdE

https://www.theanneboleynfiles.com/the-birth-of-margaret-of-austria-10-january-1480/
ski holidays
Snowsartre wrote:

Made up date by the one and only Stanton ??
snow report
albob wrote:
Snowsartre wrote:

Made up date by the one and only Stanton ??

As this whole thread is in it's instigation by them, one of the marks of a troll in setting antagonistic agenda then poking it sporadically to gain further attention for their own gratification.

Plenty honestly researched and given information about Austria on the other thread by diligent and very genuine snowheads to assist those needing helpful information.
ski holidays
Monday 10th January 2022 is the first back to work day in much of Germany & Austria, start of the low season in ski resorts.
latest report
Noticably busier in Ischgl today .... Lots of locals enjoying the sun. Bit colder though.
And now it's snowing... So for those _can_ get out, it's definitely worth it.
Our return will be a little more complex as Crystal have canned one of their return flights.
latest report
Notably busier in SkiCircus as well, on the slopes and even more so in the car park - with lots of Dutch being spoken.
snow conditions
Im flying into Innsbruck, I wish Ingams would have just changed airports as im skiing in Italy, yet have to comply with these rules!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MorningGory wrote:
stanton wrote:
Standby for January 10th

£/Euro parity? Toofy Grin

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Someone going by car from Munich or somewhere in Germany to Austria? I would like to know how the police controls in the borders are. If there are any......
latest report
sgiuliano wrote:
Someone going by car from Munich or somewhere in Germany to Austria? I would like to know how the police controls in the borders are. If there are any......

Depending on the entry point, there are casual checkpoints, I was pulled over for doing 20km/h through the checkpoint instead of the 10km/h. I was given a brisk telling off and and nothing else. I wished I asked them what they were checking for.... maybe just the Vignette

BTW: I have driven to Austria several times Aug-Nov. The police seems more interested in truckers. Way too many cars to check each one
snow conditions
@sgiuliano, In general there are no checks, especially going from Germany into Austria. At the moment there might be some spot checks. There are some control points on the autobahn at Kufstein, Salzburg & A3 near Passau but they are there to make a political point about refugees & people smuggling and pretty much ignore private vehicles though they might check for 2G compliance if there is some particular issue at the time.
ski holidays
Sarny wrote:
Im flying into Innsbruck, I wish Ingams would have just changed airports as im skiing in Italy, yet have to comply with these rules!

Are the rules the same if you can demonstrate that you are in transit to Italy?
ski holidays
Someone messed up badly:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59808620
snow conditions
Shows the power of this forum snowHead rock!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy