Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in Crisis... Lockdown... Ski Season in doubt..

Poster: A snowHead
From 20 December, you also need a PCR test unless you have already received the booster jab - if you can't show a PCR test upon arrival, you immediately have to self-isolate until you can present a negative PCR test
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When you need the pre-travel clearance
You only need to show the pre-travel clearance if you are travelling from a country that is not on the list of safe countries (see below). In that case, a PCR-test is required (but no proof of full vaccination/past infection).

England is NOT a ‘safe’ country…….
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there any clarification on how long should have passed since your second jab for the booster or PCR rule to take place?
I had my second jab mid-September - there is no way a booster now makes sense… Surely there should be some cutoff for those who just recently got two doses?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Travellers from all other countries not included in the lists above
Entering Austria is possible.
All travellers need to show either proof of full vaccination OR proof of past infection OR a negative PCR test.

Now I’m _really_ confused, as the last two sections are contradictory.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So the below if from the Austria.info website, under the new rules.
If I read this correctly: as long as you’re less than 270 days away from your second jab, you don’t need to have a booster or PCR test to comply with the 2G rule.
Or is that not applicable to travel?
I am so massively confused…

“2-dose-vaccinations are valid for 270 days after the second dose. After that a booster jab is required, which is also valid for 270 days. Attention: The 1-dose vaccine by Johnson & Johnson is only valid until 3 January 2022, afterwards a booster jab is needed for proof of full vaccination.”
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hamilton wrote:
Travellers from all other countries not included in the lists above
All travellers need to show either proof of full vaccination OR proof of past infection OR a negative PCR test.

Now I’m _really_ confused, as the last two sections are contradictory.

If you've confirmed with positive test, then up to 90 days following can bring risk of positive PCR test.

A friend has been twice vaxxed, contracted C19 five weeks ago and recovered, NHS record now shows that status and so may be eligible to travel on that basis. Relevant to the proof of past infection OR negative PCR test requirements.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
my point is that, from the top of the page I referenced, you either are 'from a safe country', in which case you are ok with just jabs, if you're not on the 'safe list', then you need PCR, but if 'not on the lists above', you need vacc OR past infection OR pcr.....

austrian embassy has only limited info. First few PCR vendors have no appointments till monday.... when I fly.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
austrian embassy
https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/
"From 20 December 2021, 12:00am, entry into Austria is only possible for vaccinated and recovered people. Additionally, either a negative PCR test or evidence of a third vaccination dose is required. Austrians and EU citizens who want to enter the country without proof of either a vaccination or recovery must self-isolate for 10 days, with the option to end isolation after 5 days on completion of a negative test. There will be exceptions for children, pregnant women and commuters. Details will follow shortly.

If you have any questions about your entry into Austria, please contact your airline!"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hopefully they’ll have exceptions also for those people who actually had their second jab less than 6 months ago…
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No change for us. We need a PCR test to transit Singapore, ie effectively to get on a plane.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
this page seems to be most 'up to date'
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

"Travellers from all other countries not included in the lists above
Travellers who can show proof of full vaccination or past infection do not need to register for pre-travel clearance and do not need to self-isolate." Their bold!

so, in my simple brain, I should be ok with 'just' a full vaccination.

fwiw, Crystal texted to say I needed either a PCR or a 'booster older than 14 days'.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TheFlyingRussian wrote:
Hopefully they’ll have exceptions also for those people who actually had their second jab less than 6 months ago…

Well Austria’s current recommendation is booster 4 months after 2nd dose so if there is any getout, it’s likely to be in line with that. My reading of the embassy information however is that it’s 3 doses or else PCR.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wish they wouldn’t put this kind of stuff out on a Friday night when everyone has gone home rolling eyes That Austria.info page is a contradictory mess which is unlikely to be fixed till Monday.

If you’re travelling this weekend, crack on. If you’re travelling early next week, I’d make sure you have a negative PCR in your hand if you haven’t had a 3rd dose, and everyone else should get clarification by the time they go.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My brain is no fried spend all of last week begging pharmacies in France to issue qr code for my kids one jab and recovery. Now spent last 2 days cancelling France and searching whole of Austria for somewhere to stay settled on obertauren

No seems all four of us need pcr to get in adults double jabbed plus booster but won’t be 14 days, kids one jab proof recovery so do they need pcr as well?
All I have is the email from NHS confirming positive and a fairly rubbish doctors letter

When did a holiday become so stressful

Gutted about France we were meant to holiday with our french friends had 2 Easter and 2 Christmas french trips wrecked by covid now

Will hopefully get to Austria
Anyone know if they accept NHS e mail as proof recovery?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@JDgoesskiing, when are you travelling?
snow report
Boxing Day so after the 20th rule change? Do I need a pcr second jab 5 july booster 13 dec
Kids only have one jab NHS e mail positive test
snow report
@JDgoesskiing, Just put skiing abroad on hold this season. Explore what you can do in your own locality and be grateful for what you've got. First world problems at the end of the day. It's a better recipe for your sanity/mental health, not to mention your blood pressure, trust me I know about these things. As they say in my neck of the woods, " not worth getting your knickers in a twist'.
snow report
JDgoesskiing wrote:
Boxing Day so after the 20th rule change? Do I need a pcr second jab 5 july booster 13 dec
Kids only have one jab NHS e mail positive test

You don’t say the age of the kid(s). If in England, 16+ can get their own pass via the app which might include positive PCR dates. 12-15 need to request a NHS COVID Pass letter (do it immediately given your travel dates). Again don’t know if it includes +ve PCRs. Don’t think emails alone are going to cut it.

If in Scotland, you’re ontae plums as the saying goes trying to get NHS Scotland to certify positive PCRs. Cheers Nicola
snow report
clear explanation of the holiday ninja pass for unvaxed teenagers has emerged
https://press.austria.info/fileadmin/user_upload/Imported/uk/FAQ_Ninja_Holiday_Pass.pdf

and the english version of the pass is here
https://info.bmlrt.gv.at/dam/jcr:81719c3a-d411-4ced-bcd6-58ac69f84c90/Holiday_Ninja_Pass_engl_FINAL.pdf
snow report
Die Presse is also reporting the above that from Monday triple vaccine/booster is required; if not a PCR is required 72 hours or less before travel. If neither then a quarantine after arrival until a negative PCR is obtained.

Cable Car head isn't very happy, apparently...

I guess it's going to keep changing all season but at least travel is still possible atm,.
ski holidays
hamilton wrote:
this page seems to be most 'up to date'
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

"Travellers from all other countries not included in the lists above
Travellers who can show proof of full vaccination or past infection do not need to register for pre-travel clearance and do not need to self-isolate." Their bold!

so, in my simple brain, I should be ok with 'just' a full vaccination.

fwiw, Crystal texted to say I needed either a PCR or a 'booster older than 14 days'.

Scarlet wrote:
I wish they wouldn’t put this kind of stuff out on a Friday night when everyone has gone home rolling eyes That Austria.info page is a contradictory mess which is unlikely to be fixed till Monday.

If you’re travelling this weekend, crack on. If you’re travelling early next week, I’d make sure you have a negative PCR in your hand if you haven’t had a 3rd dose, and everyone else should get clarification by the time they go.

What Scarlet said. All the other stuff USED to be the case; as of last night the 3 shots or PCR from 20th Dec is the new status. Just no-one had any notice or time to update websites and information yet - wait 'til Monday.

I fly home at lunchtime today; just managed to get a booster this morning (I don't trust the UK's dodgy testing infrastructure to be able to get one without paying a fortune before flying back here!) and the doctor actually tried to talk me out of it as recovered + 2 shots should apparently be all the protection that's needed... I doubt I'm the only one for whom ease of travel is high up the list of jumping through the vacs hoops though.
snow report
Cancelled holiday tomorrow to Andorra (because of unvaxxed teen not being allowed into Spain) but should I have held off cancelling and moved trip to Austria?

Thought I read something about unvaxxed UK teens getting a ‘holiday ninja pass’ where if they did 2+ tests through the week (assuming PCR?) they were allowed in.
snow report
@Specialman, Ninja pass info links about 4 posts up ^
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@Specialman, Ninja pass info links about 4 posts up ^

Doh! Wasn’t looking very hard Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone know how many days need to have passed for 3rd jab to be able to travel without test?

Had mine on 14th partner had today travel on 26th
No info on whether it’s just had it or need few days after for it to count?
snow report
@JDgoesskiing, there's no mention of it being anything other than immediately valid. If you're concerned about confusion at the airport, take a PCR test as a backup.
snow conditions
JDgoesskiing wrote:
Anyone know how many days need to have passed for 3rd jab to be able to travel without test?

Had mine on 14th partner had today travel on 26th
No info on whether it’s just had it or need few days after for it to count?

We couldn't find this out either, travel on Monday and I had the 3rd jab last Sunday. When the news broke last night I just booked a drive through PCR test for this morning so we're covered either way now. Just waiting on the results!
ski holidays
@Snowbandit56, agree 100%
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
your probably right but bit of a waste of money if not need. if anyone there on Monday please post if you find out the rules
ski holidays
I think - if I’ve managed to digest all this -( and please correct me if I’m wrong) a couple over 50 boosters a few weeks ago, can do Austria. With minimal additional testing.

Trying to decide, as France is likely cancelled for 15th Jan (just waiting til they cancel on us for refund).

So do I book, and hope. Or do I wait until week before and see what the rules are???

Prices are £ but we want ski in ski out so appreciate its not as easy. Thinking obergergal and a hotel. But it’s almost £1000 a head
ski holidays
A few questions and assumptions if I may:

1. Please do post the elapsed period required for the 3rd jab to abrogate the need for a PCR when this becomes clear.
2. Does anyone know how easy/ is it still possible to get a letter from a doctor to leave Austria by private car in the event of a positive test? And what then might happen as you cross borders heading back to UK?
3. Does a double vaxxed 16 year old now have to do a PCR?
4. The 13 year old can get a Ninja pass subject to the gurgle tests
5. The 10 year old does not need to do anything.
6. There will be new rules announced on 21 December.

Really tempted to load up the wagon and head to Austria late next week. Mme S is raising all sorts of valid questions as to why this is less than sensible....
latest report
@Snowsartre,
1. I have not seen anything official saying there is any wait time for validity.
2. I believe that is possible but doubt you would be able to cross Channel or North Sea.
3. Yes
4. Yes, but will also require a test before you leave to give you the possibility to stay in a hotel on first night and ski following day.
5. Correct
6. I don't think anything new will be announced here on Monday but websites should be updated to latest position.
Just do it snowHead
ski holidays
e mailed the ski office in obertauren they seem to think you just need the booster and its immediately valid? wouldn't mind more official confirmation though?
latest report
So you are required a booster or 2 shots + PCR to enter, but you can also get into Austria with 2 shots and without PCR, but you need to promise to self isolate for 5-10 days.

But also restaurants, lifts and nightclubs only require 2 shots and don’t require PCR? So you could teorethically just enter the country and live a normal life, it just requires that you make a pinky swear at the border.

Am I loosing something here? I’ll have my 3 shots early January so I should be fine for my trip but to me it sounds like the requirement is basically just that you have 2 shots…?
snow report
@Snowy_Kenobi, the requirements to enter the country and the requirements to stay in hotels or ski have never been consistent. Mainly because previously the regs to enter the country were less stringent. However because of Omicron they have tightened the border regs. Getting caught breaking your pinky promise will get very expensive, considerably more so if they charge you with endangering public health. They do sometimes check that you are where you are supposed to be.
snow conditions
Question about the "no test needed if triple jabbed" rule - is there a minimum length of time that must have elapsed since your third jab for this to apply?

For example, my booster is booked for Christmas Eve. Would I be able to fly to Austria straight after Christmas without a test?
ski holidays
denfinella wrote:
Question about the "no test needed if triple jabbed" rule - is there a minimum length of time that must have elapsed since your third jab for this to apply?

For example, my booster is booked for Christmas Eve. Would I be able to fly to Austria straight after Christmas without a test?

It would at least need to be in your NHS app I would have thought
snow report
I know I've been contributing to this too, but is there any chance that a mod could lock this thread and direct everyone here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006 ?
The questions being asked now are the same on both and it's getting a little hard to follow.
snow report
. from St anton tourist office : "Despite the already available PCR gargle tests (throat flush tests) offered in Spar and M-Preis branches, we have decided to ensure a further test option for PCR and antigen tests and thus expand the test capacities in our location. Therefore, from Friday, December 17th, 2021, a test centre will be set up in the Arlbergsaal , which will be operated by the Arlberg pharmacy. With this test centre we want to make testing as easy, quick and uncomplicated as possible for our guests, employees and locals.

The test centre is initially open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Any changes will be announced. Parking spaces are available directly at the Arlbergsaal. Basically, availabilities are set up in such a way that testing (PCR & antigen test) should be possible without registration or long waiting times. The antigen and PCR tests are free of charge for people who have an Austrian social security number. It is important that the person to be tested must present ID and an e-card (social security number) during the test.

For people who don't hold an Austrian social security number, the costs are as follows: Antigen test EUR 35 and PCR test EUR 65. Please note that only card payments are accepted at the Test Centre. PCR test results are available within maximum 24 hours.

Please note that this information is current and subject to change."
ski holidays
backhojo wrote:
. from St anton tourist office : "Despite the already available PCR gargle tests (throat flush tests) offered in Spar and M-Preis branches, we have decided to ensure a further test option for PCR and antigen tests and thus expand the test capacities in our location. Therefore, from Friday, December 17th, 2021, a test centre will be set up in the Arlbergsaal , which will be operated by the Arlberg pharmacy. With this test centre we want to make testing as easy, quick and uncomplicated as possible for our guests, employees and locals.

The test centre is initially open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Any changes will be announced. Parking spaces are available directly at the Arlbergsaal. Basically, availabilities are set up in such a way that testing (PCR & antigen test) should be possible without registration or long waiting times. The antigen and PCR tests are free of charge for people who have an Austrian social security number. It is important that the person to be tested must present ID and an e-card (social security number) during the test.

For people who don't hold an Austrian social security number, the costs are as follows: Antigen test EUR 35 and PCR test EUR 65. Please note that only card payments are accepted at the Test Centre. PCR test results are available within maximum 24 hours.

Please note that this information is current and subject to change."

Great news, yet the cost of these tests are totally exorbitant , the rich are cashing in yet again...disgusting state of affairs...jobs for the boys, school tie and on it goes...we are the lambs to slaughter rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy