Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Pass Sanitaire - Booster Jab Mandatory 15 Dec Over 65

Poster: A snowHead
been on to NHS 119 regarding updating 3rd booster dose on to NHS app was told that facility not yet available. My GP however has the details of my 3rd dose in my record. I requested a print out . Hopefully, will carry the print out with me as proof.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Goldfish, I did the same and asked about the chances of getting the booster added to the NHS app but was told that the situation was "under review".

We need a QR code, simple as that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
under a new name wrote:
@Kimski44, but afaik a valid Swiss app is perfectly valid in France (certainly my French app is perfectly valid in CH) , that's why it's called the EU Digital Passport scheme (in English). Unless I have it completely wrong, if you have a valid Swiss pass sanitaire, it's valid in France*

* Might not work for 3rd country nationals Twisted Evil

….. yes, but I’m obvs missing something here? I don’t have the Swiss app, though….. or the French one??!! I did have a Spanish entry one a couple of weeks ago!!! We just have the regular NHS one like everyone else…..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alan1974 wrote:
Hi Goldfish, I did the same and asked about the chances of getting the booster added to the NHS app but was told that the situation was "under review".

We need a QR code, simple as that.

So which NHS app was that? NHS England, NHS Scotland, NHS Wales or NHS Northern Ireland because they are *ALL* different apps because hell the NHS in Scotland has been separate from the NHS in England since the inception of the NHS in 1948. So it's not some new fangled devolution/SNP thing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kimski44, > I don’t have the Swiss app, though….. or the French one??!!

They are all available to down download from device app stores and I'm pretty sure not location specific. I've just downloaded the Austrian app in UK.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
colinstone wrote:

They are all available to down download from device app stores and I'm pretty sure not location specific. I've just downloaded the Austrian app in UK.

Yes, but as I keep asking…..do we need all these apps, if the NHS QR code can be read by the countries verifiers? As pointed out by someone else, you need data to open the apps.

At least, we can download the NHS QR code to wallet or files and be read by the verifiers of said country you are visiting (at least that’s what I’m hoping). Doesn’t get away from the fact the is no QR code for the booster though, as yet.

On recent, long overdue trip to Dubai, they just pointed their verifier at our NHS QR code in our IOS wallet and bob was your uncle. I’m hoping that’s how it will work in Europe.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
@Duster, I did a manic day trip to France six or so weeks ago, travelling out and back on the same day on Eurostar.

I had an hour and a bit to kill for the return train so chilled out watching the world go by at one of the many brasseries by the Gare du Nord, and I did not see one instance of people showing their apps etc

We're back out for the season in ten days or so, though might delay if the Snow-Gods don't come up with the goods, so we can all compare our experiences.

I went to Les Deux Alpes and Chamonix three weeks ago and were asked for the PS every time we went in a restaurant or bar. They had people on the door checking on entry.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colinstone wrote:

Yes, but as I keep asking…..do we need all these apps, if the NHS QR code can be read by the countries verifiers? As pointed out by someone else, you need data to open the apps.

At least, we can download the NHS QR code to wallet or files and be read by the verifiers of said country you are visiting (at least that’s what I’m hoping). Doesn’t get away from the fact the is no QR code for the booster though, as yet.

On recent, long overdue trip to Dubai, they just pointed their verifier at our NHS QR code in our IOS wallet and bob was your uncle. I’m hoping that’s how it will work in Europe.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you can just save your QR code on your phone and show it as an image (i.e. not 'live' from the App), what's stopping you from using someone else's QR code if they are not checking them against ID.
Do they give identifying details like your name/gender/age...or just vaccination history-E.g. x jabs done on these dates?

Asking for friend obviously.... Smile I'm actually in the 'teenage children single jabbed' category but similar problem applies.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NE1, I did try starting a ne thread to rule etc ...

afaik one EU/CH app works everywhere. I haven't lived in the Uk for 15 years so have no idea re NHSx apps.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowhound, the Austrian app displays your name and date of birth. Details about vaccine type, date etc are contained in the code to determine validity but not displayed. Proof of identity should be asked for but probably isn't always but the penalties for being caught using someone else's data will be expensive and could even lead to you being locked up. There are stories in the press nearly every day of people being caught with forged or incorrect vaccine certificates.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NE1, >Yes, but as I keep asking…..do we need all these apps, if the NHS QR code can be read by the countries verifiers?

Hopefully not. But I don't trust the reliability of cross reading. So, I've downloaded each country app that I visit.
Had PS checked in France repeatedly but haven't been asked for ID as well.

>As pointed out by someone else, you need data to open the apps.

I've just opened the French PS with data switched off and the certificates in the wallet appear to be stored in the phone.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, we'd only use the codes for buying passes for French ski lifts if the PS kicks in for them (not too bothered about bars/restaurants) so I'm pretty sure the kiosk staff would be asking for ID then, given they do anyway for things like group/family passes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
colinstone wrote:

Hopefully not. But I don't trust the reliability of cross reading. So, I've downloaded each country app that I visit.

This. It costs nothing, just a minute of time to import the latest NHS QR code.

Quote:
As pointed out by someone else, you need data to open the apps.

I've just opened the French PS with data switched off and the certificates in the wallet appear to be stored in the phone.

Your biggest problem won't be data usage, but getting an adequate signal and battery usage.

The NHS app needs a data connection, but is also a faff opening, and getting the correct page. This this because it is designed for more than just showing your vaccination status.

The EU apps are designed for this sole purpose. The QR code is stored on the phone, so no data needed. They also open munch quicker! (the Green pass and CH Covid cert are 1 click, the French TAC 2).

Give yourselves a couple of options. Along with a copy saved to your phone, you should have all based covered.

Just make sure you update the latest QR code before you travel and ensure it is still valid for the return. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@colinstone, I've found the TAC works in every country I've been in recently, IT, CH, ES ...
latest report
Chris_n wrote:
@snowhound, the Austrian app displays your name and date of birth. Details about vaccine type, date etc are contained in the code to determine validity but not displayed.

They are displayed. Tap the code so the full certificate comes up and then scroll down.
ski holidays
@Scarlet, I was talking about the check app not Grunnerpass i.e. what someone scanning your cert would see.
ski holidays
There’s chat on Twitter at the moment that this rule won’t apply to foreign visitors as it’s too difficult to monitor so there’s a glimmer of hope.

‘ Some clarification on booster doses and the health pass. From 15 Dec over-65’s will lose their pass 6 months and 5 weeks after their 2nd shot - unless they get a booster. Does this apply to foreign visitors? No definite word but I’m told that it WON’T. It’s too hard to apply’. John Lichfield
snow conditions
@Chris_n, Ah, gotcha. Sorry. Not sure I understand the obsession with scanning the codes or loading them into 4 different apps. I've never scanned mine, just assumed it would work if someone did, which they don't. But whatever.
snow report
@Chuckles3, I don't think it's to do with difficulty, more that it's an EU wide thing and individual country peculiarities aren't counted.
snow conditions
@Scarlet, yeah I dont get the obsession either now that the NHS QR codes are EU friendly. I only downloaded the check app because someone I used to work with asked me if I could check it for them and emailed me a PDF of their codes.
Like you mine has never been scanned, the only time I have been asked for it was at Hintertux on Thursday. No one here asks any thing more than have you been vaccinated and takes your reply on trust, but they do know I live here.
snow report
I am going to be in the middle of a ski week in France on the 15th Dec and am over 65, so I really hope my booster of 5 weeks ago can be recorded in some way that the Restaurants and rail stations in France accept. I will be travelling back on the train on the 19th so would be stuck. Would they accept a GP's letter? I very much doubt it. I certainly couldn't put it on an App.
snow report
@snowball, I am in the same predicament as you are . The NHS app also give you access to your medical record. If you sign into the app, under 'View your GP health record' This link will take you to 'immunisations' The details of 3rd boost vaccine will be there. Proof that you had the booster jab
latest report
So was having a long chat with my brother yesterday who lives just on the edge of the Chautreuse, South of Le Pont-de-Beauvoisin, North of Voiron and East of Lac Paladru.

It's very rural and as he lives on his own he goes to the local Tabac / bars.

Naturally, the conversation came round to Covid and with the rising numbers in France, and I asked him about Pass Sanitare etc and he has not shown it or seen it being used for a couple of months. At first, it was very officious with the local proprietors demanding to see peoples phones but now no longer, around Lac Paladru in the Summer there are a large number of seasonal restos/bars/ buvets.

The only thing he said was that some guy was refused entry to the bar as he is a known anti-vaxxer.

Brother who is 71 also said with the rising numbers he might stop going on a Friday night as everyone is more or less back to normal with bizous handshakes and hugs and on a Friday the bar is now very busy.

He has his booster this week.
snow report
When it says you need a PCR test within 24 or 48 hrs of departure, does that mean prior to departure, or post departure / on arrival?

If prior to departure, does it mean you need to actually take the test within that time frame, or get the results within the time frame? If the latter, I imagine you'd need to take the test a day or two earlier, in order to allow the results to come thru - I don't think the results are instantaneous, so imagine they are posted or emailed back?

Each country words their requirements slightly differently - all really confusing!
snow conditions
@Chris_n,
Quote:

@Scarlet, yeah I dont get the obsession either now that the NHS QR codes are EU friendly.

Talking about this in the pub last night - and the main difference that I tested was that the English NHS app took 27seconds to display the correct QR code, and needed data connectivity, whereas the French App loaded it within 4 seconds with no need for data.
ski holidays
RobinS wrote:
@Chris_n,
Quote:

@Scarlet, yeah I dont get the obsession either now that the NHS QR codes are EU friendly.

Talking about this in the pub last night - and the main difference that I tested was that the English NHS app took 27seconds to display the correct QR code, and needed data connectivity, whereas the French App loaded it within 4 seconds with no need for data.

This. TAC is a couple of clicks and virtually instant. NHS Eng not so much.
latest report
RobinS wrote:
@Chris_n,
Quote:

Understand this I certainly wouldn't be relying on having data especially in the mountains, there was certainly no data in the hut at the top of Hintertux the other day. I do have PDF of vax cert on phone too and paper copy just in case phone isn't working for whatever reason.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris_n wrote:
RobinS wrote:
@Chris_n,
Quote:

Understand this I certainly wouldn't be relying on having data especially in the mountains, there was certainly no data in the hut at the top of Hintertux the other day. I do have PDF of vax cert on phone too and paper copy just in case phone isn't working for whatever reason.

Numpty phone Q... If you have a QR* saved for non-wifi spot retrieval... is there a way of check-scanning it? Eg, with someone else who has the TAC?

Ta

*(I see QR and still think, Queen's Regulations Very Happy )
snow report
@Goldfish888, thanks. Without QR code I still find it difficult to believe Restaurants would read it, but certainly better. With something on a screen they might just wave me through rather than try to understand.
latest report
When in Pyrennees in sept no one in restaurants actually scanned a QR code
They just wanted to see it (in tac app)
ski holidays
@Charliegolf, you can certainly load the French and Swiss verification apps ...
snow report
RobinS wrote:

I think that you need connectivity with the NHS App because it's actually generating a new QR code, valid for another month. It's not just displaying a code previously created.

If you have an Apple Watch, you can put the QR code into your Apple Wallet and display it in the same way you bring up a credit/debit card. But that code is static and will become invalid a month after it's generated. And if you do regenerate a code in the App, you need to delete the existing one in your wallet and load up the new one. Just like with the paper/PDF version.

But I'm happy to be corrected if I've got this wrong.
ski holidays
Or you could just carefully photoshop a screen grab and have it on your phone as you enter a restaurant, proprietor certainly will not question that; should you even get asked to show it, and the likelyhood of the gendarmes demanding to see it check/scan it....

Plus just have the booster card/paperwork with you just in case....
snow report
LaForet wrote:
If you have an Apple Watch, you can put the QR code into your Apple Wallet and display it in the same way you bring up a credit/debit card. But that code is static and will become invalid a month after it's generated. And if you do regenerate a code in the App, you need to delete the existing one in your wallet and load up the new one. Just like with the paper/PDF version.

But I'm happy to be corrected if I've got this wrong.
The QR code works OK in my Apple Watch, and if I scan Covid Pass with TAC Verif it is approved. The QR code takes up all of the watch's screen, so to show the other data (name, etc) you just scroll down to reveal more info.
snow conditions
@under a new name, Cheers. I bet you have a linky tucked away somewhere Very Happy
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
Or you could just carefully photoshop a screen grab and have it on your phone as you enter a restaurant, proprietor certainly will not question that; should you even get asked to show it, and the likelyhood of the gendarmes demanding to see it check/scan it....

Plus just have the booster card/paperwork with you just in case....

Why would you want to Photoshop a screen grab, that could get you 3 years imprisonment for deliberately falsifying Covid certificates here!
snow report
@Chris_n, as I said you'd have the necessary docs to back you up, should you actually be asked to show anything anyway?

As I mentioned, currently in certain areas of France they're not checking anyway, maybe Austria is just a bit more Authoritarian?

For sure if the bars / local plod know you it's not so much of a concern as opposed to those going out on holiday etc

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 15-11-21 9:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Weathercam, I've only ever been asked for proof once when I went to Hintertux, never been asked locally. The authorities are having a bit of a push in the cities here, probably because restrictions have recently been imposed. Over the last few months various areas have had exit checks because of high rates, some people have been stupid enough to expect to be OK with forgeries.
latest report
@Chris_n, like I said, carry the right docs with you should you get stopped by the authorities, as I'm sure they should understand etc

It's those that have not been vaxxed and are forging that should be punished, not our fault the systems are not compatible?

Actually this is a thread about Passe Sanitaire and France and nought to do with Austria Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy