Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Pass Sanitaire - Booster Jab Mandatory 15 Dec Over 65

Poster: A snowHead
Macron makes booster jabs mandatory for over-65s

France's over-65s and those deemed high risk will require a booster jab to take trains or go to restaurants from next month, Emmanuel Macron announced last night. It will make France the first EU country to declare the third jab mandatory. It is expected that the rules will apply to tourists and expats. In a televised address, the French president said that, from Dec 15, the over-65s and "the most fragile" will only be recognised as fully vaccinated on France's Covid health pass if they have had a booster.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/11/09/france-make-covid-booster-mandatory-over-65s-access-public-spaces/?WT.mc_id=e_DM1519843&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FAM_New_ES&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_FAM_New_ES20211110&utm_campaign=DM1519843

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59229041

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-11-21 8:35; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@colinstone, I wonder whether it wouldn't be a good idea to change this thread title to something like, "France Pass Sanitaire - Status", or the like, as while updates (like this one) are being randomly picked up in e.g. "Travel in France", given the interest, a single point of collection might be helpful?

Given he also said that >50s would be offered a 3rd at the start of Dec, will he impose the same rules? Seems somewhat unfair not to, but ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The government need to fix the NHS covid travel app pretty quickly so that it recognises boosters or it is going to be a bit of a problem for many people - AFAIK the booster does not show on the NHS Covid app.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So it’s not mandatory, but certain groups face restrictions if not triple jabbed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lynnecha, The 12-15s can't even get ANY record of covid status, let alone for boosters. Need to get that sorted first. Even better, give them a choice of Jab 2. Not sure why the UK think the balance of risk goes against this, but pretty every other western country thinks differently.
Basically, the App has been overtaken by events and policies of different countries, and is struggling to play catch up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, Thanks. Done. I'm 67 and due J3 2 Dec. I'm in Austria then France 1 - 18 Dec.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowhound, as you said elsewhere, the over 65s are now in the same boat as 12-15YOs.

Perhaps the added weight and torrent of emails regarding the app might quicken any change. Hopefully any 65+ people contacting their MPs will request that their teenaged counterparts are included in any update.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From me, this is a hypothetical question, although I have no doubt a few people will fall into this hole:
What if, as an over 65, you were a little hesitant with your initial jabs (or haven't even had them yet) and therefore don't yet qualify for a booster on the basis of time passed? Is France handing out boosters to everyone regardless of the time since the previous dose?

Admittedly, I haven't read the regulation so don't know if I'm just getting a media interpretation. Here in Austria, nobody (with a few medical exceptions) qualifies for a booster before 6 months (and I believe the UK is similar), but any regulation regarding boosters takes that into account.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well OH is 67 and getting her booster this Friday (having to travel 40km) here in the UK before we leave so will be interesting to see if we can load it into Tous Covid French App.

Then I'll get mine I suppose when I'm out there sometime in December as my second was in France in July.

Don't think it's going to affect too many unlike those with kids/ teenagers wanting to ski?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My question is what evidence do the French require and accept from UK citizens, given that as I understand it the booster will not appear on the NHS app? My wife and I will both have been boosted by mid November and are hopefully skiing in France early Jan.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@twoodwar, will let you know Friday when we try to upload it to the TousCovid app which you should have done by now with your UK jabs, unfortunately, it still does work the other way round, in that my French jab will not upload to the NHH app.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam, cheers, appreciated. Have not uploaded yet because the NHS pass only has a one month validity
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
interesting!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@twoodwar, my wife had her booster back in September and there is still no record of her receiving it in the NHS system. While France isn't a concern for us as we're under 65. She had her second jab at the end of December 2020 (before the 12 week increase), so is now 'unjabbed' according to the Austrian gov because she has no way of proving she's had her booster (which would give her another 270 days from Sept). As it stands, our trip to Mayrhofen in March is going to have to be cancelled.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just waiting to re upload mine later this week, so it covers the return from Psb, so will feed back.

the problem is likely to be that the QR code covers the first 2, but not the booster, so it still won't show on the Tac. It does appear in the NHS app in text form, in your GP record section, so you could always refer to that in the meantime if asked.

The deadline is a bit tight. Can't see how the French could possibly hope to give everybody in that category the booster in 4 weeks, so unlikely this would/could be strictly enforced from that date.

Strikes me this is a bit of posturing by Macron to try to cover up his current problems, with his usual problem of not thinking about the practicalities before talking.

Would EU rules allow the French to impose this on all visitors, including other EU Nationals, whose Countries may not actually be giving boosters yet?
snow conditions
@rjj501, I sympathise. I am just under 65 and my wife just over 65. Needless to say, I am effectively over 65 for the purposes of our holiday. Just emailed Inghams who we will travel with for an urgent update.
ski holidays
@brianatab, I hope you may be right. As for Macron and his posturing,I’m surprised he’s letting UK visitors in at all. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
@brianatab, also, not entirely sure the TAC back end necessarily set up to handle the discrimination between categories ...
latest report
@brianatab, it is a little reassuring if your booster is shown in text on the NHS app. Mine isn't, but possibly because it was given at a pharmacy-based site separate from the GP the data hasn't migrated across yet (it's about 2 weeks).
snow report
Wonder what the testing regime/requirement will be without a 3rd jab?? Daily/48 hour PCR/LFT etc etc??
Agree hasn't been thought through very well.
snow conditions
@brianatab, The deadline does look tight, as of 8 Nov France has given 3.5m booster jabs (the UK 10.5m). I can see a postponement coming.

It may be problematic for the Swiss whose booster programme starts on 15 Nov.
ski holidays
The big question is whether the booster jab currently only shown in your GP records will be acceptable. If not ……….
ski holidays
@chocksaway, why problematic for the Swiss?
snow conditions
As far as I'm aware, the NHS App is currently only able to show the first and last jabs, so it should be showing the booster shot if you've had one (at the expense of the second one). This is what I've been told and what it shows for me.

There is work ongoing to correct this so it can display all your vaccinations.
snow conditions
@olderscot, Would be very unfair if they solved the problem for 65+ but ignored the previous problem for 12-15 not being able to get ANY information from the App.
Perhaps it's because they don't vote?
ski holidays
I haven't a clue why they aren't showing any vaccination status for 12-15 year olds. It would make sense for them to be working on that as well.

PS. Booster jabs aren't just for 65+.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 10-11-21 12:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
From me, this is a hypothetical question, although I have no doubt a few people will fall into this hole:
What if, as an over 65, you were a little hesitant with your initial jabs (or haven't even had them yet) and therefore don't yet qualify for a booster on the basis of time passed? Is France handing out boosters to everyone regardless of the time since the previous dose?

Admittedly, I haven't read the regulation so don't know if I'm just getting a media interpretation. Here in Austria, nobody (with a few medical exceptions) qualifies for a booster before 6 months (and I believe the UK is similar), but any regulation regarding boosters takes that into account.

UK boosters being offered to all over 50's 6 moths post their and jab. Has been he case for a few weeks now.
snow report
Some more info on it:

He told France Info that from December 15th, health pass codes will automatically be deactivated for all over 65s six months and five weeks after their last vaccine shot.

The booster is only available six months after a second dose of the injection, so this gives over 65s just five weeks to get their booster, or risk their health pass being deactivated.

But it does mean that over 65s who are not yet eligible under the six-month limit will be able to keep their pass until they become eligible.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, It may impact Swiss older travellers to France, depending of course, on the speed of the rollout of the booster in CH.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@under a new name, It may impact Swiss older travellers to France, depending of course, on the speed of the rollout of the booster in CH.

As an old fart who fits that demographic and need , its easily done as Ive found out this morning. Just go to the doc when appropriate.
snow conditions
@barracuda, 5 weeks is plenty of time
ski holidays
Quote:

@barracuda, 5 weeks is plenty of time

Plenty of time to get your booster, if you're eligible, but is it enough time for glitch with the NHS Covid Travel Pass to get sorted out?
ski holidays
@olderscot may have the answer, so I hope he/she is well informed.

Even if the NHS can only hold two Covid vaccination records, if they are tagged as the second in a dosage of two and as the booster then that is all that is needed. Or numbers 2 and 3 from a sequence of 3. I assume that information is part of the QR code, certainly the French recognise the second vaccine QR as demonstrating full vaccination without needing to see the first.
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:

But not if the Swiss are not mandating it for their pass sanitaire ... they'll just come up as "valid" ... I think ... similar but opposite to me in Italy in July? ... fully vaxxed in France (prior infection + 1 jag) but not in Italy (2 jags) - I had no problems TAC just said "fully vaxxed".
snow report
@under a new name, i assume the QR code contains your DOB so an update to verif app is all that is required.
snow conditions
@Chris_n, I guess ...
snow report
twoodwar wrote:
@brianatab, I hope you may be right. As for Macron and his posturing,I’m surprised he’s letting UK visitors in at all. Evil or Very Mad

He won't admit it, but he needs the cash. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Just found this link, some very interesting descriptions from opponents.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/rotting-from-the-top-emmanuel-macrons-lies-savaged-as-french-election-nears/ar-AAQxrIe?li=BBoPWjQ

"The third dose will therefore have been nothing more than an excuse to make a campaign speech in which almost all the statements are highly questionable."
Bastien Lachaud, member of La France Insoumise, was scathing towards Mr Macron, saying that Mr Macron's government "lie" and "govern without consulting."
"This is a President who has made a report of good things, but forgotten his failures."
"And a second dose of Macron would be the worst treatment for a France that is suffering so much."
snow conditions
@brianatab, is Bastien Lachaud, of the left-wing populist party La France Insoumise, saying that the science tells us that booster vaccines are not effective (“nothing more than a political excuse”), and Macron is wrong to encourage their uptake.
snow conditions
@rob@rar, I don't think anybody in that article was quoted as implying the booster vaccine was not effective.

The main objection is to the way it was announced, as part of a Campaign Speech for next year's elections, with Macron trying to take full personal credit for the vaccine development and distribution as a screen for his other failures and problems.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy