Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Pass Sanitaire - Booster Jab Mandatory 15 Dec Over 65

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone answer a question on booster jabs:

I'm only just 55, but anticipate the 3rd jab will be a requirement in France for my age group before the end of the coming ski season.

I had a booster booked on Friday, but was turned away as the NHS app had erroneously booked me 2 days too soon. Went back today and was good to go when I was told it would be Moderna, so I walked away (for now).

Personally I have no problem with Moderna, and I understand that due to shortages of Phizer as it's being given to teenagers the UK is delivering most boosters with Moderna currently, but, France has stopped giving Moderna boosters about a month ago.

So if you get a Moderna booster in UK, once the QR mess is sorted, will France be happy with a UK QR code that confirms 3rd jab with Moderna not Phizer?

Gut feeling is probably, because:
Some French were boosted with Moderna before the policy change.
Moderna is recognised by EU for boosters.

But that is hardly definitive. Anyone KNOW?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@midgetbiker, this would appear to be +/- definitive, https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

... as to the framework. I note 2 things,

"The Commission has proposed, and Member States have adopted, an update to the Council recommendation on free movement restrictions. It includes specific provisions – although Member States can be less strict as well:"

- and that the uk has adopted the framework.

Not sure if that helps ... I'd agree that I think e.g. France will accept e.g. Moderna boosters.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, thx. I have a strong feeling they will have to even if they didn't want to as policing travellers jabbed abroad with Moderna, AZ etc would be too difficult.

It's now moot to us as the missus found a local pharmacy with Pfizer and used social media chat (to which I'm allergic) to jump us onto their list for today. Bish bosh bash, we're done.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At the Prime Ministers Covid briefing today, a question from a member of the public raised the issue of the booster not being on the NHS app to facilitate overseas travel and asked when would it be added. Boris responded by saying we will be making plans to add the booster dose to the travel pass.
On the positive the issue has now been raised at the highest level although the answer in my view doesn’t inspire confidence in a speedy resolution.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought Boris's reply was totally unacceptable - more waffle.

There must be many people planning to go skiing in Europe as soon as resorts open who need that booster jab to be officially recorded.

My GP this morning very kindly printed out my three jabs and officially stamped the papers - so I hope that will suffice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@midgetbiker, I think the reason that France isn‘t boosting with Moderna (at the moment?) is because coming soon is a half dose Moderna booster. The Moderna vaccine has more than 3.5 times the dose of active ingredient compared to Pfizer and with this higher dose has come better and longer lasting efficacy (significantly fewer breakthrough infections than Pfizer) but also a higher incidence of adverse effects. Some European countries recently decided not to give Moderna any more to under 30s for this reason. I‘ve not been following too closely but I think the half dose booster is not yet approved in EMA though expected to be shortly. Here in CH they‘ve largely been trying to dissuade us from worrying about boosters just yet (unless >65) but they did reveal they have ordered the half dose for next year.

Long story short I think the reason France aren‘t boosting with Moderna is dose concerns not efficacy and there are certainly no efficacy concerns to prevent them accepting it.

Also the EU covid passport scheme works on mutual recognition of each other‘s vaccines and the UK is now in it? Not to mention half of CH would have issues entering FR if FR decided not to accept the Moderna booster.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’m am hoping Skilegs’ solution of stamped papers will do, if they don’t sort out the NHS APP compatibility issue by January. Otherwise, I will go anyway on my own for just a few days, leaving my “elderly husband, booster-dosed-but-unable-to-prove-it” at home. Which would be a bit harsh.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I had a booster booked on Friday, but was turned away as the NHS app had erroneously booked me 2 days too soon. Went back today and was good to go when I was told it would be Moderna, so I walked away (for now).
Personally I have no problem with Moderna, and I understand that due to shortages of Phizer as it's being given to teenagers the UK is delivering most boosters with Moderna currently, but, France has stopped giving Moderna boosters about a month ago

That is interesting - I hadn't heard that one since everyone I know given the booster in the last few days was given the phizer one. Is this only in certain parts of the country?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 15-11-21 22:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The link below from The Connexxion is quite interesting and makes a differentiation between pass sanitaire and the fully vaccinated status used for entry purposes.

It is a couple of days old, apologies if it’s been posted before.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/How-will-UK-over-65s-prove-Covid-booster-for-French-health-pass
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kimski44 wrote:
Otherwise, I will go anyway on my own for just a few days, leaving my “elderly husband, booster-dosed-but-unable-to-prove-it” at home. Which would be a bit harsh.

I am on the other side of that axis, and happily my family still want me (after all they don't want to be reduced to reading the piste map for themselves) but say they will bring out a sandwich for me to eat in the cold outside while they have a nice lunch. There had better be nice weather!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam, Looking forward to hearing how you get on when you get to Serre Chevalier! We’ve got a week booked in Villeneuve in January & Chantmerle in March. Already downloaded the French app & scanned our NHS QR code with no problem. OH is 65 & we’ll both have had our booster before going, just fingers crossed he’ll be able to prove it!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It’s Moderna in Liverpool. My wife was jabbed yesterday. No side effects
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kimski44 wrote:
I’m am hoping Skilegs’ solution of stamped papers will do, if they don’t sort out the NHS APP compatibility issue by January. Otherwise, I will go anyway on my own for just a few days, leaving my “elderly husband, booster-dosed-but-unable-to-prove-it” at home. Which would be a bit harsh.

The worst case scenario though is only testing (€25) every 3 days.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gämsbock wrote:
@midgetbiker, I think the reason that France isn‘t boosting with Moderna (at the moment?) is because coming soon is a half dose Moderna booster. The Moderna vaccine has more than 3.5 times the dose of active ingredient compared to Pfizer and with this higher dose has come better and longer lasting efficacy (significantly fewer breakthrough infections than Pfizer) but also a higher incidence of adverse effects. Some European countries recently decided not to give Moderna any more to under 30s for this reason. I‘ve not been following too closely but I think the half dose booster is not yet approved in EMA though expected to be shortly. Here in CH they‘ve largely been trying to dissuade us from worrying about boosters just yet (unless >65) but they did reveal they have ordered the half dose for next year.

Long story short I think the reason France aren‘t boosting with Moderna is dose concerns not efficacy and there are certainly no efficacy concerns to prevent them accepting it.

Also the EU covid passport scheme works on mutual recognition of each other‘s vaccines and the UK is now in it? Not to mention half of CH would have issues entering FR if FR decided not to accept the Moderna booster.

Yep, I had drawn my own conclusions on the stopping of Moderna being a side effect rather than efficacy issue, and my OP on the subject pretty much concluded that Moderna booster would most likely be acceptable. All the same with 7 or 8 weeks of skiing testing could prove dear and a real hassle, so we decided the safest route was to follow French protocols and go with Pfizer.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
johnE wrote:
Quote:

Personally I have no problem with Moderna, and I understand that due to shortages of Phizer as it's being given to teenagers the UK is delivering most boosters with Moderna currently, but, France has stopped giving Moderna boosters about a month ago

That is interesting - I hadn't heard that one since everyone I know given the booster in the last few days was given the phizer one. Is this only in certain parts of the country?

I think it's an 'on the whole' scenario, but very much skewed by individual venue and related logistics. So the pharmacy we went to in the end only had delivery of Pfizer, if you turned up for jab1, jab2, or jab3 that's what you got. The original venue had delivery of both Moderna and Pfizer, but limited Pfizer which all got booked up by jab1/jab2 victims, only leaving the Moderna for the (larger number of) booster wannabees.
snow conditions
Quote:

I am on the other side of that axis, and happily my family still want me (after all they don't want to be reduced to reading the piste map for themselves) but say they will bring out a sandwich for me to eat in the cold outside while they have a nice lunch.

You have a very kind family. I wonder if they will notice that your map reading skills takes them away from restaurants all the time. Or, indeed, why you insist on everyone eating sarnies on the lift.
ski holidays
@johnE, I am sure it will influence my choice of route! I already get complaints from my wife that I don't take her only down runs that have a coffee stop at the bottom.
snow conditions
@j b, I suppose you are trying to minimise her caffine intake while maximising the enjoyment found in skiing
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
@rob@rar, I don't think anybody in that article was quoted as implying the booster vaccine was not effective.

The main objection is to the way it was announced, as part of a Campaign Speech for next year's elections, with Macron trying to take full personal credit for the vaccine development and distribution as a screen for his other failures and problems.

I don't really think he is alone in using this strategy.
snow report
OH's booster now showing on the NHS app now trying to get it into the Tous Covid App

And SUCCESS
snow conditions
And my booster too is now recorded on the NHS app. Including a QR code for dose 3 of 3 - so hopeful TAC will be satisfied with that.

Anxiety over December trip alleviated.
snow report
Am going for my booster this afternoon, so hopefully my NHS app will be updated not long after showing my booster.
Christmas trip was not an issue, but not sure how It would played out for France in feb, as it would have been exactly 270 days from 2nd jab on the day we travel out!!

Fly in the ointment for me now, is my 15year old will only be single jabbed, but recently covid recovered, by feb half term. But when speaking to her the other day, along with family friends in similar situation who we are going with.

They are willing to get tested morning, noon and night whilst away, if it means a trip to the mountains!!!!
snow conditions
Booster has now shown up in my NHS app ( 3 of 3), I have successfully uploaded to French TAC app where it immediately accepts it as valid. Double checked using the TAC Verif app which also recognises it as valid.
snow report
Ah this is all great news - the NHS app has obviously literally just been updated! Thanks all, for the info.
snow report
j b wrote:
@johnE, I am sure it will influence my choice of route! I already get complaints from my wife that I don't take her only down runs that have a coffee stop at the bottom.

Yes …. My husband’s a bit like that!!
snow conditions
…. I meant… if I leave him behind, at least I’d get a bit more skiing done, rather than poncing around drinking over-priced coffee every half an hour…. although, less sociable. What to do??!
ski holidays
Covid pass to have boosters added 29th Nov in Wales. That'll do. (Says he whose stress radar now moves to worrying about actually getting, a booster lol.) Should be fine, I was 2nd jab in May.
snow report
I am in france at the moment and when I came to show my covid pass at the entry to a gym I noticed that the booster shot was on the English NHS app.

It appears that we English do not need to worry about this anymore.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boosters to be added to the NHS app

BBC News - Booster vaccines added to NHS Covid Pass for travel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59345184

Edit: looks like everyone else got there first!
latest report
Charliegolf wrote:
Covid pass to have boosters added 29th Nov in Wales. That'll do. (Says he whose stress radar now moves to worrying about actually getting, a booster lol.) Should be fine, I was 2nd jab in May.

You should be good - I was June 1st 2nd jab and I have a booster booked in for Dec 1st via NHS website.
snow conditions
Just had booster. J2 was 5 June, JB based on 182 days was due 4 Dec. I was passing by the drop in centre at Kassam Stadium and popped in to ask about having the booster slightly early. I was told I could have one today - 2 weeks early. 30 mins later walked out with Pfizer in my arm.
snow report
Excellent news about the booster! OH is having his next week (65yrs old!) & mine should be 2 weeks later. France on Jan 15th Very Happy
snow conditions
Great news. Booster on my app. January trip fears alleviated till the next issue!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy