Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire in French ski resorts for British unvaccinated teenagers

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone know if it has been decided yet if the Pass Sanitaire will be required in French ski resorts for British single vaccinated teenagers over Christmas and New Year? We still haven't decided yet if we are going ahead with our booked trip to the French alps at the end of December, as we don't know what the situation is like with the Pass Sanitaire yet. Our teenagers are 15 and 13 and they will have received one vaccine dose. My son had Covid back in August, but our GP is not issuing a "recovery certificate", so not sure how we would get around this, if we are going. Will it be enough to show proof of a positive PCR Covid test done within the last 6 months, for unvaxed teenagers to be able to enter French restaurants and pools?


Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 2-11-21 16:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As it stands they would need to do regular tests whilst in resort to get a PS. I strongly doubt they will move on this.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee wrote:
As it stands they would need to do regular tests whilst in resort to get a PS. I strongly doubt they will move on this.


Thanks for your reply. Do you know how regularly they need to be tested and if an antigen test is enough? Or is a PCR test needed?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Motherofthree, It is a lateral flow test every 72 hours in a pharmacy I think. As things stand the PS is not required for access to ski lifts but that could change.

If you look towards the end of this thread people are writing to their MPs to complain that UK teens have not had the option of a second vaccine:


https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156480&highlight=
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You ask if a recovery letter from your GP combined with a single vaccine will be enough: Not as it stands as neither would have correct QR codes to scan into TAC for PS.

As stated above the test in pharmacy lasts 72 hrs, cost we paid was €25.01 and I suspect that is so precise it is a standard charge.

PS not currently required to ski per se, but a review of that decision in mid Nov. 2no tests (so €50) would pretty much cover eating out for a week on a standard (6 days in resort) trip, and skiing if it became necessary.

That's all as I understand (and have experienced) it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Even more annoyingly, if you have to to 72 hours testing, you can only buy 3 days lift passes, so probably won't be able to take advantage of the 'family deals' most resorts do for 6 day passes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowhound, I doubt that would be the case as you can buy a six day lift pass in advance of the holiday through a UK tour operator now.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fingers crossed, but that will be under the current rules where PS does not apply. if the rules change, they will probably have to refund and then get new passes?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowymum wrote:
@Motherofthree, It is a lateral flow test every 72 hours in a pharmacy I think. As things stand the PS is not required for access to ski lifts but that could change.

If you look towards the end of this thread people are writing to their MPs to complain that UK teens have not had the option of a second vaccine:


https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156480&highlight=


Thanks for your reply. If lateral flow tests are allowed instead of PCR tests, at least that will be cheaper.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
midgetbiker wrote:
You ask if a recovery letter from your GP combined with a single vaccine will be enough: Not as it stands as neither would have correct QR codes to scan into TAC for PS.

As stated above the test in pharmacy lasts 72 hrs, cost we paid was €25.01 and I suspect that is so precise it is a standard charge.

PS not currently required to ski per se, but a review of that decision in mid Nov. 2no tests (so €50) would pretty much cover eating out for a week on a standard (6 days in resort) trip, and skiing if it became necessary.

That's all as I understand (and have experienced) it.


25.01 EUR per test every 72 hours doesn't sound too bad, even if we have two teenagers. We would need three of those tests though, as we are planning to drive there. Do they accept antigen/lateral flows test in France, or is a PCR test needed to be able to access restaurants and swimming pools? Thanks.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do these tests need to be performed within or by a pharmacy? If so then I wonder if there is a pharmacy in La Rosiere and if they take bookings...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Halitosis wrote:
Do these tests need to be performed within or by a pharmacy? If so then I wonder if there is a pharmacy in La Rosiere and if they take bookings...


Good question. I wonder that too, or if you can do an antigen test yourself in your accommodation?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The tests definitely have to be taken in a pharmacy. There is one in the main La Rosiere village. If you are staying in the other part of La Rosiere, Les Eucherts, it is a 10 minute walk along the woodland trail.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Motherofthree wrote:
Halitosis wrote:
Do these tests need to be performed within or by a pharmacy? If so then I wonder if there is a pharmacy in La Rosiere and if they take bookings...


Good question. I wonder that too, or if you can do an antigen test yourself in your accommodation?


A friend of ours visited Paris recently with an unvaccinated teen. They bought test kits from an online company C19testing.co.uk. £ 25 each.

Self test lat flow kits (basically same as you get free from NHS) but you upload result as a photo showing test stick alongside passport. They email you an official looking certificate within 12 hours (actually took about 3 hours).

The QR code on their cert does not work with French or Italian verification apps though (they are not yet accredited under the EU green pass scheme) but our friends said when the scan doesn't work - the person inspecting simply checked the certificate and accepted it...

Its all a bit of a grey area...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sheffskibod, Given that the official test in a pharmacy is around the same price it would seem safest to use the pharmacy test which is guaranteed to work for the ps.

Although it would be good if the UK gov got its act together so families didn't have to pay out for testing whilst on holiday.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
sheffskibod wrote:
Motherofthree wrote:
Halitosis wrote:
Do these tests need to be performed within or by a pharmacy? If so then I wonder if there is a pharmacy in La Rosiere and if they take bookings...


Good question. I wonder that too, or if you can do an antigen test yourself in your accommodation?


A friend of ours visited Paris recently with an unvaccinated teen. They bought test kits from an online company C19testing.co.uk. £ 25 each.

Self test lat flow kits (basically same as you get free from NHS) but you upload result as a photo showing test stick alongside passport. They email you an official looking certificate within 12 hours (actually took about 3 hours).

The QR code on their cert does not work with French or Italian verification apps though (they are not yet accredited under the EU green pass scheme) but our friends said when the scan doesn't work - the person inspecting simply checked the certificate and accepted it...

Its all a bit of a grey area...


Thank you for the info, yes it does seem like a bit of a grey area. I guess the individual businesses have to weigh pros and cons of whether to accept or turn away customers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowymum wrote:
@sheffskibod, Given that the official test in a pharmacy is around the same price it would seem safest to use the pharmacy test which is guaranteed to work for the ps.

Although it would be good if the UK gov got its act together so families didn't have to pay out for testing whilst on holiday.


Definitely, I agree. Pharmacy tests it is then. Hopefully the wait times in the pharmacies won't be too long.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum wrote:
The tests definitely have to be taken in a pharmacy. There is one in the main La Rosiere village. If you are staying in the other part of La Rosiere, Les Eucherts, it is a 10 minute walk along the woodland trail.


Our trip is booked for Alpe D'Huez. Hopefully there will be a pharmacy in the Bergers area, where we will be staying.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowhound wrote:
Even more annoyingly, if you have to to 72 hours testing, you can only buy 3 days lift passes, so probably won't be able to take advantage of the 'family deals' most resorts do for 6 day passes.

No @snowhound that is not the case. You can buy family/tribe 6+ day passes online without PS at most FR resorts incl. Val d’Isère & Tignes. Those resorts are offering free cancellation until you first use a pass.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are going to Tignes for the week after New Year - due to medical issues within the family, our 12 year old and 14 year old will be double jabbed at least 2 weeks prior to our departure. Is there any way for a double jabbed child older than 12 years old to get the PS to work? They would need a QR code, but according to the NHS website, they can't access the NHS app until 16 years old. I am sure we can get a letter from our GP confirming that they have received both jabs, but don't believe that this will guarantee entry to restaurants/pools etc., so would also need to do the LFTs as well. Any experience would be welcome.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@The_Gate, no experience of achieving this, as our experience is like yours, under 16's have no way of generating or asking for proof of their status (be that recovered, single or double jabbed).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As we found out in the Summer, if possible get the tests booked in with the Pharmacy before you travel, as i assume that there will be lots of people in the same boat. We tried to get some tests in Bourg, but ended up in La Plagne!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sheffskibod wrote:
Motherofthree wrote:
Halitosis wrote:
Do these tests need to be performed within or by a pharmacy? If so then I wonder if there is a pharmacy in La Rosiere and if they take bookings...


Good question. I wonder that too, or if you can do an antigen test yourself in your accommodation?


A friend of ours visited Paris recently with an unvaccinated teen. They bought test kits from an online company C19testing.co.uk. £ 25 each.

Self test lat flow kits (basically same as you get free from NHS) but you upload result as a photo showing test stick alongside passport. They email you an official looking certificate within 12 hours (actually took about 3 hours).

The QR code on their cert does not work with French or Italian verification apps though (they are not yet accredited under the EU green pass scheme) but our friends said when the scan doesn't work - the person inspecting simply checked the certificate and accepted it...

Its all a bit of a grey area...


I also have contacts in France who have been happily operating on printed proof of testing only (reason being in their case they are tested at hospital, and the hospital does not generate a QR code). For the first few days of our last stay we carried our 15yr olds UK app generated test result around with us (but nobody asked). However this is not how it is supposed to work, tests for PS are supposed to be supervised, only QR coded results imported into TAC should in theory be acceptable. In other words you can do it, and it will work, until it doesn't (ie when someone knows and cares about the rules) and then you'll be stuck.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Grinning, Interesting, but if this was possible, how would the resort check that people satisfied the Pass Sanitaire requirements. First time the pass was used...would make for some big queues at 9 am on Sunday mornings!
I was assuming they would do their checks when the passes were actually bought at the office kiosks meaning no checks would be needed on the mountain.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The_Gate wrote:
We are going to Tignes for the week after New Year - due to medical issues within the family, our 12 year old and 14 year old will be double jabbed at least 2 weeks prior to our departure. Is there any way for a double jabbed child older than 12 years old to get the PS to work? They would need a QR code, but according to the NHS website, they can't access the NHS app until 16 years old. I am sure we can get a letter from our GP confirming that they have received both jabs, but don't believe that this will guarantee entry to restaurants/pools etc., so would also need to do the LFTs as well. Any experience would be welcome.


One of my teenagers had Covid a few months ago, but our GP is not issuing a "recovery certificate" unfortunately. It seems to be quite a lot of hassle to do the tests in a pharmacy every 72 hours, to the point where it nearly puts me off from going to be honest.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowhound wrote:
@Grinning, Interesting, but if this was possible, how would the resort check that people satisfied the Pass Sanitaire requirements. First time the pass was used...would make for some big queues at 9 am on Sunday mornings!
I was assuming they would do their checks when the passes were actually bought at the office kiosks meaning no checks would be needed on the mountain.


You are possibly confused about where the PS is required in resort. No PS required to buy ski passes or to board lifts - I’ve already bought mine. This may change but, at present, this is the situation.
Masks are required in lift queues and on lifts: this may also change.
Tignes glacier is open at moment and lifties are allowing people with buffs as well as normal surgical-style masks.
Tignes have published this which includes a booking number for LFT tests - free for FR, €25 for tourists.
Reading this should clear up your queries - check what other FR resorts are doing but they are aligned in wanting you and your teens to come skiing with them:
https://en.tignes.net/informations-covid-19
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks, my question was more about how the PS could be enforced IF ski lifts were brought under its remit-I know they're not at the moment. If people bought season passes online, I can't see how the PS could be enforced unless there were checks by the lifities, which seems completely impractical-particularly in peak weeks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowhound wrote:
Thanks, my question was more about how the PS could be enforced IF ski lifts were brought under its remit-I know they're not at the moment. If people bought season passes online, I can't see how the PS could be enforced unless there were checks by the lifities, which seems completely impractical-particularly in peak weeks.

At the minute, there is no question of PS at lift caisses or lift queues - I am not dealing with hypothetical situations.
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy