Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK joins EU Vaccine passport scheme

Poster: A snowHead
It would be nice if the app was like my gym app which of you don't have a signal offers to show the login QR code. I'm planning on taking paper copies and screenshots a bit like I do with boarding passes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DaveD wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Charliegolf wrote:
Won't we just flash the QR code on out NHS phone page, have it scanned and be welcomed with open arms?

I hope so. The problem with the NHS app is that you have to log in, which takes ages if you don’t have Face ID or Touch ID, then navigate your way to the appropriate section, and finally grab your certificate. The Swiss app just shows your certificate as soon as you launch it - no fiddling at all.

All you need to do is check it before you leave and take a screenshot of your certificate and put it to the top of your pictures
Or just add it to your phone’s digital wallet, which is much quicker than firing up your photos app. This is available on the iOS version of the NHS app and I assume for the android version as well? To display the QR code once it is added to the wallet takes a double tap of the side button, then select the QR code from whatever else you have stored in your digital wallet. It really couldn’t be easier. No need to unlock the phone, just double tap to open your wallet and select the NHS pass.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vaccinated kids are in complete limbo though.

Our 14 yr old had the jab in September at school - but currently no way to generate the QR code needed .

Italy should be accepting a single jab… but unless NHS gets its system changed , she will have to be tested in resort every 48 hrs to be able to get a local pass to access bars , restaurants , swimming pools and presumably ski lifts…

That might kill off our trip (again) as too much worry , faff and time .
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pieman666 wrote:
It would be nice if the app was like my gym app which of you don't have a signal offers to show the login QR code. I'm planning on taking paper copies and screenshots a bit like I do with boarding passes
That’s how the NHS app works if you add the QR code to your digital wallet. No need for internet access, no need to open specific apps, no need to unlock your phone. You just open your digital wallet (this takes a double-tap of an iPhone’s side button, I assume something similar for Android) and select the NHS pass to display your QR code.

With the NHS code now being recognised by EU scheme the NHS QR code you have stored in your digital wallet should be successfully scanned without needing to install various EU Covid apps, as I understand it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately @rob@rar, I can't see a way of saying it to my Google wallet. Google wallet only seems to support certain countries such as the US and Australia. I'm going to have a play around today to see what's what but I don't suppose I will have much successes...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pieman666 wrote:
Unfortunately @rob@rar, I can't see a way of saying it to my Google wallet. Google wallet only seems to support certain countries such as the US and Australia. I'm going to have a play around today to see what's what but I don't suppose I will have much successes...
OK, I'm an iPhone user so no idea about Android, just an assumption that this feature works in a similar way on both platforms.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You'd hope it would @rob@rar, but it doesn't appear to. Luckily my wife has an iPhone so it work for her.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pieman666 wrote:
You'd hope it would @rob@rar, but it doesn't appear to. Luckily my wife has an iPhone so it work for her.
OK, sorry to hear that, seems like a basic function that has been available for iPhones for years. I use my phone wallet for credit and debit cards, loyalty cards, boarding passes, and things like cinema tickets if the cinema app makes use of this functionality. This year I've used it to display my vaccination QR code, although with not much more than a cursory glance when entering venues means it's all been make-believe security gestures which are utterly pointless.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pieman666 wrote:

Just save it in your gdrive and open when needed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar wrote:
With the NHS code now being recognised by EU scheme the NHS QR code you have stored in your digital wallet should be successfully scanned without needing to install various EU Covid apps, as I understand it.

When you do this, does the wallet store any human-readable info, or just the QR code?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

When you do this, does the wallet store any human-readable info, or just the QR code?
For the domestic pass it shows name, date of birth and the expiry date for the QR code. The international travel pass also shows type of vaccine and date of second dose.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Name, date of birth and the expiry date for the QR code.

Okay, might work then. My concern is that in places where codes are not scanned (Austria...), the wallet may not provide enough info on its own. The app I have opens up with a QR code, but if you tap it it brings up a load of info about the vaccination, the same as the paper certificate. This is what people who have been checking it were looking at, so I wouldn't entirely bin the alternatives yet, depending on whereabouts you are travelling.

Also, backup paper copies don't require a battery.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet wrote:
Also, backup paper copies don't require a battery.
Sure, paper copy backups can be useful, although I’ve been using smartphones for about 15 years and not once have I run out of battery before the end of the day. I’ve lost my real wallet a couple of times over the years, which is where I’d store a paper backup, so I guess all things have risks.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

For the domestic pass it shows name, date of birth and the expiry date for the QR code. The international travel pass also shows type of vaccine and date of second dose.

If you tap the three dots in a circle on the wallet pass it shows lots more info including batch number, place of vaccination etc.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Might be relevant to some here… Australia has a so-called International Covid Vax Cert, which the Austrian Consul here confirmed was satisfactory for entry to Austria. He however hedged his bets on whether businesses in Austria would accept it. It, plus CHF30, was however all it took to get a Swiss app and certificate that will be recognised over the EU.

Details at: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-erhalt-gueltigkeit.html
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
pieman666 wrote:
OK, sorry to hear that, seems like a basic function that has been available for iPhones for years. I use my phone wallet for credit and debit cards, loyalty cards, boarding passes, and things like cinema tickets if the cinema app makes use of this functionality. This year I've used it to display my vaccination QR code, although with not much more than a cursory glance when entering venues means it's all been make-believe security gestures which are utterly pointless.

Ypu can do all that with Google Pay too, although storing a vaccine passport seems not to be classed as a loyalty card !
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
If you tap the three dots in a circle on the wallet pass it shows lots more info including batch number, place of vaccination etc.
Ah, hadn’t spotted that as I’d not yet added the Travel Pass to my wallet. No extra info is available for the Domestic Pass, but there is for the Travel Pass.
latest report
GreenDay wrote:
Ypu can do all that with Google Pay too, although storing a vaccine passport seems not to be classed as a loyalty card !
Same as with Apple Wallet. My Covid pass sits next to my Nectar card.
snow report
We still have to log into a website & no app option.
Backwards country.
snow conditions
I just downloaded my code to my phone. It automatically saves it in the Downloads/received folder. (4 clicks)

If you previously opened it from your email, it also puts a copy in your docs. folder. (3 clicks)

You can move it to another folder if you want, but I don't see the need.
snow report
Think I will do the printed copy route.
Folded up to fit in an A6 ID pouch or a poppet wallet & a lanyard. I did think about laminating, but with a pouch, the whole sheet will be available if someone wanted to inspect it.
Phones are fiddly with gloves on or with some water on the screen. Equally, a folded up piece of paper is not going to last long rolling around in the snow.
snow conditions
Mine was working happily for days, but has now gone al, 'login failed' because the HHS app is not available in Wales!
latest report
@Charliegolf,

This is messed up :-
From 30 September, visitors from Scotland, Northern Ireland and Jersey can show their international digital NHS COVID Pass at venues and settings in England.
Users from England and Wales can use their domestic NHS COVID Pass as usual.

So I need the domestic QR code (for the airport) & then the International QR Code for overseas.

There seems to a few websites that will scan QR code & allow you to add it to the wallet.
Ive tried 3 different ones & now have 3 different passes in my wallet showing my vax data.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 31-10-21 12:18; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Hi guys,
Iv just got back from a weeks holiday in France via Geneva. No issues with pass sanitaire through France as expected. We flew back from Geneva yesterday and in the airport we did the bag drop and went up to get some food in the food court and were stopped to show covid pass. I already had the Swiss Covid App/Pass (had it a few weeks now and didnt pay then and it still works) but my wife didnt have it. She only has the French Pass Sanitaire and the NHS App. She offered up the NHS App QR code and the guy scanned it and let us through. Whether it actually worked and "allowed" us access or he just wasnt bothered and let us in anyway, Im not sure - but given how diligent all the "checkers" we encountered throughout the week then Id hazard a guess that it accepted the NHS QR code.
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
This is messed up :-
From 30 September, visitors from Scotland, Northern Ireland and Jersey can show their international digital NHS COVID Pass at venues and settings in England.
Users from England and Wales can use their domestic NHS COVID Pass as usual.

So I need the domestic QR code (for the airport) & then the International QR Code for overseas.

There seems to a few websites that will scan QR code & allow you to add it to the wallet.
Ive tried 3 different ones & now have 3 different passes in my wallet showing my vax data.

If you are coming from 'Just beyond the Second star to the right', you should expect it to be complicated! Very Happy
snow report
@NewSkiingDad, thanks for sharing this. The Swiss validator still isn't accepting my NHS QR code, and we'll be at GVA on Friday. I've ordered the Swiss thing for 30CHF each, but I'm not sure if it'll come in time. We're heading straight into France, so I'm not bothered about not being able to have a coffee or whatever, but when you flew into GVA did they accept NHS cert, or demand their rogue 30CHF version?
ski holidays
NewSkiingDad wrote:
Hi guys,
Iv just got back from a weeks holiday in France via Geneva. No issues with pass sanitaire through France as expected. We flew back from Geneva yesterday and in the airport we did the bag drop and went up to get some food in the food court and were stopped to show covid pass. I already had the Swiss Covid App/Pass (had it a few weeks now and didnt pay then and it still works) but my wife didnt have it. She only has the French Pass Sanitaire and the NHS App. She offered up the NHS App QR code and the guy scanned it and let us through. Whether it actually worked and "allowed" us access or he just wasnt bothered and let us in anyway, Im not sure - but given how diligent all the "checkers" we encountered throughout the week then Id hazard a guess that it accepted the NHS QR code.

Going to GVA and then driving hire car to France on Friday. From what I can see GVA will take the NHS App and will need the signed one pager. Have the TAC app so that should do in France. Return is NHS App. Does this seem right? All look simple these days and restrictions on travel basically gone unless you are unvaccinated.
latest report
Happy to confirm that an English NHS barcode is now successfully verified by the Swiss Covid checker app. You need to generate a new certificate - old ones won’t work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjj501 wrote:
@NewSkiingDad, thanks for sharing this. The Swiss validator still isn't accepting my NHS QR code, and we'll be at GVA on Friday. I've ordered the Swiss thing for 30CHF each, but I'm not sure if it'll come in time. We're heading straight into France, so I'm not bothered about not being able to have a coffee or whatever, but when you flew into GVA did they accept NHS cert, or demand their rogue 30CHF version?

Surprisingly we werent asked for it. Just did passport check as usual and straight through.
ski holidays
alti - dude wrote:
NewSkiingDad wrote:
Hi guys,

Going to GVA and then driving hire car to France on Friday. From what I can see GVA will take the NHS App and will need the signed one pager. Have the TAC app so that should do in France. Return is NHS App. Does this seem right? All look simple these days and restrictions on travel basically gone unless you are unvaccinated.

As we are both double jabbed and yound kids it was as "normal" a travelling experience as can be expected yeah - other than showing the app and wearing masks.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Happy to confirm that an English NHS barcode is now successfully verified by the Swiss Covid checker app. You need to generate a new certificate - old ones won’t work.
Good news. Simplifies travel if a current NHS certificate meets the requirements.
latest report
Hi. Does that mean you have to apply for the Swiss App or can you just use the British one ?
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Sorry, but where does it say you have to have two different kinds of pass? And indeed how do you apply for the two different kinds? I applied months ago for a hard copy pass and I got a single one, with no expiry date on it and no reference to the purpose of its use. Confused
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

Sorry, but where does it say you have to have two different kinds of pass? And indeed how do you apply for the two different kinds? I applied months ago for a hard copy pass and I got a single one, with no expiry date on it and no reference to the purpose of its use. Confused
The NHS app shows two kinds of pass, Domestic and Travel. Both types of pass have an expiry date (which seems to be on a rolling 1-month basis).
snow conditions
@Hurtle, on the NHS phone app which is tied to your medical records. There are two options to view or download COVID passes, one for Domestic use which is single one as mentioned above and has a rollingg window of one month on the app or one month from the date of download. The other one for Travel which has at present up to two codes, one for each of the first two vaccinations. It doesn't currently show information on subsequent third doses.
latest report
Note that you get the same if you use the NHS web login instead of the app.
snow report
@rob@rar, @anarchicsaltire, thank you. I obviously have to look again.
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire wrote:
@Hurtle, on the NHS phone app which is tied to your medical records. There are two options to view or download COVID passes, one for Domestic use which is single one as mentioned above and has a rollingg window of one month on the app or one month from the date of download. The other one for Travel which has at present up to two codes, one for each of the first two vaccinations. It doesn't currently show information on subsequent third doses.

It also has a “certificate of recovery” for those of us lucky enough to have had a positive PCR test - not sure what use it is if you’ve been vaccinated, but there you go…
latest report
andy from embsay wrote:
anarchicsaltire wrote:

It also has a “certificate of recovery” for those of us lucky enough to have had a positive PCR test - not sure what use it is if you’ve been vaccinated, but there you go…

It does not however, show a 'certificate of recovery' if you were clinically diagnosed in the first wave, then confirmed with an antibody test. I doubt that really matters but it does add to the picture of operating with incomplete records.
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
anarchicsaltire wrote:

I'm wondering if it could come in useful if you're traced as a contact of a +ve case. My understanding is you're likely to test +ve on PCR for quite some time, so the certificate may excuse you from a PCR for a period. (I've no evidence if I'm right or not, but note on gov.uk that you're advised not to take another PCR for 90 days unless you have "new symptoms.")
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy