Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stop over recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Usually stop in bezannes near Rheims but need some where further south, probably somewhere between chalons and Dijon, one night 23rd dec coming back home from Tignes. 4 of us and the dog, needs to be secure parking as a lot of kit in car and on roof.... any suggestions, ideally a restaurant on site but not a dealbreaker if not..... cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.le-val-moret.com/en/val-moret.html was perfect for the 4 of us plus dog. Great restaurant too and pool for kids. Some other recommendations in here too:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156086
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is s sticky in the Organising Trips forum https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28639
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
L'Hermitage de Corton https://www.ermitagecorton.com/en/
We stay there on the way out. We put our turkey in their freezer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@noggy, is that a euphemism? Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ibis Budget in Dole might be worth considering.
Close to the autoroute,
decent parking - fenced, I suspect lit, but not not gated,
Buffalo Grill on site,
"Le Tour de Pize" nearby with pizzas, sandwiches and a simple menu. French fast food that I'd go back to.
The only downside for you is that I suspect they don't have 4 person rooms.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://all.accor.com/hotel/1363/index.en.shtml

We've stayed in Beaune a few times. Quite a number of hotels to choose from. Lovely old town centre. I've stayed at the Ibis Centre 2 or 3 times.
I stayed here on my way out to do my Season in Tignes. Hence the van was loaded to the hilt. There is (or was) a secure carpark at the rear but when I arrived there was a parking space right outside the front door so I parked there. Recent reviews suggest it was undergoing a refurb. Might be worth checking that it's been completed.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When does genuine enthusiasm become over recommendation? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@admin, ??????
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GeorgeVII, not you - see the thread title Wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@admin, eats shoots and leaves.......... gotcha Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have used the Holiday Inn Express at Saint-Apollinaire, just outside Dijon. Gated car park and dog friendly. Just outside is a Burger King, Courtepaille or La Criee fish restaurant.

There is a LeClerc for cheap petrol just down the road.with a few other fast food drive-throughs (McD, KFC) and restaurants.

Also in Saint-Apollinaire on the other side of the main road is an Ibis Budget. Also gated and dog friendly.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@noggy, bizarrely ive actually stayed in that one but didn't consider it again, will have another look

@BobinCH, too far north, need something closer to alps.... between chalons and dijon ideally
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ajc2260626, ah the problems of two Chalons (one in Burgundy and one in Champagne), strikes again. You're going North not south? Plenty in Beaune, town centre ones are nicer and most have courtyards with parking. All have been dog-friendly. There's a nice Logis on the edge of Nuits-St-Georges too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hells Bells, yes going north, was going to break the journey up and can’t reach my preferable one in bezannes comfortably I don’t think
ski holidays
@ajc2260626,
Highly recommend Novotel in Beaune - right by the motorway (although not noisy), clean, easy, dog friendly and you could all het into one room.
I just checked and you could get a room for 4 of you for around €95 on the 23rd.
ski holidays
Also forgot to mention secure parking!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy