Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has pulled the trigger on their season passes?

Poster: A snowHead
Verbier annual pass is good value for local residents, 600chf including a booklet with various free days in other resorts (chamonix etc), and all the summer mountain biking.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[quote="Mother hucker"]
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Shocked well I guess value is always in the eye of the beholder. If you have the disposable income and are going to get enough days maybe it works out for you.

You can ski now on the lift pass, also in the summer on the glacier. The lifts will still be spinning the 1st week of May. The weather patterns generally bring a high yield of snow.
compare that to other resorts that are cheaper but less reliable snow. it kinda seems value

Again depends what you want. If you are limited in how much you can get away during winter I guess it's a nice option for extra skiing. Personally by may I'm more than over snowboarding and looking forward to summer activities. Similarly summer glacier skiing has no appeal, it's limited in comparison to winter and there are better things to do imo.

I'm a cheapskate though, I can do 3 months in BC for less than £3k for everything (flights, lift pass, accomodation, food etc.) so that's my baseline value. I'm time rich and money poor so while an extra £1k might not be a big deal to someone working full time, that's flights and a month hiking in Nepal for me. This winter I'll be skiing 3 weeks for a grand total of £500 (flights, food, accomodation) granted it's all touring though out of a back country lodge so no lift pass needed.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet wrote:

Oh no, didn't you hear? It was because of corona.

When you've paid, do you have to get an actual lift pass, or is the 5g chip in the vaccine re-programmed to do it instead? Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boarder2020 wrote:
I can do 3 months in BC for less than £3k for everything (flights, lift pass, accomodation, food etc.)

1k per month really? that's some good going.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mother hucker wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:
I can do 3 months in BC for less than £3k for everything (flights, lift pass, accomodation, food etc.)

Yeah Canada is a lot cheaper than Europe (or perhaps I just don't know where to look for EU), plus I'm willing to slum it a bit.

2019/2020 season budget:

£335 per month accom
£575 lift pass
£460 flights
£50 transfers
Around £5 per day food (supermarket bought and self cooked).

Even with a extras (meals out, odd beer, wax, snowboard socks etc.) comfortably under £3k for 3 months. Also managed to volunteer at a couple of freeride comps when conditions weren't great anyway for free lift passes which I sold for some extra money.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bought our passes for La Rosiere/San Bernardo for Christmas week. Only a 5% discount, and that appears to be the usual on line discount anyway so no 'early bird' deal. 1,004 Euros for 4 adults all in. Still, got the passes in hand and also bought all the cancellation insurance etc., so one more thing ticked off of the list
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boarder2020 wrote:
Mother hucker wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:

Yeah Canada is a lot cheaper than Europe (or perhaps I just don't know where to look for EU), plus I'm willing to slum it a bit.

2019/2020 season budget:

£335 per month accom
£575 lift pass
£460 flights
£50 transfers
Around £5 per day food (supermarket bought and self cooked).

Even with a extras (meals out, odd beer, wax, snowboard socks etc.) comfortably under £3k for 3 months. Also managed to volunteer at a couple of freeride comps when conditions weren't great anyway for free lift passes which I sold for some extra money.

fair play to that. what kinda accom for 335 a month? how far from whistler is it?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

fair play to that. what kinda accom for 335 a month? how far from whistler is it?

About 650km snowHead It was in golden on the other side of BC between revelstoke and Banff. Good luck trying to get anything cheap in or around Whistler! That was staying in a hostel. I go on and on about it because it's just ridiculous value, but if you want to do a season in BC the fernie pub has private rooms with shared bathrooms and kitchen area, 6 month rental is £2304. Add a lift pass, bus pass, and flights and you are looking at around £3.5k for 6 months in Canada with just food to pay for on top.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Epic pass for the 6th time. Going to Whislter on the 28th November for 15 days and the same again at the end of February.

Staying in a good hotel for the first one and my Daughter is couch surfing for 2 weeks so we can stay at her apartment for the second visit.

Contemplating feigning covid during the first stay so I can stay until After Christmas Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just took the plunge with season passes for Tignes/Val, came through at £746 a pop inc. discounts. Talk of discounts being much reduced next year.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have to decide tomorrow. With this indecision of the English goverment about adding the booster jabs to the NHS app it could be a gamble. I could buy it then not be allowed to go as I am over 65.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thinking about the £750 for our three, week passes for the end of January…We booked with peak retreats for this year but carried booking over. They sell the pass but not with the additional insurance, I assume you can’t add it when you get there?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnE wrote:
I have to decide tomorrow. With this indecision of the English goverment about adding the booster jabs to the NHS app it could be a gamble. I could buy it then not be allowed to go as I am over 65.

Is it not a 'full refund if unused' deal John?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tirol Snow Card duly purchased and already used for seven great days' glacier skiing last week Very Happy

- €876 for 90 resorts across the Tirol, including some big areas like Ischgl, Kitzbuhel and Zillertal.
- Five glaciers included, with card valid until mid May.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Epic Pass for me again, but ditched Colorado for Whistler for our second trip as my Daughter is giving us her apartment for the 2 weeks while she couch surfs with Friends in Whistler, so the March holiday is costing a grand total of £380 each ( flights and transfers)

Going the Whistler at the end of November for 15 nights also, so will end up getting about 25 days on the slopes for the $630 Epic Season pass.
snow report
@mountainaddict, where were you?? Hintertux?
snow conditions
St Lary Soulan where we have accommodation booked are keeping the early purchase price for season passes until the day before the lifts open - so we are holding off buying until the latest time to get that price.
ski holidays
Quote:
mountainaddict, where were you?? Hintertux?
See report and pics under Resort Reviews & Trip Reports ('Austrian Glaciers Road Trip - Nov 2021') Very Happy
ski holidays
OK at 22:50 last night I bought my wife and me two season passes for Paradiski at a cost of 800€ each. Now I hope we can manage to get there this year.
latest report
Ditto - pressed the button on our family passes for Paradiski last night..
latest report
Used our magic passes for the first time today. Price has actually gone down over the last 20 years !! Cost 399 for the season for multiple resorts and this year included Glacier 3000 at no extra cost. Bargain basement Swiss prices !
ski holidays
Dougy Giro wrote:
Epic Pass for me again, but ditched Colorado for Whistler for our second trip as my Daughter is giving us her apartment for the 2 weeks while she couch surfs with Friends in Whistler, so the March holiday is costing a grand total of £380 each ( flights and transfers)

Going the Whistler at the end of November for 15 nights also, so will end up getting about 25 days on the slopes for the $630 Epic Season pass.

That's great value for 25 days skiing in Whistler! Very Happy
snow report
We are planning on buying a 3Vs season pass (and popping to and fro over the course of the season - hoping to make 5 trips) but are wondering if there would be any prospect of a refund if the UK government stopped us from travelling to France (and the 3Vs stays open for skiing); or if the French government bans Brits from entering France. Puzzled
snow conditions
I'm glad I bought my Les Arcs pass last night. The https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski website is down tonight, the last hours of the discounts.
snow conditions
@Bergmeister, I am in a similar position with three trips to Les Menuires covering about 12 weeks. I will purchase the season pass in resort on 11 December and hope for the best.
ski holidays
@Bergmeister, I am in a similar position with three trips to Les Menuires covering about 12 weeks. I will purchase the season pass in resort on 11 December and hope for the best.
latest report
Quote:

I'm glad I bought my Les Arcs pass last night. The https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.ski website is down tonight, the last hours of the discounts.

tried reloading the site today just to see what happens and they have extended the deadline for buying discounted passes to November 17th. The discount is 10% on period passes and 20% on season passes.
ski holidays
I bought my Salzburg SuperSkiCard back on 8th October and then was under the weather for 2-3 weeks. However I have had 4 ski days now. Price was €795 which I thought was expensive - until I saw the prices reported for French resorts here.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I just bought the Salzburg card (€795). If you use it less than 15 days you get €50 refund for every day that you didn't use so I'm only slightly exposed to things not happening as hoped for.
ski holidays
@espri, sorry if I caused confusion when I rounded up my Paradiski pass from 736€ pass to 800€. It's the way I think - always rounding prices up. It is expensive, however
snow conditions
johnE wrote:
@espri, sorry if I caused confusion when I rounded up my Paradiski pass from 736€ pass to 800€. It's the way I think - always rounding prices up. It is expensive, however

Expensive?! €736! Are you being serious?

Isn't €736 less than the cost of 3 one week passes for Paradiski? Puzzled

That's just over half the price of a 3 Valleys season pass, which makes it an absolute snip!

Although the 3Vs pass is extortionate it still represents good value for money IMO - despite it being what must be the world's most expensive season pass.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
I’ve just pulled the trigger on 2 3V season passes for me and Mr P. He’s heading over in 10 days for a week, mostly doing DIY on the house, but hopes to get in a few days’ skiing, so it was time to take the plunge. He’s just had his booster jab, mine is booked for 4th Dec. Fingers crossed we will get out there on Boxing Day and stay till 1st Feb. I’m not so keen on flitting back and forth, but then hoping to head back later in March.
Hope I don’t regret it!
ski holidays
Not a chance with Austria lockdown. I've gone from planning 7 weeks to hoping for 2
snow report
@johnE, it wasn't you who shocked me but Muppet and Weathercam who quoted prices over €900. That seemed expensive.
ski holidays
Purchased season passes last weekend for ski amade, Austria. Skied 2 days, was limited skiing but hey that could be my season. No quibble refund until mid Jan minus days used so not much risk to get early bird discounts locked in. 605 eur adult, 159 per kid, though I've 3 of them, the only volume discount I've come across , is third kid pass free, so gives average kids pass ( up to 16) of 106 eur. Not sure that's a recommendation for 3 kids! However a bit tricky for the teenager due to uk 1 jab vs Austria 2 jab requirement.
latest report
@holidayloverxx, ski amade season is about price for 12 days, plus early discount and refund before mid Jan if required.
snow conditions
espri wrote:
@johnE, it wasn't you who shocked me but Muppet and Weathercam who quoted prices over €900. That seemed expensive.

Mrs B and I pulled the trigger on our 3 Valleys season passes in Vsl Thorens today. A bargain at €1364 each rolling eyes

Here's hoping we get our money's worth this season. It's €350 for a 7 day pass this season, so as long as we can get this week on snow in Val Thorens, plus our December week and 2 weeks in January we will be breaking even. Anything after that would be a bonus....

For the first year in 3 we won't be using our 6 free days in the USA (Colorado) that come with 3V season passes, as

a) We aren't sure how the ongoing pandemic will affect a long haul trip; and b) we aren't desperate to wear masks for 11 hours on a flight.
snow report
@waynos, where you seeing €605 ? Or is that including your 'voucher' from 19/20 ?
snow report
@Bergmeister, same. If the lifts are still turning on Jan 18th we break even - Jan 19th we're in profit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
snow conditions
I pulled the trigger on my season pass for the Grandvalira on Thursday. €375 split 40% upfront, 30% at the beginning of Jan, 30% at the beginning of Feb. Insurance for the season €59. Good deal I think.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy