Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has pulled the trigger on their season passes?

Poster: A snowHead
Just done mine and the OH's as had to get them in by the end of the month to secure the 30% discount, and didn't want to leave it right till the end of the week in case the site has a glitch and the computer says "No"

We also get some other benefits, such as 25% off La Grave, and 3 days in ADH, LDA & PSV

www.skipass-serrechevalier.com

Cost €1,394 (734 & 660) and can pay over 4 instalments, and when you consider a six-day pass is €277, not too bad.

Also via the nordicalpesdusud.com website bought XC pass covering all the XC areas with pre-season discount at €109 in the Alpes du Sud and that's a lot of areas & trails!!!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, did so a couple of days ago. Now hoping for good early season snow so that December's skiing is something to remember, for the right reasons Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rob@rar, what sort of pricing do you pay up there etc?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
May 2020 for ours! PdS flash sale that they carried over to this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My season pass for Ste Foy purchased a couple or so weeks ago as it seemed like a good idea.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam wrote:
@rob@rar, what sort of pricing do you pay up there etc?
With the discount (to be bought before 15 Nov), a Les Arcs-only pass is €800, and Les Arcs & La Plagne is €920. Some fringe benefits to the bigger pass, and interest free purchase over three payments if you wish.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Did ours on Sunday 3V.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
October 8th ...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ste Foy passes purchased for about €400 each last month
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rjj501, @under a new name, pricing, as I'm sort of interested in how resorts stack up etc, obviosulsy all resorts are unique, the size of the 3V domain encompassing all the resorts to Chamonix and all the areas/lifts etc
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haven't made up my mind, need to decide this week, will be €384 if I do get it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Waiting till early December. We have till then for the tiny discount
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rjj501,

Is there an early bird discount for 3V too? We need to sort ours.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
whistler season pass , -20% , great deal , and a la Nina year should hopefully make it a good investment snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
July 2020 for my Grandvalira pass, carried it over to this season, fingers crossed I'm going to get my monies worth.
Already 'saved' 60 Euro's on ski lessons...
snow conditions
@Weathercam, already bought the Mont Blanc unlimited pass. Deadline was a couple of weeks ago. 760€ for annual pass which includes all the Chamonix valley (including Aiguille du Midi), Les Houches, St Gervais, Les Contamines, Megeve, Combloux and la Giettaz. Also includes a free coffee at one of their crap restaurants if you spend 40€ on a miserable meal.

+3 free days at a number of other resorts, including Avoriaz, la Clusaz and others

And 6 free days in Verbier.

All in all not too shabby.
latest report
Got ours for Grand Massif in September. 520 euros each inc insurance. I guess they want the money in earlier as this year as offering reduced discount each month up until the end of November, I think.
50% discount for pre end of Sept purchase. All season passes come with refund guarantee based on how much Covid may or may not get in the way.
snow conditions
Seasons passes for the family, ski school and some private lessons booked…..espace diamanté. Nervous to say the least.
ski holidays
Same pass as @HammondR and @under a new name, though bought on Oct 11th. Still club privée, but last minute. I dithered a lot due to work commitments.
snow report
Seasons passes for the family, ski school and some private lessons booked…..espace diamanté. Nervous to say the least.
snow conditions
Back in August for Whitefish (local).

Booked airlines and hotels for Austria back in June
Have not bought tickets yet. Are there price changes as we get closer for a week of tickets? I was going to wait a while on those.
ski holidays
Same as @fixx, @HammondR, @under a new name, bought ours for the whole family in the initial super club privee sale.

2 free day passes per annual pass sweetened the pill a bit.
snow report
@HammondR, interested in finding out more about the Mont Blanc Unlimited. We haven't gone for a season pass in Evasion Mont Blanc this year having been slightly burnt in 2020 (we had planned a long March visit, but having used it only got a relatively small rebate) but it sounds as if your offer is not much more than we would have had to pay this year and covers quite a lot more.

If it covers the Tramway up to Les Houches from St Gervais then we would quickly get the extra value, and obviously be tempted over to Chamonix bases or even Verbier. I assume that price is for previous customers, but presumably we could get into the system for 2022-23.
latest report
The cut off date for the discounted Val d’Isere/Tignes pass is 26 Nov.
It’s €1074 each and we’ve still a credit for part of the lost season in 2020 of around € 245 each.

It’s in the diary to look at it again on 17 Nov.
I’m concerned about the comments from the French government today about a 3rd booster vaccine being possibly needed for the pass sanitaire for those eligible, and if that will line up with the booster program in the UK.
snow report
Back in July for Nakiska. Got two cheap days at BC RCR resorts and will be getting a Lake Louise plus card
snow report
Got mine last month - it's gone up a ton locally. Whitewater = 660 euros / year. Lots of snow, terrain and backcountry but it works out at 220 euros a lift Sad Does anyone ski anywhere more expensive than that?
ski holidays
@motdoc,
Shocked
Can't remember exactly what my epic pass cost, but probably not far off that. Does cover quite a bit more though snowHead
Why is Whitewater so expensive? I briefly considered getting a Red Mountain one as I possibly have a trip out there this season, and don't recall it was all that expensive.
snow conditions
@muppet,
Where did you hear about it? What was said exactly? Just tried to google and couldn’t find. my husband is 6 months post his 2nd vaccine
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
About to hit the button today as we should be there for long enough to make it worth while.
ski holidays
motdoc wrote:
Got mine last month - it's gone up a ton locally. Whitewater = 660 euros / year. Lots of snow, terrain and backcountry but it works out at 220 euros a lift Sad Does anyone ski anywhere more expensive than that?

Probably the price you pay for having an independent ski hill which isn't a mainstream tourist destination. I bet plenty of people would kill for that amount of snow on a pass that still breaks even in 12ish days.
ski holidays
Got mine and the kids for grand massiff in Sept - same as ian999
snow report
motdoc wrote:
...Does anyone ski anywhere more expensive than that?...

La Grave €915 for 2 lifts*

* you could say 3 if you want to be pedantic Laughing
snow report
@L0ve2ski, https://www.thelocal.fr/20211027/health-pass-warning-as-covid-19-cases-rise-again-in-france/
snow conditions
Yep. And without fear as Val d'Isere have been very good last two seasons, firstly refunding a pro-rata amount for 19-20, and full refund for 20-21, both without prompting.
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:
Yep. And without fear as Val d'Isere have been very good last two seasons, firstly refunding a pro-rata amount for 19-20, and full refund for 20-21, both without prompting.
I was impressed with Les Arcs in 2019-20. They emailed me with details on how to claim a pro-rata refund on my season pass fairly promptly after it became clear the lifts would not re-open after the March closure. I had no expectation of a refund as I considered I’d already got my money’s worth and probably wouldn’t have made a big effort to get any money back. But they were proactive in the refund process, which was very straightforward with a simple online claim. Gives me confidence to buy this winter’s season pass relatively early.
latest report
My finger has been hovering over the buy button for Les Contamines ski passes. Euro 505 and the breakeven is two 7 day trips! ANd you get cash to pay for a free day pass for friends and 3 day passes that can be used in most Haute Savoie resorts. Normally the deadline is November but this year they say they will hold it until the lifts open for the first time - so always a risk of early opening.
In the past I have bought EMB at times but concluded that we really don't ski over in StG/Megeve enough to make it worthwhile (that could be a bad bet if we were to get a week of bad vis and heavy snow).

The main reason I haven't bought yet is just covid risk. I expect we will get a full season but probably sensible to see what happens to UK case rates before I drop 2000 on season passes...
snow report
sibhusky wrote:
Are there price changes as we get closer for a week of tickets? I was going to wait a while on those.

In most cases, no. The early bird discounts apply to season tickets. There are a small number of resorts that have a dynamic pricing model, where buying in advance may be cheaper.
ski holidays
@j b,

We were like you and had our fingers burned a bit, with only a nominal refund on our 3Vs season pass when they closed in March 2020.

The problem was that they looked at our usage to date (4 weeks) but had no way of knowing that we had another 3 weeks skiing booked - with a likely 4th week on the cards. It was arguably a fair way of doing it but if didn't work out well for us. rolling eyes
latest report
Weathercam wrote:
motdoc wrote:
...Does anyone ski anywhere more expensive than that?...

La Grave €915 for 2 lifts*

* you could say 3 if you want to be pedantic Laughing

I'm genuinely staggered by that price! Shocked Shocked
snow report
j b wrote:
@HammondR, interested in finding out more about the Mont Blanc Unlimited. We haven't gone for a season pass in Evasion Mont Blanc this year having been slightly burnt in 2020 (we had planned a long March visit, but having used it only got a relatively small rebate) but it sounds as if your offer is not much more than we would have had to pay this year and covers quite a lot more.

If it covers the Tramway up to Les Houches from St Gervais then we would quickly get the extra value, and obviously be tempted over to Chamonix bases or even Verbier. I assume that price is for previous customers, but presumably we could get into the system for 2022-23.

Forgot to mention that it also includes the winter in Courmayeur (including the Skyway) and cheap tickets for the MB tunnel and cheap tickets for the Chamonix/Courmayeur bus. And the Montenvers train as well as (yes) the tramway from St Gervais. Gosh it is good value! We even used it to blag half price day tickets at Champex...

The prices are for existing customers, so you have to suffer a year at about 950€ for the season. Annual is dearer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy