Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
alti - dude wrote:
Anybody have an experience of a 15 year old who has had, and recovered from, covid being able to use anything to demonstrate immunity and therefore not need a daily test? A recovery is equivalent to the vaccine for using lifts but not sure how it is evidenced.

Ok just going through all the French paperwork guff and spotted this on the https://passager.serveureos.org/forms/ - which you are asked to complete on https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

**** START OF FORM SNIPPET ******

Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19 ?

Instructions :
7 days after second dose (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca): select YES
7 days after first dose and you previously had COVID-19 (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca): select YES
28 days after single-dose (Johnson & Johnson): select YES
For every other situation (other vaccine, didn't have your second dose, not enough time since your last dose, etc): select NO
Informations about border health checks and about recognized vaccine pattern can be found on https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements

**** END OF FORM SNIPPET *****

See the bold above - so I take this as meaning - if your child has has a single dose and also had covid (e.g. as can be evidenced by a past PCR test), then they are classed as fully vaccinated.

So why would i be wrong?
Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For those going to Tignes with a 12 - 15yr old. Just having a conversation with the pharmacist at Le Lac. She will accept NHS record of two vaccinations, not one and proof of covid to issue a pass sanitaire. So I'm going to have to use the pharmacy in Val d'Isere for my son.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Checked the 'Tac Verif' app this morning and my 16 year old son who got his second vaccine last Sunday has now got the magic green tick. We are in Scotland and have a qr code on his vaccination certificate. Just wanted to check if it was 7 days or the day after before accepted.

One down one to go - hopefully other son gets his vaccine on Tuesday at a drop in.

I will remove the 'Tac Verif' app before travelling- if we make it !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@haveagoskiers, unfortunately your not out the woods yet, you’re soon going to be the problem as the booster doesn’t show on the Scottish app
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That only applies after the 15th of jan
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If it's only the third vaccination that gives protection against Omicron how long can it be before countries stipulate that as the entry requirement? I suspect it must be imminent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
esaw1 wrote:
If it's only the third vaccination that gives protection against Omicron how long can it be before countries stipulate that as the entry requirement? I suspect it must be imminent.

I think France has, WEF 15th January but thankfully getting thread back on track it’s only for over 18’s
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny996 wrote:
@haveagoskiers, unfortunately your not out the woods yet, you’re soon going to be the problem as the booster doesn’t show on the Scottish app

I've got my booster to show on my covid status app now - you need to uninstall the app and reinstall and booster shows. My paper/download certificate still only has the 2 but that's meant to be updated next week.

Hard to keep up. Spent ages last night trying to work out where to get pcr tests in time for going as nowhere local does (we're flying via Geneva) but think doing via a Randox drop box on Sunday.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good stuff, we’re going Boxing Day via Geneva & I’m thinking in a clinic late 23rd.
Does the 48/72 hour clock start ticking from when you took it or when you get your results?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonny996, when you took it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny996 wrote:

Can’t thank you enough for the information you posted - just had my 12 yr old second jabbed at ingliston. They were a bit unhappy he was 2 days early but allowed it with a bit persuasion. What a relief.
Also booster should show if you refresh the nhs Scotland app or reinstall.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Rookiescot, that’s what I like about snowheads, posters actually try and help each other rather than undermine each other like I have seen on many other forums
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonny996 wrote:
@Rookiescot, that’s what I like about snowheads, posters actually try and help each other rather than undermine each other like I have seen on many other forums

Exactly - this forum as been so helpful both for when we purchased and getting through these hard times.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So we’re trying to go to La Plagne and are booked for the 2nd January . Two 12 -15 year olds. We were supposed to drive down over a couple of days and enjoy the trip but the new 24 hour testing rule has scuppered that.
Anyone know how long the passes last after a test? I know you need one every 24 hours but say I get a test at 11am on the 31st will the pass just stop working at 11.01am on the 1st?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Rookiescot, great news!
snow conditions
This thread has been so helpful and not disrespectful like some FB pages have been, but decided it was too much stress and anxiety for taking 3 teenagers away for New Year. Such a shame but we have cancelled. I still feel our teens have been unfairly treated right through. Dont blame the resorts for their testing rules but blame the process at this end totally. Gutted doesnt come close but hopefully we can grab a late season long weekend if all calms down. Conditions look amazing so anyone who can make it will have a blast! I feel like a weight has been lifted and holiday planning shouldnt be like that. Good luck guys
snow conditions
shardoski wrote:
This thread has been so helpful and not disrespectful like some FB pages have been, but decided it was too much stress and anxiety for taking 3 teenagers away for New Year. Such a shame but we have cancelled. I still feel our teens have been unfairly treated right through. Dont blame the resorts for their testing rules but blame the process at this end totally. Gutted doesnt come close but hopefully we can grab a late season long weekend if all calms down. Conditions look amazing so anyone who can make it will have a blast! I feel like a weight has been lifted and holiday planning shouldnt be like that. Good luck guys

I’m really sorry to hear this but understand - it’s been stressful. Hoping Feb half term or Easter might be a bit easier. Good luck.
ski holidays
NHS Lothian has a new clinic at Ocean terminal in Edinburgh & the wait window is reduced to 8 weeks for teens.
It’s a walk in clinic.
Hopefully let’s some of you avoid the daily testing
ski holidays
Did anyone else notice that the NHS app is now open to 13 years and over, including access to a vaccine record QR code? Our 14 year old got her second jab yesterday and applied to get the NHS app last night. She did the ID check and is waiting for confirmation.

Also, the website says that 12 years old will get an automatic letter with QR code in the event of double jabbing. My youngest is getting hers on Thursday so will report back!
snow conditions
Hi I am in Kent as well. Were they able to get the jab earlier than 12 weeks? Thanks
latest report
I am immunosuppressed, so my girls can get 2nd jabs after 8 weeks.
snow report
shardoski wrote:
I feel like a weight has been lifted and holiday planning shouldnt be like that. Good luck guys

Definitely been the most stressful holiday run-up I've ever experienced... but I'm invested now; 6 days to go, so now it's just a case of getting all the stuff together, making it over there and enjoying it as much as possible without things hanging over our heads.

I can fully get behind people cancelling though; there's an element of the farcical about it all, with arbitrary numbers picked for children's travel freedom... those who can travel freely, and those who are a days older having to jump through a gazzilion hoops. Let's hope this is the very last time any of us have to go down this route.
snow conditions
The_Gate wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the NHS app is now open to 13 years and over, including access to a vaccine record QR code? Our 14 year old got her second jab yesterday and applied to get the NHS app last night. She did the ID check and is waiting for confirmation.

Also, the website says that 12 years old will get an automatic letter with QR code in the event of double jabbing. My youngest is getting hers on Thursday so will report back!

I think it's been like that for a little while, but I still didn't think it would give the QR code. I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with it, so please keep us updated!

The last I heard about the letter was that you had to request it, with the service due to be available from 9am this morning apparently.

Good luck!
ski holidays
Been really emotional. Positive one day and down again the next. La Plagne have opened a test centre - yeah! However, UK mobiles don't work on the website. Looks like they don't have any appointments on 27th onwards, hoping that is because they haven't released not that they have all gone!
This morning I have already emailed, the booking website, la plagne tourist office and our tour operator. Plus sent email to Gp begging to give permission for my daughter to get the vaccine at 8 weeks.
I was feeling hopeful yesterday when UK is focused on vaccinations, not lockdown and la plagne test centre was drop in. We had been discussing how to structure our day to hit the test centre at off peak times.
Let's see what today brings!
snow conditions
Please - leave your GPs alone! As frustrating as the process is (I'm in the same position), unless your GP is personally going to vaccinate your child, or is medically in charge of the vaccine site, then they don't have the power to change anything, and even if all the above criteria are met, they still probably can't do anything. They are quite busy right now, and the last thing they need is parents desperate for a ski holiday submitting letters that need read, logged, and responded to.

Write to your MP, the JCVI, Boris or Sajid Javid....
ski holidays
My daughter is 14, double jabbed and has the NHS app but no QR code. I’m holding out for the letter. We’re due to fly on Saturday so cutting it fine. However, hotels and tourist office in our Austrian resort have told me my kids will be fine without a QR code as long as they have other proof of being jabbed.
latest report
Already tried the MP, was desperate this morning so tried everything. I won't chase it but know I have tried. It's really hard when you are doing everything you can but the situation is out of your control so you feel a bit helpless. If we pull out we loose all our money so having to try and do as much as we can to make is possible.
snow report
For those who have double-jabbed under 16's, it looks like the Covid Pass letter service now seems to let you apply at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

The intro still says you need to be 16, but it just let me go through a request for an under 16 (which I'm 99% sure got immediately refused when I tried it a week or two ago).

I don't think it's going to help with proof of recovery though (which is what I was hoping for), just fully vaccinated.

Hopefully it helps some people though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/
I've just applied for my double jabbed 15 year old and it appears to have gone through...7 working days thou! Still dont know if this will have a qr code which will be compatible with french health pass sanitaire
ski holidays
Managed to get 2nd vaccinations for my boys yesterday. Does anyone have any experience of how long it took for the vaccine to appear on the linked GP profile?
ski holidays
For those with teenagers travelling to Austria I asked my local tourist board about the situation regarding testing for unvaccinated teenagers, this is their reply
Quote:

Hello Chris,
Yes this information is correct. Kids from 12 – 15 can travel with their parents and a negative PCR test valid for 72 hours.
When you arrive in resort your children can continue to be PCR tested every few days. These tests will be available in your accommodation free of charge and you must drop them off at the Spar shops in the valley.

Each Austrian state has a different ruling. This is the correct one for Tirol and probably not described on the national website as other states have different measures.
latest report
[quote="ma94jcg"]Managed to get 2nd vaccinations for my boys yesterday. Does anyone have any experience of how long it took for the vaccine to appear on the linked GP profile?[/quot

It took 1 day for my daughters to show up. Hope you get ot in time!
snow conditions
Anyone in England thinks there's a chance of getting a teenager (under 16) their second dose before the 12 week gap? I had hoped it might be flexible but doesn't look like it.
ski holidays
GillB wrote:
ma94jcg wrote:
Managed to get 2nd vaccinations for my boys yesterday. Does anyone have any experience of how long it took for the vaccine to appear on the linked GP profile?

It took 1 day for my daughters to show up. Hope you get ot in time!

Sorry to ask what has been asked a million times elsewhere, but did your daughter's vaccine appear on the linked GP profile when she's still under 16, and in England? Does it show a QR code, or just a text entry in her records?
snow report
@shrew, under “acute (short term) medicines” it says “ COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 30micrograms/0.3ml dose concentrate for suspension for injection multidose vials (Pfizer Ltd)
1 dose by Intramuscular Injection
1 dose”
This is for 15 and 13 year olds
snow report
No qr code. Need to go through the covid pass website mentioned above
snow conditions
Thanks.
ski holidays
@Rookiescot - If you dont mind me asking, was your 12 yr old just a regular drop-in for 2nd doseor eligible for another reason? I have a 12, 14 and 16 yr old all ready for 2nd dose but not currently offered in my health board area. Ingliston isnt the end of the world though

Rookiescot wrote:
Jonny996 wrote:

Can’t thank you enough for the information you posted - just had my 12 yr old second jabbed at ingliston. They were a bit unhappy he was 2 days early but allowed it with a bit persuasion. What a relief.
Also booster should show if you refresh the nhs Scotland app or reinstall.
ski holidays
Can anyone recommend a convenient (to the A26) pharmacy between Calais and Troyes, preferably nearer the Calais end, for testing a 15yo between arriving by car in France and getting to an overnight hotel/guesthouse, which I assume will demand his Pass Sanitaire?

We have managed to book daily tests in Val Thorens and are taking NHS tests as a backup in case they run out of tests - whether French health officials would accept the witnessing of NHS tests I don't know, but worth a try
snow report
Think there’s one in the Leclerc Champfleury Reims- good place to fill up as well
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy