Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
@stefoy4me, blimey, they seem very accommodating compared to mine!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
trmacc wrote:
Though you have to have been single jabbed AND recovered from Covid in order to qualify for it.

Yeah, the latter is the key for us. And to think all this time we've been trying not to get Covid.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@stefoy4me - that sounds great! Our GP isn't a vaccine clinic. I'm going to drag my daughter out to the walk in clinic next week and beg. Are you able to prove the vaccine status?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stefoy4me wrote:
told them we were going to France at NY and needed to meet local rules of being double jabbed, and just booked in

They wouldn’t even help with getting her booked into a jab when I was trying due her ASD fear of being jabbed, meaning she was petrified of having done in school.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've just emailed the Montgenevre tourist board the above link enquiring if they will be offering a similar service.

Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Soozm - that's the next hurdle but will be getting a letter so hoping that will suffice
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stefoy4me, this article suggest that they are trying to get the letters out before Christmas. Though my son's second jab isn't until January!

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1532471/Covid-travel-pass-NHS-letter-12-15-year-old-children-vaccinated-family-holidays-news
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tahnsk Timmycb5.......fingers crossed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m praying they’ll shorten the gap from 12 weeks to 8 allowing us to squeeze in (it’s 8 weeks next week for my daughter). Hope is fading fast as they don’t seem to have the capacity of the first vaccine push.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmycb5 wrote:
I've just emailed the Montgenevre tourist board the above link enquiring if they will be offering a similar service.

Fingers crossed.

Well Montgenevre tourist board have got back.

They haven’t even got facilities to do daily testing organised yet, let alone issuing equivalence certificates Shocked

They seem to be banking on UKGOV issuing covid passes for 12-15 in time. Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Took my 14-yr old to a non-local walk-in mass vaccination centre tonight, and was given a very polite but clear "no" at 9 weeks.

The reception staff each had a list of dates vs categories, and if you hadn't had your first jab on or before the exact date, there was no scope for flexibility. They told me they'd already flexed the dates to the beginning each respective week, so couldn't move it any more. Cutoff for today was 12-15yr olds vaccinated on or before 15th Sept.

Worth being aware that being booked into a site counts for nothing without clinical permission - i.e. unless your GP is booking you into a site that they actually administer, or they provide a letter identifying a clinical need for vaccination outside the guidelines, then you are likely to be refused at the door.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sad. I had hoped to try the Croydon one over Christmas. Youngest his 8 weeks this Sunday, need to check but think eldest was done 10 weeks ago…
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowdave - bad news but thank you for posting… just as I feared/ expected. Well done for trying. So annoying- why are we so behind with this?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timmycb5 wrote:
@stefoy4me, blimey, they seem very accommodating compared to mine!

And mine, wouldn't even discuss vaccinations! Toid me to call 111.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
[quote="Timmycb5"]
Timmycb5 wrote:
They seem to be banking on UKGOV issuing covid passes for 12-15 in time. Confused

Ouch, that'd be proper unfair on kids who've yet to have the vaccination.
snow conditions
Soozm wrote:
@snowdave - bad news but thank you for posting… just as I feared/ expected. Well done for trying. So annoying- why are we so behind with this?

Because in deciding originally not to approve 12-15yr olds, the JCVI relied partly on an adverse reaction database that included such gems as "the vaccine turned me into the Incredible Hulk" and "the vaccine turned me into Wonder Woman". Sad but true!
latest report
Scotland's vaccine website has been updated suggesting 12-15 year olds can go to certain drop-in clinics and get their second vaccination without an appointment. However it can't be given until at least 12 weeks after their first vaccination.
Note that appointments cannot be made via the usual website vacs.nhs.scot, but as long as you get your teenager's log in details (I got mine at the vaccination centre) you can then obtain their vaccine certificate with QR codes for each of their first and second jabs - valid 7 days later for Pass Sanitaire Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Halitosis wrote:
Scotland's vaccine website has been updated suggesting 12-15 year olds can go to certain drop-in clinics and get their second vaccination without an appointment. However it can't be given until at least 12 weeks after their first vaccination.
Note that appointments cannot be made via the usual website vacs.nhs.scot, but as long as you get your teenager's log in details (I got mine at the vaccination centre) you can then obtain their vaccine certificate with QR codes for each of their first and second jabs - valid 7 days later for Pass Sanitaire Madeye-Smiley

Hi Halitosis - a chink of hope with your message. My son would be 12 weeks next week after first vaccine. I'm still seeing the NHS Inform Scotland showing the message 'More information about second doses for children and young people aged 12 to 15 years will be available soon.' can you share the website bit that says they could go to a dropin clinic. We have his login details. So much changing - we're still not sure whether to postpone or if the 2nd dose works out we would go for it. Thanks Jennifer

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 8-12-21 0:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
My son (14) got his second dose this evening, 8 weeks after his 1st as he is considered at risk. Then was told no physical exercise for a week, nothing strenuous for a week, no school tomorrow and he is to rest. Then a list of various reactions to look out for. So they are being very very cautious.
snow report
Sounding very cautious - first I've heard like that, your son was probably one of the first second dose of that age group here. Hopefully he enjoys resting up.
latest report
Has anyone found an at home testing kit eg Chronomics etc that works with the pass sanitare to upload the QR code? C19 testing specifically says on its website that it doesn’t work, are there any that do?
snow report
Given very worrying reports of people not being able To book daily tests and with us going at Feb half term, busiest point of the year, are there any administer at home test - eg with video link to somebody, which will be accepted for the French pass to allow access to ski school and lifts?
snow conditions
haveagoskiers wrote:
Halitosis wrote:

Hi Halitosis - a chink of hope with your message. My son would be 12 weeks next week after first vaccine. I'm still seeing the NHS Inform Scotland showing the message 'More information about second doses for children and young people aged 12 to 15 years will be available soon.' can you share the website bit that says they could go to a dropin clinic. We have his login details. So much changing - we're still not sure whether to postpone or if the 2nd dose works out we would go for it. Thanks Jennifer

@halitosis is 100% correct here, in Scotland you can take your 12-15 year old to one of the mass drop in centers WEF Monday 13th, the initial jabs were first available 20th September so 13th December is 12 weeks after.
latest report
@haveagoskiers, afraid I’m hopeless at inserting hyperlinks, but if you Google “Scotland covid drop in” then I followed the Lothian NHS result and it’s in the page that opens. If you’re in another part of Scotland then there were other regional nhs results (Lanarkshire etc) though I didn’t look at those. The Lothian page talks about only certain drop ins being able to take youngsters - Pyramids in Livingston is our nearest. Good luck
snow report
Thanks @Jonny996 and @Halitosis another postcode lottery - we're under NHS Tayside who are still saying 'Currently only those 12-15 year olds who are in an at-risk group are eligible for a second dose and this will be by appointment.' I can see NHS Lothian are doing the dropin clinics at various places. Wonder if they'd accept a Taysider visiting Lothian after school on Tuesday?

This seems worth it to avoid daily tests at Val Thorens, which at present I can't even book.

Thanks Jennifer
snow report
@haveagoskiers, defiantly worth a drive down, I use the big center at the highland show ground by Edinburgh airport. think its open until 20.00
snow report
In 'the England,' on gov.uk you can search for your nearest walk-in centres and the details for each state what vaccines they have available and what age groups they will accept. Some of the centres are small pop-up e.g. only next Thurs afternoon and evening. Definitely worth trying those, particularly turning up 30mins before they close. You will need to meet the JVCI criteria though(i.e. Age, gap from previous jab, prior infection etc).
snow conditions
haveagoskiers wrote:
Thanks @Jonny996 and @Halitosis another postcode lottery - we're under NHS Tayside who are still saying 'Currently only those 12-15 year olds who are in an at-risk group are eligible for a second dose and this will be by appointment.' I can see NHS Lothian are doing the dropin clinics at various places. Wonder if they'd accept a Taysider visiting Lothian after school on Tuesday?

This seems worth it to avoid daily tests at Val Thorens, which at present I can't even book.

Thanks Jennifer

We're Tayside and in exactly the same position - I'll give you a shout if I hear anything but I'm picking up on the 13th Dec possibly opening up to more folk? Our kids 12 weeks date is 14th Dec so that could work
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timmycb5 wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Fingers crossed.

Well Montgenevre tourist board have got back.

They haven’t even got facilities to do daily testing organised yet, let alone issuing equivalence certificates Shocked

Ha - what's French for "don't hold your breath!"

Its frustrating that each resort is sorting our testing differently - Morzine seem to have gone above and beyond, and Montgenevre (and others) doing diddly squat - Grrr.
Its good that they are trying to help in some places (but in others not at all..) - I suppose it depends on how aware and switched on the Mairie/Lift company are - I suppose equally frustrating for them as the UK children 1 dose/lack of proof issue is nothing to do with them and the 24 hour testing rule may have been French political knee jerk to encourage vaccination which isn't helpful for tourists....deep sigh.
I'm hoping for some information from the testing plans at Plagne Centre - still waiting...

Time to poke my MP's PA again today - they might need something to take their minds off the Christmas Party debacle....
ski holidays
Quick update on the phamacies signing off recovery and single jab:
My wife posted up the J2ski Vd'I pharmacy piece on a Chx FaceAche page, asking if it could happen in Chx.
A lady from StG who has good local links states that it is her understanding that it has been happening in StG, and she thinks Chx.

If things work out I'll be in Chx in less than a week and will give it a go, and report back.
ski holidays
^^^ For under 16's that is
ski holidays
Tayside

Checked a few other health boards and some of them are offering the second dose for 12-15 year olds, we'd be the 112 weeks on the 14th Dec too and travelling the 21st so it may work out. Likewise I'll keep an eye out for NHS Tayside info and if nothing forthcoming it's a trip to Edinburgh.
ski holidays
A good friend of mine works for NHS down there and is calling via Ingleston to ask the question - could just be a matter of time for Tayside to catch up but hopefully fall back of a trip to Edinburgh, Ill let you know what they say
snow conditions
RichieC43 wrote:
A good friend of mine works for NHS down there and is calling via Ingleston to ask the question - could just be a matter of time for Tayside to catch up but hopefully fall back of a trip to Edinburgh, Ill let you know what they say

Thanks that would be great - do you think they'd mind asking whether we would get turned away if under NHS Tayside? or maybe asking they'd have to rule on it and decline, but if just turning up they might go with it.
ski holidays
Yeh, that's what they're going to ask, I can't see why it would matter - fingers crossed
snow report
Now that we have a double vaccinated 15 year old, proving it is nearly impossible. Has anyone had any success? We have linked her medical records to the NHS app but her Covid jabs do not show.
snow report
From the serfaus website, but may be of interest to all British travellers to Austria with kids aged 12+:

For school-age Austrian children between 12 and 15 years of age, the Corona test pass (ninja pass) is equivalent to 2G proof. The prerequisite for this is that the pass provides evidence of the regular test intervals for the current week. The pass is valid up to and including the Sunday of the test week. During school holidays, a PCR test is required as proof for school-age Austrian children between the ages of 12 and 15 (currently valid for 72 hours). For children between the ages of 12 and 15 from abroad, we still expect a uniform Europe-wide regulation.
snow conditions
haveagoskiers wrote:
Tayside

Checked a few other health boards and some of them are offering the second dose for 12-15 year olds, we'd be the 112 weeks on the 14th Dec too and travelling the 21st so it may work out. Likewise I'll keep an eye out for NHS Tayside info and if nothing forthcoming it's a trip to Edinburgh.

Following with interest - another Tayside teen here - 12 weeks on 14th Dec. Would be grateful for any updates.
Was planning to walk into the high street vaccination centre and try our luck after the 14th. Also would be happy to head to Edinburgh.
Thanks again for all this useful info.
snow report
Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated……. My 15 yr old son will be double vaccinated prior to going skiing. However, he will not have proof via the nHS covid app. I will have his medical records as proxy on my nhs app but no QR code. Can I assume he can do his pre flight test 48 hrs before departure rather than the 24 for not fully vaccinated ( despite not having a pass?)
snow report
@pinotgrigio, is the 48/24 thing an issue?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy