Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
7ncj wrote:
I’ve just heard from friends who have moved to Grenoble. .

They were relying on wording below they’ve seen used in quite a few French websites (e.g. Eiffel Tower visiting info) and fingers crossed seems AOK so far.

“Depending on your situation, your Covid-19 Certificate may be provided in the form of:
A vaccination certificate: stating that you are fully vaccinated, at least 1 week ago (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca) or 4 weeks ago (Janssen). ;
A recent negative Covid-19 test, either an RT-PCR or antigen test, from within the last 24 hours.
An old positive Covid-19 test proving that you have recovered from the virus, from more than 11 days and less than 6 months ago.”

This will make a huge difference to anyone with 12-15 year olds.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
7ncj wrote:
I’ve just heard from friends who have moved to Grenoble. They’re finding a print out of the email of their child’s positive test result (standard NHS PCR result email) is being accepted in-lieu of a QR code document.

They were relying on wording below they’ve seen used in quite a few French websites (e.g. Eiffel Tower visiting info) and fingers crossed seems AOK so far.

“Depending on your situation, your Covid-19 Certificate may be provided in the form of:
A vaccination certificate: stating that you are fully vaccinated, at least 1 week ago (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca) or 4 weeks ago (Janssen). ;
A recent negative Covid-19 test, either an RT-PCR or antigen test, from within the last 24 hours.
An old positive Covid-19 test proving that you have recovered from the virus, from more than 11 days and less than 6 months ago.”

This will also make a big difference rather than trying to get a certification of the fact.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's useful.
Combined with a the child's linked NHS history on the NHS app that may well be just what we all need.
(When I say "we" I mean our 12 yaear old who was looking at NY with grandparents while we all went skiing! Very Happy snowHead )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd like to think it was going to be that easy, but sadly I suspect they have just been lucky so far in places accepting the UK +ve test email, as the same Eiffel tower page immediately goes on to say :

Quote:
You can provide your Covid-19 “Pass Sanitaire” (Health Pass) in the format that you prefer:

in paper format: by presenting your document (original or photocopy) with the QR code;
in digital format: by presenting a photo or scan of your document with the QR code; Or a valid EU digital COVID Certificate accepted in France ; or a digital Covid Certificate from the UK also accepted in France.

...and this matches the various French gov websites, that even in paper format the QR code is required, which the UK +ve test emails do not contain (it's just name, d.o.b., and result).
So it's still the same boat, either gamble that the ski pass offices and lifties (if random checked) will accept a UK email without a barcode, or accept 24 hour testing faffage. To be honest I'd take a punt with the test result email if it were just restaurants, but the lift situation is another matter....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hopefully they're will be more clarity as time passes, and the Christmas trail blazers hit the slopes.

A bit of a sweeping generalisation but central Europe do often have a lot of process /paperwork but much is then ignored, or paid lip service to. It's simply not going to be workable to check covid passes on every lift. Even for resorts with limited entry options imagine what it'll be like at peak times.

I'm probably as guilty as anyone for searching high and low to find potential solutions. I've also seen this quote on French Ministry for Foreign affairs website and following this guidance my son won't need a pass sanitaire as he was 11 on 01/10/21. Open to interpretation or could be an error in translation though?

"If you are aged 12 years and 2 months or more as of 1 October 2021. Below that age, no COVID certificate is required."

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/applying-for-a-covid-certificate-if-you-were-vaccinated-abroad-procedure-for/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Has anyone been able to find out how to prove double vaccination for their 12-15. If you link profiles on the nhs app will it show up fully vaccinated for them?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@L0ve2ski, I'm ringing my GP in the morning to see if they can link my son's profile to mine and will report back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This the text on my/ via a linked profile, on my / child's medical record on the NHS app.

"25 October 2021

Vaccination - COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Comirnaty 30micrograms/0.3ml dose conc for susp for inj MDV (Pfizer) 1 0.3ml - See communication for further details.
Letter
Coded entry - Administration of first dose of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (Y29e7)"

No option to produce a covid pass, travel or domestic though, so if a QR code is essential, this doesn't help.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I spoke to my surgery today. 13 years and over should register themselves on the NHS app to get their own records rather than being linked to the parent. My 15 year old just tried to do it but he needs photo ID and his passport is being renewed so he couldn’t prove his identity. The GPs at our surgery are meeting next week to see if they will change their policy to allow 12 year olds to be linked to a parents account as they are getting lots of requests.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh heck, yet more inconsistency then as we were told categorically, under 16s couldn't be given access to their medical records via the app, a linked profile was the only possible option!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For those that have U16s who have had two jabs, this may help

https://www.sante.fr/how-to-obtain-a-french-health-pass#p5

Although it states on the front page that it's not for people from the UK, (according to a Morzine travel company) many Brits are finding it works.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Timmycb5,

Super, let me know what you find out.

@7ncj,

I just cannot comprehend the reason for making it so difficult for these kids!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@L0ve2ski, I know! I'm not going until Easter so a bit of time to see how things pan out. I'd put money on either... no/curtailed ski season or...., more optimistically... a pretty pragmatic approach may just be taken, with some evidence of vaccines or recent prior infection sufficient to get either a QR code from a pharmacy, and/or lift pass.... with no other checks during the week. I just don't see how it can be workable for daily antigen tests with passes checked many times a day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@7ncj,

So I have found a pharmacy that is near where we are skiing. I will call them tomorrow and ask if there is a AH chance they will give a UK double jabbed child a QR code with all the evidence they need.

How do we obtain a paper certificate? Is it enough to just have it written down on paper from the GP?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd ask them what they'd accept. Print out of medical record, signed letter from GP, vaccine card??

The only certificate I can find is a private clinic offering covid recovery certificate. This is useful for children have had no or one vaccine and have tested positive within 180 days of their trip.
snow report
Ok I am confused.
Travelling to Les Arcs 1800 Via Genva 26th Dec.
kids 12 and 14. Single vax how do I prove this?
Wife and I fully vaxed and boostered.
Everyone does Antigen 24hrs before - check I have booked us at the airport.
So what do we have to do with the kids?
Test every day? Book tests in resort?
ski holidays
acrmnsm wrote:
Ok I am confused.
Travelling to Les Arcs 1800 Via Genva 26th Dec.
kids 12 and 14. Single vax how do I prove this?
Wife and I fully vaxed and boostered.
Everyone does Antigen 24hrs before - check I have booked us at the airport.
So what do we have to do with the kids?
Test every day? Book tests in resort?

Yes, exactly. Test every day while you’re there so they can access the ski lifts and restaurants/ bars. We are in the same position with our 14 year old (single-vaxed in mid-Oct), and presumably will have the same issue at Easter for our 11 year old who will turn 12 in April.
We will be in Arc 1950. There is a pharmacy in 2000 and in 1800.
snow conditions
You should be okay for Easter as your older child will hopefully have their second vaccine by then and your younger one will still be under age limit (it's actually 12 and 2 months).
ski holidays
7ncj wrote:
You should be okay for Easter as your older child will hopefully have their second vaccine by then and your younger one will still be under age limit (it's actually 12 and 2 months).

Thank you!!!
latest report
Thanks
snow report
@7ncj, As long as the App can give you the proof by then! Same boat here. Binned a trip in two weeks time-webcams are gutting right now-in expectation of going as well at the end of March.
snow report
@snowhound, agree! getting a QR code, possibly from a pharmacy, possibly via the link above, possibly via changes to the NHS app is the big unknown at the moment.

The French guidance states:

Prior infection within 180 days or
2 doses of a vaccine they recognise

is what's needed. But what evidence will they accept in reality, at a ski lift??

Friends in France have so far just been able to show a print out of a positive result NHS email for their 12 year old, but only tried restaurants so far. They're going skiing a week tomorrow, so will find out more then. Worryingly probably could end up being local discretion.
snow conditions
Whilst I'm in an unfortunate situation of my son, not yet 12 but will be 12 and 3 months by Easter, can't have first jab until Feb due to recent infection..... we do have some flexibility due to driving and have a cancellation option on our Avoriaz apartment.

Austria currently (well assuming it reopens to tourists!) will accept a GP letter confirming recent infection. As a back up, I've therefore booked accommodation in Kaprun too.
latest report
From a quick conversation with a TO yesterday, it sounds positive.
Lobbying UK Gov for better App access for UK teens. (For what that is worth)
Talking to local Gov in resort and lift companies. Aiming to ensure that there is ample testing if required and what paperwork we will need.

I'm feeling positive (Today). Lift co's are very efficient at checking passes, I'm sure they aren't gong to be checking on every lift, probably just the ones at the bottom of the valley and other key points.
They will know about the UK issues for kids, if a family of 2 kids and 2 adults rock up at a lift, the two adults have the App, one of the kids is under 12 and one of the kids is 12 with an email or letter stating prior infection.
The lifty is going to probably wave you through and not want a family of four freezing into advanced hypothermia at his lift.
ski holidays
Quote:

I'm probably as guilty as anyone for searching high and low to find potential solutions. I've also seen this quote on French Ministry for Foreign affairs website and following this guidance my son won't need a pass sanitaire as he was 11 on 01/10/21. Open to interpretation or could be an error in translation though?

"If you are aged 12 years and 2 months or more as of 1 October 2021. Below that age, no COVID certificate is required."

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/applying-for-a-covid-certificate-if-you-were-vaccinated-abroad-procedure-for/

Does anybody know if there's a similar grace period in Austria? Our group will have one child turning 12 in Jan, with travel early March, so no way he'll be double jabbed before we travel.
snow report
@RobMcQ, there is no grace period in Austria. The reason for this is that at the moment the school testing system 'Ninja Pass' is accepted as proof for the 2G regulations. What difference the proposed compulsory vaccination will make remains to be seen but the feeling is that will only apply to over 14's as they are considered adult at that point. There is currently no mechanism for foreign children to be able to do the same testing. Note this applies to all foreign children so there are open issues with German and Dutch children too as they are by far the largest groups of tourists so maybe something will be sorted out soon.
Has he had Covid?
snow conditions
RobMcQ wrote:
Quote:

Does anybody know if there's a similar grace period in Austria? Our group will have one child turning 12 in Jan, with travel early March, so no way he'll be double jabbed before we travel.

I haven't seen anything mentioning that unfortunately.

My wife is going ring a couple of places in Austria on Monday (day off and she speaks German) so I'll add that to the list of questions and post on here if we find out anything useful.

Edited, as seen Chris's reply and that he's in Austria.... guessing we won't find out anything more from making some calls. Oh well.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 2-12-21 12:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@7ncj,

So I called 4 pharmacies and all told me they couldn’t give me the pass sanitaire for my son as they can’t do it for people from the UK. 2 of them were aware of the problem we will have with 12-15 and 2 of them weren’t.

Have also requested my son’s nhs app to be linked to like so let’s see what happens.

I was asked to the lift company to see what they suggest or even contact the French embassy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@L0ve2ski, thanks. Good to know, even if it wasn't the answer we wanted to hear.

Can't believe, unless something changes, we'll need to move our holiday to Austria as that looks to be far easier in our circumstances (unvaccinated 11, soon to be 12, year old, recently recovered from covid)
latest report
@Chris_n, Thanks. He hasn't had covid, so with no grace period it sounds like we'll need a testing based solution. I'd seen mention of the ninja pass, but had established it doesn't currently apply to non-residents. Here's hoping they sort something out in the next couple of months. As you say, they must have a lot of German and Dutch families in this position, so you'd think they'd be keen to find a way to let them come.
latest report
L0ve2ski wrote:
@7ncj,

So I called 4 pharmacies and all told me they couldn’t give me the pass sanitaire for my son as they can’t do it for people from the UK. 2 of them were aware of the problem we will have with 12-15 and 2 of them weren’t.

Have also requested my son’s nhs app to be linked to like so let’s see what happens.

I was asked to the lift company to see what they suggest or even contact the French embassy.

Was the for 2 x jabs or recovery?
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, it impacts both scenarios, i.e. technically meet the requirements but currently seemingly no official way to demonstrate it (QR code needed).

So until something changes all English children between 12 years 2 months and 15 will need to have daily antigen tests.

Apparently some brits have managed to get qr codes for their fully vaccinated children, using the link in my earlier post above, but this is third hand info.
latest report
@7ncj, you might need to speak to specific pharmacies. According to this link you can do it. It handily has a map of every pharmacie in France with is able to issue an equivalence pass!

https://www.sante.fr/how-to-obtain-a-french-health-pass?fbclid=IwAR03BRHPVheBVZLHCqIkGnorynGLzNHqye3McWPx_q5MaBsSF9fKeyjXPZk
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, officially states not for people who have had vaccine in the UK though. I’ve heard on another forum it has worked for others, but not an option for us unfortunately as our son won’t be fully vaccinated before our trip.
snow report
@7ncj, so it does. What a crock of poo.

I suspect it says that as UK certificates work on the TAC app, but that doesn't help kids!
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@7ncj, so it does. What a crock of poo.

I suspect it says that as UK certificates work on the TAC app, but that doesn't help kids!

I have managed to get a a pharmacy in Courchevel to agree to do an equivalence pass sanitaire for my 14 year old daughter (who is double vaccinated fortunately).

They said in theory they shouldn't do them for the UK, but recognised the problem with my teenager, so said they would do it exceptionellement...which is a relief for us and possibly a help for any of you with double vaccinated teens just needing a QR code. - a friendly pharmacy may look kindly on you
snow report
Haven't seen this mentioned in this thread. Was confirmed in the Commons that the government "are looking at" providing proof of vaccination for teenagers. https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-questions/detail/2021-11-22/79365
I have written to my MP to ask for timing. If anyone has Maggie Throup as their MP, they could ask her directly
ski holidays
Positive step, but as you timing is critical - also the response only mentions double vacinated, not recovery. Adults get a QR code on recovery so children should too. Aguably more important for children, given most aren't yet double jabbed, and most I suspect have contracted covid recently (based on gut feel of the speed it rifled around our kids, and neighbours and colleague schools this term). I'd say for this season at least that is probably more use, since there are so few kids double jabbed yet.
latest report
@Timmycb5,

2 jabs and recovery Eh oh!
snow conditions
@Joyceycat,

I will message you as we are also going to courchevel and have double jabbed son!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy